Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,663 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With (2479 Views)

World Happiness Report 2015: Nigeria Ranks 78th, Tops South Africa And Ghana / Happy 78th Birthday To Chief Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR (Baba Iyabo) / Ojukwu Set To Celebrate 78th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With by 360command: 5:38am On Oct 13, 2013
The British, Swedish and the Finnish enjoy the widest range of visa-free travel on the planet. Citizens of the three European countries are able to visit 173 of the world's nations without applying for a visa.

South Africa is the highest placed African country in the visa-free travel ranking as its citizens can travel to 94 countries without visa. Next to South Africa in Africa are Botswana, The Gambia, Kenya, Lesotho, and Namibia. The citizens of these five countries can travel to 68 countries in the world without visa. The citizens of Nigeria(78th Position) and Ghana(66th Position) can travel to 48 and 61 countries visa-free respectively.

India is ranked at No. 74, and improved its position by 6 slots since last year's rankings, with Indians allowed to travel visa-free to 52 countries.
Afghanistan, which bottomed out as the country with most number of visa restrictions imposed on its passport holders, ranked at 93 with a score of 28, followed by Iraq at a rank of 92 and a score of 31, with and Pakistan and Somalia a mere spot away with a 32 score.

"Pakistan, Somalia, Iraq and Afghanistan remain in the bottom four places of the ranking, which means that citizens of these countries enjoy the least freedom of travel," said Henley & Partners in its media statement accompanying the rankings.

source: https://www.henleyglobal.com/fileadmin/pdfs/visarestrictions/Global%20Ranking%20-%20Visa%20Restriction%20Index%202013-08.pdf
Re: Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With by 360command: 5:55am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With by 360command: 6:01am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With by 360command: 6:01am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With by 360command: 6:03am On Oct 13, 2013
Most of the countries that Nigerians do not need visa to visit aside those in ECOWAS are small island countries in Asia and the Carribbean, some of which issue visa to visitors on arrival. Among them are Barbados, Diminican Republic, Grenada, Haiti, Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Americas, and Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Maldives, Laos and Macau. Others include Cook Islands, Fiji, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Samoa, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
Re: Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 13, 2013
I Love Naija My Country grin
Re: Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With by Nedlog(m): 6:19am On Oct 13, 2013
atleast...,we still de reach anywhere we wan reach...,naija 4 life!
Re: Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With by 360command: 6:20am On Oct 13, 2013
marious: I Love Naija My Country grin
no b lie. we no carry last.
Re: Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With by premlove(m): 8:11am On Oct 13, 2013
360command: Most of the countries that Nigerians do not need visa to visit aside those in ECOWAS are small island countries in Asia and the Carribbean, some of which issue visa to visitors on arrival. Among them are Barbados, Diminican Republic, Grenada, Haiti, Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Americas, and Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Maldives, Laos and Macau. Others include Cook Islands, Fiji, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Samoa, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
so all this nonsense you listed above are country and i know lagos may be bigger than some
Re: Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With by 360command: 11:13am On Oct 13, 2013
prem love: so all this nonsense you listed above are country and i know lagos may be bigger than some
no b by how big or small,d question is, where does our passport stands if we want have access to the world free without the need of visa? The answer are not far fetch from above.
Re: Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
48? Wetin i still dey do for naija? Haba nw

(1) (Reply)

Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles / 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week / Why I Did Not Kill President Babangida During The Orkar Coup”- Lt Echendu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.