Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. (19761 Views)

Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / T.B Joshua: Woman Gives Birth During Church Service (graphic Video) / South African Pastor Strips Members During 'church service' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by daveP(m): 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
"It is good to praise the Lord-Halleluyah!"

Exactly!

But when it becomes an anthem, chant, line of lyrics without meaning and personal conviction, then what good is it anyway?

My pastor sometimes interrupt the flow of Praise and Worship and say "Do you even know what you're singing? Do you mean what you sing?" (A sober congregation)

Here are 10 songs often sang in hypocrisy. Maybe because it makes you dance to the beat, or it enhances vocal performance but the meaning is long forgotten on most occasions........

1) There is "Something" that make me:

Well everyone would chant back in response "My Helper!!"

So you mean that if you don't need something from the Creator of your soul, you would'nt approach his presence?

You're looking for Husband or wife, its only then you remember God's presence? Who know whether your motive for your church-going is solely because of the handsome Ben Harris or delectable Oge Alberta? What makes you come to His Presence? Ask yourself.

2) By the rivers of Babylon: I myself loved to sing it because it had this feeling attached to it (you shut your eyes and be "in the mood of worship" ,but if you know what captivity really is, and how the Israelites felt in a foreign land. You wouldnt even want to sing it in the real sense of it. Captivity is no joke! This song is highly conditional.

3) I love the way you Father'd me:

You see Sis Evelyn, a prostitute, wealthy and always well dressed come to sing it with the Righteous, and you're moved. Or Chief Agbalowomeri (an AMORC member), vibrating and weeping when actually deep down, both are under the canopy of the devil. Remember this song is a declaration. Your present state is proportional to how God father'd you.

4) I surrender all:

People weep under the emotion that this song exhibits, but imagine leaving the church premises and yet you still do "all" or "part" of what you said you wanted to surrender? That makes one a liar!

5) I have decided to follow Jesus:

Perhaps the keyboardist has an influence because tunes are soulful. "decided" is past tense, which means the decision was active before you sang it. Ironic that you may not even follow Christ, or be like Him. Maybe that's why some keep silent in some churches when this song is ongoing! Commitment is costly.

6) Joy to the world, the Lord is come:

Go through every line of this carol hymn and you'll see beyond singing it just every December.

No wonder a call to go back to the hymnals would do a lot for Christendom!

7) Touch me once again O Lord!:

When the minister is about to be welcomed for ministration, this song is always sung. Funny some don't even know how God touches someone. The only context they understand about "touching" is when Bro Lazarus is touched to give Sis Tamedu a a fat envelope.

cool Faithful are you Lord: grin

God is always, everly faithful. But imagine you know this "beloved sister or brother" across your street who earns cash via questionable terms singing this song? My God would not support such.

9) I go rise and shine:

You've said it, you've declared it, but you just dont act it! Repent!!!

10) (which deserves number 10)

Are you guilty in the real sense of it? To dance is lively, to know what you're dancing to is another

Drop yours also...

26 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Applaner: 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2014
so u go to church to analyse songs .

my brother, u are on a very looooooonnnnnnnnnggggggg thing.

45 Likes

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hmm.
So true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by JigsawKillah(m): 6:48pm On Dec 13, 2014
Lmao!
So true!

2 Likes

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Lorlaahlozz: 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
I can't say anything cos it's about church

1 Like

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by naijaboiy: 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
Lorlaahlozz:
I can't say anything cos it's about church
what if it's about mosque? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by herald9: 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
You so on point

But it's been long I went to church shasmiley

6 Likes

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Alexk2(m): 9:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
op., this is very true.....singing any song of praise without letting it minister to you personally is a waste of time and a mere entertainment....beside., some of the songs we sing these days should be reviewd for us not to offend the God we claim to be praising.....

lastly., hymnal songs can never be outdated.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
The song sang most is I surrender all we (me inclusive) sing it over and over again without it really having any impart in our lives and at the end we surrender little or even nothing .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by mesoade(m): 9:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hymnal songs are the best

4 Likes

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by honourhim: 10:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
Number 10- Wherever he leads i will go.

If he leads you to Boko haram hot zone to go and preach will you go?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by daveP(m): 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2014
herald9:
You so on point

But it's been long I went to church shasmiley
if i hear say you dont go tomorrow. Why now?

honourhim:
Number 10- Wherever he leads i will go.
If he leads you to Boko haram hot zone to go and preach will you go?
grin 1st Entry.... Lets see more.

Send down fire.... Holy Ghost fire!!
Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by herald9: 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2014
daveP:
if i hear say you dont go tomorrow. Why now?

We will resume by January

2 Likes

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Chiscomax(m): 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
fdgdhjfjfgmhnbhnmjfjrh thjgnjtyjtrrth hahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by parzdor(m): 8:04am On Dec 14, 2014
ok
Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by saxwizard(m): 8:04am On Dec 14, 2014
hmmmm true
Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by holatin(m): 8:05am On Dec 14, 2014
hahahahaha
And I gIve you the title of the best observant of the year DAVEP

2 Likes

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by FTC1(f): 8:05am On Dec 14, 2014
Lol!
Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Janiobi(m): 8:05am On Dec 14, 2014
I believe I can fly...lol nah watin me dey sing for church ooh grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by sccofield(m): 8:06am On Dec 14, 2014
Na for Nairaland we the sing the song?
Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2014
Rubbish
Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by lirusehn(m): 8:09am On Dec 14, 2014
hahahah! Like yu knw my Chorister undecided

1 Like

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 14, 2014
I don't know David's dance, but I surely know the dance that is not David's..
I don't know How David's song were song but I surely know songs that are not godly..
Only God who searcheth the deep secret of the heart of Man can judge this matter..
Happy Sunday..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:10am On Dec 14, 2014
Stop going to church
Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 14, 2014
They that worship the Lord must worship in Spirit and in Truth!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Gelco(f): 8:13am On Dec 14, 2014
Hahaha
Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Youngzedd(m): 8:13am On Dec 14, 2014
Just observing in Full HD

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by djeezy(m): 8:16am On Dec 14, 2014
Lol. That I have decided to follow Jesus tho.

1 Like

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by datguru: 8:19am On Dec 14, 2014
This one says!

When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that would beeee, when we all seee jesus, we will sing and shout tha victorry!

Some sings this when they know very well that if the trumpet sounds at that minute, they are going no where

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Songs Sang In Hypocrisy During Church Service. by Lakayanah: 8:21am On Dec 14, 2014
The one that bothers me most is, "So we lift up holy hands in one accord" Are those hands lifted up really holy?.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? / Emmanuel Okose 'Soul E' Is A Fake Pastor - Nigerian Man Exposes Ex Singer(Video) / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.