Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,285 members, 7,829,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Choosing The Right CMS To Work With - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Choosing The Right CMS To Work With (429 Views)

Which CMS To Use? / How To Start A Blog: Choosing The Right Topic/niche. / I Need A Cms To Build A School Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Choosing The Right CMS To Work With by we3rdbolt: 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
It's quite a difficult question to answer. Apple and orange are both fruits
Its difficult to quantify the features of one and the other. Drupal wordpress and joomla are the most
Popular CMS in town, choosing the right one largely depends on the project
And the flexibility of each. There is no perfect CMS though but
U tends to tweak them to fit into your needs.
Here are some questions I ask myself whenever I wanna embark
On a particular project.
What type of project are u doing?
Ranging from mini website to huge one. Each one had been
Configured to handle your project. It marvel me when developers
Tends to tweak wordpress to suite a particular site just because their clients likes it or it's simple to understand for non coders.
One of the rules of a business is customer first, u will have to satisfy them but the issue is the permission settings of
Other CMS and flexibility.....read on.
Wordpress for a blogging website while joomla and drupal are meant for huge website like job listing and community site.
<h2>the tech support of the CMS</h2>
The are the popular CMS in town their communities are ever growing with support ranging from #irc twitter and some forum.
<h2>your web design skill level </h2>
Its inna be an added advantage if you know yor html css and php. Thias will give u an edge
And make u to move faster. It really helped me.
<h2>user roles and permission </h2>
I will like wordpress to stay out of this. Managing and restricting certain
User is the core functiony of drupal and joomla. Ability to restrict a user to a particular
Section of your site.e.g an editor will only be allowed to edit post and won't be able to create a content.
BOTTPN LINE
I had worked with sundry of CMS ranging from wordpress ,joomla, drupal,textpattern ,expression engine
Cmsmadesimple. They are all wonderfull apps to use. But remember that no perfect CMS exist unless you have a costume one.
I still prefer drupal to others don't ask why but if u insist I will tell in my subsequent post.
Comment and lemme know your view and also share your favorite CMS.

(1) (Reply)

Promo On Website Designing / Absolutely Free Webhosting Site-you've Got To Check This Out! / Developing Mobile Cross Platform Application Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.