Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Would You Let Your Boyfriend Read Your Diary? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Let Your Boyfriend Read Your Diary? (1535 Views)

Would You Let Your Partner Rock Any Of These Pants? / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Would You Let Your Boyfriend Read Your Diary? by 4clique: 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Imagine this scenario. For a while you have been writing in your diary about your relationship. All the good things and the bad things especially all the things you do not like in your boy friend. You are being explicit about these things because you are weighing the pro and cons of remaining in the relationship and all the odds are in favor of you breaking up the relationship. Not only that because it is your personal diary you have written a lot of personal stuff meant for your eyes only. You have been hiding the diary because of its sensitive content but suddenly here is your boy friend standing in front of you, your diary in his hand and you can’t explain how he found it. What would you do? Tell me, how would you wriggle out of such a situation especially since you can see on his face he has read every single thing inside the diary?

Another thing, would you let your boy friend on your own read your diary or journal? Below is what some girls said.

A girl said “I am a quiet reserved person in real life but in my diary I talk a lot and tell all my feelings and thoughts. I feel if my boyfriend reads my diary he may not understand a whole lot of things. He may misunderstand the motives or intentions behind some of them. I know it is possible that his reading my diary could bring us closer together because he could read things I don’t like and probably have not had the courage to tell him. But I still prefer to keep my diary to myself”.

Another girl Mary says “Yes. I will allow my boyfriend to read not only my diary or my journal but my text messages and emails and even receive my calls when am not available because I don’t want him to think am hiding anything from him. In love people have to be sincere to each other.

But the next girl disagreed strongly with Mary she insists firmly, “Don’t let your boyfriend know your secret. He could use it against you and that won’t be nice for you. He could blackmail you with it. It is good to keep you some mystery to yourself.”

Her friend agrees with her. She says our diaries are our secret space. It won’t be called your diary would it if you have to share it with other people no matter how close they are to you. You shouldn’t be letting your boyfriend into your diary just so he may see some things you don’t like and maybe change, that is childish. You should be matured enough to tell him those things yourself. Besides she continues, there are some secret things you may have written there some time ago and forgotten that could do your relationship a lot of damage if he were to find out. How would you be able to explain those things out to him?

Someone says, “I will be extremely careful. Maybe I will just show him a few entries” Her friend screams. NO WAY!

There are probably things you wrote in that diary that is tagged FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. So folks what do you think?

For me I would be too scared to let my partner into my diary. My diary is too personal. It is the only place I can say whatever I want or need to say without fear of consequences. It is a place I could let out my negative thoughts it is my own personal place to vent out all my feelings. That does not mean I don’t love my boo but I just can’t. It is going to make me feel so naked and vulnerable and I won’t like that. The only way I could is may be if I could seat right beside him and chose the entries he could read or explain all the sensitive entries to him etc. Nah!! .That just won’t do.

Join the latest clique in town today at www.4clique.com (mobile version also available) or download apps from BlackBerry, Android or iOS store.

To read from dating tips and interesting articles, join us at www.4clique.com/blog

(1) (Reply)

A Man Who Shares The Bed With Two Identical Twins Opens Up About Their Intimate / Fact About Girls / Highly Intelligent Guys And Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.