Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Is It Advisable To Collect Transcript Before Needed? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Advisable To Collect Transcript Before Needed? (1095 Views)

Is It Advisable For A B.sc Holder To Work As A LASTMA Official? / Is It Advisable To "INSULT" Your Wicked Boss When Quitting? / How Advisable Is Hopping From One Job To Another? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Collect Transcript Before Needed? by SenatorJames(m): 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
Due to the recurrent strike action by the various body of our Nigeria universities (ASUU NASU SSANU etc), is it advisable to apply for transcipt and keep it til when it will be needed/demanded to further in study.

I came across a particular scholarship programme that I would have love to apply for, but it was stated on the website that the submission of application form with transcript will close on 30th Nov. 2013. Even if ASUU and NASU are on, it can't take less than a month before the transcipt will be ready.

Should I go on to apply when the school resume after the strike.

Considering the facts that:
1.The name of the institution/company requesting for it must appear on the application letter and will also appear on the sealed envelop
2. Will any institution accept it later if its not addressed to them? Even if it has not been opened
3. If yes, which address should i use to apply.

Useful comments are welcome

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Collect Transcript Before Needed? by theSpark(m): 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
Am still an undergraduate and i have little knowledge on this issue, but i think its good to request and keep the transcripts so that would not lose out again.

I think if you have the transcripts with you even if its not issued specifically to the organization requesting for it, its better than nothng. In this case, you can write and undertaking: tell them you'll get them transcripts addressed to them when the strike is over. I don't see it as a reason to disqualify you.

I think you should use your address to apply, in my opinion.
Re: Is It Advisable To Collect Transcript Before Needed? by SenatorJames(m): 10:32am On Oct 19, 2013
theSpark: Am still an undergraduate and i have little knowledge on this issue, but i think its good to request and keep the transcripts so that would not lose out again.

I think if you have the transcripts with you even if its not issued specifically to the organization requesting for it, its better than nothng. In this case, you can write and undertaking: tell them you'll get them transcripts addressed to them when the strike is over. I don't see it as a reason to disqualify you.

I think you should use your address to apply, in my opinion.
Thanks @the spark, but I need more coments from other experience NL. Maybe Masters students, HR personnel or anybody in the education sector.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Sincere Career Advise / Kpmg Likely Job Interview Questions Needed / Vacancy At Jumia Nigeria As Sales Consultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.