Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:06 PM

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings (25954 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Odion Ighalo Wins 2015 Goal Nigeria Player Of The Year Award / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 14, 2013
I stopped reading the trashy rating when Oboabona was described as a Right back.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by royale442(m): 7:16am On Oct 14, 2013
Eminike is a good striker. The guy even strike pass ASUU.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Liturgy(m): 7:17am On Oct 14, 2013
@Mazi Omenuko, ur domestic rating is wonderfully amazing. Lolz
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Liturgy(m): 7:27am On Oct 14, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: FANS

Nigerian supporters club:
Adorned in the country's green and white apparel, they ensured they kept the hopes alive by singing and drumming all through the match
7/10

VIP
Couldn't do much as they were all state dignitaries and sat with hands to their jaw as they watched their team being beaten by the super eagles.
4/10

Ethiopian supporters club
Was much lively during the first half and roared like thunder when the antelopes scored their first goal. They soon went to sleep after the eagles equalized and notched in the winner.
5/10

CAF officials
They observed with awe as the goal bound ball was cleared off by Obuabuna, making them to wonder when and how best to implement the goal-line technology. They had a wonderful afternoon as they were silently praying for the eagles to go through.
5/10

Ethipian ladies
This is where the action attraction lies. The coaching crew of the super eagles where seen glancing over there shoulders almost all the times, looking at those beautiful faces with pointed nose. Emenike, the goal scorer had to run past all the green-white colours of the eagles fans to celebrate his goal in front of the ethiopian ladies. Words on the street is that he planned winning them over with his performance on the pitch. They kept the stadium alive, and gave the home fans viewing from their sitting room something to watch out for whenever the ball passes the sidelines for a throw-in.
10/10.
Since no Ethiopian player passed the average rating, yours sincerely has decided to make the Ethiopian ladies his official women of the match.

cheesy
I outrightly giving to u de post of NFF p.r.o. Congrats.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by theplanmaker: 7:30am On Oct 14, 2013
udilson: Nairaland don become home of all tribalistc regoinalist i don see y on your post u dnt use 2 erase dose dt comment infavour of d south bt all u see northerners is as terrorist illetrate go nd ask ur fathers during 1900 we hav our economic system;method of ruling nd all sort we u scum we wering leaves

what is he saying I need an interpreter.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Herbert680: 7:31am On Oct 14, 2013
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by festivity123: 7:32am On Oct 14, 2013
una don see where they go play ball reach some where then stop to drink water?that one na new fifa rule or which break we go call that one

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 14, 2013
omicron: You copied goal.com verbatim and instead of acknowledging them, you put your own blog link as if you were the one dat produced those ratings. You had Better be original!

Come fight me na angry
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by HerexG(m): 7:39am On Oct 14, 2013
hardbody:

Does a monologue amount to a conversation? Just asking

The right statement should be

"Make your point clear with a proper grammar."
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by francisbiz: 7:43am On Oct 14, 2013
udilson: Nairaland don become home of all tribalistc regoinalist i don see y on your post u dnt use 2 erase dose dt comment infavour of d south bt all u see northerners is as terrorist illetrate go nd ask ur fathers during 1900 we hav our economic system;method of ruling nd all sort we u scum we wering leaves
WHO BE THIS?
TALK FOOTBALL WITH YOUR BROTHERS, MAN!
MUST YOU ALWAYS SHOW THE WORLD YOU ARE A SADIST?
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Michelyr3(m): 7:46am On Oct 14, 2013
chucky234: Bias rating, no Nigeria player deserves 6 let alone 7 because the Ethiopians outplayed the Eagles throughout the entire duration of the match,the timing of their runs and passes were accurate.
Igiebor,Emenike and Enyeama scored 5 while the rest fared below 5, Mikel could only manage a single pass in 90mins yet rated 6.
Certainly SE worst performance since Keshi was appointed coach,we won yes but we were lucky.
WTF are u saying? We r lucky to hit d post/bar? We r lucky to score a 25m outside d box shot? We r lucky to b scored a controversial goal?
Wat do u call luck in your village Mr? They run d field like d antelope dat dey are called and we showed determination and focus as d eagle we r to reach d top even though d altitude of d place is terrible, i dnt kw if u really watch d match to see wen d antelope run if of d field to drink water. GO GET A LIFE MAN.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by MORNDEW(m): 7:56am On Oct 14, 2013
Everybody shud nt postulate anytin nd u bring it to Nairaland. Hw can a goalkeeper dat kept us in d game for most of d time b given 4/10. Is it 4 a mistake dat is debatable. Oboabona shud b rated mor dan dat go nd watch d clip again even d write ups about dis guys on dat hastily prepared ratin is notin. Imagine an English analyst givin Oboabona dat kind of ratin wen he clearly on more dan two occasion rescued Nigeria. Pls we shud not take any hastily half baked bread as food.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by orgasticdance: 7:58am On Oct 14, 2013
I don't think the ethiopians were that great. Playing like arsenal of old, all flair but no cutting edge or spine. If they play with same amount of flair and win us in the return leg i'll eat my words. Emenike is an impact player and deserves a big move to a major european league abeg. He is now arguably more influential to the team than MIkel+Moses. I hope he does well in brazil.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by dougy2(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2013
Well done super eagles. In football champions sometmes don't play the best of football but they do win the match
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Nosa Igiebor came in to stabillize the midfield,imposed his presence,and reduced the onslaught from the ethopians.In the process he was brought down twice.Only after he came in did Nigeria begin to attack.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by francisbiz: 8:16am On Oct 14, 2013
orgasticdance: I don't think the ethiopians were that great. Playing like arsenal of old, all flair but no cutting edge or spine. If they play with same amount of flair and win us in the return leg i'll eat my words. Emenike is an impact player and deserves a big move to a major european league abeg. He is now arguably more influential to the team than MIkel+Moses. I hope he does well in brazil.
Is Arsenal of today playing better? The league just got kicked-off, wait till Christmas at least.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by bisiofgod(m): 8:16am On Oct 14, 2013
May the lord heal you and give you understanding!
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by mykorheya(m): 8:24am On Oct 14, 2013
Saint Chukz: Who has Emenike's number here?.

i have it
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by arthgideon: 8:24am On Oct 14, 2013
Nigeria was ok in the game. I knew that Nigeria would win.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by ChiSun27(m): 8:32am On Oct 14, 2013
toluleke: I feel IDEYE should be rated higher than that immediately he came in the game changed and with some lovely passes IDEYE-6.5/10..
KESHI-7/10 Lovely substitution..i don't except him to always play all is hitmen at once..

*expect
*his
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by pet7: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2013
well it may be due to d bumpy pitch and high altitude dat affect d players
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by AyoolaAwizzy(m): 8:51am On Oct 14, 2013
udilson: Am nt drunk jst depressed nd anger
First, u said total trash/ballz and nw again u dey tabon....na wah for you ooo
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 14, 2013
orgasticdance: I don't think the ethiopians were that great. Playing like arsenal of old, all flair but no cutting edge or spine. If they play with same amount of flair and win us in the return leg i'll eat my words. Emenike is an impact player and deserves a big move to a major european league abeg. He is now arguably more influential to the team than MIkel+Moses. I hope he does well in brazil.
dude .....emenike plays for turkish champion fernerbache and he is yet to score a single goal this season. Y do u think a major european team will go 4 him?
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Vicilo(m): 9:04am On Oct 14, 2013
Adexchelsea19: what's this 1 sayin pls

I was abt to ask d same question. Who is he ? Is he a Nigerian ?
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by javalove(m): 9:08am On Oct 14, 2013

[size=28pt]Nigerian supporters club:
Adorned in the country's green and white apparel, they ensured they kept the hopes alive by singing and drumming all through the match
7/10
[/size]

VIP
Couldn't do much as they were all state dignitaries and sat with hands to their jaw as they watched their team being beaten by the super eagles.
4/10

Was much lively during the first half and roared like thunder when the antelopes scored their first goal. They soon went to sleep after the eagles equalized and notched in the winner.
5/10

CAF officials
They observed with awe as the goal bound ball was cleared off by Obuabuna, making them to wonder when and how best to implement the goal-line technology. They had a wonderful afternoon as they were silently praying for the eagles to go through.
5/10

Ethipian ladies
This is where the action attraction lies. The coaching crew of the super eagles where seen glancing over there shoulders almost all the times, looking at those beautiful faces with pointed nose. Emenike, the goal scorer had to run past all the green-white colours of the eagles fans to celebrate his goal in front of the ethiopian ladies. Words on the street is that he planned winning them over with his performance on the pitch. They kept the stadium alive, and gave the home fans viewing from their sitting room something to watch out for whenever the ball passes the sidelines for a throw-in.
10/10.
Since no Ethiopian player passed the average rating, yours sincerely has decided to make the Ethiopian ladies his official women of the match.

cheesy

I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M AT WORK THIS MORNING WITH NO VOICE!!! MY VOICE IS GONE AND MY BODY ACHES!!! IT WAS A GREAT GAME. . .WE HAD TO REMAIN IN THE STADIUM FOR LIKE AN HOUR PLUS AS THE POLICE WONT LET US OUT BECAUSE OF THE HOSTILE ETHIOPIAN FANS!!!!! I LOVE NAIJA DIE!!!! I MISS HOME

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 14, 2013
How on earth can u rate ideye above Igiebor? It was wen Igiebor came on board that our midfield became stable and we were able to get the first goal.
Btw,Ambrose was woeful,i wonder how u call his performance solid.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by javalove(m): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2013
Jarus: That was a fantastic performance from the Ethiopians. I salute them. They were just unlucky, they deserved a least a draw from that match. They had superior play, but inexperience on the part of a defender that committed unprofessional foul, and 2 moments of brilliance from Emenike, cost them the game.

I think Saladin Said and all their midfield and forward players deserve a 7.

Also, the altitude obviously told on our players. I saw a jet-heeled Musa strggling to run, an Oboabona panting as early as early 2nd half, a Moses so tired. Not a good game from Nigerians (except Emenike), but I can pardon them.

See, I know them very well as I live with them. The Ethiopians cannot do better than what they did against us. They play beautiful carpet football but it all ends there. They get tired easily and I remember at one time, their goal keeper threw the ball out of play for them to drink water. We even thought something was wrong. . . If we meet 1 million times, we will always have victory while they can have the ball possession and other stats. . .the the scoreline will always be in our favor. . .

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by bonna4u(m): 9:24am On Oct 14, 2013

Nigerian supporters club:
7/10

VIP
4/10

5/10

CAF officials
5/10

Ethipian ladies
10/10.

cheesy
kudos to you Mazi for your great analysis. I feel this your match ratings deserves being a thread of its own as it is better than the op's which was lifted from goal.com(who didn't watch the match and deemed oboabona a right back because he wore Jersey number 2).

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Sagamite(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2013
mikeyhernadez:
[size=25pt]NIGERIA[/size]

Vincent Enyeama
Game marred by a clanger which allowed Ethiopia to take a deserved lead, as he caught a speculative
cross after it had crossed the line.
Rating = 5/10

Azubuike Egwueke
Managed to produce a couple of good blocks to ensure that Enyeama wasn't severely tested. Contributed efficiently to defensive efforts.
Rating = 6/10

E. Ambrose
The Celtic defender was a solid performer in the back four, aerially superior to any of his opponents. Highlighted his strength to dispossess Said on many an occasion.
Rating = 6/10

Godfrey Oboabona
The right-back highlighted his defensive quality with a stunning clearance to deny Ethiopia a clear goal in the first half and generally enjoyed a productive afternoon.
Rating = 7/10

Uwa Elderson Echiejile
Echiejile recovered from an indifferent start to limit Ethiopia's burgeoning influence on the field with one or two impressive blocks. Shielded his goal well.
Rating = 6/10

John Obi Mikel
The Chelsea midfielder illustrated his awareness in the middle of the park with a couple of fantastic passes and dictated the flow of the Nigerian play
through the middle.
Rating = 5/10

Ogenyi Onazi
The combative midfielder put in a midfield performance full of purpose and efficiency. Linked well with Mikel to try and fashion chances at most
opportunities, but wasn't at his usual best.
Rating = 5/10

Victor Moses
The on-loan Liverpool winger disappointed greatly this afternoon. Despite showing his array of dribbling skills, he was kept in check by the Walya Antelopes throughout.
Rating = 4/10

Ahmed Musa
Like Moses, threatened to be played out of the game, but Musa came alive in the second half, interlinking with Emenike up front. Unlucky not to have scored after seeing a measured strike hit the post.
Rating = 5/10

Emmanuel Emenike
The powerful forward dragged Nigeria back into contention with a simply stunning strike which the goalkeeper had no chance to deal with. Was the focal point of play, and later coolly slotted away the penalty. A great afternoon.
Rating = 8/10

Nnamdi Oduamadi
Oduamadi was another forward player who roundly failed to inspire this afternoon. Spurned the few chances that came his way, including a woeful first half strike. Didn't offer too much in the finishing department.
Rating = 3/10

Substitution

N. Igiebor
Was thrown on in the second half in place of Oduamadi, but didn't manage to make a sustained impact.
Rating = 4/10

B. Ideye
Came on in the second half in place of Victor Moses.
Rating = 5/10

After being dominated by an African Football minnow (packed with local-based footballers) for 60 minutes and you are scoring Nigeria's performance as above average? undecided

They lacked ball control in active play and wasted ALL set pieces (at least 10) without making the Ethiopian defence work ONCE in defending the set pieces, talkless of threatening the keeper. But, to you, they played well and were above average?

Some people know nothing about football and should never be analysing it.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Soso990240(m): 10:24am On Oct 14, 2013
Paroman:
dude .....emenike plays for turkish champion fernerbache and he is yet to score a single goal this season. Y do u think a major european team will go 4 him?
in ur own opinion,why did fernarberche buy? Was he nt a goal king in same turkey last season? How many games did he start or finish for fernarberche dis season? And u are already judging him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Falcons Move Up In Latest FIFA World Ranking / Super-sub, Victor Osimhen Prove His Class As He Scores Two Wonderful Goals / Pablo Mari, Five Others Stabbed In A Milan Shopping Centre. Suspect Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.