Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? (20211 Views)

Poll: Falling under the anointing?? Whats your take

Real: 57% (121 votes)
Hoax (Scam): 26% (57 votes)
Hypnosis: 16% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Falling Down Under Anointing? / Why Always Women Falls Under Anointing And Not Men? / Falling Under The Anointing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by moredendisc: 10:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
Goshen360:

^^^ Thank you brother. And we must present ourselves ready as the church (bride) without spot or wrinkle. God bless you brother.

@Goshen360

One of the spots is actually this "Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis" thingy which you've brilliantly just posted about

It is, as a matter of fact a relic of unquestioned pass downs practice or traditions that needs jettisoned

These public display, playing to the gallery falling under anointing palaver where the power of God is lacking from the so called anointing fallen under. Pfft.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Goshen360(m): 10:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
^^^ Seriously, I can't understand why someone who claim to have been healed ALREADY will come out for testimony and such person will still need to be touched in order to fall under the anointing....is that to perfect the healing or that the healing is not completed in the first place or what? I just can't understand all those show. The one that annoys me the most is when they say they are conducting deliverance for a Christian. I'm like WHAT! Deliverance? For Christian? A Christian now being knocked down by the Holy Spirit or by demon(s)? That's ridiculous mehn!
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by WAM1(f): 10:54pm On Feb 18, 2013
Wow I'm Dazed and short of words but I would try to respond.

You have stated many truths one of which is the invasion of our faith with false hood and knowing them by their fruits but I'm sorry to say that's where that truth ends. Were we not pre informed about it in the same Word of God? Do you sincerely think that you and the whole of Africa combined can go against this false teaching? Do you sincerely think that God is in need of your help to defend a faith he created and knows its beginning and end? Do you sincerely see God's anointed ones that are performing these deliverances, miracles or preaching tithing as false teachers ?

If you do then I rest my case. May we all be enlightened.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever but the relationship he has with us is dynamic. Is it everything you practice in your Christian faith that was practiced in the bible? The bible is a guide and not a to do list. What is the ultimate goal as a Christian ? To make heaven- what is the criteria for making that holliness - what does that have to do with others?

My point exactly. It's not our job to judge or fight for our faith what makes you different ? Let God fight for himself. It is our job to strive for holliness and this is a personal walk with God. Except your a one man church you are going to be in the midst of doctrines you do not necessarily agree with- I cannot count how many times I have listened to men of God I love so much and disagreed with a couple of things they said. Hense the importance of being rooted in the word so you can sift out that which does not apply.

I would share another personal experience to buttress my point. I personally do not allow just any man of God to lay hands on me. If my spirit is not in sync with you you are not touching my head. But you would never hear me tell another not to let the man of God touch him or her. Which one is my own? Spirit is not in sync no touching moving on to the next. To drive home my point what is the end point we try to reach in proving that thiting,falling under the anointing or the preacher preaching such is wrong? How does that bring you any closer to the end goal?

Lastly we need to be careful what we say . If you are a man of God you would realize that where you were a couple of years back is not where you are. There are probably some habits that have been dropped and picked. Can you imagine being judged for what you did in the past? My point being- we are not there yet. We are all a work in progress . Even with the battle tone we are adviced to be careful lest we fall. Also remember what our righteousness looks like before God. All I am saying is to each his own- we all would give account of our actions not that of others.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Goshen360(m): 11:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
^ Well said sister. Perspective is everything on the basis for which we act in whatever way we choose to act. I don't know how to respond in details but I'll make out time to respond and respond very well. Maybe later though - I need to get on some other assignment. I'll send you a PM, okay.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by moredendisc: 12:45am On Feb 19, 2013
Goshen360:

^ Well said sister. Perspective is everything on the basis for which we act in whatever way we choose to act.

I don't know how to respond in details but I'll make out time to respond and respond very well.

Maybe later though - I need to get on some other assignment. I'll send you a PM, okay.

Hmmm, I can now understand where WAM is coming from and think I know what the gripe is all about

There is this thing concerning the misinterpretation or misrepresentation of "the anointing" and "the presence of God"

"The anointing" is empowerment for service or purpose

"The presence of God" is experiencing the profound communion or fellowship of God

The latter is what WAM encountered in the car listening to Kirk Franklin, an intense mental or spiritual connection with/to God

The former however is about endowing with power, giftings, equipping with skills, supplying with a talent or quality etc for services to accomplish/carry out God's purpose.

They are not necessarily interchangeable and it is a misconception where they are deemed to be the same thing.

# By the way, no one is fighting battles for God. God is more than capable without assistance or help to look after Himself.

# I wish I was informed, told earlier or forewarned of hanky pankies that are now the norm, resident and endemic in church
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by christemmbassey(m): 9:57am On Feb 19, 2013
WAM?:

You have stated many truths one of which is the invasion of our faith with false hood and knowing them by their fruits but I'm sorry to say that's where that truth ends. Were we not pre informed about it in the same Word of God? Do you sincerely think that you and the whole of Africa combined can go against this false teaching? Do you sincerely think that God is in need of your help to defend a faith he created and knows its beginning and end? Do you sincerely see God's anointed ones that are performing these deliverances, miracles or preaching tithing as false teachers ?

God is the same yesterday, today and forever but the relationship he has with us is dynamic. Is it everything you practice in your Christian faith that was practiced in the bible? The bible is a guide and not a to do list. What is the ultimate goal as a Christian ? To make heaven- what is the criteria for making that holliness - what does that have to do with others?

My point exactly. It's not our job to judge or fight for our faith what makes you different ? Let God fight for himself. It is our job to strive for holliness and this is a personal walk with God. Except your a one man church you are going to be in the midst of doctrines you do not necessarily agree with- I cannot count how many times I have listened to men of God I love so much and disagreed with a couple of things they said. Hense the importance of being rooted in the word so you can sift out that which does not apply.

I would share another personal experience to buttress my point. I personally do not allow just any man of God to lay hands on me. If my spirit is not in sync with you you are not touching my head. But you would never hear me tell another not to let the man of God touch him or her. Which one is my own? Spirit is not in sync no touching moving on to the next. To drive home my point what is the end point we try to reach in proving that thiting,falling under the anointing or the preacher preaching such is wrong? How does that bring you any closer to the end goal?

Lastly we need to be careful what we say . If you are a man of God you would realize that where you were a couple of years back is not where you are. There are probably some habits that have been dropped and picked. Can you imagine being judged for what you did in the past? My point being- we are not there yet. We are all a work in progress . Even with the battle tone we are adviced to be careful lest we fall. Also remember what our righteousness looks like before God. All I am saying is to each his own- we all would give account of our actions not that of others.
my sister with love and respect i want to humbly state that this 'personal race' and stuffs like these are actually the bane of modern christianity, me, me and mine, e no concern me, na you /me and your/my God. Now my sister, if everyone else messed up and only you go heaven, you will be very happy right? Having said that, am sure you know that God created/called each man/woman for a 'PURPOSE' and NO man is without a purpose, now if you live only for urself not minding another person, i think there is a problem, its like seeing some one about tn drink water you know is poisoned and you keep quiet, when we speak out against unwholesome practices in christianity is not because we want to condemn or make another perrson look terrible, but because of our responsibilities and the tendencies of others to suffer from such activities. Some even mis-interpret this scripture -touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm, so even if a pastor is trying to seduce a sister by quoting the scrpture- "to the pure, all things are pure", i should keep quiet. Pls read Paul encounter with Peter in Gal:2:11- But when Peter was come to Antioch, i withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.....pls read up to vs15. Finally, the christian race is like two men runing away from danger, as they are runing, if one get tired and falls behhnd, the other slows down and possibly assist the his partner so that both of them can get to safety.tiths and other false doctrines are the weights that slows our brethren down, we must help them to discard such heavy weight so that they can escape the impending danger. GOD BLESS.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by christemmbassey(m): 9:57am On Feb 19, 2013
WAM?:

my sister with love and respect i want to humbly state that this 'personal race' and stuffs like these are actually the bane of modern christianity, me, me and mine, e no concern me, na you /me and your/my God. Now my sister, if everyone else messed up and only you go heaven, you will be very happy right? Having said that, am sure you know that God created/called each man/woman for a 'PURPOSE' and NO man is without a purpose, now if you live only for urself not minding another person, i think there is a problem, its like seeing some one about tn drink water you know is poisoned and you keep quiet, when we speak out against unwholesome practices in christianity is not because we want to condemn or make another perrson look terrible, but because of our responsibilities and the tendencies of others to suffer from such activities. Some even mis-interpret this scripture -touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm, so even if a pastor is trying to seduce a sister by quoting the scrpture- "to the pure, all things are pure", i should keep quiet. Pls read Paul encounter with Peter in Gal:2:11- But when Peter was come to Antioch, i withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.....pls read up to vs15. Finally, the christian race is like two men runing away from danger, as they are runing, if one get tired and falls behhnd, the other slows down and possibly assist the his partner so that both of them can get to safety.tiths and other false doctrines are the weights that slows our brethren down, we must help them to discard such heavy weight so that they can escape the impending danger. GOD BLESS.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by WAM1(f): 10:05am On Feb 19, 2013
moredendisc:

Hmmm, I can now understand where WAM is coming from and think I know what the gripe is all about

There is this thing concerning the misinterpretation or misrepresentation of "the anointing" and "the presence of God"

"The anointing" is empowerment for service or purpose

"The presence of God" is experiencing the profound communion or fellowship of God

The latter is what WAM encountered in the car listening to Kirk Franklin, an intense mental or spiritual connection with/to God

The former however is about endowing with power, giftings, equipping with skills, supplying with a talent or quality etc for services to accomplish/carry out God's purpose.

They are not necessarily interchangeable and it is a misconception where they are deemed to be the same thing.

# By the way, no one is fighting battles for God. God is more than capable without assistance or help to look after Himself.

# I wish I was informed, told earlier or forewarned of hanky pankies that are now the norm, resident and endemic in church

Lol- this is unending and again we are playing with words. I do agree with your definitions however, anointing to do the work of God is different from falling under the anointing of the Holy Spirit and those two are different from the presence of God.

We' claim in earlier posts to be defending our' faith that equates to what?

Lol about being informed you don't have to wish for what you already have :-)
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by WAM1(f): 10:31am On Feb 19, 2013
christemmbassey: my sister with love and respect i want to humbly state that this 'personal race' and stuffs like these are actually the bane of modern christianity, me, me and mine, e no concern me, na you /me and your/my God. Now my sister, if everyone else messed up and only you go heaven, you will be very happy right? Having said that, am sure you know that God created/called each man/woman for a 'PURPOSE' and NO man is without a purpose, now if you live only for urself not minding another person, i think there is a problem, its like seeing some one about tn drink water you know is poisoned and you keep quiet, when we speak out against unwholesome practices in christianity is not because we want to condemn or make another perrson look terrible, but because of our responsibilities and the tendencies of others to suffer from such activities. Some even mis-interpret this scripture -touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm, so even if a pastor is trying to seduce a sister by quoting the scrpture- "to the pure, all things are pure", i should keep quiet. Pls read Paul encounter with Peter in Gal:2:11- But when Peter was come to Antioch, i withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.....pls read up to vs15. Finally, the christian race is like two men runing away from danger, as they are runing, if one get tired and falls behhnd, the other slows down and possibly assist the his partner so that both of them can get to safety.tiths and other false doctrines are the weights that slows our brethren down, we must help them to discard such heavy weight so that they can escape the impending danger. GOD BLESS.

Haha- this is a typical example of miscommunication. But again I would clarify myself- of course I do care about the salvation of others. What was the auction giving to us - to go out there and make disciples. There is nothing wrong in correcting another brother in love' iron sharpens iron.

In the example I gave in earlier post - it was a personal believe of not allowing just anyone lay hands on me why impose my believe on another person? Jeez this is what I mean by personal relationship. What goes for me does not necessarily go for you and don't misinterpret that please. Know thy self and thy God. Take a cue from the bible Another example some people eat breakfast before service I don't - I cannot impose that on you I can only tell you the benefits I get from doing that and it's up to you to do what you want. On the other hand if you are having pre marital sex, lying stealing and doing the sorts and you are close to me - I would call you out in love but I wouldn't make you change. That's not my job I am not Jesus.

You cannot change the world by force instead let who you are speak for itself. When people see that they would be interested in knowing the wow factor in you. Words are very cheap.

Lastly speaking down on men who do more good than harm in the kingdom of God is.... Oh that man of God divorced his wife oh that woman of God cheated on her husband oh that's son of God bought a new jet oh that daughter of God did cosmetic surgery- who gives an ish- How constructive is this calling out? When the first jet plane owner was called out did the number of son of God jet holders decrease or increase? My point exactly what increased was a bunch of frustrated people taking their eyes off of what was important and focusing on vanity.

Do what your bible tells you to do, do right by all, love, go after holiness - Focus! Don't live your life based on what this or that is doing- you give account for yourself not for man of God.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by christemmbassey(m): 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
WAM?:

Haha- this is a typical example of miscommunication. But again I would clarify myself- of course I do care about the salvation of others. What was the auction giving to us - to go out there and make disciples. There is nothing wrong in correcting another brother in love' iron sharpens iron.

In the example I gave in earlier post - it was a personal believe of not allowing just anyone lay hands on me why impose my believe on another person? Jeez this is what I mean by personal relationship. What goes for me does not necessarily go for you and don't misinterpret that please. Know thy self and thy God. Take a cue from the bible Another example some people eat breakfast before service I don't - I cannot impose that on you I can only tell you the benefits I get from doing that and it's up to you to do what you want. On the other hand if you are having pre marital sex, lying stealing and doing the sorts and you are close to me - I would call you out in love but I wouldn't make you change. That's not my job I am not Jesus.

You cannot change the world by force instead let who you are speak for itself. When people see that they would be interested in knowing the wow factor in you. Words are very cheap.

Lastly speaking down on men who do more good than harm in the kingdom of God is.... Oh that man of God divorced his wife oh that woman of God cheated on her husband oh that's son of God bought a new jet oh that daughter of God did cosmetic surgery- who gives an ish- How constructive is this calling out? When the first jet plane owner was called out did the number of son of God jet holders decrease or increase? My point exactly what increased was a bunch of frustrated people taking their eyes off of what was important and focusing on vanity.

Do what your bible tells you to do, do right by all, love, go after holiness - Focus! Don't live your life based on what this or that is doing- you give account for yourself not for man of God.
if i miss- understand pls forgive me. You may be knowledgeable enough not to be affected by wrong doctrine, but what about the babies? What about 'responsibility', its a pity, am using phone and cant respond point by point. You talk about not being Jesus and the fact that you cant change another person, yes you can, yes you should and yes it is ur responsibility. John said, if there come any unto you ,and bring not this doctrine, recieve him not unto ur house, neither bid him God's speed. 2jn10(kjv). So its our responsibility to tell the truth especially when it concern the gospel of Jesus. Its just like a lawyer paid and obtain freedom for a prisoner, the police knowing very well that the prisoner is not aware of this freedom keeps the prisoner to continnusely extort money from him and you say i should keep quiet. If you dont have the knowledge, i will you excuse you, but if you do? Pls use it and help others otherwise its a waste. GOD BLESS.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by christemmbassey(m): 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
@ WAM: Jesus said-"ye are the salt of the earth" You can only understand this statement if you know the qualities of salt. One of the nost important qualities of salt is that its a 'preservative' it preserves and has ability to stop decay. So Christ saying we (his followers) are the salt of the earth, means that we are to preserve the gospel and prevent/stop the decay in christiandom, we must speak out against falsehood. I tell you the problems in Nigeria is not Gej, obj, politicianr, govts, oil/pension /bank thieves, bribery/corruption etc etc, our problems are 'PASTORS' and the church because we as salts have lost our saltiness. Nigeria will change when the church repent and change fron LOVING THE WORLD AND PURSUE THRUTH, WHEN THE CHURCH BECOME RESPONSIBLE.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by WAM1(f): 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2013
At christemmbassy ...

Lol- I don't know who you have been changing but you certainly cannot change me. You can influence my actions or beliefs which might result in a change. You preach the word the Holy Spirit does the stirring of the spirit.

Tell the young babies that God loves them and that they should have faith and wisdom which comes principally from the word of God. When they study and nurture that relationship they would experience God for who he is. It's one thing for you to go to church and hear the word it's another thing for you to study and meditate on it. Don't scare the young ones with the drama and division- we all have a common goal support that goal!

Who are you and again I ask who am I to think I can save the prisoner? Have I saved myself. I can be an instrument of peace, love,deliverance but I'm sure not the Olugbala- savior. Magnify your life and see the many imperfections before trying to perfect that of another.

What do you consider the truth? Your supposed interpretation of the word of God. Tithing is wrong, premarital sex is okay, deliverance is not needed, falling under anointing is unreal- these are some of the supposed truth that I have been reading lately- of what use is that to the baby christian that you are supposedly trying to deliver from his master? He probably would save a few bucks, get an intendee to marry' pregnant and realize oops we ain't compatible, never get delivered from forces and might not even experience the awesomeness of God. Does that sound like a recipe to making heaven or a disqualification to not making it?

There's nothing wrong in speaking up for what you believe in but don't expect everybody to go down that lane with you also do not get intimidated if they don't. Know what you believe and you better have a reason why you believe what you believe so when the tides come you remain standing. You want to spread the truth go out there and help build not bring down.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by christemmbassey(m): 12:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
WAM?:
At christemmbassy ...

Lol- I don't know who you have been changing but you certainly cannot change me. You can influence my actions or beliefs which might result in a change. You preach the word the Holy Spirit does the stirring of the spirit.

Tell the young babies that God loves them and that they should have faith and wisdom which comes principally from the word of God. When they study and nurture that relationship they would experience God for who he is. It's one thing for you to go to church and hear the word it's another thing for you to study and meditate on it. Don't scare the young ones with the drama and division- we all have a common goal support that goal!

Who are you and again I ask who am I to think I can save the prisoner? Have I saved myself. I can be an instrument of peace, love,deliverance but I'm sure not the Olugbala- savior. Magnify your life and see the many imperfections before trying to perfect that of another.

What do you consider the truth? Your supposed interpretation of the word of God. Tithing is wrong, premarital sex is okay, deliverance is not needed, falling under anointing is unreal- these are some of the supposed truth that I have been reading lately- of what use is that to the baby christian that you are supposedly trying to deliver from his master? He probably would save a few bucks, get an intendee to marry' pregnant and realize oops we ain't compatible, never get delivered from forces and might not even experience the awesomeness of God. Does that sound like a recipe to making heaven or a disqualification to not making it?

There's nothing wrong in speaking up for what you believe in but don't expect everybody to go down that lane with you also do not get intimidated if they don't. Know what you believe and you better have a reason why you believe what you believe so when the tides come you remain standing. You want to spread the truth go out there and help build not bring down.
you dont stiill understand me, well read 2tim2:4-26. If can understand this, that what i mean. God bless. Bye.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by WAM1(f): 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Okay I just read 2 Timothy and it has nothing to do with what you have said in fact we should all take a cue from that chapter and do what it really says to do.

About being the salt of the earth- did you read the whole verse ? The preceding verse esp the ones that come after it? True one of the purposes of salt is to preserve. Matt5:13- means to me my value, my worth on earth. If I/U are preservatives/ salt we prevent something from going bad - salt does not reverse the chemical reaction that has already occured/ salt does not change what has already gone bad. Just saying.

How do we be a salt/ preservative? By our actions not by words again words are cheap.

I don't care who the problems of Nigeria are ( don't misinterpret pls) everyone has problems. Fix self' then your immediate before diving into the ocean. Dishing out blames to the pastor has done no good.

In my opinion it even does more harm giving people a reason not to want to know your God. God is a God of justice and mercy let him serve it himself in the mean time lets carry out the great commission
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by jbtobsyn(m): 9:36pm On Apr 08, 2018
huxley:

Oh, yes. I saw the video many times and showed it other people. Unfortunately Hinn co-operation has claimed copyright violation and it has been taken off. It is so hard to come by a copy now. If I should I shall post the link here.
The reason the comedian didn't fall is because he has shut his heart,It doesn't work like that,u have to release yourself for God to take charge.He won't force you, it is you who will release yourself.
Re: Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? by Rainmaker69(m): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2018
huxley:
There was a video on YouTube featuring a British comedian called Ali G and the evangelical preacher Benny Hinn, in which Hinn tried to slay Ali G in the spirit right on stage in front of thousands ( now millions) . Everyone around Ali G fell to the ground except Ali G, who stood his ground. Hinn walked up to him and put his hand on G's forehead and push hard but G did not move. They were caught in a duel, with Hinn pushing and G resisting for about a minute. In the end Hinn gave up and walked away.

This was such bad publicity for the Hinn co-operation that he has had it censored from Youtube. But this was really good comedy.

Could you please post a link to a story on this. Can't seem to find any on the internet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did Abraham & Ismeal Actually Build The Kaaba As Claimed In The Qur'an? / Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? / OPINION: Violence Is Not Part Of God's Nature.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.