Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Phone Contracts And Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Contracts And Nigeria (3971 Views)

Att Iphone, Dual Usage In Usa And Nigeria / Bulk Phone Numbers And Nigeria E-mails For Sale / 3g And Nigeria Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Contracts And Nigeria by winteriscoming: 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
A contract mobile phone means that you pay a single
monthly fee for a fixed period of time. Most mobile phone
contracts are set at either 18 or 24 months and provide
mobile customers with a cheap tariff and a great new
handset.

I saw an advert the other day about Vodafone in SA offering a phone(I think it was the s4) on contract complete with call text and data.
I thought to myself that I could be the proud owner of a note 3 if I could be allowed to pay for it in two years. with no stress whatsoever on my bank account.

Why in these day and age of technology advancement do we have an almost non-existent contract culture?

1 Like

Re: Phone Contracts And Nigeria by jideroland(m): 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
I think it's a trust thing. Can the network providers trust the customers to pay
Re: Phone Contracts And Nigeria by hardniola(m): 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
i wish dis idea work in naija......but hhhhmm
Re: Phone Contracts And Nigeria by nuramohammed26: 10:52am On Nov 22, 2013
I totally agree with you,this is 2013 and the fact that our telecoms like MTN,GLO,ETISALAT,AIRTEL actually don't have a good marketing strategy should tell you the kind of backward situation Naija is.
I will explain something for you:
Lets assume these TELECOMS/CARRIERS wants to start selling phones with contract,it's actually lucrative and very possible in Nigeria,What they should do is to offer the contract PHONES to People with Salary Accounts[i][/i],Assuming i want to get the latest iPhone and the contract free/unlocked iPhone 5S is N147,000, I can get it from MTN for down payment of N20,000,then each month N10,000 will be deducted from my salary account to MTN for 24 months....within this N10,000 I get 250MB,60min voice call & 50 SMS with no rollover to the next month. So after the period of 24months MTN made a total transaction of N260,000 from one single customer. If you subtract the actual price of the iPhone from the total transaction you get N113,000 in net profit.
This kind of business model will actually boost the TELECOMS business geometrically while it will enable the customer to make purchase without breaking banks.

1 Like

Re: Phone Contracts And Nigeria by winteriscoming: 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
It seems the only thing they care about is reducing kobo/sec prices. With the likes of Skype and Viber what people are looking for are better data plans. Coupling that with contract phones and sales will go through the roof.

1 Like

Re: Phone Contracts And Nigeria by nuramohammed26: 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
True talk......I wonder if they actually have a marketing department....do you think writing a review on their websites will open their eyes or is there a way to get the attention of the decision makers.
Re: Phone Contracts And Nigeria by htconeline: 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
if u nid s4 enter agreement wit unionbank they are in partnership wit etisalat for 2years phone contract but no replacement like they do in yankii.

1 Like

Re: Phone Contracts And Nigeria by winteriscoming: 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
That's good news. Heard a rumour that airtel do contracts too. And with the way naija networks do follow follow we should see wide spread adoption soon.

1 Like

Re: Phone Contracts And Nigeria by JAGSGroup: 1:53pm On May 03, 2017
I am currently conducting a research on the viability of introducing pay monthly mobile phone price plan into the Nigerian mobile telecommunication industry. I would like to ask for your help in carrying out this research as the work requires me to collect data to be analysed in other to understand the market/industry.

Please use this link https:///forms/DLFHYHebGoVDoiUJ2 to a questionnaire with a number of questions which I would like you to answer. The information you provide will be confidential and will be used for this research work only.

This questionnaire contains 27 questions, and it is estimated that it would take roughly 10 to 15 minutes to answer all the questions. Please be assured that the information you provide will be secure and treated with the highest professional standards.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your support in this research work. Kindly share the link with your friends, family and colleagues.
Kind regards.

(1) (Reply)

7 Best Android Web Browser 2015 / Please Suggest An Andriod Phone Under 30k. / Do You Know You Can Buy Infinix Note 7 And Pay In Installment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.