Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah (9706 Views)

My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Stella Oduah Scrambles To Cover Up Certificate Forgery Scandal / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Lilimax(f): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2013
okay
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by juman(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2013
Ismahill: Iru ron borun

Abi. grin

That aviation sector get as e be.
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 14, 2013
homesteady: I also did not believe the news! After all, it was aporoko blog that broke the news! undecided
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Kitpaul: 10:30am On Oct 14, 2013
SUSPECTED CULTISTS MURDER FINAL YEAR LASPOTECH STUDENT

A final year student of Lagos State Polytechnic, Ibrahim Oluwaseun, 26, has been killed by suspected cult members at his parents’ home in Somolu area of Lagos. The deceased, a student of Business Administration, was said to have been preparing to defend his final year project this week when he was killed on Friday night.

Our correspondent also gathered that the deceased was sitting with his mother outside their home on New Balogun street, when he was shot around 9pm.
http://www.liveschoolnews.com/suspected-cultists-murder-final-year-laspotech-student/
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by freezy(m): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2013
Jakumo:

I smell bullchit, and/or stark ignorance on the part of whichever dumb phuck made the above statement.

There is NO SUCH THING as a "Reverse Throttle Mechanism" in ANY aircraft on this planet.

On landing, the Reverse THRUST levers, which articulate on the upper surface of each throttle lever, are pulled aft by the pilot as the front landing gear compresses at the moment of touchdown, for the purpose of diverting some of the engine thrust FORWARDS, as a means of slowing jet aircraft down on the landing rollout, in augmentation of toe-brakes application performed by tipping forward the upper portion of the rudder pedals, or by Auto Brake pre-selection be means of the 4-position rotary dial located on the main instrument panel in front of the First Officer.

Thrust Reversers, which are normally retracted as the plane slows to 80 knots, have absolutely NOTHING to do with any hydraulic or electrical failure that could prevent landing gear from deploying on final approach, and as such were probably mentioned by a complete and utter ignoramus who sought to appear knowledgeable in front of the press.

A simple reference to the pilots' timely resolution of an intermittent hydraulic failure would have been sufficient, but the Too Know, Over-Sabi mentality of that spokesperson ensured that outright lies were fabricated by a pea-brained monkey, in the hopes of baffling the public.

You have said it all. There is nothing called 'Reverse Throttle Mechanism'. 'Reverse Thrust' is used by all jet engines when landing to slow the aircraft down. It has absolutely nothing to do with faulty hydraulics.

@Jakumo

I followed your advice and visited Westfield! Great experience... and pocket friendly too! Will be back there in December. Don't have the skills to do Kai Tak yet. Need more practice for it.
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by repogirl(f): 10:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Aaaabeg, wetinn come be minor hidrolic problem, this one pass my standard 6 English.

1 Like

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 14, 2013
Pataki:
You are a despicable eediot. Probably if one of your demented family members had perished in the various air coffins flying around Nigeria airspace, you won't be opportuned to come online and spew utter balderdash as quoted above.
Thanks for replying the dimwit! I felt so angry reading his silly comment. angry
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Dreamflyin(m): 10:49am On Oct 14, 2013
Jakumo:

I smell bullchit, and/or stark ignorance on the part of whichever dumb phuck made the above statement.

There is NO SUCH THING as a "Reverse Throttle Mechanism" in ANY aircraft on this planet.

On landing, the Reverse THRUST levers, which articulate on the upper surface of each throttle lever, are pulled aft by the pilot as the front landing gear compresses at the moment of touchdown, for the purpose of diverting some of the engine thrust FORWARDS, as a means of slowing jet aircraft down on the landing rollout, in augmentation of toe-brakes application performed by tipping forward the upper portion of the rudder pedals, or by Auto Brake pre-selection be means of the 4-position rotary dial located on the main instrument panel in front of the First Officer.

Thrust Reversers, which are normally retracted as the plane slows to 80 knots, have absolutely NOTHING to do with any hydraulic or electrical failure that could prevent landing gear from deploying on final approach, and as such were probably mentioned by a complete and utter ignoramus who sought to appear knowledgeable in front of the press.

A simple reference to the pilots' timely resolution of an intermittent hydraulic failure would have been sufficient, but the Too Know, Over-Sabi mentality of that spokesperson ensured that outright lies were fabricated by a pea-brained monkey, in the hopes of baffling the public.

Mr Know it all, your honorable self had 'explained' it to be public, now shut your own over sabi mouth.
Reverse thrust or no reverse thrust, the Fokker landed safely. Why show your own demented personality?
Looking for trouble where there's none.
As a pilot, i understood what he was ttrying to say to the public in his capacity as a spokesman, but rather you got a problem with that.
Go through your obscene laden post and crosscheck with spokesman own and ask yourself if there's really a difference.

6 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by nokingasgod: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2013
Jakumo:

I'd rather believe you than accepting the fables from the ''Act of God'' School!
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Ninilowo: Make d sack dat Stellah Oduah joor.
And replace her with you abi? Olodo. Even in developed countries, things happen. Whatever that is made by human is bound to develop faults. All we need do is, try as much as humanly possible to avert them and leave the rest to God. Stella Oduah cannot be aviation minister and be an aboki pilot who sees an error in a plane and continues take-off undecided

3 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Kx: 11:43am On Oct 14, 2013
Dreamflyin:

Mr Know it all, your honorable self had 'explained' it to be public, now shut your own over sabi mouth.
Reverse thrust or no reverse thrust, the Fokker landed safely. Why show your own demented personality?
Looking for trouble where there's none.
As a pilot, i understood what he was ttrying to say to the public in his capacity as a spokesman, but rather you got a problem with that.
Go through your obscene laden post and crosscheck with spokesman own and ask yourself if there's really a difference.

As a pilot u understood, but wait a minute, is the job of the of the spokesman to explain things to "pilots" understanding or to the general public's understanding?
Why did he have to "bamboozle" us with incorrect and ambigous REVERSE THROTTLE MECHANISM when the issue at stake is not exactly in the line of the spokeman's explanations?
Does the spokesman think this is one of those times when the masses dwell on Patricks Obiagbon's krinkum krakum grammar?

5 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Dreamflyin(m): 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kx:

As a pilot u understood, but wait a minute, is the job of the of the spokesman to explain things to "pilots" understanding or to the general public's understanding?
Why did he have to "bamboozle" us with incorrect and ambigous REVERSE THROTTLE MECHANISM when the issue at stake is not exactly in the line of the spokeman's explanations?
Does the spokesman think this is one of those times when the masses duel on Patricks Obiagbon's krinkum krakum grammar?

If you can't understand the Reverse thrust mechanism thingy, how about the long lecture on Turbines reverse thrust from Mr Know it all?
The spokesman summarised all an tagged it reverse throttle mechanism, but your Mr know it all wanted to show himself.

Assuming he started talking of flaps, trimming and AOA, maybe your Mr Know it all would know say he's talking in parables instead of breaking it down.

1 Like

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Jakumo(m): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2013
freezy:

You have said it all. There is nothing called 'Reverse Throttle Mechanism'. 'Reverse Thrust' is used by all jet engines when landing to slow the aircraft down. It has absolutely nothing to do with faulty hydraulics.

@Jakumo

I followed your advice and visited Westfield! Great experience... and pocket friendly too! Will be back there in December. Don't have the skills to do Kai Tak yet. Need more practice for it.

Hey Freezy it is good to hear you had a good time flying the Boeing 737 at the Westfield Mall simulator. When I tried it out, that half-hour of final approaches went by real fast and was over way too soon, but I'll visit the place when next I'm in London for sure ha ha.

The one minor gripe I had with their setup is that the flight deck seats were NOT bolted down, and could get tipped over by anyone who leans into them like I nearly did trying to get a better view out the window. I hope they fix that minor oversight, and also maybe improve the visuals with wrap around LCD screens so the external scenery is not off in the distance and framed in a black rectangle as it is now.
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Dreamflyin(m): 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
Jakumo:

Hey Freezy it is good to hear you had a good time flying the Boeing 737 at the Westfield Mall simulator. When I tried it out, that half-hour of final approaches went by real fast and was over way too soon, but I'll visit the place when next I'm in London for sure ha ha.

The one minor gripe I had with their setup is that the flight deck seats were NOT bolted down, and could get tipped over by anyone who leans into them like I nearly did trying to get a better view out the window. I hope they fix that minor oversight, and also maybe improve the visuals with wrap around LCD screens so the external scenery is not off in the distance and framed in a black rectangle as it is now.

Hehe.. I should have known better; Simulator/FSX Pilots.

1 Like

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Jakumo(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
Dreamflyin:

If you can't understand the Reverse thrust mechanism thingy, how about the long lecture on Turbines reverse thrust from Mr Know it all?
The spokesman summarised all an tagged it reverse thrust mechanism which is how airliners with jet engines land, but your Mr know it all wanted to show himself.

Meet me under Oshodi Bridge, Lagos, in one hour, Dreamflyin', and bring your boxing gloves so that we can settle this small matter like the true gentlemen we are.

Your spokesman is a dunce, if indeed you are a pilot flying Nigeria's friendly skies, so please advise him or her to allow pilots LIKE YOU to explain things about aircraft to the public. Alternatively, I will accept a job as your spokesman if the price is right, and IF I am allowed to personally boot my predecessor out the old-cargo door into long-overdue retirement.

6 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Jakumo(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Dreamflyin:

Please feel free to speculate about me, while I also speculate about you. What aircraft do you fly, and where were you trained ?
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by dbride: 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
Jakumo:

On landing, the Reverse THRUST levers, which articulate on the upper surface of each throttle lever, are pulled aft by the pilot as the front landing gear compresses at the moment of touchdown, for the purpose of diverting some of the engine thrust FORWARDS, as a means of slowing jet aircraft down on the landing rollout, in augmentation of toe-brakes application performed by tipping forward the upper portion of the rudder pedals, or by Auto Brake pre-selection via the 4-position rotary dial located on the main instrument panel in front of the First Officer.

A simple reference to the pilots' timely resolution of an intermittent hydraulic failure would have been sufficient, but the Too-Know, Over-Sabi mentality of that spokesperson ensured that outright lies were fabricated by a pea-brained monkey, in the hopes of baffling the public.
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by DrBaby(f): 12:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
Dreamflyin:

The spokesman summarised all an tagged it reverse throttle mechanism, but your Mr know it all wanted to show himself.

Assuming he started talking of flaps, trimming and AOA, maybe your Mr Know it all would know say he's talking in parables instead of breaking it down.

I am not a pilot n I know nothing about it but I think its very wrong of the SPOKESMAN to say something thats not entirely true and has no relation to the issue at hand all in a bid to appear knowledgeable n divert attention of the public. (Afterall he shld av been briefed by d pilot n odas before addressing d public)
These ppl always take d Nigerian public for a ride, u shldnt major on ppls ignorance afterall he knws dt pilots r members of the public also.
For the guy who took his time to explain to us, he deserves a thank you, even tho we myt nt understand fully, bt we knw Mr spokesman av said nothing.
If we r gonna move this country forward, we shld av zero tolerance for mediocrity or anything short of excellence.

2 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Ishilove: 12:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
Jakumo:

Meet me under Oshodi Bridge, Lagos, in one hour, Dreamflyin', and bring your boxing gloves so that we can settle this small matter like the true gentlemen we are.

Your spokesman is a dunce, if indeed you are a pilot flying Nigeria's friendly skies, so please advise him or her to allow pilots LIKE YOU to explain things about aircraft to the public. Alternatively, I will accept a job as your spokesman if the price is right, and IF I am allowed to personally boot my predecessor out the old-cargo door into long-overdue retirement.
You are a fountain of wit. I can never get tired of reading your posts cheesy cheesy
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
Jakumo:

On landing, the Reverse THRUST levers, which articulate on the upper surface of each throttle lever, are pulled aft by the pilot as the front landing gear compresses at the moment of touchdown, for the purpose of diverting some of the engine thrust FORWARDS, as a means of slowing jet aircraft down on the landing rollout, in augmentation of toe-brakes application performed by tipping forward the upper portion of the rudder pedals, or by Auto Brake pre-selection via the 4-position rotary dial located on the main instrument panel in front of the First Officer.

A simple reference to the pilots' timely resolution of an intermittent hydraulic failure would have been sufficient, but the Too-Know, Over-Sabi mentality of that spokesperson ensured that outright lies were fabricated by a pea-brained monkey, in the hopes of baffling the public.

You are the ignorant one here.
Reverse thrust is allso known as reverse throttle annd any plane can vome to a complete halt with that...
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
bishopoliver: Dear Madam Minister,

I write you this short piece on an open forum as this because i know your retinue of aides wont allow it to get to you if i posted it to your office.

I want to commend you on what you have been able to achieve since assumption of office especially the re-modelling/upgrading of some airports across the country. Good job ma!

However, you seem to have missed it as it concerns air safety/confidence in Nigeria. It is on record that your tenure has witnessed 3 major avertable air disasters in Nigeria, namely the Dana air mishap, the private plane piloted by Taraba state governor and the recent Associated air mishap. Madam Minister, it seems you are losing the battle in this all critical sector in Nigeria, to solve a problem.. you need to realise that the problem exists in the 1st place, this you and your aides have not done.

I will suggest that you declare a thorough investigation/audit into ALL the airplanes in Nigeria especially as it concerns their air worthiness, maintenance and quality of personnel. Any airline that doesnt meet up to the required criteria should have its license suspended until such airline meets up.

And again, it seems as if the rot in that sector overwhelms you, i will suggest you leave right now if you cant handle the pressure that the ovation is loudest and not be disgraced out of office.

Dont forget that your last statement that the Associated Airline mishap was an "act of God" is totally reckless and irresponsible of you especially when the families of the lost ones have yet to bury their dead. A visit to this families and an apology wont be a bad idea aint it?

Lastly, i wish you well and i hope you will pick a few points from my letter and implement it. But i doubt it.

Thank you.
Nice starting..Intelligent body but foolish conclusion
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by nkpommpko(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
Jakumo:

please told them
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by manny4life(m): 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
Dreamflyin:

What are you insinuating? Jakumo was right although I agree that the spokesman could have been correct as well with the term.

@Jakumo, I understand what he meant though by "Reverse Throttle Mechanism", I just think the way he said seem incorrect.
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Iolo(m): 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
Jakumo:

Google knows what reverse throttle mechanism is.

The brakes of many large aircraft are hydraulically driven so if some part of the hydraulic system of the aircraft failed then it all adds up.

My guess is that one or more of the hydraulic systems failed (the 747 has 4 seperate hydraulic systems for example) making the brakes on the aircraft to also fail...and the pilot had to use reverse thrust to put the plane to a stop...this is probably what happened.

3 Likes

Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by emmabest2000(m): 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
donphilopus: So the Press were telling Lies....
Who do we believe now?
I wonder oooo
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by donphilopus: 2:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
emma_best2000: I wonder oooo
that clueless minister ehn..........................
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by eaglechild: 2:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
Thanks for the verification.
Not to mind;
All these aproko and Osun defender-like charlatan-press, spreading unconfirmed reports from overzealous Jakande schooled eyewitnesses.
Mscheeeeew!
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by omonla555: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
who is fooling who
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by felifeli: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
Madam Stella. Remember all liars will go to hell
Re: IRS Plane Did Not Crash-land - Stella Oduah by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ishilove:
You are a fountain of wit. I can never get tired of reading your posts cheesy cheesy

Jakumo's reasoning, views and comedy is grand and obviously has a very high IQ.
if my sister were still avalable, i'll give him 4 free grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akinwumi Adesina Receives Michigan State University Honorary Doctorate / I Remain SDP Presidential Candidate - Donald Duke Insists / Aftermath Of Primaries: Crisis Deepens In Kogi PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.