Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! (3541 Views)

‘500 Ex-biafran Soldiers Died In Penury’ The Guardian / Nigeria Police - We Live Like Rats In The Barracks {picture} / Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by jamace(m): 11:21am On Oct 15, 2013
Oladiran: but wait o! is it possible for a NCO(sergeant) to stand before a junior CO(lieutenant) and rain abuse on senior COs(generals)? just wondering

Wonder no more, sis. When mere mortals are pushed to the wall, nothing else matters. Even soldiers are fed up with the goings on in the country.
Maybe, they will go strike one day like ASUU.
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by ckkris: 11:32am On Oct 15, 2013
xule20:

rumour ve it in da barracks dis boko boys are beta and far equiped dan da military......

My friend just shut up. Those heavy guns you see with Boko Harem are just for parade, to impress women. Heavy guns are too heavy to handle in combat. Combat weapons are A Ks, Uzi, or M16. Nigerian Army knows how to handle internal sabotage, and they are doing it. If worse comes to worst, Nigeria divides so the sponsors of Boko Harem can form their glorious Islamic Republic. But to hand over the leadership of the Armed Forces to the Hausa/fulani, as their birth right to rule, . . . .
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by ckkris: 11:35am On Oct 15, 2013
jamace:

Wonder no more, sis. When mere mortals are pushed to the wall, nothing else matters. Even soldiers are fed up with the goings on in the country.
Maybe, they will go strike one day like ASUU.
Please just visit the Army training depot in Zaria, just visit only, . . . .
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 15, 2013
Messi j: But how do some nigerians think? Ist a lie that several soldiers died on dat day of ambush or is it even D only ambush against Boko Haram by D army that have occurred. Instead 4 u ppl to indict D govt, COAS and top military personels of wickedness, by delibrately wasting nigeria citizens lives becus of money gotten frm security budget, u are here thinking frm twisted brians. It obvious, that Corruption and leak of information, poor air force facilities and others are D cost of this carnage. They should use D Hausas to fight D boko harams. In D fight against Mali insurgents which is bigger than Boko haram, how many personnel were lost by france or even other countries army? U ppl that are saying its fiction, and he is a Boko haram sympathiser u guys should go and take their position and see 4 urselfs.
Bros we all know of ambushes in Borno, we all read d account of nairaland soldier-man(13volts)! But for a NCO to be talking like dis in d open to the hearing of people against the generals infront of a lieutenant is a sign of an impending coup! Are we saying here that mutiny is brewing in NA?
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by buoye1(m): 11:53am On Oct 15, 2013
Hmmmm.....speechless
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by jamace(m): 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
ckkris: Please just visit the Army training depot in Zaria, just visit only, . . . .
Wetin dey happen there?
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by cyunited(f): 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2014
No political will on thé part of thé président/politcians
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by searider(m): 11:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
MilesLamar: Today, I was in the Armed
Forces Reference Hospital (44)
at Kaduna to see a patient. I was outside the ward resting under a mango tree while my patient was receiving treatment; I later eares dropped into a conversation between a wounded soldier and a lieutenant under the tree.

From their conversation I got to understand the soldier was a victim of an ill-fated operation conducted by a poorly trained top Army officers whom misled
over 100 Nigerian soldiers, which 40 of them were led to
their untimely death from the
bullets of the Boko-Haram
warriors of Allah. The soldier
lamented over the operation, he narrowly escaped death by the whisker. He’d sustain bullet wounds on his right leg, now limping with crutches seeking medical attention in the hospital.

He told his comrade that when
they were ambushed, a sergeant was at his left side, while a lance-corporal was at his right hand side; when these uncivilized barbarians opened fire, we were all confused, because we never expected it at that time. An informant must have leaked our mission to them. Second, our commanders failed us. They failed to get a clear signal from the Nigerian Air-
force whom were to bombed
these militant camps before we
advanced. He just ordered us to move. We were like men walking into the mouth of a lions. Oga, they Killed our solders like rats, we managed to exchange fire, we were able to gunned-down
about 150 of these warriors of
Allah. The Rapid Grunet
Propeller (RGP) the sergeant was to use failed him, before he could switched to his A.K 47, the enemies bullets had already hits him. I managed to crawl when I was hit by their bullet, and I escaped.

Our superiors made mistakes,
Oga. Instead of them to order the dead soldiers to be
evacuated to university of
Maiduguri teaching hospital,
they brought 10 of our dead soldiers to the camp. When some of our soldiers saw them being laid down from the Van they corked their rifles in annoyance and started shooting sporadically into the air, they went to then commanding officer (C.O) tent, thinking he was inside and spread it with bullets. All the officers ran away for safety. Some of these
soldiers went to Mogunon barrack submitted their rifles,
wrote resignation letters and
disappeared. Lets the worse
happen! Oga, you dey see me,
after this treatment, I dey give Nigerian Army back their uniform o! Delta state no share
boundary with Bornu state o!
Take it easy, said the young
lieutenant. You don’t need to do that, he added. Oga, said the soldier, news done spread go meet ma family say I don die for that yeye operation wey officers dey just dash peeps know no anything for the army work..
see now, people’s fathers,
brothers, uncle done just waste their lives for nothing, while thos yeye generals dey share billions for Abuja. wetin my I eyes see, I no fit talk am o! Now, my RSM dey call me say mak I report base for Maiduguri, God go Punish am, na the last time him go see me don pass…

Four days after the failed
operation, some Fulani men came to our camps to inform us they some of our dead soldiers bodies in bushes decomposing with
maggots. Oga, which kind work be dis? The soldier told the officer.

The young officer was just nodding his head in disappointment and said, toh,
Nigerian Army don spoil. The
officer said if only the
politicians can hands-off, just a week is enough to flush these Boko-Haram elements in those states. He also lamented when he was there (Bornu State) last year, on several occasion, they had sighted these enemies in their camps, but their Ogas will tell them to ignore them. The politicians are killing this
country, said the officer. Only
time will tell.

I felt the pulse of this young soldier, I felt pity for him and families of our fallen heroes. I quickly recalled three of my friends who had joined the Army as commissioned officers (SSC) and a soldier cousin of mine, all were deployed to Yobe and Bornu states for similar assignments, I had not heard from them for months, are they alive? Are they involved in the ill-fated operation? Only time will tell!

Bayei Zachiam..
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by searider(m): 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
How I wish this old men called politician will allow peace to reign in this once peaceful country.

Shedding innocent blood because 2015. I weep for my brothers-in -arm.
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by eejo(m): 12:07am On Aug 13, 2014
boko haram will end in one day if politics is removed from this war 90percent of army personel deaths due to ambush
Re: How Nigeria Soldiers Died Like Rats!!! by Dibiachukwu: 1:16am On Aug 13, 2014
lygn19: Is it today u knew that Nigeria soldiers die like rats,,,the only time they flex muscles is when a western power is behind dem,,, they showed power when fighting biafran war because western powers like d UK,Russia,Egypt wz behind dem,,, they wanted to fight for Bakassi but d moment they looked behind and noticed that no western power was behind dem they gave out Bakassi to ordinary cameroun without a gun shut...lol
Be careful, someone would soon tell you a story about odekunle the brown scorpion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don Jazzy/marvins Performing At The APC Rally For Buhari In Lagos. DOROBUCCI. / How To Receive Your 5000 Naira Monthly Stipend Promised By APC In Nigeria / Ifeanyi Uba Of Capital Oil Has Offered To Be Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.