Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Life In America - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In America (2380 Views)

How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America / Life In The Usa As A Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Life In America by ChitownBase: 12:33am On Oct 14, 2013
MOST PEOPLE LIKE ME CAME HERE BELIEVING THAT LIFE WAS SO EASY IN AMERICA NOT UNTIL WHEN I LANDED IN O HARE AIRPORT AND SAW THE SAME HUSSLE AND TUSSLE AT THE AIRPORT, I SAW PEOPLE HAWKING ON THE ROADS, I REALIZED THAT EVERYTHING IS ALL ABOUT PAYING TAXES, AND I REALIZED AS A VISA HOLDER IN AMERICA NO MATTER THE CATEGORY YOU WILL ALWAYS AT ONE POINT NEED A GC. IT IS FUNNY BECAUSE I CAN REMEMBER TELLING A FRIEND WHO IS GOING TO SCHOOL BEFORE COMING TO AMERICA TO HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR ATLEAST A SEMESTER WITHOUT WORKING; HE LAUGHED AND TOLD ME SINCE I SURVIVED HE HIS GOING TO SURVIVE, FUNNY ENOUGH AFTER 2 MONTHS HE ENDED UP BEEN HOMELESS. LIFE IS SWEET IN AMERICA ONLY IF YOU HAVE MONEY, YOUR FAMILY IS JUST YOU AND YOU ONLY. NO HELP OR WHAT SO EVER. POLICE SEE YOU ON THE STREET AND THEY FEEL YOU ARE ALWAYS GUILTY BECAUSE OF YOUR BLACK SKIN, NOT TO TALK OF HOW PEOPLE MAKE FUN OF YOUR ACCENT, BUT IS AN EXPERIENCE I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONCE IN A LIFE TIME. I'M NOT DISCORAGING ANYBODY FROM COMING TO AMERICA BUT I AM USING THIS MEDIUM TO LET THEM KNOW WHAT LIES AHEAD OF THOSE PLANNING TO MIGRATE TO THE USA.
Re: Life In America by 25omega(m): 12:43am On Oct 14, 2013
this topic has been over discussed. whats with the caps? please stop shouting at us.
Re: Life In America by Nobody: 12:57am On Oct 14, 2013
i don hear..aiit
Re: Life In America by Allohrandy(m): 1:06am On Oct 14, 2013
@poster, I guess you are based in Chiraq. lol. better be careful I heard Chicago is the murder capital of America. The murder rate is above 500 per year. while the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the States just below Detriot. A Nairalander was murder in Chicago in 2010 while he was been rop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life In America by Mamacita007(f): 1:19am On Oct 14, 2013
chi town baseeeeeeeee grin grin
Re: Life In America by justwise(m): 1:26am On Oct 14, 2013

(1)

Top 10 Affordable African Destinations To Spend Valentine’s Day / Guyana / The Miracle Fish In Nigeria River In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.