Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,234 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road (906 Views)

Amaechi Spent N17bn On Failed Quest To Become Buhari’s Running Mate – PDP / Rochas Okorocha Declares Support For Jonathan Vow To Take Over From Him In 2019 / Rochas Okorocha Declares Free Education For All In Imo State At Inauguration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by abagoro(m): 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
Imo State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, has declared a state of emergency on the Naze-Nekede-Ihiagwa-Obinze road, describing it as “worse than hell fire.”
Okorocha, who made the declaration during an assessment tour of the deteriorated road, also confirmed that he had received several complaints on the bad state of the road.
“I have received several complaints about the bad state of this road. Honestly, I never envisaged that it was as bad as what I am seeing now. It is worse than hell fire,” Okorocha said.
He assured the people that trooped out to welcome him at Nkwo Ukwu Ihiagwa market square that the contractor must start work on the road as soon as the rains stop.
“I assure you that the contractor will resume work on this very important road as soon as the rains stop. The suffering of the people of this area must stop”, Okorocha said.
He, however, warned that people must be prepared to make some sacrifice, pointing out that those whose stores, kiosks or buildings were built along the way, which equally obstructed free flow of flood water, will be demolished in the process.
The governor also warned the people to also resist the temptation of building their houses close to major roads, adding that such development impedes expansion of the road whenever government was ready to do so.
Speaking also, traditional ruler of Ihiagwa, Eze James Muruako, commended the governor for coming to see things for himself, pointing out that his people have suffered more than enough as a result of the bad road.
The royal father pleaded with the governor to ensure that only a reputable contracting firm was given the assignment of doing the road.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/okorocha-declares-state-emergency-failed-naze-obinze-road/
Re: Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by abagoro(m): 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
The difference between a man elected by the masses and a man rigged into office is that the elected one listens to the voice of criticism and considers the people in his actions and inactions. Okorocha is indeed a listener. What else will the critics say now?
Re: Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
Hahahaha This Rochas is a cunning comedian and Political Philistine. Comparing Hell Fire to Road, makes him my comic object of 21st Century leadership. I like his hypocrisy though.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by abagoro(m): 8:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Hahahaha This Rochas is a cunning comedian and Political Philistine. Comparing Hell Fire to Road, makes him my comic object of 21st Century leadership. I like his hypocrisy though.

So what is hypocritical here? The bad road has lasted for more than 20 years before Okorocha came to power and people seem to ignore all his works and focused on the road as his shortcoming. The next thing now is for the haters to ask villagers to resist the expansion of the road and arrange kidnap of road workers.
Re: Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by Garrithe1st: 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Hahahaha This Rochas is a cunning comedian and Political Philistine. Comparing Hell Fire to Road, makes him my comic object of 21st Century leadership. I like his hypocrisy though.

You this smelly cretiinous entity!!!

Are you too dumb to understand the figure of speech being used by Rochas??

Are you trying to be funny or you're displaying your usual idiocy??

Abeg comot road before I grind your empty head..

cool

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by awodman: 10:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
Rochas pls set into action immediately and stop this macabre dance..students and residents of those areas have gone through alot
Re: Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by Ojiofor: 1:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
Okorocha Is A Disappointment To Imo People – Anglican Bishop

Rt. Rev. Bright Ogu

The Bishop emeritus of the Anglican Diocese of Mbaise, Rt. Rev. Bright Ogu has launched a scathing attack on the governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha’s administration, describing it as a disappointment to the people of the state.

Speaking to journalists at the second synod of the Diocese of Ikeduru, Imo State recently, Bishop Ogu lamented that Governor Okorocha ‘has disappointed many Imo people, including myself’.

He pointed out that many communities in the state had no roads and that those who had roads could no longer access them the governor had torn them open without constructing them.

In his words, “we’re seeing things happening– breaking down people’s buildings, breaking down people’s comfort and traditions; taking people’s land everywhere and building structures that cannot be finished. This cannot be said to be leadership.

“I don’t know whether breaking all the structures in government house, he will finish it before he goes because he has only one more year to go?”

The emeritus bishop said the governor was running the state as a one-man business, accusing him of not carrying him of not carrying the people of the state, including members of the state House of Assembly, along.

He condemned Governor Okorocha’s policy of stifling the state economy by not giving the youths job.

“I was sitting somewhere in the market the other day. I saw lots of graduates who have no jobs sitting somewhere discussing about the government. The former governor(Ikedi Ohakim) gave them job but this one came and took it from them by sacking them and now they have no jobs. They have become truck pushers and keke riders. Is that ideal?

“Even if we were told 10 or 20 years ago that a time shall come when graduates will not have jobs in Nigeria, i would not believe it. But, it’s happening here in Imo. One was crying two days ago that after eight years of graduation, no job. My children are part of it. So, we’re all victims”, he lamented.

Speaking on the recent declaration of Governor Okorocha to run for a second term in 2015, the cleric said it would not be possible for the governor to succeed the people had known that he had a “hidden agenda”.

He advised the people of the state to beware of the kind of politicians that come to their churches to solicit for their votes because “they come to the churches to deceive the people because Imo is a Christian and praying state”.

Rev. Ogu also condemned the governor’s defection to the All Progressives Congress(APC), saying the state had been unlucky with its governors.

According to him, the former governor of the state, Ohakim, dumped the Progressive Peoples Congress(PPA) which brought him to power and joined PDP and derailed.

“Now, our man(Rochas) has come in again. He came in with APGA and now he has derailed joining APC which is not the party that brought him into power. He has been thinking about the national level. If he was not able to take care of the state, how can he manage the national or federal level?”, he queried.

http://247ureports.com/okorocha-is-a-disappointment-to-imo-people-anglican-bishop/

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
Garri the 1st:

You this smelly cretiinous entity!!!

Are you too dumb to understand the figure of speech being used by Rochas??

Are you trying to be funny or you're displaying your usual idiocy??

Abeg comot road before I grind your empty head..

cool
grin. grin
Re: Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by DerideGull(m): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
Mallam Rochas Okorocha can only fool drunks such as abagoro.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by DerideGull(m): 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2013
Ojiofor:

Okorocha Is A Disappointment To Imo People – Anglican Bishop

Rt. Rev. Bright Ogu

The Bishop emeritus of the Anglican Diocese of Mbaise, Rt. Rev. Bright Ogu has launched a scathing attack on the governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha’s administration, describing it as a disappointment to the people of the state.

Speaking to journalists at the second synod of the Diocese of Ikeduru, Imo State recently, Bishop Ogu lamented that Governor Okorocha ‘has disappointed many Imo people, including myself’.

He pointed out that many communities in the state had no roads and that those who had roads could no longer access them the governor had torn them open without constructing them.

In his words, “we’re seeing things happening– breaking down people’s buildings, breaking down people’s comfort and traditions; taking people’s land everywhere and building structures that cannot be finished. This cannot be said to be leadership.

“I don’t know whether breaking all the structures in government house, he will finish it before he goes because he has only one more year to go?”

The emeritus bishop said the governor was running the state as a one-man business, accusing him of not carrying him of not carrying the people of the state, including members of the state House of Assembly, along.

He condemned Governor Okorocha’s policy of stifling the state economy by not giving the youths job.

“I was sitting somewhere in the market the other day. I saw lots of graduates who have no jobs sitting somewhere discussing about the government. The former governor(Ikedi Ohakim) gave them job but this one came and took it from them by sacking them and now they have no jobs. They have become truck pushers and keke riders. Is that ideal?

“Even if we were told 10 or 20 years ago that a time shall come when graduates will not have jobs in Nigeria, i would not believe it. But, it’s happening here in Imo. One was crying two days ago that after eight years of graduation, no job. My children are part of it. So, we’re all victims”, he lamented.

Speaking on the recent declaration of Governor Okorocha to run for a second term in 2015, the cleric said it would not be possible for the governor to succeed the people had known that he had a “hidden agenda”.

He advised the people of the state to beware of the kind of politicians that come to their churches to solicit for their votes because “they come to the churches to deceive the people because Imo is a Christian and praying state”.

Rev. Ogu also condemned the governor’s defection to the All Progressives Congress(APC), saying the state had been unlucky with its governors.

According to him, the former governor of the state, Ohakim, dumped the Progressive Peoples Congress(PPA) which brought him to power and joined PDP and derailed.

“Now, our man(Rochas) has come in again. He came in with APGA and now he has derailed joining APC which is not the party that brought him into power. He has been thinking about the national level. If he was not able to take care of the state, how can he manage the national or federal level?”, he queried.

http://247ureports.com/okorocha-is-a-disappointment-to-imo-people-anglican-bishop/

The pontification of the pontiff can not be truer. In my vision, Mallam Rochas Okorocha has less than one year before the jackass is bounced out of Imo State.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by jbaur24: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2013
Na wa oo! Odi egwu!
Re: Okorocha Declares State Of Emergency On Failed Naze-obinze Road by donphilopus: 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2013
DerideGull: Mallam Rochas Okorocha can only fool drunks such as abagoro.
SMH

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Clerics Endorse Ngige (pic) / SURE - P INTERN GRADUATE STIPEND 2013 / House Of Reps Member Raphael Nomiye, Slumps And Dies In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.