Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

How Long Does Nigeria Need To Develop? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Long Does Nigeria Need To Develop? (827 Views)

Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Gathering Outfit? / Why Does Nigeria Lack Creative Entrepreneurs / How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Long Does Nigeria Need To Develop? by Penboy: 7:18am On Oct 14, 2013
It baffles me when people say that Nigeria needs plenty of time before she can develop. Sometimes they draw a line between Nigeria and the US, saying that the US actually got to where they are with time. But i find fallacy in this statement. Why??
Ethopia existed during the first century. Are they a first world country now?
Egypt also existed during the first century. Are they also a first world country?
Same could be asked of India, Lebanon, even China maybe not until today though.
Even US that got its independence from Britain could brag about her economy in Britain's presence even in the face of other European nations that actually became independent before her.
Well my point is; we dont need twelve centuries to become even a second world country. !
Whats your opinion?

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Nigeria Need To Develop? by buffny: 7:22am On Oct 14, 2013
we need a government that will invest in the bright minds and their ideas.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does Nigeria Need To Develop? by Sladem05: 10:43pm On Jan 05
Penboy:
It baffles me when people say that Nigeria needs plenty of time before she can develop. Sometimes they draw a line between Nigeria and the US, saying that the US actually got to where they are with time. But i find fallacy in this statement. Why??
Ethopia existed during the first century. Are they a first world country now?
Egypt also existed during the first century. Are they also a first world country?
Same could be asked of India, Lebanon, even China maybe not until today though.
Even US that got its independence from Britain could brag about her economy in Britain's presence even in the face of other European nations that actually became independent before her.
Well my point is; we dont need twelve centuries to become even a second world country. !
Whats your opinion?

Nigeria is not going to develop. The country is a joke where basic amenities like constant power,running water, decent roads and adequate infrastructure is something that over 95% of its population still dream to have while nations/entities like USA,EU,UK,China, India, Russia etc are engaged in a space. They are trying to colonise extend transform humans into an inter-planetary species and push humanity further whilst Africans can’t even get the basics such as constant electricity for crying out loud or running water and adequate infrastructure/roads.
Even if you paused life in the West and allowed Nigeria to develop for a trillion years. It will get nowhere. Same can be applied to Sub-Saharan Africa as a whole.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Will GEJ Win 2015 Elections? / BREAKING: Jonathan Sets Up Three-member Panel To Probe Oduah’s N255m Car Scandal / America Has Labeled Boko Haram A Terrorist Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.