Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,843 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners (13043 Views)

Are Nigerians Criminals? Statistics Of Nigerian Prisoners In Britain. - Pic / Mark Begs China To Release Nigerian Prisoners / Photos Of How Nigerian Prisoners Sleep And Enjoy Their Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
Kanwulia:

Argggggggggggggggggggggh!
You missed the whole 'charade'!
Ibori is one of them. . . hence the ADDITION of 266 other 'favored' robbers buried with our lord Jesus Christ Ibori. . .TO MAKE IT LOOK LEGIT!
You should understand NIGERIAN politics by now. LEARN TO LOOK BEYOND THE SMOKESCREEN. . .AS WITH EVERYTHING NIGERIAN!!! wink

THE BRITISH COURTS are just an extension of the EFCC. . . .It would always dance to the tune of the most powerful commander WITH THE HIGHEST PRICE TAG!

Poor you! grin

I hope you spend more time using the remaining brain cells NL has not killed from reading and responding to JUNK POSTS. . . . .to pay CLOSE attention to Nigerian politics like I do. . . with the right INNER CONNECTIONS of course! wink

LET ME EDUCATE YOU. . . IT WAS ONE OF THE CONDITIONS GIVEN TO JONATHAN BY THE ATIKU CAMP!

Thank me later. . . . wink
Sounds sweet, Tell me more!
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by bigt2(m): 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
Thats better........................ Go, and sin no more brethren!!
Welcome back to Nigeria in advance! cool #DFC
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Policewoman(f): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hope they won't die of typhoid and cholera is Nigerian prisons tongue
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
Issokay
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Akiika: 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
I'm sure some of those prisoners will prefer to be in London jail where there are 3 square meals, electricity, water e.t.c than to be free in Nigeria where the above mentioned are a luxury. I'm sorry for them, double wahala for their dead body.
UK Gov't are so funny, i bet more than half of those criminals will be set free once they have money to settle the Nigerian prison system. Na just to switch their names with some existing prisoner in the jail already.

1 Like

Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by kwajahafiz(m): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
Finaly Ibori heads home, thank God, and that mad yoruba boy that cut of the head of that white boy infront of the news camera, while screaming, Allawuakbar...yea we could certainly use more people like that in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by excell12go(m): 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Chanchit: 10:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
Kanwulia: I hope my DARRRLING Ibori will be among o? wink

Your darlin is a special prisoner.
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Akiika: 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
Kanwulia:

Argggggggggggggggggggggh!
You missed the whole 'charade'!
Ibori is one of them. . . hence the ADDITION of 266 other 'favored' robbers buried with our lord Jesus Christ Ibori. . .TO MAKE IT LOOK LEGIT!
You should understand NIGERIAN politics by now. LEARN TO LOOK BEYOND THE SMOKESCREEN. . .AS WITH EVERYTHING NIGERIAN!!! wink

THE BRITISH COURTS are just an extension of the EFCC. . . .It would always dance to the tune of the most powerful commander WITH THE HIGHEST PRICE TAG!

Poor you! grin

I hope you spend more time using the remaining brain cells NL has not killed from reading and responding to JUNK POSTS. . . . .to pay CLOSE attention to Nigerian politics like I do. . . with the right INNER CONNECTIONS of course! wink

LET ME EDUCATE YOU. . . IT WAS ONE OF THE CONDITIONS GIVEN TO JONATHAN BY THE ATIKU CAMP!

Thank me later. . . . wink

Man, your theory is plausible! All UK need is Ibori's properties they have confiscated, no need to feed and house him. You're one of the scarce NL with thinking faculty. Hat off!
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Thomsbuky(m): 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
[quote author=Jglad]
be careful wat u wish 4 o... Jail na jail whether nigeria or abroad[/quote

However, you cannot compare British jail with Nigger jail, It"s like comparing Roll Royce with Toyota corolla car difference is miles apart.
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Kanwulia: 10:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
Billyonaire: Sounds sweet, Tell me more!

Ok!
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by ShenTeh(m): 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
Kai Mallam Cameran, I dey crase? We are flanning on how to decangest our frizims and you are flanning on cangesting zhe flace back.

Walahi, I will suffort it ip our frizim serbice can frobide us with the exact pigures of Non-white frisoners in Naijirian frizims. We are intarested in knowing ip it is only their saints that come to Naijiriya, or is it that our jadicial system has neber caught of wizh any op them? Eh yawah.

Sacandly, I will only suffort zhis moob ip they are bringing our bery illustrous son -Onanepe Ibori- to come and serve in Katsina frizim. Ehe
Shikenan Mallam.

3 Likes

Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Policewoman(f): 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
[quote author=Thomsbuky][/quote]No its like comparing a Rolls Royce phanthom to a Tata Nano.
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by deebsman1(m): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sahara reporters reported this months ago, that a deal was on d way and its to be used as a decoy to favor IBORI, watching closely sha

1 Like

Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Mustymohd2: 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Jglad: be careful wat u wish 4 o... Jail na jail whether nigeria or abroad
hey bros how do u know

2 Likes

Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by bebe2(f): 10:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ok, pple make una behave o

The smell of urine alone for naija prison reach to make oerson enter coma.
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
ibori 2019

1 Like

Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Kanwulia: 11:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
Trvlla'c:
ibori 2019

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! cool
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by lepasharon(f): 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
What about those with British Passport ?.. this doesn't apply to them does it ?

1 Like

Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Kanwulia: 11:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Na 'BRITISH' passport im take do 'DELTA STATE' GOVERNOR FOR 8 YEARS FROM OGHARRA, ASABA AND WARRI? undecided
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sir Ibori is coming back to support GEJ's 2015 campaign he hee hee
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by saifuhot: 11:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
Firefire: Hundreds of Nigerian criminals will be sent home to serve out prison sentences under a deal set to be struck by ministers within weeks.

Talks are continuing into reaching a compulsory prisoner transfer agreement, which could see more than half of the 534 criminals from Nigeria currently in UK jails repatriated.

UK Prisons Minister, Jeremy Wright, told MailOnline how ‘more foreign prisoners must serve their sentences in their own countries.’

Ministers have been ordered to step up efforts to end the scandal of more than one in eight prisoners being from overseas.

British Prime Minister, David Cameron vowed to end the practice of the British taxpayer picking up the bill for criminals with no business in the UK.

The Prime Minister said in 2010 that he would ‘personally intervene’ to send more foreign criminals home.

Britain has even made clear it would pay to build new prisons in countries like Nigeria to speed up the process of sending foreign criminals home. Up to £1m has been promised to upgrade Nigerian jails, including a new wing at Kirikiri Prison in Lagos.

But to date little progress has been made. When the coalition was formed there were 11,135 foreign prisoners in UK jails, and this figure has fallen by just three per cent since to 10,786.

Each felon costs an average of around £40,000 a year to keep inside.

Last week it was announced that notorious Liberian warlord Charles Taylor is to serve his 50-year sentence for war crimes in the UK.

A prisoner-transfer agreement was struck with Albania earlier this year to ‘free up space in prisons here and reduce the cost to the British taxpayer’.

It was the first major bilateral prisoner transfer agreement with a country outside the European Union.

There were around 250 Albanians in UK jails in June this year.

But securing an agreement with Nigeria would be seen as a much more significant breakthrough.

Latest figures show there were 534 Nigerian nationals in British jails, 485 men and 49 women.

Nigerians account for one in 20 of all foreign prisoners, putting the country fifth in the league table of nations whose citizens have been jailed in the UK.

Justice Minister Mr. Wright said, “I am clear that more foreign prisoners must serve their sentences in their own countries.

“That is why we are currently working with the Nigerian Government on a compulsory prisoner transfer agreement to increase the number of prisoners who are transferred.

“Legislation allowing Nigeria to enter such an arrangement was passed earlier this year by the Nigerian Parliament. We are now working with them on the text of a final agreement.”

Overflowing jails abroad have made it increasingly difficult to deport prisoners to their own country.

It is argued that by paying for building new jails or making existing ones more ‘comfortable’ so they approach British standards, will be repatriated.

Deal: David Cameron, who promised to help Nigeria improves its jails, hopes to strike a deal with Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan

Deal: David Cameron, who promised to help Nigeria improves its jails, hopes to strike a deal with Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan

In April Mr. Cameron said, “When people are sent to prison in the UK we should do everything we can to make sure that if they’re foreign nationals, they are sent back to their country to serve their sentence in a foreign prison.

“And I’m taking action in Government to say look we have strong relationships with all of the countries where these people come from.

“Many are coming from Jamaica, many from Nigeria, many from other countries in Asia.

“We should be using all of the influence we have to sign prisoner transfer agreements with those countries. Even if necessary frankly helping them to build prisons in their own country so we can send the prisoners home.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/uk-to-repatriate-267-nigerian-prisoners/

Firefire: Hundreds of Nigerian criminals will be sent home to serve out prison sentences under a deal set to be struck by ministers within weeks.

Talks are continuing into reaching a compulsory prisoner transfer agreement, which could see more than half of the 534 criminals from Nigeria currently in UK jails repatriated.

UK Prisons Minister, Jeremy Wright, told MailOnline how ‘more foreign prisoners must serve their sentences in their own countries.’

Ministers have been ordered to step up efforts to end the scandal of more than one in eight prisoners being from overseas.

British Prime Minister, David Cameron vowed to end the practice of the British taxpayer picking up the bill for criminals with no business in the UK.

The Prime Minister said in 2010 that he would ‘personally intervene’ to send more foreign criminals home.

Britain has even made clear it would pay to build new prisons in countries like Nigeria to speed up the process of sending foreign criminals home. Up to £1m has been promised to upgrade Nigerian jails, including a new wing at Kirikiri Prison in Lagos.

But to date little progress has been made. When the coalition was formed there were 11,135 foreign prisoners in UK jails, and this figure has fallen by just three per cent since to 10,786.

Last week it was announced that notorious Liberian warlord Charles Taylor is to serve his 50-year sentence for war crimes in the UK.

A prisoner-transfer agreement was struck with Albania earlier this year to ‘free up space in prisons here and reduce the cost to the British taxpayer’.

It was the first major bilateral prisoner transfer agreement with a country outside the European Union.

But securing an agreement with Nigeria would be seen as a much more significant breakthrough.

Latest figures show there were 534 Nigerian nationals in British jails, 485 men and 49 women.

Nigerians account for one in 20 of all foreign prisoners, putting the country fifth in the league table of nations whose citizens have been jailed in the UK.

Justice Minister Mr. Wright said, “I am clear that more foreign prisoners must serve their sentences in their own countries.

“That is why we are currently working with the Nigerian Government on a compulsory prisoner transfer agreement to increase the number of prisoners who are transferred.

“Legislation allowing Nigeria to enter such an arrangement was passed earlier this year by the Nigerian Parliament. We are now working with them on the text of a final agreement.”

Overflowing jails abroad have made it increasingly difficult to deport prisoners to their own country.

It is argued that by paying for building new jails or making existing ones more ‘comfortable’ so they approach British standards, will be repatriated.

In April Mr. Cameron said, “When people are sent to prison in the UK we should do everything we can to make sure that if they’re foreign nationals, they are sent back to their country to serve their sentence in a foreign prison.

“And I’m taking action in Government to say look we have strong relationships with all of the countries where these people come from.

“Many are coming from Jamaica, many from Nigeria, many from other countries in Asia.

“We should be using all of the influence we have to sign prisoner transfer agreements with those countries. Even if necessary frankly helping them to build prisons in their own country so we can send the prisoners home.”

Each felon costs an average of around £40,000 a year to
keep inside. 9ja felons prefer heaven prison than mamas' house oo
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Jglad(f): 11:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tekzyflex:

Nah lie ooo! Jail is not jail ooo...
if u tink so, den try bin locked up 4 jst a week n u wil see hw precious freedom is...
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by Kanwulia: 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
Billyonaire: Sounds sweet, Tell me more!

https://www.nairaland.com/1480609/uk-government-set-repatriate-ibori

Did we speak too soon? wink

Please join in singing the new IBORI RELEASE SONG by CELTIC THUNDER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u77MgRnij5U

The best BIRTHDAY PRESENT I HAVE RECEIVED THIS WEEK PLUS MY BROADWAY 'LION KING' TICKETS IN DALLAS FOR THIS WEEKEND!!! HOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Anyone with 'THE LION KIND TICKETS' IN DALLAS FOR THIS WEEKEND? MAKE WE GO H-ENJOY JARE!!!! PHOCK NIGERIAN POLITICS! kiss

THE LION KING CELEBRATES 15 YEARS!!!!

MY H-AGNOSTIC GAWD BLESS AMERICA JARE!!!! cool
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by olusola200: 12:41am On Oct 17, 2013
IBORI MUST BE ONE OF THEM OOOOOO
IF NOT FORGET THE DEAL
Re: UK To Repatriate 267 Nigerian Prisoners by igboboy1(m): 12:59am On Oct 17, 2013
111 are Ijebulites

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping / PDP, APGA Battle For Soul Of Anambra / Nigeria: Do We Have An Army?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.