Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,964 members, 7,956,616 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:21 PM

Slaughter Houses For Muslims In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaughter Houses For Muslims In Nigeria (587 Views)

Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? / Chris Oyakhilome's Lawyer Threatens To Sue Media Houses / Are There Any Former Muslims In Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Slaughter Houses For Muslims In Nigeria by geeez: 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
Although I am a Christian and I was raised one and will probably die one, there are some things I admire about Islam

The religion's attitude to life and death is particularly awesome. I've often wondered why a corpse will be kept for weeks and sometimes months following a person's demise. Islam also teaches humility and although Christianity does too, it is very evident in the practice of Islam where everyone in a mosque sits on the floor, share and exhibit love among themselves.

Regarding the slaughter of animals especially at a time as this, I have no objections but a true muslim will not even buy diary products such as beef, mutton etc over the counter since you cant tell whether or not the animal was already dead before it was cut for sale.

I think, like in the UK, we should have our halal/haram slaughterhouses. Now these slaughterhouse, in the Nigerian context can have their own supply of animals, permitted for consumption in Islam and will engage in the killing of animals for consumption, including at salah periods such as this. Some big mosques can have their own slaughterhouses too. This does not in any way stop the sale and purchase of live animals such as sheep and cattle.

I'm usually perturbed when I see people put knives to the necks of animals in their homes (and this goes out to all religions). I think there should be abattoirs for those that desire fresh diary (point and kill grin)which invariably might be more expensive than buying already butchered animals over the counter

Just my thoughts but its open for discussion

2 Likes

Re: Slaughter Houses For Muslims In Nigeria by papagiddy(m): 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
like dat!
What i dont like is when muslim chant incarnation on the neck of animal be4 slaughtering it. as a christian i dont have to eat that. Including this ileya ram of celebrating idol
Re: Slaughter Houses For Muslims In Nigeria by kambo(m): 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
Humility that is not of the heart isnt humility.
Just like muslims clothe their women strictly- purdah but promiscuity is still rife.
Love 4 each other?
The dogmatism in islam is the world's migraine.
Even irreligious/agnostic/atheistic countries rue islam.
In every place where there is islamic stronghold,there attendant bondage: denial of human rights, rule by threat and fear etc.
Islam is intolerant . Think boko haram . If its not their way they cant accept it.
The virtures,seemingly, of islam is 4 enticement, wen u get deeper into it,it a stinking quargmire.

(1) (Reply)

The Bible's Teaching Against Abortion / Did You Remember Any Christmas You Did Not Wear New Cloth? / Life's Storm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.