Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Access Interview(my Experience) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Access Interview(my Experience) (1235 Views)

My Experience Today As An Applicant. / Validated Clues For A Job Interview; My View. / Intercontinental Bank Interview, My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Interview(my Experience) by abayd: 9:24am On Jul 04, 2008
Gud morning landers. To all those that read my post on zenith vs access, I think you deserve to read this. New readers are welcome.

I got a call ysty around 1pm from Access HR asking me if I received a text message for an interview for 5pm at the Head office.I said no and she apologised and told me what to do and that the message will be sent to me shortly.

I was reluctant to go but pressures around me made me go.

I arrived at the venue around 4.30 pm and met 2 guys and a lady already seated.By 5pm we were 8 in number and we waited till 6pm before 'MICHEAL' the HR person that conducted the Test came. He apologised to us and said he is still appealing to the managers help him conduct the interview.

At about 8.00pm we left 7th floor of leaf building plot 1669 to another office 2 buildings away. At 8.10pm,Micheal was kind enough to ask us if we were hungry and we said yes. He then gave me #2000 to get snacks and drinks for the 8 of us at TFC.

When we came back, the interviewers were already seated and the 1st man entered at about 8.40pm.

QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED

INTERVIEWERS? my name is x, my colleague is y, can we meet you and why should access hire you?
ANS: summarised my person, my edu qualifications, acheivements and ended by saying I have been an APPLICANT since leaving nysc.

QUE:Whwn you say applicant which other coy have you applied to?
ANS:Applied to pz, cocacola,reltel, and i have a job with zenith bank I start on monday(said this to streamline their questions to that and it worked)

QUE:is there no training schooll? how much is the pay package?
ANS:i gathered that the training is on the job and the pay is 75k +30k medicals

QUE: no other allowance?
ANS:yes, but,

QUE:So why did you choose access knowing that zenith is a bigger bank than ours or are you not aware?
ANS:Yes am aware, but so much as been said about the school of excellence. I Want to go thru it and be a warrior as the access person is called.

INTERVIEWER: well, I think it is a good choice you are making. It will really benefit you. This is the place to be if you want to learn the ethics of the proffesion.
ANS: thank you sir

INTERVIEWER: Do you have any ques for us?
ANS: yes, I want to know why the coy places premium on age 24 cos there are people that are 26 27 that want to be in the bank?(asked that cos am 26. I Falsified my age and that is another reason for not wanting to work in the bank)

INTERVIEVER: It is a matter of policy. From our research we have found that even if we bring the age to 19,20 we will still get the [b]WARRIOR[/b]S we need cos private universities are turning out graduates at 19,20 ,21

LAST WORDS. thank you sirs and i departed at about 9.30pm.

LANDERS, that was my experience
Re: Access Interview(my Experience) by babyx(f): 9:37am On Jul 04, 2008
@ Abayd

Well thats was some interview!! what do u think? you kinda like make Zenith shine in that interview room. By the way why in GOD's name will i have an interview at 9pm, ?even 6pm is crazy angry.

All the best dude. I do know that all of this experiences will amount to greatness at the end of the day. smiley
Re: Access Interview(my Experience) by beee: 9:45am On Jul 04, 2008
so nice of u to share ur experience
really happy 4 u
tanks an gongrats
was a smart tin to let dem know abt d zenith offer
guess u r stickin with zenith

did d zenith interviews abt 2 wks back but avnt heard from demkind of worried, but still believin God sha,
told dem i had ajob too, n most of my questions were on my job
earn 40k presently n want to move up
wish u all d best
Re: Access Interview(my Experience) by abayd: 9:47am On Jul 04, 2008
@ babyx
it was really an experience. Infact one of the guys came from Ibadan. He said he didn,t have a place to sleep(guess he was joking) however Micheal( hr person) offered him is place if he was really serious.The whole place was still alive at 9pm as if the days work just started. Thanks again for the advice. God bless you real good.
@ bee
all the best my lady. Guess they will call you soon. takia
Re: Access Interview(my Experience) by babyx(f): 10:08am On Jul 04, 2008
@ Abayd

Ya sure ACCESS Bank has warriors! grin at 9pm the place still busy like it was morning, lol
May GOD allow me work for any business( that is not mine) like that. Well i suppose people are driven by different things in life, as our faces are different so are our purposes.
Re: Access Interview(my Experience) by abayd: 10:16am On Jul 04, 2008
@ babyx
infact, when we complained to Micheal about the time, he answered and said ' I HAD MY INTERVIEW WITH THE MD AT 2AM IN THE MORNING BECAUSE THE MD IS A BUSY PERSON'. Now, that sounds unbelieveable!
Re: Access Interview(my Experience) by abayd: 10:19am On Jul 04, 2008
@ babyx
am out for now. Thank you for taking time to chat with me and wish me luck on sunday.
Re: Access Interview(my Experience) by nwakaibe(m): 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2008
Access na yeye place. did an interview with them to drive their corporate affairs or external communications. at a point the panel just sat and listened to me as i lectured them on the banking industry. was a leading finance correspondent covering but CNN and other financial institutions for six years.
i have attended several training programmes organised by the Central Bank, NDIC, Lagos Business school, SEC, and the west African inst of finance and economic management. so you can understand my grasp of the Nigerian financial sector. other stages of the inertview were the same until i met the MD.
After waiting for hours, the MD only called me to just ask me my age. and then just requested for a 26 year with my level of experience. well i am now in Oceanic Bank . a better place.

(1) (Reply)

Skye Bank Interview In Kano 3/7/08 / New Urgent Vacancy: Banking Officer Needed Urgently (ond/nce-accounts) / Frsc Recruits 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.