Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Share Your Fond Eid Memories - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Share Your Fond Eid Memories (5458 Views)

Eid-El-Malud: Celebrants Block Road In Gombe State (Photos) / Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Archmed(m): 2:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
wait...lemme finsh dis meat..brb
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
Fynestboi: there must be a reason why nt ask your mum the reason....
well i kind of did, i just didnt get any direct or precise answers
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by chakula: 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pweedylipsmoi:
excuse you? like i dont know....did u serzly av to reply my post?

Why shdn't I? But if it's hurt you pls take heart.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2013
If islam is a religion of peace,click like

1 Like

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by olawalebabs(m): 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
can't forget some years back, when I went sharing the Sallah meat with neighbours. There was this Old woman, who was giving me money for sallah, I rejected it the first and second time, waiting for her to offer me the third time before i collect it, Seem this woman know what is on my mind, she kindly returned the money to her igbanu (Purse) and thank me.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by 01mcfadden(m): 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
Saklekplus: If islam is a religion of peace,click like
Taaaar!
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Olasalman: 3:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
I thank almighty allah for making seen another Eid ul kabeer!i was very excited today becos this is another turning point and reaching another milestone in d life of muslim ummah!takbir....allahu akbaru.i eat pounded yam and assorted meat.... After taking care of slaught ram.i just want to thank allah for everything in my life....thank u allah
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by misterh(m): 3:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
olawalebabs: can't forget some years back, when I went sharing the Sallah meat with neighbours. There was this Old woman, who was giving me money for sallah, I rejected it the first and second time, waiting for her to offer me the third time before i collect it, Seem this woman know what is on my mind, she kindly returned the money to her igbanu (Purse) and thank me.
Lol. I can imagine you saying 'Mama, e fisile' with a coy smile planted on your face.
My childhood memories of Eid are indelible, they can't be forgotten mehn!
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Olasalman: 3:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
Thank u baba.....i will always glorified ur name!i am happy being a muslim!
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by slap1(m): 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Today, my Muslim neighbour prepared a delicious meal and knocked on my door. I gladly let her in.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by olawalebabs(m): 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
All terrorists in the world are muslims. Jihad is an act of terrorism and it is UNACCEPTABLE! Muslims should shun Islamic terrorism for the sake of world peace.

Don't derail pls.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
Lovine: I enjoy the fete with my Muslim neighbors who are 6, believe me all of them brought us meat some cooked some very fresh. We all enjoyed it. The sacrice is the same with Abraham and Isaac. Je souhaite bon fete a mes amis musluman
Lovine: I enjoy the fete with my Muslim neighbors who are 6, believe me all of them brought us meat some cooked some very fresh. We all enjoyed it. The sacrice is the same with Abraham and Isaac. Je souhaite bon fete a mes amis musluman
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by jentlsoul: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
All terrorists in the world are muslims. Jihad is an act of terrorism and it is UNACCEPTABLE! Muslims should shun Islamic terrorism for the sake of world peace.
now that you are terrorize the muslims even on their sallah day. U guys are hypocrite. U will terrorize other people and xpect them to fear u abi? Bigot!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Melancholy(m): 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
I remember way back in the 1990s where you find most children on guinea materials of different colours,though am not a muslim but i too was in celebration mood.My observation is that more adults flaunt their attires and have fun nowadays than children group.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Orikinla(m): 3:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
Using the horns of rams to lock horns on Obalende Road in Obalende on Lagos Island in my childhood.
I wish someone will have any photograph of it.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
Eid Mubarak, Taqabbalallahu minna wa minkum (May Allah accept from us and from you)
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by CrazyMan(m): 3:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pweedylipsmoi:
well i kind of did, i just didnt get any direct or precise answers
That's the problem with most Nigerian christians...this "my church is better than yours" and "my religion is better than yours believe" has made so many christians enemies of themselves.

In case you don't know, Jesus ate with tax collectors, hanged out with illiterate fishermen who later became his disciples...etc. He lived a social live on earth.

If your mum claims to be a christian, then she must start by socializing with people who she feels are inferior to her in religious terms cos that's the only way you can win them over...christ tasked us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us and not to keep away from them.

@Maclatunji and delos kindly waybill some meat come my side make I chop biko hunger de hammer me for here...

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by haulagehandlers(m): 3:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ogbakolo: Pd

Its your right to talk about your believe,and its the right of others to enjoy theirs.However you have no right to derail peoples thread.You a Christian talking about paganism in Islam? Please!!!! Xtianity is filled with millions of pagan symbols and festival so remove the log in your eyes before trying to see the speck in your neighbor's. Between am not an adherent of both religion. May the peaace of Eledumare be with us all.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by bebe2(f): 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
PLs wat exactly is d festival?

Eid mubarak, salah, or eidel fir tri?

Dnt know which to wish my Muslim friends.

Although I put eid mubarak on facebook.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by chikkodiri: 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2013
Happy celebration.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2013
CrazyMan:
That's the problem with most Nigerian christians...this "my church is better than yours" and "my religion is better than yours believe" has made so many christians enemies of themselves.

In case you don't know, Jesus ate with tax collectors, hanged out with illiterate fishermen who later became his disciples...etc. He lived a social live on earth.

If your mum claims to be a christian, then she must start by socializing with people who she feels are inferior to her in religious terms cos that's the only way you can win them over...christ tasked us to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us and not to keep away from them.

@Maclatunji and delos kindly waybill some meat come my side make I chop biko hunger de hammer me for here...
dats d problem i av wif some pipu here on NL....wen did i mention dat we dnt socialize wif muslims....4 ur info i av family members who are muslims, we even go 2 dere houses to celebrate sallah sumtimes...we dnt even eat the food brought by sum christian neighbors too during christmas or easter...so its not d religion she has a problem with maybe its the pple themselves....so stop jumping to conclusion
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by princessayesha(f): 3:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
There was a time we had to trek down to the mosque,when we reached they were already through. It felt really bad.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by MAYOWAAK: 3:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
What a day!! Animals are killed (for sport) worldwide in celebration of a guy that heard a voice in his head telling him to slaughter his son and which somehow that same voice made a ram magically appear for him to kill.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Ajibel(m): 3:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
I'm never a fan of celebration even my birthday's and sadly I can't remember if I had any fond memories when I was younger embarassed
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by misterh(m): 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
olawalebabs:

Don't derail pls.
He's better left ignored.
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by BashirAhmad1(m): 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
Alhamdulillah.

Barka da Sallah
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by deols(f): 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pweedylipsmoi: none...all i can remember is my mum not allowin us eat the food brought by muslim neighbours...imagine those big meats wink nd my mum wont even let us touch it not to talk of eating

She should not have collected the food. Food wastage is a sin
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by CrazyMan(m): 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pweedylipsmoi:
dats d problem i av wif some pipu here on NL....wen did i mention dat we dnt socialize wif muslims....4 ur info i av family members who are muslims, we even go 2 dere houses to celebrate sallah sumtimes...we dnt even eat the food brought by sum christian neighbors too during christmas or easter...so its not d religion she has a problem with maybe its the pple themselves....so stop jumping to conclusion
Ok
Re: Share Your Fond Eid Memories by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
deols:

She should not have collected the food. Food wastage is a sin

lol i know that's right! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islam Enjoins Thinking Well Of Others / Banning The Veil Is Indeed Sinister / Jumua'h Prayers: The Conversation From Surah Jumua'h

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.