Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,560 members, 7,816,360 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Share Your Fond Eid Memories - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Share Your Fond Eid Memories (5459 Views)

Eid-El-Malud: Celebrants Block Road In Gombe State (Photos) / Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Fond Eid Memories by deols(f): 9:20am On Oct 14, 2013
Eid is a beautiful time.

To me, the best time is the one you spend with family and the best memory is the one you have of Childhood. If they are beautiful, they will be forever cherished. Parents should make it as beautiful and wonderful as possible for their children.

I have spent the last 7 eid ul adha away from home and every time, I remember what it used to be like.

Here, I'll share some of the fond memories I have...Do share yours as well.

* My First purse- I must have been six years old at the time. I did my first ramadan fast and to pay me for that, my dad who had gone for Umrah got me a purse and some other things. But I remember the purse only. It was blue in colour, decorated with oval beads..It is the most beautiful purse ever and I carried it for the next eid. I did not lose that purse- it was so valuable!! I had it for a longggg time. smiley smiley smiley

*Eid clothes- God bless my momma! smiley. Of course, we,children spend sleepless nights before the eid day checking and re checking and hoping that eid would come soon. At other times, we are shopping for the shoes or the English dress(usually worn the day after eid) a day to eid. Many people in the markets. Everyone trying out the latest. woah..it was sweeeet!

*Eid accessories- Do you remember the barka de sallah hats?? An eid was incomplete without one. And the goggles. OMG!! A child who did not have one was not having a good one..and maybe some wrist watches with lights..hmmmn..the good ol days wink

*The Eid money- My grandpa would give them in New notes and so would my dad. These would take long to finish spending. Who wants to spend their new notes especially when the numbers on them are serial? The money would buy the ice cream that we seldom see until eid day. and that is all. Ice cream became characteristic of eid. tongue

*Eid time out- I remember the trans amusement park in Ibadan. I can not tell precisely how many times and for what occasion. But some good time was spent there. UI zoo too..and Oh!! Agodi gardens( more recently)

*Eid Rams - When I was much younger, my uncles used to get the rams fighting. This is not right in Islam as we have come to know..may Allah forgive us. So the rams have names and the favourite are the shorties(kuru). They can fight!!! I also like the bigger ones with long and curly horns. A particular ram that I so much remember was very big. A neighbout had told my dad, ' Alhaji, you have bought a cow in the form of a ram'. We got overly excited around it and one of my bros got into an accident..wow!..that was hard..but it is a good story to tell, still.

*Meat sharing, cooking - I never took part in meat sharing. No one ever thought I could serve in that capacity. They never allowed me the chance to take meat to neighbours. How much I wanted to grin.

Cooking with all the fumes from firewood etc was not a thing I liked. I would keep away as much as possible. I was more interested in the cooked food and I used to be entrusted with the fried meat..oh la la!!!!! What could have been better than that!!!

I love Nija mehnnnnnnnn.... wink smiley smiley smiley

..do share your fond Eid memories smiley wink

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by ChemicalMallam(m): 9:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Eid day is one which is characteristically unique, a day when every muslim around d world rejoice and share pleasantries,...... I so much love d Eid celebration cos I don't have any order celebration dat surpass it in importance.... Its a day wen u meet family and friends, eat together, and glorify ALLAH together.... As for My childhood memories, I say Alhamdulilah

1 Like

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by ummsulaym(f): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
After primary school graduation, I went to a boarding school and hardly come home for Eid, reason being the break, too short(it was a missionary school) to enjoy it at home and even when I come home sometimes, I don't go for Eid prayer... Travelling isn't my hobby at all cuz it takes me 2days atleast to get over its stress even if it's a private car so I don't attend Eid prayer cuz i normally come back home a day to Eid and I often spend the whole Eid day sleeping or watching film... Am not a lover of meat so, after assissting in the kitchen*If i can*, I'll take what I can *mostly snacks and drinks*, den retire to bed till after Zuhr when my friends will come over and we will gist and play whatever game available till they leave...

I base in my hometown with my parents so our home is like the receiving end for our family members who will come home for the Eid... It's usually a full house and ooops!, am not a lover of noise so, most of the days till they return to their various settlements, I'm always in the room(little or no noise is heard from there)...

After my graduation in 2010, my dad called me(Eid was near) and adviced me to stop missing eid prayer and explaining why its attendance is compulsory... I understood him and promised not to miss the upcoming one but I had another excuse(since the stress of travelling was no longer valid cuz i've graduated). I told him I cant dress as 'usual' to eid prayer ground and that I don't have a native or abaya to wear. Knowing I wont buy a native wear or an abaya if he gives me the money, he bought a black and full lenght abaya(gown) for me... That was my first 'islamic' outfit and I loved it*I still wear it till date*...
Eid came, I attended it and was early cuz I went on my own... It was so interesting and I wished not to miss it again...

Admission came, I left and lived with my cousin sis offK... By Allah's Rahma, her life style infuenced me so quickly and i began my quest for 'islamic knowledge'... The more I learn, the farther i want to learn. So many things changed and alot was set right... That year'2011', Eid was in school making my 2012 Eid the most memorable Eid for me*I pray 2moro beats it in shaa Allah*

2012 Eid was at home, I woke up early that day to do cleaning, and some other stuffs, bath and get set for Eid... It was my first Eid on a full hijab and native wear... After prayer, there was a heavy down pour... My family left immmediately but I waited for Khutba, after It, i trekked with my friend under the rain down home... For the first time, i didnt isolate myself @ home, I enjoyed my Eid to its fullest... As usual, my friends came and we ate and gisted... In all, it was a fond Eid experience and I pray that 2013 Eid beats it cuz it's here in my grandmother's place...
Islam and everything about it is interesting if the knowledge of it is known...

May Allah prosper our lives to witness another Eid and make it enjoyable for us all. Ameen!!!
******Eid-Ul-adha Mubaraq to you all******

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by olorunthobby(f): 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2013
barka de sallah!!

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2013
I ate Rice and Meat...then more Rice and Meat...then just Meat,more Meat...then some more Meat...

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
Barka de Sallah.. Aku odun! Emi wa yoo se pupo odun laye..

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by captainobvious: 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
victorazy: I pains

Be careful of the junks you write on the internet...it may seem fun now, but u will regret it tomorrow. So don't write all what you think, but think all what you write!
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by reloboy(m): 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
Right Now I'm in home town with my family meeting a whole new set of great peeps in my family and i`m really impressed that this peeps are part of us........Oops

(imagine me meeting my grandfather younger brother ground daugther Triplet..
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
i enjoy eating on sallah day
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by cashkid18(m): 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
banga dah sallah to al muslim faithfuls in d world cool cool
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by pelhurmy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
I don't av any
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
none...all i can remember is my mum not allowin us eat the food brought by muslim neighbours...imagine those big meats wink nd my mum wont even let us touch it not to talk of eating
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by victorazy(m): 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
captain_obvious:

Be careful of the junks you write on the internet...it may seem fun now, but u will regret it tomorrow. So don't write all what you think, but think all what you write!

Sorry I used my housa intu grin "I dey craz"
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Sermwell(m): 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
F
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by fuckdmods(m): 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
happy sallah.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
If u want to see next eid-el-KABIR,click like

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Lilaex: 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
**In djz khalid Voice**
Seexxxxxxxxx evri EID is the Beeesssttttt!
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Henrick007: 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
Money has lots of names!!!
In a wedding we call it (Bride price)
When you owe someone (Loan )
When we pay the government (Tax)
In court (maintenance)
Government to old age people (Pension)
Boss to workers (Salary)
And when a Boyfriend gives to his Girlfriend
what do you call it?? Barka de salah 2 all
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by captainobvious: 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
Sallah cash...lol

1 Like

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by chakula: 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pweedylipsmoi: none...all i can remember is my mum not allowin us eat the food brought by muslim neighbours...imagine those big meats wink nd my mum wont even let us touch it not to talk of eating

Then what's the reason of accepting the stuffs from them? Pls advise her to desist from such practise because not every humane that is wicked as she thought.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Fynestboi: 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pweedylipsmoi: none...all i can remember is my mum not allowin us eat the food brought by muslim neighbours...imagine those big meats wink nd my mum wont even let us touch it not to talk of eating
there must be a reason why nt ask your mum the reason....
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Lovine: 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
I enjoy the fete with my Muslim neighbors who are 6, believe me all of them brought us meat some cooked some very fresh. We all enjoyed it. The sacrice is the same with Abraham and Isaac. Je souhaite bon fete a mes amis musluman
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
chakula:

Then what's the reason of accepting the stuffs from them? Pls advise her to desist from such practise because not every humane that is wicked as she thought.
excuse you? like i dont know....did u serzly av to reply my post?
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by chakula: 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
Saklekplus: If u want to see next eid-el-KABIR,click like

Very sad that Seun failed to create unlike button I choose to click it for your post.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister / Islam Enjoins Thinking Well Of Others / Jumua'h Prayers: The Conversation From Surah Jumua'h

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.