Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj (7844 Views)

Understanding The Hajj Stampede / Reflection Of Stoning The Devil in Muslim's character! / Stoning The Devil In Mecca! Is It True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by mazaje(m): 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2009
What is the purpose of the moslem's stoning the devil(shaitan) during the hajj? Does the moslem devil(shaitan) reside inside the ka'aba?
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2009
lunacy,if u ask me

i thought the actions of the 'stoners' in the world puts them at par with the devil
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by olabowale(m): 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2009
@mazaje and mrpresident: As bad as Mazaje's question is, he is excused because of his ignorance, but mrpresident cant be excused because he affirmed his ignorance!
Mazaje, if you know anything about Islam, the stoning and indeed the whole of hajj, except Arafat, everything is in memory of Ibrahim (AS), his son Ismail (AS) and Wife Hajar.

Now the stoning is exactly what the parents did, when Ismail was being led to slaughter, in fulfilment of the dream of Ibrahim (AS). Ibrahim repelled the deil who was trying to talk him out of carrying out the slaughter. When the devil knew he wasnt getting anywhere, he turned to Hajar, thinking that he will break her will, the nurturing of mother may kick in. To the devils demise he was stoned just as well to repel his evil counsel just as well. Oh, there is no devil in the Kaaba, and if there is, dont you think that will be the place they will be stoning? This is why you are ignorant.

As to you mrpresient, it would have been better if you play the part of an ignorant. But your arrogance will not allow you to be normal human, show that there is weakness in your Islamic knowledge; you dont know everything! There is nothing lunacy about what the Muslim does when the devil is stoned. The other is the reverse; consciousness in clear conscience that the devil is not an ally. Let me help you MrPresident, if you stone a devil are you like him, unless you stone those who are your lovers? Do you? If a woman wants to perform illegal sex with you and you repel her, are you like her or are you in the same moral standing? You need to start thinking before you type, unless you are suffering from Lunacy and par with retard!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by mazaje(m): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2009
olabowale:

@mazaje and mrpresident: As bad as Mazaje's question is, he is excused because of his ignorance, but mrpresident cant be excused because he affirmed his ignorance!
Mazaje, if you know anything about Islam, the stoning and indeed the whole of hajj, except Arafat, everything is in memory of Ibrahim (AS), his son Ismail (AS) and Wife Hajar.

Now the stoning is exactly what the parents did, when Ismail was being led to slaughter, in fulfilment of the dream of Ibrahim (AS). Ibrahim repelled the deil who was trying to talk him out of carrying out the slaughter. When the devil knew he wasnt getting anywhere, he turned to Hajar, thinking that he will break her will, the nurturing of mother may kick in. To the devils demise he was stoned just as well to repel his evil counsel just as well. Oh, there is no devil in the Kaaba, and if there is, dont you think that will be the place they will be stoning? This is why you are ignorant.

As to you mrpresient, it would have been better if you play the part of an ignorant. But your arrogance will not allow you to be normal human, show that there is weakness in your Islamic knowledge; you dont know everything! There is nothing lunacy about what the Muslim does when the devil is stoned. The other is the reverse; consciousness in clear conscience that the devil is not an ally. Let me help you MrPresident, if you stone a devil are you like him, unless you stone those who are your lovers? Do you? If a woman wants to perform illegal sex with you and you repel her, are you like her or are you in the same moral standing? You need to start thinking before you type, unless you are suffering from Lunacy and par with retard!

Olabs and his explanations. . . .Me thinks shaitan should have been dead by now with all these stones being thrown at him from millions of moslems year in year out. . . . Mohammed was truly a clever guy for inventing this scheme. . . .
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2009
I hope mazaje is aware that such a thing isnt prescribed in the quran but is found in the hadiths.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by mazaje(m): 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2009
davidylan:

I hope mazaje is aware that such a thing isnt prescribed in the quran but is found in the hadiths.

Are you sure. . .the tradition and the basis of performing the hajj stretches back to the time of Ibrahim according to the moslems and that point was noted by Olabs. . . .The story of Ibrahim which is the basis for the entire hajj is found in the koran not the hadith. . . . . .
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 01, 2009
mazaje:

Are you sure. . .the tradition and the basis of performing the hajj stretches back to the time of Ibrahim according to the moslems and that point was noted by Olabs. . . .The story of Ibrahim which is the basis for the entire hajj is found in the koran not the hadith. . . . . .

There is no recorded history of Abraham ever performing a hajj let alone stoning the devil.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by mazaje(m): 12:10am On Dec 02, 2009
davidylan:

There is no recorded history of Abraham ever performing a hajj let alone stoning the devil.

I know. . .I said the tradition according to moslems began during the time of Ibrahim. . .
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by Abuzola11(m): 12:13am On Dec 02, 2009
@mazaje: satan does not reside at the jamrat, the throne of satan is located on the high sea, we stone the devil, slaughter ram, circumambulate the ka'abah, to commemorate Abraham's trial. While we walk from mount safa to marwa 7 times to commemorate hagar's trial
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 02, 2009
mazaje:

I know. . .I said the tradition according to moslems began during the time of Ibrahim. . .

It never did.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by olabowale(m): 1:27am On Dec 02, 2009
@Davidylan: Mazaje and you should fight it out, two big time shayatini ins fighting! David, do you think Ibrahim did not exist before Judaism and or Christianity? Of course he existed long time before! He was from the city kingdom of Ur of Babylonians. No? So before Isaac, there was a man son of Ibrahim known as Ismail (AS) with his mother Hajar, a princess from Egypt sent out into the wilderness, according to you by the jealouse miss meanie Sarah of the Bible. No?

That Wilderness is Makka (Bakka), now a sprauling metropolitan, and Ibrahim's manasset (process) of carrying out Olorun/Obangiji/Chuneke's order of slaughter ended the Hajj. I know you are having a feat. Take it easy because I invite you to Ojude Oba of 2010, in Ijebu Ode and you can only take the pressure if you keep yourself healthy. Am sure somebody in your Ijebu Ode blood was a muslim and how you tangentally became a darn disbeliever the one who started it in that Ijebu bloodline carries the blame, bigtime. But not too late for you since your blood is still flowing in your vein before you become a stiff, I advice you humble yourself and drop the ego!

As much a s you deny, Ibrahim (AS) loved hs son (AS) who was the child of the sacrifice. May Allah reward your patience yaa sayidina Ismail (AS), willing to lose your life so that your father can fulfil the dream (ruuhya, waahi, a revelation) that Allah made him have (AS).

Am sure Davidylan missed the lesson behind it as the detail for a person who thinks will lead to the fact that Isaac with mama Sarah looming large can not let let Abraham and God both she had earlier forced to send into the wilderness and care not about possible dangers, Ismail and his Egyptian mother slaughter Isaac because of a mere dream! The obvious choice for a kill is the son of a bond woman for the slaughter hands down! David am making fun of you and I hope you know that, you tool (I love you enoughthat I dont wanna insult you in the public, I'll do it privately, when we are sitting together in Obanta land)!
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by olabowale(m): 2:17am On Dec 02, 2009
@mazaje: « #3 on: Yesterday at 10:26:59 PM »
Olabs and his explanations. . . .Me thinks shaitan should have been dead by now with all these stones being thrown at him from millions of moslems year in year out. . . . Mohammed was truly a clever guy for inventing this scheme. . . .
Muhammad (as) simply honored what his father Ibrahim (as) and wife Hajar Muhammad's mother did to make sure that they shame Shaitan while working hard in determination to fulfill the commandment of Eloi!, even though the message was received by dream. Nothing Muhammad said to honor himself in the Hajj!

Oh, Mazaje, you, an atheist will die when your time comes. Shaitan will die after all men are dead (the promise of Allah in Surah Araf, and others). Wait till the day of Judgement then you will see the reality.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by FayeZik(f): 5:12am On Dec 02, 2009
mazaje:

What is the purpose of the moslem's stoning the devil(shaitan) during the hajj? Does the moslem devil(shaitan) reside inside the ka'aba?
stoning of the devil does not take place inside the ka'aba, fool. where does ur devil live? Well, esu ko ni ile, he may be in your house, your office, your school, even inside you, A, hole.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 02, 2009
mazaje:

funny but true
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by muhsin(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2009
I don't care to respond to folks like Mazaje, for they'll, very likely, never understand a thing.

And questions are asked in order to get things explained, but that is phenomenally not why that guy and his cohorts ask question concerning Islam and Muslims but to purposely belittle and ridicule the religion.

May God, the Creator, guide you to the right path, ameen.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by Abuzola11(m): 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2009
May Allah guide u
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by ttruth(m): 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2010
@post :

It is very funny to me because they are stoning somebody they cannot even see grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

To be honest, the devil lives in the mind of every muslim, that is the reason, they are ready to kill, slay and murder at any slight provocation.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by AbuZola3(m): 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2010
Allah is Great. Some people think with their feet
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by mazaje(m): 8:07pm On Jan 23, 2010
t.truth:

@post :

It is very funny to me because they are stoning somebody they cannot even see grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

To be honest, the devil lives in the mind of every muslim, that is the reason, they are ready to kill, slay and murder at any slight provocation.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What you have said is nothing but the truth. . . . .
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by karo93: 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2010
@olabowale
Abraham was able to take ISAAC for sacrifice because he did not tell Sarah and Isaac about it. he told them they were going to offer a sacrifice to God and that God will provide the animal for sacrifice.
I have grounds to believe that it was ISAAC to be sacrificed because Isaac was the promised child borne to him in old age and with the promised child already born it will not have been hard for Abraham to sacrifice ishmeal.(GOD WANTED TO TEST ABRAHAM'S OBEDIENCE)
If Abraham did not find it hard to send ishmeal away on SARAH'S WISH why would he find it hard to kill him on GOD'S COMMAND
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by WATHUP: 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2010
You guys seriously need to do your research and start getting your facts right.  undecided
[size=8pt]THE MUSLIMS DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT THROW FREAKIN' STONES AT THE DEVIL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. They throw stones at pillars that represent him! [/size]DUH. If you don't believe me, google the damn thing. Or just read this passage from the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4180965.stm#map)
In the morning, pilgrims return to Mina and throw seven stones at pillars called Jamaraat. These represent the devil. The pillars stand at three spots where Satan is believed to have tempted the Prophet Abraham.
And that, is also your answer mr who wanted to find out.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Stoning The Devil(shaitan) During The Hajj by alienvirus: 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2010
I can authoritatively say satan lives in d church. i don't know what d muslims claim about satan but surely he lives in d church. Back to the milky way

(1) (Reply)

What Happens If A Wife Leaves Islam? / Can I Break My Fast Because Of Hard Examination Or Test To Enable Me Read? / The Foundation Of Islam Revolves Around Three Ahadith, See Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.