Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology (11650 Views)

Vintage Pictures Of Goal Keepers In Flight / Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal / FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by fuckluv(f): 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
godjohnson: Haha, see how people dey find likes.

Ehmn,bt abeg mak una like my post,ehjoor today na my bday.tanx in advance
grin grin grin Na me liked ur post cos I no wan spoil ur bday.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Cashio(m): 8:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
luvable sam: The twist b turns,goal line clearances and saves causes makes d game thick.in as much as I get mad at goal line decisions that goes against NIGERIA OR LIVERPOOL...d mystery behind such desicions makes football interesting...There is no need for goal line technology...its not affordable n machines aren't error proof
instead wey liverpool go lose, make 9ja play draw......true red
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Mannylex(m): 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
It would take away the fun. The controversy keeps the game of football entertaining.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by antifat(m): 8:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
Introduce d technology and we will all have a clear mind,assumin' Nigeria was in Ethopia's shoe u all will call for goal line technology

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
EPL the best league in the world introduced it this season and its been gud,no argument again.. @Op did u take paraga, the stadium nor even get aerial camera talk more of GLT..

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by toms55(m): 8:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
gilgal7: u mean ''SPACE'' eya sorry ur english teacher pass away...brighter grammar is not all that expensive....?
Useless thing ur brain should be sharp enuf for u to knw that was a typo Error...oponu jati jati, o ri rada rada . .. "Your english teacher pass away" na ur house he pass go? undecided mumu
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by k2039: 8:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
there is ηo poiηt introduciηq qoal liηe techηoloqy, afterall, football decisioηs had been presided over by referees since football was invented. in my opiηioη, qoal errors either from the part of the ref' or the linesman all contribute to the fun of the qame. imaqine havinq to wait for secon∂s or ρerhaps minutes before the referee can decide if a qoal truly crossed the qoal-line. ηow that`s moηotoηoυs¡

-o∂υηaγo™
Point of correction, the goal line technology will be based on sensors, processors, transmitter etc (from my knowledge of physics) and all this will happen within micro seconds.

Just like using your computer/calculator to do some complex mathematics, you receive your answer immediately.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by k2039: 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
antifat: Introduce d technology and we will all have a clear mind,assumin' Nigeria was in Ethopia's shoe u all will call for goal line technology
You dey mind the hypocrites and funny enough life is fair, what goes around comes around, it will also happen against Nigeria and ours may be disastrous because the game could be a very important one.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by k2039: 8:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
taiocol: e go spoil the game of soccer. The arguement is wat keep the sport goin
Apparently, this is just a typical example of the 'tragedy of tradition'.

How do you know it will spoil the game of soccer. Have you tried it to come to this conclusion.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Martini101(m): 8:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
k2039: You dey mind the hypocrites and funny enough life is fair, what goes around comes around, it will also happen against Nigeria and ours may be disastrous because the game could be a very important one.
. BROS, E don happen to us now! Have u forgotten Nigeria vs Cameroon final in 2000 (the penalty by Victor Ikpeba). Shebi them neva born U then? LOL
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by franklyn009(m): 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
wat we rily need is 18-box technology to decide weda a foul is penalty or not...penalty(ball to hand or handball) is d biggest cause of argument in football. referees usually make some wrong decisions. since everything is going technological even referee technology.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by hammedkola(m): 9:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
donez: Football is a game played by humans not by a machine.if d ref n linesmen cant detect d goals, so be it. GLT will surely kill d fun

grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by sopufischer: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
They should forget some nonsense goal line technology, football is real thing not some robotic game. It includes correct and wrong calls. All it need is eradication of those good for nothing replays that others call slow-mo.

Slow-mo should be restricted to thrilling moves on and off the pitch, as well as entertaining things around a football match not review of things referee cant even see which only causes confusion

meanwhile, leme know what you think of this
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CLG8GCG
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
I'm in favor of GLT because it will ensure that no team is cheated. Having said that, I don't think the goal line incident in the first half was a goal. The WHOLE of the ball didn't cross the line.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by banky222: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
WHO NEEDS GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGY WHEN IT FAVOURS NIGERIA? If I hear it? D match would av ended 2 - 2 with GL tech.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by banky222: 9:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
CFCfan: I'm in favor of GLT because it will ensure that no team is cheated. Having said that, I don't think the goal line incident in the first half was a goal. The WHOLE of the ball didn't cross the line.
it was a goal.check d replay again.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Abbeylincson(m): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Another way to disturb game
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Steezz(m): 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
I think the first-half incident jst about crossed d line if u look closely at d shadow of the ball. Only that Oboabona was quick 2 react he neva gave up. Not so sure about d weird Ethiopian goal tho undecided

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by GodswillAJudins(m): 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
Goal line technology is a huge development but I prefer extra referees but since they are humans an are prone to error I go for GLT. [color=#550000][/color]
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Strongfaze(m): 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
homesteady: Goal line technology is just the solution! We can't keep arguing whether it was a goal or not!
bros my problem is that even the replay seems to bring more arguements than the actual action.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by emiye(m): 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
Lee Herds: EPL the best league in the world introduced it this season and its been gud,no argument again.. @Op did u take paraga, the stadium nor even get aerial camera talk more of GLT..
It is not just goal line that needs technology, Offsides, tackles. In the Belarus match, Pedro of Spain eas through to score, when the referee blew that he was offside. With Technological replay, Pedro should have continued if he scores and the officials in the replay say it is offside, the goal won't stand. If he scores and the replay officials say he wasn't offside the goal stands.

Same case with Evans tackle on Torres which should have gotten Evans sent off. Torres was the one sent off but a replay technology would have solved that case and prevented the long argument that followed.

Technology in football is the future.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Nimen(m): 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
Oh ma Gosh i just made front page!!! There are people who has been in Nairaland since 2010 and can't boast of front page. Buh me wey come Friday last week don join fp op's asociation of nairaland Like to help me celebrate.

There where two goals in the game by the ethiopians in either halves. I think goal line tech should be approved so when you're winning there's no excuse
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
Strongfaze: bros my problem is that even the replay seems to bring more arguements than the actual action.

That happens when the replay has no visual aids or pointers. Also the final decision from the replay panel is final.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by pastorprosper(m): 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
Yeah! If goal line technology is introduced we should also introduce penalty technology, ethopians had 1 goal disallowed we also had a clear penalty disallowed too.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by alotofgrace(m): 10:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
dem go soon do the cheat.....by then, throwing go beome goal grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by ice234: 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
Goal line technology is the future. Our sport is played with the highest level of professionalism and so much money invested into it with no room for mistake. Imagine a crucial world cup final with so much to gain and lose been played then the referee commits a blunder and either permit or disallow a legitimate goal. The out come is huge., with goal line technology this can be prevented. The fact that it takes mini seconds to alert the referee and views makes the stoppage interval negligible. So my friends goal line technology is the future of football and it will help africa espcially now it is well known that referees cheat a lot..

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
Steezz: I think the first-half incident jst about crossed d line if u look closely at d shadow of the ball. Only that Oboabona was quick 2 react he neva gave up. Not so sure about d weird Ethiopian goal tho undecided

Both goals were very debatable, that is why technology is a must. I wonder why Fifa is bent on delaying the inevitable. All sports now use technology, football is just starting.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by geesilver(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
This seems to me ℓi̶̲̥̅ke A̶̲̥̅ goal, am ℓ̊ seeing double, or its an End time Goal scored.[color=#000000][/color]

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
k2039: You dey mind the hypocrites and funny enough life is fair, what goes around comes around, it will also happen against Nigeria and ours may be disastrous because the game could be a very important one.

It won't happen to Nigeria. Your negative wishes won't work
It is unfortunate that that incident went that way but the Ethiopians goal was also very debatable too.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Princek12(m): 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
In real football, it is not a goal if the ball does not shake or tear the net. If Ethiopia wanted an incontrovertible goal, they should have blasted the ball into the net and shake the net ogidipa, not pass the ball into the hands of the keeper or play the ball such that our defender cleared the ball away and then make a stupid argument that the ball went pass the goal line.

4 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
banky222: it was a goal.check d replay again.

I just watched it again and it isn't clear at all. To me it didn't cross, to you it did. That is why technology is needed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Coronavirus Could Affect The Olympics 2020, Euro 2020 And The Sporting World / Day 2 Of Higher Institution Football League: BATTLE OF PRIDE / Imaobong Nse Uko Wins Gold At The Women's 400m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.