Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! (2590 Views)

Man To Die By Stoning For Impregnating Younger Sister / What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj / Stoning The Devil In Mecca! Is It True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by AlBaqir(m): 1:02am On Oct 16, 2013
In His Name The Most High

Blessings upon Muhammad and his household!

I read on the vanguard news paper recently with dismay people's comments on an article "Muslim stones devil in final hajj ritual" (www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/muslims-stone-devil-final-hajj-ritual/#sthash.60ONzQwq.dpuf). I bowed my head in shame and sorrow when somebody comment (among many comments) thus: "DEVILS STONED DEVILS".

That is the state in which Muslims turned Islamic community into. We neither represent Islam nor the personality of our exemplary prophet (saws) whom even western thinkers bowed for his best moral virtue, excellent inner qualities which illuminate morally degraded society.

It is saddened today that muslims' intolerance to each other is alarming not to mention to our neighbors"... and equal in humanity" (as Imam Ali (a.s) puts it).

"He is not a muslim whose neighbor is not safe from him" ~holy prophet (saws).

SIGNIFICANT OF STONING!

As the statue represent "devil" (big and small statue), its spiritual awakening is to remind us that the 'bigger (Nafs Amara - evil soul which always command evil) and smaller devils (bad deeds and immoral attitudes e.g ego, pride, envy, hatred etc) in us should be stoned and dealt away with forever; since after the ritual of hajj, we become cleansed and start a new life.

MUSLIM's WAY OF LIFE

Apart from Hajj,

"Indeed, in the messenger of Allah a good
example has been set for the one who seeks Allah and the Last Day and thinks constantly about Allah." (Qur'an33:21)

"I have been sent with the perfection of moral character" ~holy prophet (s) (Ref: Wasail Shi'a)

MORAL vs "SUNNAH"

Today we pride ourselves so much in following the "sunnah" of the holy prophet (saws), in the likes of keeping long beard (some even dyed it), reducing the length of trousers, wearing Turban,(among many others) yet our moral virtues are nothing to write home about.

What does the Almighty have to do with all these "apparent practices" when the core and foundation (inner qualities) is not well erected?

BEARD!
No wonder while Imam khomeini (R) was asked about beard, he retorted: "Increase the length of your beard as much your knowledge increases". Meaning

No doubt, in as much as keeping beard is a sunnah of ALL prophets of God, it was usually a 'burden' on them being an IDENTITY of a 'person of God', a 'person of Knowledge', a 'person of virtue', a 'person of experience', whose character, saying, deed is ALWAYS being put under scrutiny by the society (to their awareness or not).

It is a shame therefore that our inner qualities (moral virtues) contradict all these "apparent identities" of a muslim. What concern the holy prophet (saws) most is the shaping of our Akhlaq (morals); for there's not a single Ayat (verse) in the noble Qur'an where Allah laid emphasis on Iman (belief) without vis-a-vis support it with 'Amal salih' (righteousness) as keys to enter paradise.

Some fanatic will even scare you with hell-fire seeing the length of your trouser just above ankles whereas the best of attires is the "...one of Taqwa (fear of Allah)" as qur'an puts it (that is not of pride or arrogancy or fame). We are more accustomed with the words such as "bid'ah, kafir, Hell" than (enjoying people to) "akhlaq (good moral values).

As much as a Muslima (muslim lady) covers her aura, she should cover her bad deeds and immorality (for ever) as well because people see Islam in her not herself.

The real sunnah is the best and excellent moral virtue not hypocritical apparent display practice.

Wa salam alaykum
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:06am On Oct 16, 2013
Maclatunji do you mind taking this to fp asap!
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by ProfZUBRA: 7:26am On Oct 16, 2013
May Almighty Allah guides us
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by maclatunji: 7:49am On Oct 16, 2013
OP makes it seem that there has ever been a time that Muslims have never been attacked. That is a huge fallacy. Which of the previous generations of Muslims wasn't attacked?

Yes, I agree that a Muslim must be sociable and make a positive impact on his community and society at large but to think that will prevent you from being insulted is just wishful thinking.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by maclatunji: 8:02am On Oct 16, 2013
In any case, this article is premised on a wrong notion, the devil is not daft to be waiting to be stoned by people annually. The activity is a symbolic one:

Chanting “God is great,”
millions of Muslims on Sunday stoned pillars
representing the devil in a symbolic rejection
of temptation on the second day of their
annual hajj pilgrimage, a day that also marks
the start of the Islamic holiday of Eid al-Adha.
Vast crowds cast pebbles as they flowed past
the three pillars, which now resemble curved
walls, in a four-level sprawling concrete
structure built to expedite the flow of pilgrims.
The ritual will be repeated for two more days,
with participants eventually throwing stones
at all three pillars.

The ritual in the desert valley of Mina
commemorates Abraham’s stoning of the
devil, who is said to have appeared three
times to the prophet to tempt him.

http://muslimvillage.com/2011/11/07/16100/muslim-hajj-pilgrims-perform-devil-stoning-ritual/
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by AlBaqir(m): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2013
@Maclatunji,
I begged you in the name of He whose justice is unique that He rewards according to deeds. Please NEVER EVER edit my article again; and kindly change the title to its original.

For Allah's sake you did not even take any permission...its saddened dear brother.

No wonder why the popular Yusuf Ali's english translations and commentary(among many other Muslim legacies) is marred by the saudi-salafi so-called scholar in the name of New edition while the bulk of the original text is lost.

That is "Tahrif" dear brother and it is hated by Allah.

Please be mature and display the "un-baised" post of yours (moderator)

Thanks.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by maclatunji: 8:59am On Oct 16, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@Maclatunji,
I begged you in the name of He whose justice is unique that He rewards according to deeds. Please NEVER EVER edit my article again; and kindly change the title to its original.

For Allah's sake you did not even take any permission...its saddened dear brother.

No wonder why the popular Yusuf Ali's english translations and commentary(among many other Muslim legacies) is marred by the saudi-salafi so-called scholar in the name of New edition while the bulk of the original text is lost.

That is "Tahrif" dear brother and it is hated by Allah.

Please be mature and display the "un-baised" post of yours (moderator)

Thanks.

The moderator has editorial powers and can edit your post in the general interest. Kindly quit whinning my brother, you have had your say.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by Seun(m): 9:10am On Oct 16, 2013
maclatunji:

The moderator has editorial powers and can edit your post in the general interest. Kindly quit whinning my brother, you have had your say.
I do not approve of this rude reply.. A moderator should not edit a member's post without a good reason, and the moderator must provide the reason when the member asks.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by AlBaqir(m): 9:22am On Oct 16, 2013
@Maclatunji,

Just as expected of you! ARROGANCY (kibru). That is the downfall of shay'tan.

You talked about "POWER of a moderator". Lol. If you are a true believer, you should know that ALL POWER belong to ALLAH alone.

@seun,

That's our powerful mr "moderator".

1 Like

Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by Afam4eva(m): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2013
-
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by ShehuAba(m): 9:49am On Oct 16, 2013
@O.P in as much as i agree partially with what you post.
The only thing i'l like to point out is the fact that Islam is a complete and established religion, and you cannot judge Islam by just the actiöns of a few muslims. There are bad eggs everywhere, and Islam's not an exception.
We should try to know that and practise Islam accordingly.
Also, the way you are attacking Salafi/Sunni isn't fair. You are speaking as if, there's something personal you have against them.
May Allah help us all
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by maclatunji: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2013
Seun: I do not approve of this rude reply.. A moderator should not edit a member's post without a good reason, and the moderator must provide the reason when the member asks.

It may seem arrogant to you but the complainant knows exactly what he is doing and to be sure, you don't know what you are getting involved in. I will address the issues in my next post.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by Olaone1: 10:02am On Oct 16, 2013
Seun: I do not approve of this rude reply.. A moderator should not edit a member's post without a good reason, and the moderator must provide the reason when the member asks.
Seun, please look into my tussle with Justwise. The guy is rude, arrogant and unyielding.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 16, 2013
Ola one:
Seun, please look into my tussle with Justwise. The guy is rude and unyielding.
Thank you.

I can boldly support this notion

1 Like

Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by AlBaqir(m): 10:21am On Oct 16, 2013
@ShehuAba,
My O.P is addressing MUSLIMs not ISLAM.

Islam is a complete way of life to attain the highest degree of perfection. No doubt!

Muslims are far off the teachings of Islam. In fact, this generation of ours is worst.

Do we even have credible scholars? Followers also are being blind with the love for their sheiks - No questioning.

And our relationships to ourselves as muslims not to mention non-muslims is the worst have ever imagine.

Takfiri is the other of the day (muslims declaring muslim 'kafir')!
'Fatwa' of 'Jihad' to kill, bomb is praised! Where's the teaching of our Nabi (saws) here?

I have nothing against the Sunni but have a lot against the Salafi/Wahabi. Experience they say, is the best teacher. Besides I never made mention of any sects in my article.

Salam.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by maclatunji: 10:36am On Oct 16, 2013
Now the issues:

1. Al-Baqir says he read an article somewhere and that one of the comments from a Non-Muslim there he found distressing. Naturally, one would think that he would seek to spare other Muslims similar distress.

2. However, what does he do? He comes here to create a thread with what he claims to be what he finds to be most distressing "Devils stoning devils".

3. Like ShehuAba has rightfully pointed out, his article is not altogether factual.

4. Leaving all of that, I was still willing to recommend the post for front page. That meant his title had to change because the title is a distinct part of a thread and Al-Baqir's own was offensive to the majority of Muslims. I promptly changed it to something not controversial.

5. What was Al-Baqir's reaction? This:

Al-Baqir:

@Maclatunji,
I begged you in the name of He whose
justice is unique that He rewards
according to deeds. Please NEVER EVER
edit my article again; and kindly change
the title to its original.
For Allah's sake you did not even take any
permission...its saddened dear brother.
No wonder why the popular Yusuf Ali's
english translations and commentary
(among many other Muslim legacies) is
marred by the saudi-salafi so-called
scholar in the name of New edition while
the bulk of the original text is lost.
That is "Tahrif" dear brother and it is
hated by Allah.
Please be mature and display the "un-
baised" post of yours (moderator)
Thanks

He never asked for my reasons for editing his title, all he did was accuse me and exhibit is bias towards a certain group of people that are completely unrelated to the issue. What has "Saudi-Salafi" got to do with editing a thread title?

I am more than willing to answer people's questions, I am not obliged to answer accusations. Hence, your instruction here is not applicable at all. Accusations and commands are different from questions.

6. Now to address you directly Seun, moderators do have the powers to edit posts and you know it. In fact, you have deleted my posts a number of times and you know we have an issue between us you have not responded to even after I have asked.

7. By this interference, you have broken our code of conduct as moderators/managers of this forum. I strongly recommend that you stop doing that. You can communicate whatever your decisions are to moderators in private.

Our being moderators implies that you trust our judgements. It is very poor management to undermine our authority with such interventions as this.

8. Finally, the Islam for Muslims section is a very special section. You will not understand and appreciate the work I do here until I leave. This is not about self-praise but a statement of fact. I don't intend to be moderator here indefinitely but I have told you in private and I am telling you publicly, you mess this section up with your interventions and you will be managing serious operational problems with Nairaland instead of making genuine progress. Why? You would be rolling from one conflict to the other on this website.

#Sheesh You made me write an epistle.

5 Likes

Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 16, 2013
This is becoming Interesting
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 16, 2013
maclatunji: Now the issues:

1. Al-Baqir says he read an article somewhere and that one of the comments from a Non-Muslim there he found distressing. Naturally, one would think that he would seek to spare other Muslims similar distress.

2. However, what does he do? He comes here to create a thread with what he claims to be what he finds to be most distressing "Devils stoning devils".

3. Like ShehuAba has rightfully pointed out, his article is not altogether factual.

4. Leaving all of that, I was still willing to recommend the post for front page. That meant his title had to change because the title is a distinct part of a thread and Al-Baqir's own was offensive to the majority of Muslims. I promptly changed it to something not controversial.

He never asked for my reasons for editing his title, all he did was accuse me and exhibit is bias towards a certain group of people that are completely unrelated to the issue. What has "Saudi-Salafi" got to do with editing a thread title?

I am more than willing to answer people's questions, I am not obliged to answer accusations. Hence, your instruction here is not applicable at all. Accusations and commands are different from questions.

6. Now to address you directly Seun, moderators do have the powers to edit posts and you know it. In fact, you have deleted my posts a number of times and you know we have an issue between us you have not responded to even after I have asked.

7. By this interference, you have broken our code of conduct as moderators/managers of this forum. I strongly recommend that you stop doing that. You can communicate whatever your decisions are to moderators in private.

Our being moderators implies that you trust our judgements. It is very poor management to undermine our authority with such interventions as this.

8. Finally, the Islam for Muslims section is a very special section. You will not understand and appreciate the work I do here until I leave. This is not about self-praise but a statement of fact. I don't intend to be moderator here indefinitely but I have told you in private and I am telling you publicly, you mess this section up with your interventions and you will be managing serious operational problems with Nairaland instead of making genuine progress. Why? You would be rolling from one conflict to the other on this website.

this guy you no get respect at all for talking to the CEO like that at least be humble , taking a drop of water from a sea doesn't make it a desert so give us a break from saying you're the ALMIGHTY of islam for muslim , if u leave today there are thousands of users ready to occupy that mod postition , and you talk about being ptivate why can't u address seun privately too, we all know you're doing a great job by dedicating your precious time to this great forum, but keep cool mein.

1 Like

Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 16, 2013
maclatunji: Now the issues:

this guy you no get respect at all for talking to the CEO like that at least be humble , taking a drop of water from a sea doesn't make it a desert so give us a break from saying you're the ALMIGHTY of islam for muslim , if u leave today there are thousands of users ready to occupy that mod postition , and you talk about being ptivate why can't u address seun privately too, we all know you're doing a great job by dedicating your precious time to this great forum, but keep cool mein.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by AlBaqir(m): 11:06am On Oct 16, 2013
@Maclatunji,

Ofvarin! Aste naboshid (Bravo! Well done in Persian).

I love your epistles dear brother but there are many flaws lie within.

1. The original title I gave my article is "Devil stoned devil" (in double-inverted commas) and not your perturbed "devil stoning devil".

2. You should have seen from the article how the title came about. And the style of the article is one, to answer whoever comment saying : "devil stoned devil", and to make a caption and appeal to the muslims worldwide the way we've been mocked because of bad eggs in our basket. The fact that akhlaq (moral virtue) is no longer being display by muslims but "apparent practice of sunnah".

3. Maclatunji, you are very funny expecting me to ask you first why you change the title? Why don't you seek my opinion FIRST on your intention to change my title to what you felt is right?

4. About sheuAba, that's one beautiful thing about life dear brother. You didn't expect everybody to agree due to our free-will (ikhtiyar) and personal interest. You can never you this brother's view as a support.
What you did,Maclatunji, is at-Tahrif because you never seek any permission to do that. That's the reason I used saudi-salafi as a very good example. Whether cry or laughter you will do when you compare the older edition and the so-called New edition of Abdullah Yusuf Ali's english translation and commentary of the holy Qur'an (among many other books). Thank God I was being specific of Saudi. I can't just imagine a government claim to represent Islam yet allowing distortion of Muslim's legacy. Same thing is happening here.

Lastly, Maclatunji its would have been better had it been you share your intention first before you distort people's article because you never know the authour's intention to give a particular title.

1 Like

Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by deols(f): 11:20am On Oct 16, 2013
I liked this thread and what it could achieve. Unfortunately, it has been derailed.

I know you are shia, Op. When I read any article by a shia, I close it immediately I see the slander against other Muslims and the salafi.

Can you ever talk about Islam without that addition! You will not achieve anything if you continue like that. At least you will never get anyone like me to listen to what you have to say.

Please refrain from doing that.

The discussion on the Op can continue
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by okeyxyz(m): 11:24am On Oct 16, 2013

It's funny that you say this, after you actually edited my post three times without informing me. At first I thought it was some error on my part or my browser or the server not submitting my posts properly. It was only after you banned me that I realized you have been editing my posts, yet you turn round to admonish another person for editing post.

I agree, it's wrong and irresponsible to edit other people's posts. It's better to hide their posts than edit them, because editing borders on invasion of privacy and personal space, an abuse of power and deliberate misrepresentation another person's opinions.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by AlBaqir(m): 11:34am On Oct 16, 2013
@deols,
Life is by choice not by force. Even religion is by choice not by force.
Even you can take whatever you like from the words of your enemies. I have seen a beautiful "quotations" of shay'tan before. (According to Imam Ali (a.s) he (L) said: 'Am amazed about human being! He claimed to love Allah yet he disobey Him; and he claim to hate me yet he obey me"wink.

Dear sister by Allah I ALWAYS stand to be corrected provided you have a better and strong view.

I was never born or breed as a 'Shi'a', but I expect my choice to be respected in an Islamic society.

Not rude here dear sister, but I ask you what do you know about the 'Salafi?'. How many salafi's scholars (past and present) have lied, instigate hatred and declare Shi'a to be kafir just because we don't have the same ideologies?

Not only shia dear sister, all other muslims that do not share their thought is an outcast (rajim) to them. See salafis declaration on the Sufis.

What about Takfiris? How many shia and innocent lives have been bombed and killed in worship places in Iraq, pakistan, India, lebanon, egypt etc just because they are shia?

What I have faced so far in life for being a Shi'a is something you can not comprehend. Thereby, I can NEVER take it ease with any salafis except the moderate among them.

Sorry to dissappoint you sister.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by ShehuAba(m): 11:47am On Oct 16, 2013
Yes, i understand when you say that Muslims aren't really practising Islam they way it's ought to, but what i will never agree with you is blaming and accuse some people because they don't share the same ideologies with you.
I never knew you were shia, though i guessed but your attitudes (shi'te generally) and even on Nairaland e.g Lagosshia, isn't good omen at all, because you just go on lampooning Sunnis/Salafis and call them names.
As deols stated, i also, rarely view topics by shia because i already know what to expect, i.e Lambasting other muslims and saying all sorts of things that i don't understand.
You really need to change your ways and argue objectively not by accusation which'l do no good at all.
Finally, the topic you initially chose 'Devils Stoning Devils' is incitive, no matter what's in the article. Some Nairalanders don't even read articles, rather they'l just view the topic and comment.
So, if maclatunji changed it because of that, i think he's right, he's the mod, if anything happens on the thread, most at times he's the one to take charge.

I pray Allah helps us all, to be better MUSLIMS. Amin

1 Like

Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by ShehuAba(m): 11:57am On Oct 16, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@deols,
Life is by choice not by force. Even religion is by choice not by force.
Even you can take whatever you like from the words of your enemies. I have seen a beautiful "quotations" of shay'tan before. (According to Imam Ali (a.s) he (L) said: 'Am amazed about human being! He claimed to love Allah yet he disobey Him; and he claim to hate me yet he obey me"wink.

Dear sister by Allah I ALWAYS stand to be corrected provided you have a better and strong view.

I was never born or breed as a 'Shi'a', but I expect my choice to be respected in an Islamic society.

Not rude here dear sister, but I ask you what do you know about the 'Salafi?'. How many salafi's scholars (past and present) have lied, instigate hatred and declare Shi'a to be kafir just because we don't have the same ideologies?

Not only shia dear sister, all other muslims that do not share their thought is an outcast (rajim) to them. See salafis declaration on the Sufis.

What about Takfiris? How many shia and innocent lives have been bombed and killed in worship places in Iraq, pakistan, India, lebanon, egypt etc just because they are shia?

What I have faced so far in life for being a Shi'a is something you can not comprehend. Thereby, I can NEVER take it ease with any salafis except the moderate among them.

Sorry to dissappoint you sister.

Now, i understand where you're coming from.
The fact that you have grudges with salafis doesn't give you the right to accuse or paint them to be bad.
All you're saying is just as if 'SALAFI IS ANTI-SHIA, SO SHIA MUST BE ANTI-SALAFI'.
Let me ask you these questions,
1. What is Salafi
b. What is wahabi
2. Who is a Salafi
3. What's the difference between a Salafi and a Sunni.
From there we can move on.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by AlBaqir(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
@SheuAba,
I admire your subtle approach. If you too don't want to be biased, you need to address the Salafis world -wide.
Even the scholars that lived(like Imam Ghazali, Subkhi et al) in the era of Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah were never free of his accusations, hatred and 'calling of names'.
The same trend goes today. How do you react if you were call 'a kafir' and 'killing' is being declare on you? That's the Fatwa of stunch salafi to Shia and Sufis.

Naturally, with that, Shia need to be defensive.
Just like I told deols, I was never born or breed as a shi'a, I had my personal choice after conviction. I only demand respect not abuse.

I believe so much in dialogue ...with Wisdom and good morals...and reasoning with sound argument rather than lying, inciting hatred and declaration of erronious fatwa which has been the ways of stunch Salafis.
Thanks.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by maclatunji: 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nolongthing1:

Since protocol has been broken and other parties are involved. It would be unrealistic to want a "private" resolution.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by AlBaqir(m): 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
@SheuAba,
Masha Allah dear brother,

What /Who is salafi?
A SALAFI is an adherent of the 'ways of as-Salaf salih (the rightoues predecessors).

What is Wahabi?
A wahabi is an adherent or follower of Sheik Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahab, whose name pave way to this 'sect' -WAHABIYAH. Apparently, the name is more political than 'religious' hence, the use of later word now : salafi which is believe is more religious.

Diffce btw SUNNI/SALAFI?
Sunni from the word Ahlu sunnah (and later by Mu'awiyyah: Ahlu Sunnah wal Jama'a) are those muslims who (both religiously and politically) claim to adhere to the Sunnah of the holy prophet (peace be on him and his ahl al-bayt).

The main difference between the two is that main-stream Sunni follows 4 madh'hab (school of thought - Imaliki, shaafi'I et al) while the Salafi condemn the practice and uphold following "the ways of the Salafs".

Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah (apparently following Imam ahmad ibn Hambali) first preached the idea of "Salaf salih". The idea died until it was revived by sheik Ibn Abdulwahab

There are however LOTS of differences between the two groups from Tawheed, nubuwah, etc.

Salam.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by Seun(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
@maclatunji: I am pleased that you have explained your reason for changing the title, as required. Let us now return to the main discussion.
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by Olaone1: 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
Seun: @maclatunji: I am pleased that you have explained your reason for changing the title, as required. Let us now return to the main discussion.
Did you ignore my request for help? angry
Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by ShehuAba(m): 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ok @Al Baqir, now we are heading somewhere.
What i wanted to point out which's indeed the problem of those opposed to the sunnis/salafis is that they tend to GENERALISE.
I now appreciate the fact that you use the word 'STUNCH' which you'l agree with me is just a little percentage.
Yes, there are stunch muslims as there are sunnis/salafis, so you should not lampoon those who aren't staunach because of the actions of the FEW Staunch.
There are fundamentals in Islam which must be adhered to, failure to do so, can lead someone out of the fold of islam.
This's where Takfir comes from, but most people do this out of ignorance.
The Ahlus-Sunnah that i know don't takfirialise people, they even oppose people who do that.
So, all these things really need to be understood well. I don't see why a Muslim should wake up and call others names because of what they do, rather it's better to point out to people what they have done which's bad i.e The Action, and let them know this's the consequence.
Except in extreme cases, where people have crossed the boundary, and the scholars in their Wisdom, let them know what Ill they have done, and they still continue.
So, let's all try to understand this and do what's right.

1 Like

Re: Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! by AlBaqir(m): 1:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
@SheuAba,
Masha Allah dear brother,

What /Who is salafi?
A SALAFI is an adherent of the 'ways of as-Salaf salih (the rightoues predecessors).

What is Wahabi?
A wahabi is an adherent or follower of Sheik
Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahab, whose name pave
way to this 'sect' -WAHABIYAH. Apparently, the
name is more political than 'religious' hence, the
use of later word now : salafi which is believe is
more religious.

Diffce btw SUNNI/SALAFI?
Sunni from the word Ahlu sunnah (and later by
Mu'awiyyah: Ahlu Sunnah wal Jama'a) are those
muslims who (both religiously and politically) claim
to adhere to the Sunnah of the holy prophet (peace
be on him and his ahl al-bayt).

The main difference between the two is that main-
stream Sunni follows 4 madh'hab (school of thought - Imaliki, shaafi'I et al) while the Salafi condemn the practice and uphold following "the ways of the Salafs".

Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah (apparently following Imam
ahmad ibn Hambali) first preached the idea of "Salaf salih". The idea died until it was revived by sheik Ibn Abdulwahab

There are however LOTS of differences between the
two groups from Tawheed, nubuwah, etc.

You said "ALL am saying is as if Salafi are ANTI-SHIA. "

Correct me if they are not please. I maintained my stand till I can be proven wrong that Salafi are ANTI-SHI'A.

Salam.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Challenge Of The Quran : Produce The Like Of This Quran / Did Satan Give Allah's Prophet Revelation? / Recommended Voluntary Worship During Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.