Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,787 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah (9705 Views)

My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Symphony007: 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
An IRS aircraft from Lagos to Kaduna landed safely at the airport at about 11 am this morning in spite of developing a minor hydrolic problem on approach landing.

The Pilot, using Reverse Throttle mechanism safely landed and stopped the aircraft on the runway. The aircraft was not involved in an emergency landing.

All passengers and crew disembarked safely, after which the aircraft was towed from the runway to the apron.

Normal operations have since resumed at the airport.
Joe Obi
SA (Media) to Hon. Minister of Aviation

https://www.facebook.com/notes/princess-stella-oduah-ogiemwonyi/irs-aircraft-not-involved-in-emergency-landing/734108726605017/?refid=22

2 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by geefasee: 9:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
thank God o.
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Daguccizgreat(m): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
Dis country is gettin me scared by d day

1 Like

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by donphilopus: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
So the Press were telling Lies....
Who do we believe now?
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Tolexander: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
All passengers and crew
disembarked safely, after
which the aircraft was towed
from the runway
to the apron.
Normal operations have since
resumed at the airport.
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by frodobee: 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
Thank God. Am deeply releived. Its so sad how we love to play politics with everything that happens in our country. Imagine so many wishing a plane crashed/or even saying it crashed just to discredit some other person.

4 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by wesley80(m): 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
donphilopus: So the Press were telling Lies....
Who do we believe now?
Which of the two accounts sounds more plausible to you?
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by donphilopus: 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
wesley80: Which of the two accounts sounds more plausible to you?
we all know it's the Press na

1 Like

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
Dear Madam Minister,

I write you this short piece on an open forum as this because i know your retinue of aides wont allow it to get to you if i posted it to your office.

I want to commend you on what you have been able to achieve since assumption of office especially the re-modelling/upgrading of some airports across the country. Good job ma!

However, you seem to have missed it as it concerns air safety/confidence in Nigeria. It is on record that your tenure has witnessed 3 major avertable air disasters in Nigeria, namely the Dana air mishap, the private plane piloted by Taraba state governor and the recent Associated air mishap. Madam Minister, it seems you are losing the battle in this all critical sector in Nigeria, to solve a problem.. you need to realise that the problem exists in the 1st place, this you and your aides have not done.

I will suggest that you declare a thorough investigation/audit into ALL the airplanes in Nigeria especially as it concerns their air worthiness, maintenance and quality of personnel. Any airline that doesnt meet up to the required criteria should have its license suspended until such airline meets up.

And again, it seems as if the rot in that sector overwhelms you, i will suggest you leave right now if you cant handle the pressure that the ovation is loudest and not be disgraced out of office.

Dont forget that your last statement that the Associated Airline mishap was an "act of God" is totally reckless and irresponsible of you especially when the families of the lost ones have yet to bury their dead. A visit to this families and an apology wont be a bad idea aint it?

Lastly, i wish you well and i hope you will pick a few points from my letter and implement it. But i doubt it.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
They re trying to save face jare.

It'd be great if the federal government discard the idea of banning tokunbo cars and ban the existence and acquisition of tokunbo planes instead. My two cents.

5 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
Another lie from the pit of hell! angry

they should have told us that the pilots were also ARGUING about man u VS chelsea.

2 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by BabaEleko(m): 3:47am On Oct 14, 2013
Who dey fool who now, which one make we bliv.
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 14, 2013
The DEVILS hoping and praying for another air mishap have been terribly disappointed. No wonder they'r convulsing and saying thrash on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Brimmie(m): 8:05am On Oct 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The DEVILS hoping and praying for another air mishap have been terribly disappointed. No wonder they'r convulsing and saying thrash on this thread.

!!umuM undecided
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Pataki: 8:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The DEVILS hoping and praying for another air mishap have been terribly disappointed. No wonder they'r convulsing and saying thrash on this thread.
You are a despicable eediot. Probably if one of your demented family members had perished in the various air coffins flying around Nigeria airspace, you won't be opportuned to come online and spew utter balderdash as quoted above.

9 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Jakumo(m): 8:36am On Oct 14, 2013
Symphony007: An IRS aircraft from Lagos to Kaduna landed safely at the airport at about 11 am this morning in spite of developing a minor hydrolic problem on approach landing. The Pilot, using Reverse Throttle mechanism safely landed and stopped the aircraft on the runway. The aircraft was not involved in an emergency landing.
All passengers and crew disembarked safely, after which the aircraft was towed from the runway to the apron.
Normal operations have since resumed at the airport.
Joe Obi
SA (Media) to Hon. Minister of Aviation
4 minutes ago

https://m.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=734108726605017

I smell bullchit, and/or stark ignorance on the part of whichever dumb phuck made the above statement.

There is NO SUCH THING as a "Reverse Throttle Mechanism" in ANY aircraft on this planet.

On landing, the Reverse THRUST levers, which articulate on the upper surface of each throttle lever, are pulled aft by the pilot as the front landing gear compresses at the moment of touchdown, for the purpose of diverting some of the engine thrust FORWARDS, as a means of slowing jet aircraft down on the landing rollout, in augmentation of toe-brakes application performed by tipping forward the upper portion of the rudder pedals, or by Auto Brake pre-selection via the 4-position rotary dial located on the main instrument panel in front of the First Officer.

Thrust Reversers, which are normally retracted as the plane slows to 80 knots, have absolutely NOTHING to do with any hydraulic or electrical failure that could prevent landing gear from deploying on final approach, and as such were probably mentioned by a complete and utter ignoramus who sought to appear knowledgeable in front of the press.

A simple reference to the pilots' timely resolution of an intermittent hydraulic failure would have been sufficient, but the Too-Know, Over-Sabi mentality of that spokesperson ensured that outright lies were fabricated by a pea-brained monkey, in the hopes of baffling the public.

14 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by homesteady(m): 9:56am On Oct 14, 2013
I also did not believe the news! After all, it was aporoko blog that broke the news! undecided
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by homesteady(m): 9:56am On Oct 14, 2013
undecided .
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Alex4zee(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2013
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by jmoore(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2013
bad belle journalism.

Thank God the initial report was false.

2 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by dridowu: 9:58am On Oct 14, 2013
Thank God for safe landing but all the same something went wrong

1 Like

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Ayosky19(m): 10:00am On Oct 14, 2013
kiss
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Sermwell(m): 10:01am On Oct 14, 2013
K
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by ayusco85(m): 10:02am On Oct 14, 2013
Symphony007:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/princess-stella-oduah-ogiemwonyi/irs-aircraft-not-involved-in-emergency-landing/734108726605017/?refid=22

Tell that to the marines. All we knw is that it crashed landed because of hydraulic problem it encountered in the air, albeit the tyre refused to C.U.M out grin
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by jennyclaudio: 10:02am On Oct 14, 2013
Tnk GOD oooooo
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Ismahill(m): 10:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Iru ron borun
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by ShenTeh(m): 10:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Kai Mallam Fee-Ar-Oh, you don't eben know how to lie. On thiz porum alone, ip we are fatient enoup, fassengerz on board that plight will come and functure yuar lies. Here.

Zhe flane I crassland, zhe flane I no crassland, no froblem, we belieb you, zhe flane is already in zhe air again perrying unwitting Naijiriyans. Allah sawake.

5 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by israel007: 10:09am On Oct 14, 2013
Of course we expected u to say that. Admitting the truth may spell doom for your boss and you have to earn a living so... I'd say go on and toy with innocent lives for your selfish reasons.

1 Like

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Ninilowo(m): 10:10am On Oct 14, 2013
Make d sack dat Stellah Oduah joor.
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by wellmax(m): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2013
Yeepeee the plane did not crash land, it only land crash.

2 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2013
Una sabi
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Arysexy(m): 10:15am On Oct 14, 2013
Enemies of progress and those praying for crash so as to discredit d aviation minister have been put to shame once again.

A crashlanded plane wil obviously skid and get damaged, emergency landing is not same as crashlanding.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plateau State Government Declares Curfew In 7 Lgas Over Attack / What Is INEC Registration Situation In Your Area? / Corruption: Buhari’s Presidency Stinks - PDP Attacks Obono-obla, HOSF Over Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.