Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Religion Section 'awards Night' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Section 'awards Night' (19736 Views)

Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky) / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
[size=13pt]Hi all,

It's almost that time of the year again where we get to choose or vote for members who we all believe deserve to be rewarded for their contributions to the growth of the section.

Unlike what has been the case in previous years, we hope to make this year rather different and one that would be the pride of seun and envy of all other sections.

I am not sure of the nature of the 'awards night' just yet, hence the need for us all to brainstorm and make this a success. All suggestions are welcome...
[/size]
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mods we also need your help and cooperation.

Thanks!
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
Present.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Present.

Welcome boss...

Time to get in the faces of other members and try and make this work.

I appreciate your interest.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
striktlymi:

Welcome boss...

Time to get in the faces of other members and try and make this work.

I appreciate your interest.
Go and do you thing, I trust you.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Go and do you thing, I trust you.

Thanks!

Work has begun in earnest.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
1) Different categories? eg Christian poster of the year; Atheist poster of the year; Humanitarian of the year; best sermon?

2) Limited voting time- a week maximum?

3) Awards after party featuring dj Anonynize and the Muskeeto boyz?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
Logicboy03: 1) Different categories? eg Christian poster of the year; Atheist poster of the year; Humanitarian of the year; best sermon?

Who are the muskeeto boyz?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Who are the muskeeto boyz?

lol....nobody.....just a joke grin
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
Logicboy03: 1) Different categories? eg Christian poster of the year; Atheist poster of the year; Humanitarian of the year; best sermon?

Great idea...

Can you elaborate on the nature of the categories? E.g a) The criteria to consider before choosing; b) Should the election be by the ballot system; c) Should threads be put up for nomination vis a vis the poster?

...and why the cap of one week?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
HBG and LB what do you think about a panel?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by macof(m): 1:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
Wow smiley this should be good.
there should be a category like best pagan poster, I knw pagan 9ja would win sha.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
striktlymi: HBG and LB what do you think about a panel?
I think we should wait for other members to come forward before taking the next step.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
striktlymi:

Great idea...

Can you elaborate on the nature of the categories? E.g a) The criteria to consider before choosing; b) Should the election be by the ballot system; c) Should threads be put up for nomination vis a vis the poster?

...and why the cap of one week?

1) There should be awards in different categories. Last year, I lost to Goshen because there was only one award- religion poster of the year award. Goshen is someone that can not comment outside christianity and last year was the year of atheism. Imagine how odd it is that someone like Goshen had that award. A christian like Anony should have won it at least- someone who could relate to both atheists and christians.

So an award for
-best sermon (christian)
-best christian poster (christian)
-best atheist/non-religious poster
-best non-religious sermon/thread
-Overall religion section poster.

2) The votes should have a limit. Seeing as last year, I would have won if the time limit was not stretched....giving Toba (Goshen's campaign manager) enough time to rally christians against an atheist winning. #butthurt.

Do you want to count about a thousand votes manually? That is what about 2 or more weeks can get you if the electipns are interesting and polarized

3 days is enough. The days for voting should be announced in advance

3) Ballot style elections. one person one vote
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I think we should wait for other members to come forward before taking the next step.

Cool!
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
macof: Wow smiley this should be good.
there should be a category like best pagan poster, I knw pagan 9ja would win sha.

Lol!!! Precisely!

Don't you think he would be the only nominee?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) There should be awards in different categories. Last year, I lost to Goshen because there was only one award- religion poster of the year award. Goshen is someone that can not comment outside christianity and last year was the year of atheism. Imagine how odd it is that someone like Goshen had that award. A christian like Anony should have won it at least- someone who could relate to both atheists and christians.

So an award for
-best sermon (christian)

2) The votes should have a limit. Seeing as last year, I would have won if the time limit was not stretched....giving Toba (Goshen's campaign manager) enough time to rally christians against an atheist winning. #butthurt.

Do you want to count about a thousand votes manually? That is what about 2 or more weeks can get you if the electipns are interesting and polarized

Sounds good! Let's wait a bit to see what other members think.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by macof(m): 1:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
striktlymi:

Lol!!! Precisely!

Don't you think he would be the only nominee?
nah! You seem to forget dat am in dat category too
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Mintayo(m): 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
Present...This is cool.
Please where is frosbel?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
macof: nah! You seem to forget dat am in dat category too

Oh of course!

Let's see what other members think.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mintayo: Present...This is cool.
Please where is frosbel?

Welcome bros!

Any suggestions?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by italo: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
striktlymi: HBG and LB what do you think about a panel?

Panel?!! shocked

Well, just make sure Obadiah or other people like him are not in the panel.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
italo:

Panel?!! shocked

Does your lord Jesus tell you that you're better than me?

FYI; I havent said anything about a panel.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
macof: Wow smiley this should be good.
Lol. Don't be too confident. Folykaze seems to me a more intelligent dude.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
italo:

Panel?!! shocked

Lol!!!

We all would have to decide on the nature of the awards. There might not be a panel...all depends on the suggestions of members.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Don't be too confident. Folykaze seems to me a more intelligent dude.

Bros we need your input/suggestions.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Ishilove: 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
I think the awards should wait till December
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

So an award for
-best sermon (christian)

Hahahaha. LOL

I think you are still heavily butthurt at losing last year that you want to create as many awards as possible so you can at least get one. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by macof(m): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Don't be too confident. Folykaze seems to me a more intelligent dude.
folykaze isn't pagan
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
-Best debative topic of the year
-highest thread of the year
-Best religious poster of the year ---overall
--Best religion member of the year(male)
-Best religion member of the year(female)
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ishilove: I think the awards should wait till December

It will take place in December.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Hahahaha. LOL

I think you are still heavily butthurt at losing last year that you want to create as many awards as possible so you can at least get one. grin grin grin grin grin

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Emmanuel Okose 'Soul E' Is A Fake Pastor - Nigerian Man Exposes Ex Singer(Video) / Adeboye Donates N10m To University Of Ibadan / Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.