Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM (7619 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/08/15 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / ****Daily Devotion- Our Daily Bread By Les Lamborn**** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 13, 2017
r
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 15, 2017
What’s Your Father’s Name

Read: John 8:39–47

Bible in a Year: Proverbs 22–24; 2 Corinthians 8

To those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
John 1:12

When I went to buy a cell phone in the Middle East, I was asked the typical questions: name, nationality, address. But then as the clerk was filling out the form, he asked, “What’s your father’s name?” That question surprised me, and I wondered why it was important. Knowing my father’s name would not be important in my culture, but here it was necessary in order to establish my identity. In some cultures, ancestry is important.

The Israelites believed in the importance of ancestry too. They were proud of their patriarch Abraham, and they thought being part of Abraham's clan made them God's children. Their human ancestry was connected, in their opinion, to their spiritual family.

Hundreds of years later when Jesus was talking with the Jews, He pointed out that this was not so. They could say Abraham was their earthly ancestor, but if they didn’t love Him—the One sent by the Father—they were not part of God’s family.

The same applies today. We don't choose our human family, but we can decide the spiritual family we belong to. If we believe in Jesus’s name, God gives us the right to become His children (John 1:12).

Who is your spiritual Father? Have you decided to follow Jesus? Let this be the day you trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins and become part of God’s family.

Dear Lord, You are my heavenly and eternal Father. Thank You for Jesus, my Savior.

God is our Eternal Father.

By Keila Ochoa

INSIGHT

The Israelites of Jesus’s day had many Old Testament heroes, but three soared above the rest. David was the great king who established the city of Jerusalem and stabilized the kingdom. Moses was the leader who was given the law of God. He was God’s instrument of deliverance and led the Israelites to the threshold of the land of promise. But their most ancient hero was Abraham—the father of the faithful and the man whose faith was counted to him as righteousness. Jesus, however, surpasses this great heritage, for through Him we become children of God Himself.

Bill Crowder

Tags: Family, God the Father ,
salvation

Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 15, 2017
uyvcxxd
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 15, 2017
Good morning to u! A beautiful day,
warm sunshine,
lovely creatures,
lively trees all made by d Great Big God,
YHWH;
Omniscient,
power broker,
Zion's hill...
He wants u to knw u're His;

√adorable,
√precious,
√redeemed,
√carefully designed,
√untamperable,
√'unreprintaple'
√untouchable
√'non-killable'
Blessed with;

√Perfectly drawn eyebrows✍ from zero contour lessons

√Lashes〰 fixed with no damaging glue

√Almond Eyes�� that capture more than the finest camera pixel

√Luscious silky skin from no costly spa� therapy

√Hands & feet�� that can feel without any control switch

√An intricately coordinated system developed without paying for architectural designs����

√Lovely voice� made from no instrument

√Freedom of expression☺���, laughter�� at no huge cost�⛓

√Thinking mind� coded by no algorithms�

√Endless strings➿ of unfathomable masterpieces...

Before u enjoy d day say Abba Father be hallowed.

If you're grateful share this wonder
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 16, 2017
hijvv
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 16, 2017
Our Daily Bread

Anger Management

Read: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+4%3A15%2C+26%E2%80%9332]Ephesians 4:15, 26–32[/url]

Bible in a Year: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+25%E2%80%9326%3B+2+Corinthians+9]Proverbs 25–26; 2 Corinthians 9[/url]

In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.
Ephesians 4:26

As I had dinner with a friend, she expressed how fed up she was with a particular family member. But she was reluctant to say anything to him about his annoying habit of ignoring or mocking her. When she did try to confront him about the problem, he responded with sarcastic remarks. She exploded in anger at him. Both parties wound up digging in their heels, and the family rift widened.

I can relate, because I handle anger the same way. I also have a hard time confronting people. If a friend or family member says something mean, I usually suppress how I feel until that person or someone else comes along and says or does something else mean. After a while, I explode.

Maybe that’s why the apostle Paul in Ephesians 4:26 said, “Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.” Providing a time limit on unresolved issues keeps anger in check. Instead of stewing over a wrong, which is a breeding ground for bitterness, we can ask God for help to “[speak] the truth in love” (Eph. 4:15).

Got a problem with someone? Rather than hold it in, hold it up to God first. He can fight the fire of anger with the power of His forgiveness and love.

Heavenly Father, please guard us from uncontrolled anger. May the words that we speak bring honor to You.

For help in managing anger, go to
discoveryseries.org/cb942

Put out the fire of anger before it blazes out of control.

By Linda Washington

INSIGHT

One reason it is sometimes hard to admit we are angry when someone offends us is that we fear what others might think of us. But acknowledging anger and providing a time limit on resolving issues is essential in keeping harmonious relationships intact. “Speaking the truth in love” (Eph. 4:15) to the one who has offended us is vital, even if it means stepping outside our comfort zone. This scriptural approach to conflict resolution helps to clear the air and restore relationships. Explaining to the offending party what was hurtful and listening to the other person’s perspective lays the groundwork for healthy relationships. When we keep love in the picture, our goal becomes restoration.

Dennis Fisher

Tags: anger , forgiveness, love ,
relationships Anger Management
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 16, 2017
There are only two rules for a successful marriage!

Almost every marriage starts out as a huge celebration. Together with their family and friends, each couple is full of hopes and dreams for their future life together. But the road to a happy marriage is far from easy. And as today’s divorce statistics demonstrate all too well, many couples opt not to complete the journey.

It would be easy to blame our high rate of marital failure on things like not spending enough quality time together, allowing bitterness and resentment to build in our hearts and failing to keep communication lines open. There’s no end to books, articles and seminars that tell you how to improve these and many other aspects of your relationship. But while quality time, forgiveness and communication are vitally important to creating a happy marriage, if such things aren’t happening, it’s usually a sign of a much deeper problem. And until this problem is addressed, no amount of external behavior modification will work.

To get a hint of what this deeper issue might be, let’s take a look at the following Scripture passage:
One of them, an expert in the law, tested him [Jesus] with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: ¹'‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ²'‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” (Matthew 22:35-40)

I believe that virtually every marital problem can be traced back to one or both partners failing to abide by these two laws. The same is true of any relationship. The minute we begin to focus on our own wants and needs over those of God or our partner; we’re destined for trouble.

Experiencing communication problems in your marriage? How often do you really focus on listening to what your partner (or God) has to say instead of insisting on more airtime? Feeling bitterness and resentment growing toward your partner? When was the last time you brought him or her before the Lord in prayer and truly thanked God for your relationship? Struggling to find quality time together? How about praying with your partner and asking God how he would like you to use your time?
As you begin to do these things, you’ll notice that your focus automatically starts to shift away from you and your desires and over to God and your partner. As a result, communication problems begin to improve, anger and resentment fade away and you naturally want to spend more time together.

Of course, you can’t expect such changes to happen overnight. Your relationship is also bound to face financial pressures, childrearing issues and other problems that are beyond your control. But if you commit your relationship to God and make a conscious decision each day to put God and your partner first, your marriage will be able to weather any storm. Not only that; you’ll also have plenty of fun together along the way!

by Kevin Miller
………………………………………........................................................
Have you struggled to find happiness in your marriage? Perhaps it’s time you and your spouse invited God to direct your relationship. If you would like to do so, we encourage you to pray the following:

“Dear God, thank you so much for bringing us together as a couple. We know that you have a plan and a purpose for our marriage, and we invite you, Lord Jesus, to forgive the past self-centeredness, and come into our lives and relationship. Direct our steps from now on. Please give us the grace to put You and each other first every day. Make our relationship a blessing to others. But most of all; make it a blessing to You. Amen.”
We would love to hear from you. Whether you prayed this prayer or not we would gladly send you some great links with resources to help your marriage become stronger.

If you prayed this prayer we would love to hear from you . If you would like to know God deeper we can connect you with an email mentor and/or send you some great links.
Enjoy your marriage, email today
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 16, 2017
Hi! Have no fear; Job insecurity, chaos, hunger, loneliness, hatred... [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+3%3A16&version=NIV]God's Love[/url] covers all. Be Happy grin
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 16, 2017
Enjoy the day in God's Love

[url=odb.org]Our dail bread [/url]
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
iuguj
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 20, 2017
Good morning Jesus!
All glory to God Almighty, the Creator and Controller of all thing
antispam not be warned; D
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 5:31am On Sep 20, 2017
odb.org

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Read: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+4%3A9%E2%80%9312]Ecclesiastes 4:9–12[/url]

Bible in a Year: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+4%E2%80%936%3B+2+Corinthians+12+]Ecclesiastes 4–6; 2 Corinthians 12[/url]

Two are better than one . . . . If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. Ecclesiastes 4:9–10

In the 2016 Rio Olympics, two athletes in the 5,000-meter race caught the world’s attention. About 3,200 meters into the race, New Zealander Nikki Hamblin and American Abbey D’Agostino collided and fell. Abbey was quickly up on her feet, but stopped to help Nikki. Moments after the two athletes had started running again, Abbey began faltering, her right leg injured as a result of the fall. It was now Nikki’s turn to stop and encourage her fellow athlete to finish the race. When Abbey eventually stumbled across the finish line, Nikki was waiting to embrace her. What a beautiful picture of mutual encouragement!

It reminds me of a passage in the Bible: “Two are better than one . . . . If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up” (Eccl. 4:9–10). As runners in a spiritual race, we need one another—perhaps even more so, for we are not racing in competition with each other but as members of the same team. There’ll be moments where we falter and need someone to pick us up; at other times, someone may need our encouragement through our prayers or presence.

The spiritual race is not to be run alone. Is God leading you to be a Nikki or Abbey in someone’s life? Respond to His prompting today, and let’s finish the race!
Dear Lord, thank You for the encouragement of fellow believers to help me on my journey. Help me to look for ways to encourage others.

We need each other to get where God wants us to go.
By Poh Fang Chia

INSIGHT

Ecclesiastes is a very unusual book. For much of this inspired text, life is examined without God in the picture (1:2). Although the book concludes with moral admonitions (see 12:1–cool, the majority of the book has almost a secular feel to it. Yet because King Solomon the Wise is its author, remarkable principles of life surface. Today’s reading blesses the reader with insights on the benefits of meaningful relationships. The journey of life is not to be walked alone but benefits from mutual support of another.
Can you recall a time when God used someone to help you carry your load?

Dennis Fisher

Tags: encouragement, love for others
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 20, 2017
ghiudf
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 21, 2017
oiyhvcxz
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 21, 2017
Our daily bread 21/09/17

The Daily Prayer

Read: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+6%3A18%E2%80%9319]Ephesians 6:18–19[/url]

Bible in a Year: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+7%E2%80%939%3B+2+Corinthians+13+]Ecclesiastes 7–9; 2 Corinthians 13[/url]

Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
Ephesians 6:18

Singer/songwriter Robert Hamlet wrote “Lady Who Prays for Me” as a tribute to his mother who made a point of praying for her boys each morning before they went to the bus stop. After a young mom heard Hamlet sing his song, she committed to praying with her own little boy. The result was heartwarming! Just before her son went out the door, his mother prayed for him. Five minutes later he returned—bringing kids from the bus stop with him! His mom was taken aback and asked what was going on. The boy responded, “Their moms didn’t pray with them.”

In the book of Ephesians, Paul urges us to pray “on all occasions with all kinds of prayers” (6:18). Demonstrating our daily dependence on God is essential in a family since many children first learn to trust God as they observe genuine faith in the people closest to them (2 Tim. 1:5). There is no better way to teach the utmost importance of prayer than by praying for and with our children. It is one of the ways they begin to sense a compelling need to reach out personally to God in faith.

When we “start children off” by modeling a “sincere faith” in God (Prov. 22:6; 2 Tim. 1:5), we give them a special gift, an assurance that God is an ever-present part of our lives—continually loving, guiding, and protecting us.

Prayer: LORD ALMIGHTY
Help me to depend more fully on You in every moment of the day and to rest in the assurance that You are always with me.

Daily prayers lessen daily worries.

By Cindy Hess Kasper

INSIGHT

Ask God to help you model faith and prayer this week to the younger generation—children or grandchildren, youth in your church, or children in your neighborhood.
For more on prayer, visit

ourdailybread.org/topics/prayer/
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
ljregh
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 22, 2017
Our Daily Bread 22/09/17

Sweet & Sour

Read: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+2%3A1%E2%80%9310]Job 2:1–10[/url]

Bible in a Year: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+10%E2%80%9312%3B+Galatians+1]Ecclesiastes 10–12; Galatians 1[/url]

Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?
Job 2:10

When our toddler first bit into a lemon wedge, he wrinkled his nose, stuck out his tongue, and squeezed his eyes shut. “Sow-wah,” he said ( sour ).
I chuckled as I reached for the piece of fruit, intending to toss it into the trash.
“No!” Xavier scampered across the kitchen to get away from me. “Moe-wah!” ( more). His lips puckered with every juice-squirting bite. I winced when he finally handed me the rind and walked away.
My taste buds accurately reflect my partiality to the sweet moments in life. My preference for avoiding all things bitter reminds me of Job’s wife, who seems to have shared my aversion to the sourness of suffering.
Job surely didn’t delight in hardship or trouble, yet he honored God through heart-wrenching circumstances (Job 1:1–22). When painful sores afflicted Job’s body, he endured the agony (2:7–cool. His wife told him to give up on God (v. 9), but Job responded by trusting the Lord through suffering and afflictions (v. 10).

It’s natural to prefer avoiding the bitter bites in life. We can even be tempted to lash out at God when we’re hurting. But the Lord uses trials, teaching us how to trust Him, depend on Him, and surrender to Him as He enables us to persevere through difficult times. And like Job, we don’t have to enjoy suffering to learn to savor the unexpected sweetness of sour moments—the divine strengthening of our faith.

Thank You for assuring us that suffering is never wasted when we place our confidence in who You are, what You’ve done, and what You’re capable of doing.

God uses suffering to strengthen our faith.

By Xochitl Dixon

INSIGHT

In the ancient story of Job, we see a devout follower of God whose life has been laid bare by financial, family, and physical suffering. The book of Job asks the perennial question, “Why do the righteous suffer ?” Job’s ordeals test his devotion to his Redeemer and Provider. Clearly the book shows how God uses suffering to strengthen believers’ faith and refine their character. Job declares, “But [God] knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold” (Job 23:10).
Has God used a trial in your life to refine your character and strengthen your faith?

Dennis Fisher

Tags: faith, suffering, trials , trust in God
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2017
I pray for you today,

THE HAND OF LIMITATION CAN NEVER HOLD YOU DOWN. YOU ARE A CHILD OF FAVOUR. REJOICE AND BE GLAD, SHARE GOD'S AWESOME LOVE. TODAY YOU MUST SUCCEED IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, AMEN!
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 23, 2017
loffse
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 23, 2017
Our Dail Bread

What Simon Said

Read: Luke 5:1–11

Bible in a Year: Song of Solomon 1–3; Galatians 2

Simon answered, . . . “But because you say so, I will let down the nets." Luke 5:5

A man named Refuge Rabindranath has been a youth worker in Sri Lanka for more than ten years. He often interacts with the youth late into the night—playing with them, listening to them, counseling and teaching them. He enjoys working with the young people, but it can be disheartening when promising students sometimes walk away from the faith. Some days he feels a bit like Simon Peter in Luke 5.

Simon had been working hard all night but caught no fish (v. 5). He felt discouraged and tired. Yet when Jesus told him to “put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch” (v. 4), Simon replied, “Because you say so, I will let down the nets” (v. 5).
Simon’s obedience is remarkable. As a seasoned fisherman, he knew that fish move to the bottom of the lake when the sun is up, and the dragnets they used could not go deep enough to catch those fish.

His willingness to trust Jesus was rewarded. Not only did Simon catch a large number of fish, he gained a deeper understanding of who Jesus is. He moved from calling Jesus “Master” (v. 5) to calling Him “Lord” (v. cool. Indeed, “listening” often allows us to see the works of God firsthand and draw closer to Him.

Perhaps God is calling you to “let down your nets again.” May we reply to the Lord as Simon did: “Because You say so, I will.”

Father, it is our great privilege to call You “Lord.” Help us to obey and trust You, and to learn more of what it means to walk closely with You.

Our obedience to God will guide us through the unknown and draw us closer to Him.

By Poh Fang Chia

INSIGHT

Can you relate to Peter when his first impulse was to question Jesus’s knowledge of fishing? (Luke 5:5). Peter may have wondered, Jesus is a remarkable rabbi, but can He show someone who knows the waters of Galilee how to fish them? What followed became a reason for Peter and friends to follow Jesus. By obeying the Teacher’s words, a bad night of fishing turned into one of the biggest catches of their lives.
Can you recall a time when trusting God with the impossible resulted in something amazing?
Mart DeHaan
Our Daily Bread Topics:
Obedience
Tags: faith, obedience, trust What Simon Said
September 23, 2017 
Download Fil
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 24, 2017
opyds
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 3:21am On Sep 24, 2017
Our Daily Bread

Living in Tents

Read: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+12%3A4%E2%80%939]Genesis 12:4–9[/url]

Bible in a Year: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Song+of+Solomon+4%E2%80%935%3B+Galatians+3]Song of Solomon 4–5; Galatians 3[/url]

From there he went on towards the hills east of Bethel and pitched his tent.
Genesis 12:8

Growing up in Minnesota, a place known for its many beautiful lakes, I loved to go camping to enjoy the wonders of God’s creation. But sleeping in a flimsy tent wasn’t my favorite part of the experience—especially when a rainy night and a leaky tent resulted in a soggy sleeping bag.
I marvel to think that one of the heroes of our faith spent a
hundred years in tents. When he was seventy-five years old, Abraham heard God’s call to leave his country so the Lord could make him into a new nation (Gen. 12:1–2). Abraham obeyed, trusting that God would follow through on His promise. And for the rest of his life, until he died at 175 (25:7), he lived away from his home country in tents.

We may not have the same call as Abraham did to live nomadically, but even as we love and serve this world and the people in it, we may long for a deeper experience of home, of being rooted here on earth. Like Abraham, when the wind whips our flimsy covering or the rain soaks through, we can look with faith for the city to come, whose “architect and builder is God” (Heb. 11:10). And like Abraham, we can find hope that God is working to renew His creation, preparing a “better country—a heavenly one” to come (v. 16).

Lord God, You are our shelter and our foundation. May we trust You in the big things and small.

What are you trusting God for today? Share it with others on

[url]Facebook.com/ourdailybread[/url] "Behold nothing is hard/impossible for me to accomplish." -----God

God gives us a solid foundation for our lives.
By Amy Boucher Pye

INSIGHT

Abraham is included in the list in Hebrews 11 of those who were “commended for their faith,” but did not receive “what had been promised” (v. 39). This chapter is a reminder that the only way to live and to please God is by faith (v. 6). Those living by faith were those who chose to live as “foreigners and strangers on earth”—people who had refused to return to the life they had left behind and who “[longed] for a better country—a heavenly one” (vv. 13–16).
Because of what Jesus did on the cross, we “are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household” (Eph. 2:19).
Ponder the way Jesus changed our status from foreigners and strangers to citizens of heaven and God’s children.

For additional study listen to “The Daily Life of Faith” at
discovertheword.org/series/the-daily-life-of-faith/ .

Sim Kay Tee

Tags: God's promises, trust in God
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 25, 2017
momnczd
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 25, 2017
Our Daily Bread

Read: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+20%3A17%E2%80%9320%2C+35%E2%80%9338]Acts 20:17–20, 35–38[/url]

Bible in a Year: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Song+of+Solomon+6%E2%80%938%3B+Galatians+4]Song of Solomon 6–8; Galatians 4[/url]

Apart But Not Abandoned

Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up.
Acts 20:32

I had a lump in my throat as I said good-bye to my niece on the eve of her move to Massachusetts to attend graduate school at Boston University. Though she had been away four years as an undergraduate, she hadn’t left our state. A two and a one-half-hour drive easily reunited us. Now she would be more than 800 miles away. No longer would we meet regularly to talk. I had to trust that God would take care of her.

Paul likely felt the same way as he said good-bye to the elders of the church in Ephesus. Having established the church and taught them for three years, Paul concluded these elders to be as close as family to him. Now that Paul was headed to Jerusalem, he would not see them again.
But Paul had parting advice for the Ephesians. Though they would no longer have Paul as their teacher, the Ephesians did not have to feel abandoned. God would continue to train them through “the word of his grace” (Acts 20:32) to lead the church.

Unlike Paul, God would always be with them.
Whether it’s children we launch from the nest or other family and friends who move away—saying good-bye can be very difficult. They move beyond our influence and into their new lives. When we let go of their hands, we can trust that God has them in His. He can continue to shape their lives and meet their real needs—more than we ever could.

Lord, help us to trust that Your watchful care extends over those we hold dear who are far away from us.

Though we’re far away from those we love, they are never far from God.

By Linda Washington

INSIGHT

In today’s reading we see Paul’s painful good-bye to the church at Ephesus. It was Paul’s deep conviction that his departure would eventually lead to his martyrdom, not his return (v. 25). But other Bible texts add the encouragement that even death cannot cut the spiritual tie that binds us to other believers (John 14:1–5; Rom. 8:31–39). In this life on Earth, saying good-bye to those we love is difficult. But for followers of Christ, we can trust that God has us in His care and even death will not keep us apart.
How does knowing God cares for your loved ones comfort you?

For further study on the book of Acts check out this free course at
[url]christianuniversity.org/apostles[/url]

Dennis Fisher
Our Daily Bread Topics:
Gods Care
Relationships
Tags: love for others, relationships ,
trust in God
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Got Question: "Why should I believe in Christ’s resurrection?"

The First Line of Evidence for Christ's resurrection

To begin with, we have demonstrably sincere eyewitness testimony.

The Second Line of Evidence for Christ's resurrection

A second line of evidence concerns the conversion of certain key skeptics, most notably Paul and James.

The Third and Fourth Lines of Evidence for Christ's resurrection

A third line and fourth line of evidence concern enemy attestation to the empty tomb and the fact that faith in the resurrection took root in Jerusalem.

the Christian martyrs would have known the resurrection was a hoax. They would not therefore have been so willing to suffer and die for it.

The Fifth Line of Evidence for Christ's resurrection

Finally, a fifth line of evidence concerns a peculiarity of the eyewitness testimony. In all of the major resurrection narratives, women are credited as the first and primary eyewitnesses something UNACCEPTABLE in Jewish culture.

JESUS LIVES, REIGNS & WILL RETURN

Accept Jesus as your LORD & Saviour
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 26, 2017
huwsty
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 26, 2017
Our Daily Bread

Read: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Kings+4%3A1%E2%80%937]2 Kings 4:1–7[/url]

Bible in a Year: [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+1%E2%80%932%3B+Galatians+5]Isaiah 1–2; Galatians 5[/url]

FROM EMPTY TO FULL!

When all the jars were full . . . the oil stopped flowing.
2 Kings 4:6

A popular children’s book tells the story of a poor, country boy who took off his cap to honor the king. An identical hat appeared instantly in its place on his head, inciting the king’s anger for what appeared to be disrespect. Bartholomew removed hat after hat while being escorted to the palace for punishment. Each time, a new one appeared in its place. The hats grew increasingly fancy, bearing precious jewels and feather plumes. The 500th hat was the envy of King Derwin, who pardoned Bartholomew and purchased the hat for 500 pieces of gold. At last, Bartholomew’s head was bare; he walked home with freedom and money to support his family.

A widow came to Elisha in financial distress, fearing her children would be sold into slavery to pay her debts (2 Kings 4). She had no assets other than a jar of oil. God multiplied that oil to fill enough borrowed jars to settle the debts plus care for their daily needs (v. 7).
God provided financially for the widow in much the same way He provides salvation for me. I am bankrupted by sin, but Jesus paid my debt—and offers me eternal life as well! Without Jesus, we are each like the poor, country boy with no means to pay our King for our offenses against Him. God miraculously supplies the extravagant ransom for us, and ensures that those who trust in Him will have life abundant forever.

Thank You, Lord, for paying my debt through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I had nothing; You paid it all for me.

Jesus’s sacrifice pays for our spiritual debt.

By Kirsten Holmberg

INSIGHT

In today’s account of the never-ending oil, the woman and her sons follow the prophet’s instructions without question. They were in need and knew God could
provide. Many of us may wish we had that kind of faith—faith that doesn’t doubt or question.
Some background to their inspiring faith helps put this story in context. Verse 1 tells us that the widow’s husband had been a member of “the company of the prophets”—a group of men who had remained faithful to the true God in a time of paganism. They had also seen God do miraculous things through Elisha, so they knew nothing was impossible. Their faith was the logical conclusion of their experience and gave them the confidence to obey.
God often provides in ways we don’t expect. Is there a situation you need to trust God for today?

J.R. Hudberg

Tags: blessings , God's care , salvation

Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 26, 2017
Believing and conforming to the principles of God through Jesus gives you surety/assurance of eternal life. ²The best form of religion is that geared towards helping/upholding the FAMILY not animals/inanimate things
Re: 10 TACTICS OF THE ADVERSARY & POWER TOOLS FOR CHRISTIANS TO OVERCOME THEM by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 27, 2017
oityu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? / Largest Bed In World History- King Og Of Bashan Bed / Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.