Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,422 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Help,am In Pains! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help,am In Pains! (1121 Views)

10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor / Rants Of A Mother In Pains / A Letter From A Woman In Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help,am In Pains! by prommy(f): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2008
I had a baby boy last year october but lost him a day after.since that day i am no longer my normal seif .I cry on daily basis because the child was very handsome and healthy at birth that i still cannot accept that he is dead.everybody around me now feels am been unusually attached to a child i knew little about.What do i do let go of my grief.
Re: Help,am In Pains! by Sisikill: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2008
I am so sorry for your loss.

When it comes to Grieving. . . We think it's something to be ashamed of, something you can turn on & off like light and something that can be hurried. WRONG, WRONG & WRONG.

Having lost someone myself, the only thing I can say is that the healing process begins when you do finally accept the loss. Some people think when you accept the loss, it means you don't care about the person or that you will soon forget them, this is completely false. If this is what you're are afraid of, that your grief is the only connection you have with your son and to let it go will break that connection. . . please don't be. By virtue of being his mother, even for a very brief time, you are forever connected to him, nothing can change that, so it's okay to stop grieving.

Talking to someone outside the situation can also help, my suggestion is to see a Grieft Counselor. Honestly, I wish I knew the right things to say to help ease your pain. All I can do is pray that the Lord gives you the fortitude to bear and accept it.

Best of Luck.
Re: Help,am In Pains! by ifyalways(f): 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2008
eww sorry sad May God comfort you.The future is the brightest,look ahead !
Re: Help,am In Pains! by Outstrip(f): 3:13am On Jul 05, 2008
Prommy anybody who says that you are over doing it is just a heartless animal. I remember when I was carrying my son in my arms and we fell down the stairs together and I called the ambulance. I was hysterical. The police also came and they were even trying to console me. They told me that my son looks fine but I was so horrified from seeing my 5 month old baby fly out of my arms and land on the top of his head. It was too much. I cried and prayed all the way to the hospital and everything turned out okay. My husband came and met us there and he was worried but he was even more concerned about me because the baby was busy playing with the nurses and I was still very distressed.

My bestfriend lost a 4 month pregnancy and I don't think she finally started to heal until she had her daughter. She was so attached to this unborn child that I was the only one that she could call to console herself. It was so sad.
I gave you these two scenarios because I wanted to make you see that a mother's love for their child can be very intense. It can really be overwhelming.

Prommy you have to start healing from this eventually. If for nothing else for your mental health. It is perfectly okay to grieve for your baby but you have to make sure you stay healthy for yourself. I know no other child will take the place of the baby but God will make it right for you and time will heal your pain if you give it a chance. I will pray for you. Stay strong.
Re: Help,am In Pains! by ima1(f): 8:46am On Jul 05, 2008
@poster

take heart on the the fact that God knows and has a reason for everything that occurs, and he would not let things happen to us that he knows we can't handle. i feel your pains and would be devastated if i was in your shoes, cheer up God is still in control and working in your favor hun.
Re: Help,am In Pains! by CH3COO(m): 8:51am On Jul 05, 2008
Outstrip:

I remember when I was carrying my son in my arms and we fell down the stairs together and I called the ambulance. I was hysterical. The police also came and they were even trying to console me. They told me that my son looks fine but I was so horrified from seeing my 5 month old baby fly out of my arms and land on the top of his head.
Please be more cautious in the events of your life. I think you should be thankful you weren't harangued with child-endangerment allegations.
Re: Help,am In Pains! by Godalone(m): 3:07pm On Jul 05, 2008
May the good Lord returns your happiness.
Re: Help,am In Pains! by obillyj(f): 10:49pm On Jul 07, 2008
i may not feel ur pains but i do understand well the love of a mother to her child. it is perfectly alright for u to grief. i cant stop imagining what it actually feels like to carry a life for nine months, delivers it only to lose it within a twinkling of an eye, yet it happens. u cannot get over this pain until u accept the fact that ur precious baby is more. healing comes when u accept the inevitable. so my darling brace urself up and face reality. it will be hard but it'is worth doing . God knows the best i believe and by His precious grace u will be mother of children.
pls accept my deepest sympathy for ur loss. IT IS WELL.
Re: Help,am In Pains! by SeanT21(f): 12:21am On Jul 08, 2008
U will see your baby someday.

There is Life after Death!!
Re: Help,am In Pains! by abbey10(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2008
Pull urself together.
Leave your base,travel.
That will help you get over it.
Don't be deceived;you wont forget.
But with this;I believe God will strengthen you.
Peace!
Re: Help,am In Pains! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 08, 2008
I understand ur pain but remember that life must goes on, I will advice you to believe in God because it is God that give u the child and took it back . Have faith in God and be strong this sort of moment come and go in life.
Re: Help,am In Pains! by origina9ja(f): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2008
may God of comfort, comfort you in jesus name
Re: Help,am In Pains! by Evept(f): 11:54am On Jul 09, 2008
@prommy,
im sorry for your loss,i know how you feel,i myself lost a baby boy this january,he was born at 7 months premature
but healthy and i lost him after a month,i have been very depressed also it helped me alot to travel home for a month but i still do cry sometimes and still cant get over it
I Hope this peom helps you and also explain to your friends and loved ones how you feel .a of mine friend that lost a baby sent it to me and it has helped me alot also . because some people dont know that things they say to someone that just lost a baby can be hurtful.

Don't Tell Me

Please don't tell me you know how I feel,

Unless you have lost your child too,

Please don't tell me my broken heart will heal,

Because that is just not true,

Please don't tell me my son is in a better place,
Though it is true, I want him here with me,

Don't tell me someday I'll hear his voice, see his face,
Beyond today I cannot see,

Dont tell me it is time to move on,
Because I cannot,

Dont tell me to face the fact he is gone,
Because denial is something I can't stop,

Don't tell me to be thankful for the time I had,
Because I wanted more,

Don't tell me when I am my old self you will be glad,
I'll never be as I was before,

What you can tell me is you will be here for me,

That you will listen when I talk of my child,

You can share with me my precious memories,

You can even cry with me for a while,

And please don't hesitate to say his name,
Because it is something I long to hear everyday,

Friend please realize that I can never be the same,
But if you stand by me, you may like the new person I become someday.
Re: Help,am In Pains! by abbey10(m): 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2008
Evept,
you're a DARLING!
God bless you for this.
I've learnt something new now.
Thanks.
Re: Help,am In Pains! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 09, 2008
Don't Tell Me

Please don't tell me you know how I feel,

Unless you have lost your child too,

Please don't tell me my broken heart will heal,

Because that is just not true,

Please don't tell me my son is in a better place,
Though it is true, I want him here with me,

Don't tell me someday I'll hear his voice, see his face,
Beyond today I cannot see,

Dont tell me it is time to move on,
Because I cannot,

Dont tell me to face the fact he is gone,
Because denial is something I can't stop,

Don't tell me to be thankful for the time I had,
Because I wanted more,

Don't tell me when I am my old self you will be glad,
I'll never be as I was before,

What you can tell me is you will be here for me,

That you will listen when I talk of my child,

You can share with me my precious memories,

You can even cry with me for a while,

And please don't hesitate to say his name,
Because it is something I long to hear everyday,

Friend please realize that I can never be the same,
But if you stand by me, you may like the new person I become someday

This poem brought some tears from my eyes. Thanks for sharing Evept. Thanks for sharing.

@Prommy. . . .I'm so sorry. I pray the Good Lord satisfy you and fill your heart with gladness to bear it all.

It's well.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Father 250,000 Children In Liberia. / When Your Wife And Friend Betray You / I Am Brok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.