Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology (11649 Views)

Vintage Pictures Of Goal Keepers In Flight / Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal / FIFA Announces Introduction Of Goal-line Technology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Steezz(m): 11:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Princek12: In real football, it is not a goal if the ball does not shake or tear the net. If Ethiopia wanted an incontrovertible goal, they should have blasted the ball into the net and shake the net ogidipa, not pass the ball into the hands of the keeper or play the ball such that our defender cleared the ball away and then make a stupid argument that the ball went pass the goal line.
LMAO!!! Thats wat i thot. Ethiopians are 2 skinny and fragile 2 score an ''ogidigba'' kinda goal hence the 2 funny-lookin goals grin As a West African u'r born naturally strong! The same cant be said for East Africa tho undecided

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by adahib: 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
Arguments in football keep the beautiful game lively but you will agree with me that there are times such arguments are best avoided. Goal line technology eliminates these arguments and states clearly if a goal was or wasn't. I think it should be employed in every key match. That way, decisions will be spot-on.
By the way, every sincere individual will agree that the ethiopian ball did cross the line. Oh well, good for us. Hehehehe grin
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by hammedkola(m): 11:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
Deiok: Its a goad step in the right direction, its already been use In the EPL. I hate "That ball nah goal, That ball nor be Goal " Arguement.

But the arguement makes the games more interesting than just sitting down and watching everything going smoothly..menh! That's gonna looks boring
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Rexnegro(m): 12:58am On Oct 14, 2013
Its should be introduce Ǻ♍ totally in support of it cos some teams/club are benefiting from such Ethiopia scenarios...where goals are no counted cos d refs can't give clear decisions abt such cases .....so its should be intro Jare
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Princek12(m): 3:30am On Oct 14, 2013
Steezz: LMAO!!! Thats wat i thot. Ethiopians are 2 skinny and fragile 2 score an ''ogidigba'' kinda goal hence the 2 funny-lookin goals grin As a West African u'r born naturally strong! The same cant be said for East Africa tho undecided

GBAM
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 14, 2013
fuckluv: grin grin grin Na me liked ur post cos I no wan spoil ur bday.
Tanx ma guy
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Bitojoe(m): 5:57am On Oct 14, 2013
Goal line technology s good,but man u fans will never like it.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 14, 2013
The score line should have been 0-2 in favour of Nigeria..ethiopia didnt score yesterday.

First incident wasnt a goal..Oboabona cleared it off the goal line with the left foot..he acted right on time..if he had attempted it with his right,it would,ve crossed the line.it wasnt a goal simple..

2nd incident wasnt a goal either..Enyeama's leg was across the goal line but he caught the ball just on the line..the whole of the ball didnt cross the line.

5 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 14, 2013
@gbosaa: Having reviewed the 1st goal line incident several times, I can say that the whole if the ball crossed the line. However, I agree that the Ethiopian goal should not have been given as you rightly said, the whole of the ball didn't cross the line.
I guess the referee wanted to compensate the Ethiopians for the earlier incident.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by franklyn009(m): 7:17am On Oct 14, 2013
emenike taught them how to score goal naija way (i.e shake d net)...they should learn....if they had learnt dis earlier, we would b arguing weda its goal or not.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by tbaba1234: 7:20am On Oct 14, 2013
I don't think ethiopia scored yesterday. In both cases, the whole of the ball did not cross the line.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Arysexy(m): 7:20am On Oct 14, 2013
The disallow ethiopian first goal,was never a goal. When u luk at it facind d goal post it wil luk like it has crossed d line bc d ball is on d air. D best way to know is look at it from d corner kick spot, unfortunately poor Ethiopia no get camera in dat angle.

I can't really say about d 2nd goal, but y d ref counted it as goal was bc Enyeama was out already and have to step back to catch d ball dat has passed him.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by absalom11(m): 7:26am On Oct 14, 2013
ITS GOING TO BE GLORIOUS,HEAVENLY,PRAISY,ALL ABOUT GOD.
Its the Seat of God church Choir presenting a-day PRAISE JAM.
Featuring:
*UD PRAISE
*PRINCESS OMENA
*BIG BROTHERS
*EMMA SAX
*OTHER CHURCHES CHOIR
VENUE: JIKWOYI PHASE II BEHIND FOOTBAL FIELD,ABUJA.
DATE:25Th OCT, 2013
TIME:4:00PM
ITS GOING TO BE JUST LIKE HEAVEN HERE ON EARTH
Dont miss it!!!!!
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Herbert680: 7:38am On Oct 14, 2013
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by orgasticdance: 7:40am On Oct 14, 2013
goal line tech should have been deployed eons ago but we've always been at the mercy of the slowpokes called fifa. soccer is still behind other competitive sports in many respects:

1. i've been saying this for years but no one will listen. red cards should be reviewed. why punish a whole team for one players transgressions? refs have too much power in this regard and have ruined too many would have been classic games for soccer neutrals who hold no affinity towards any team and simply want sheer entertainment: case in point jans lehmans redcard in the 06 uefa arsenal barca final. That game would have been epic! my suggestion would be to evict the defaulting player, punish him accordingly, and replace with a player on the bench so that the game can continue 11 vs 11. This is done in bball whenever a player is hit with a a double technical or a flagrant foul.

2. Delay tactics can be a foregone conclusion if fifa remove continuous play ( when time continues to count even when there's a major stoppage in play as seen in injuries etc) and replacing it with stop-clock timing( timing stops when play stops) . This would disincentevize players from going down unnecessarily to waste time

3. penalties should be awarded only when a player is hacked down in a one on one situation with the keeper. all those other peripheral incidents incide the box ( hand balls, trips due to physical contact) should be awarded as indirect freekicks.

4. In a contentious decision, the ref should have access to a camera to review the play to equip him with the power to make a fair and unbiased decision. It's very unfair when we blame refs who have to make those split second decisions without the vantage view of replays. eh, this is employed in the NFL.

Soccer is now a high stakes game and the whole point is making the outcome of soccer match as fair as possible. Goal line technology and some of the recomendationss i've made, to my mind, go a long way towards accomplishing that.

5 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 14, 2013
@orgasticdance: I agree with your points. I would also recommend a 'challenge' system, whereby a team would have a maximum of 3 opportunities to ask the referee to review a decision. In addition, there can be a simultaneous use of 5 pitch referees and GLT to ensure that 'controversies' are minimized.
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by qrespo(m): 8:48am On Oct 14, 2013
I think goal line technology is a must. Touchline technology is used in lawn tennis extensively and this has not diminished the games tension and action.
There should also be video replays form contentious decisions as obtains with Amefrican football (NFL).

The monetary value attached to live matches and TV schedules seems to be what prevents FIFA/UEFA/PFA from making adequate changes.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by sweetiePe(f): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2013
Enyeama calls for goal line technology after howler

Enyeama says that goal-line technology would have vindicated him

The Nigeria goalkeeper insists that the lone Ethiopian goal in Sunday’s qualifier was a poor call which would not have stood if there was access to goal line technology

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by Bome01(m): 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
Its really needed. . . I believe Oboabona's clearance was goal. . . I stand to be corrected!
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by PromiseJonah(m): 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
PromiseJonah: Nigeria won Ethiopia as you all know. But the two Ethiopian goals where all ascertained by goal line technology. With this game what do you think is the future of goal line technology
a very big NO. U wan render all the referee dem jobles7! No bring bad belly here oh my uncle na ref. Oh. Goal line tech smal bring robot sad
Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by ToyinDipo(m): 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
taiocol: e go spoil the game of soccer. The arguement is wat keep the sport goin
Like the hawk-eye call technology spoilt tennis There is nothing I enjoy more than free and fair win. Uefa is not reluctant to adapt this technology because they felt it might spoil the fun, but because it will somehow restrict their fixture/game-fixing tactics.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by oswardis: 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
The two incidences could have been allowed as goals or both could have been disallowed, this two Ethiopian goals in one match is something football managers of Africa have to look into, Vincent the goal keeper is worried so much that he is advocating for goal line technology. look it up in http://lowstuff.com/controversial-ethiopian-goals-vincent-enyeama-calls-goal-line-technology/

Re: Your Thoughts On The Future Of Goal Line Technology by tck2000(m): 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2019
Technology

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Coronavirus Could Affect The Olympics 2020, Euro 2020 And The Sporting World / Day 2 Of Higher Institution Football League: BATTLE OF PRIDE / Imaobong Nse Uko Wins Gold At The Women's 400m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.