Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? (20197 Views)

Does A Good God Want Me In A Bad Marriage? / Photos : Meet The Little Boy Who Is Worshiped And Thought To Be A Hindu God In I / God You Are So Good, God You Are Kind, God You Are Wonderful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by alabikunlekam(m): 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
He is so good to me

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by benELOHIM7(m): 6:08pm On Jan 04, 2016
Me too cool

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by cloudgoddess(f): 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
3 million newborn babies die every year around the globe. Over 60% of Nigerians are suffering in poverty. Yes, god is so good. undecided

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by BodyKiss(m): 1:18am On Jan 05, 2016
Such thought can only emanate from people with lack of empathy.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by ivyT(f): 3:47am On Jan 05, 2016
Lets løok at it this way..if u are good/kind to somebody,the person wld return the favor (for good pple nt bad ones)..
So if u dont serve God in spirit and in truth,doing good and pleasing him,u wont be appreciative of who u are and what u have....#INoFitShout cos #MyGodHasBeenGoodToMe despite daily challenges of life.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by analice107: 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
cloudgoddess:
3 million newborn babies die every year around the globe. Over 60% of Nigerians are suffering in poverty. Yes, god is so good. undecided
Agent of Satan. Carry on with your Luciferean propaganda

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
analice107:

Indeed she is.

The Devil uses people like her to attribute what he caused to the God of all goodness. So others can be led astray.

2Tim3:13 But evil people and impostors will go from bad to worse as they deceive others and are themselves deceived.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
cloudgoddess:
God never promised a world free of suffering, He only promised to walk with us through thick and thin if we trust in Him.

I see your disbelief tilts towards emotions. God is able to heal you.

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by xerxesII: 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
analice107:
If god is cool with incest, _rape, mass murder, sexism, torture and slavery....

Why do we need satan? grin

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by ValentineMary(m): 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
ivyT:
Lets løok at it this way..if u are good/kind to somebody,the person wld return the favor (for good pple nt bad ones)..
So if u dont serve God in spirit and in truth,doing good and pleasing him,u wont be appreciative of who u are and what u have....#INoFitShout cos #MyGodHasBeenGoodToMe despite daily challenges of life.
Let us look at it this way, how would u explain the millions of children killed in the past. Were they good or bad to God? If ur God can't be good to everyone equally then he does not deserve the title 'all loving' because it only makes mockery of his nature.

And OP you did not specify which of the Gods were good to u.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by ValentineMary(m): 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
cloudgoddess:
Nice one. Pls are u female because I know very few female freethinkers.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by ivyT(f): 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
ValentineMary:

Let us look at it this way, how would u explain the millions of children killed in the past. Were they good or bad to God? If ur God can't be good to everyone equally then he does not deserve the title 'all loving' because it only makes mockery of his nature.

And OP you did not specify which of the Gods were good to u.

#ShoroNiyen

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2016
ivyT:

#ShoroNiyen
Typical.. Always running away from the truth -_- what has shoro niyen got to do with the simple question he asked?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by frank317: 9:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
analice107:

What has calling her agent of Satan got to do with this? Is she the one killing the babies? Or is she the God that allows it to happen but can stop it and does nothing? What has she done wrong?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by frank317: 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
winner01:
God never promised a world free of suffering, He only promised to walk with us through thick and thin if we trust in Him.

I see your disbelief tilts towards emotions. God is able to heal you.

Lol..your loving God created a thick and thin environment for his loving creatures. He is good indeed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2016
frank317:

Lol..your loving God created a thick and thin environment for his loving creatures. He is good indeed.
Evil manifests because man swore his alleigance to the enemy by eating the forbidden fruit (i.e Believing the devil instead of God).

But our loving God has made a provision to redeem man from this terrible mistake by sending his Son to die for our sins so that through Him we might have life and have it more abundantly.

Can you coherentely and precisely give us an account of the existence of evil.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
frank317:

What has calling her agent of Satan got to do with this? Is she the one killing the babies? Or is she the God that allows it to happen but can stop it and does nothing? What has she done wrong?
So you believe Someone is allowing it and cant stop it undecided?
Speaks volume of your reason for disbelieving.
Your emotions has gotten the better part of you frank grin.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by grad2012(f): 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2016
He so good to me too, so grateful for his luv.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by ValentineMary(m): 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
ivyT:

#ShoroNiyen
Pls speak english.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 9:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
ValentineMary:

Pls speak english.
I think you got the answer you deserve.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by ValentineMary(m): 9:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
winner01:
Evil manifests because man swore his alleigance to the enemy by eating the forbidden fruit (i.e Believing the devil instead of God).

But our loving God has made a provision to redeem man from this terrible mistake by sending his Son to die for our sins so that through Him we might have life and have it more abundantly.

Can you coherentely and precisely give us an account of the existence of evil.
So God wants to redeem us, from what exactly
Is he going to redeem us from the problem he created for us or the numerous problems he did nothing to solve?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
sylvalord:
Typical.. Always running away from the truth -_- what has shoro niyen got to do with the simple question he asked?
What is the truth? And why does he care which God she's talking about? Does he believe in any of them or is he trying to fight off his conscience? undecided
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 10:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
ValentineMary:

So God wants to redeem us, from what exactly
Is he going to redeem us from the problem he created for us or the numerous problems he did nothing to solve?
We need to get something straight before i grace you with engagement.
We know that most atheists are, mainly because of their emotions rather than logical deductions. Even though they scream otherwise.
Do you now believe in the existence of God to ask why He does what He does. I mean, someone who dosent even believe in God shouldnt ask such questions. Your questions should centre on who this God is and not what He allows or what He dosent. Lets not build on sands, lets start from the scratch.
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by dalaman: 10:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
winner01:
What is the truth? And why does he care which God she's talking about? Does he believe in any of them or is he trying to fight off his conscience? undecided

Which conscience? Are your fighting off your conscience for disbelieving in the mythology of the muslims? The way you guys reason is actually pathetic. You just keep regurgitating ancient myths and fiction you have been indoctrinated with thinking you have some special knowledge.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by dalaman: 10:07pm On Jan 05, 2016
winner01:
We need to get something straight before i grace you with engagement.
We know that most atheists are, mainly because of their emotions rather than logical deductions. Even though they scream otherwise.
Do you now believe in the existence of God to ask why He does what He does. I mean, someone who dosent even believe in God shouldnt ask such questions. Your questions should centre on who this God is and not what He allows or what He dosent. Lets not build on sands, lets start from the scratch.

God is a man made entity that is why you are here explaining to us what you think he allows and what you think he does not allow. You are not even ashamed of trying to speak for an all powerful, all knowing entity, do you know why you are speaking for such a being and not allowing him to speak for himself? It is because he is an imaginary being that you were indoctrinated with, an imaginary being that lives inside your head and the heads of other believers like you, if you were born and raised in a muslim home, Allah would have been the God you would have been preaching like the other muslims here do.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by ivyT(f): 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2016
sylvalord:

abeg park well ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
dalaman:

Which conscience?
the conscience that tells you good from bad, the conscience that makes you aware of a Creator
dalaman:

Are your fighting off your conscience for disbelieving in the mythology of the muslims?
I do not disbelieve what you talking about, allah obviously exists
dalaman:

The way you guys reason is actually pathetic.
Atheism is the belief in the inexistence of a Creator due to probably a strong evidence, bring forth your evidence lets analyze.
dalaman:

You just keep regurgitating ancient myths and diction you have been indoctrinated with thinking you have some special knowledge.
These are serious claims. Just one question, Dont you believe we were also indoctrinated with "good", considering the fact that "we" are only higher animals with no bearing, purpose or reason?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
dalaman:

God is a man made entity that is why you are here explaining to us what you think he allows and what you think he does not allow.
I would like to believe you. But you have absolutely no proof what you talking about. God wants us to know Him and make Him known. That is why you exist.
dalaman:

You are not even ashamed of trying to speak for an all powerful, all knowing entity, do you know why you are speaking for such a being and not allowing him to speak for himself?
I hope you feel the same way towards energy.
dalaman:

It is because he is an imaginary being that you were indoctrinated with, an imaginary being that lives inside your head and the heads of other believers like you, if you were born in raised in a muslim home, Allah would have been the God you would have been preaching like the other muslims here do.
If i was born into a poor family, i most likely would try to succeed in life. I wont want to remain poor all my life. Same applies to everything else. You can be born into any religion, but it is left to you to find out the truth, it is left to you to succeed.
Happy new year
Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by dalaman: 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
winner01:
the conscience that tells you good from bad, the conscience that makes you aware of a Creator

Good and bad were taught to me, it is not inert, the society I live in taught me what good and bad is. I am not aware of any creator.

I do not disbelieve what you talking about, allah obviously exists

You have meet and interacted with Allah? Can you describe to us his distinct features so that we will know it's Allah when ever we come in contact or encounter with it.

Atheism is the belief in the inexistence of a Creator due to probably a strong evidence, bring forth your evidence lets analyze.

So you have now reduced your God to only a creator? There is no evidence for a creator any where, where is your God's signature or claim of ownership in any part of nature?

These are serious claims. Just one question, Dont you believe we were also indoctrinated with "good", considering the fact that "we" are only higher animals with no bearing, purpose or reason?

I have told you that God and bad are relative terms, morality must be learned. What is the purpose of human life ? Is this purpose universally accepted? Why or why not?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by dalaman: 10:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
winner01:
I would like to believe you. But you have absolutely no proof what you talking about. God wants us to know Him and make Him known. That is why you exist.

Repeating indoctrinated claims over and over again doesn't make them true. God is a man made entity that is why no God can be shown to exist on it;s own independent of human input, humans have to write the religious stories, create the religious doctrines, build the temples for their Gods, teach others about their God and explain their God to them, spread the messages of their Gods, fight for their Gods, create cultures and traditions according to their God beliefs and on and on. Humans invent Gods and do everything for them. Please show this God of your in action on it;s own. Gods only depend on human belief, once people stop beliving in a particular God the God dies example is Ra amun the ancient God of the Egyptians, most of the Pyramids where built in his name, today no body believe in that God in Egypt. New Gods like Allah and Yahweh have taken over.

I hope you feel the same way towards energy.

What has energy got to do with anything.

If i was born into a poor family, i most likely would try to succeed in life. I wont want to remain poor all my life. Same applies to everything else. You can be born into any religion, but it is left to you to find out the truth, it is left to you to succeed.
Happy new year

cheesy Being raised in a poor family is not the same as being raised into a religious family. Its like comparing apples to stones. All religions are equally valid or invalid, your religion is true just like any other. Do not think because you were raised and indoctrinated to reason and accept a particular religion then it becomes truth over others. Your religion is as true as every other religion. Happy new year to you too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 10:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
dalaman:

Good and bad were taught to me, it is not inert, the society I live in taught me what good and bad is. I am not aware of any creator.
I wish you would probe the origination of good and bad. The same way you did your research by reading anti-god articles, do so for 'good and bad' maybe you'll have an idea what im talking about.
dalaman:

You have meet and interacted with Allah? Can you describe to us his distinct features so that we will know it's Allah when ever we come in contact or encounter with it.
Try to keep an open mind. When we talk about God and gods, we dont talk about visible beings, we talk about invisible beings who have some form of power. By asking me such questions as the above, you must have done the same for invisible entities like forces, laws etc
dalaman:

So you have now reduced your God to only a creator? There is no evidence for a creator any where, where is your God's signature or claim of ownership in any part of nature?
But there is evidence for a nothing cause? (All evidence points towards a Creator, why not be objective)
dalaman:

I have told you that God and bad are relative terms, morality must be learned. What is the purpose of human life ? Is this purpose universally accepted? Why or why not?
But 'morality is subjective', at least according to the atheist. A saying he uses to justify his evil deeds.
Can you tell us more on the origination of morality.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Just Sat And Thought About How Good God Is? by winner01(m): 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2016
dalaman:

Repeating indoctrinated claims over and over again doesn't make them true. God is a man made entity that is why no God can be shown to exist on it;s own independent of human input, humans have to write the religious stories, create the religious doctrines, build the temples for their Gods, teach others about their God and explain their God to them, spread the messages of their Gods, fight for their Gods, create cultures and traditions according to their God beliefs and on and on. Humans invent Gods and do everything for them. Please show this God of your in action on it;s own. Gods only depend on human belief, once people stop beliving in a particular God the God dies example is Ra amun the ancient God of the Egyptians, most of the Pyramids where built in his name, today no body believe in that God in Egypt. New Gods like Allah and Yahweh have taken over.
Lol.
Serious claims once again...
Even other gods existed in the Bible and were peculiar to certain countries.
But Before i level these lies, do you believe in a causeless universe?.
dalaman:

What has energy got to do with anything.
Does energy speak, how does it look?
You dont ask such questions? why?
You get my drift?
Also give a pictorial evidence of the human mind. Thanks.
dalaman:

cheesy Being raised in a poor family is not the same as being raised into a religious family. Its like comparing apples to stones. All religions are equally valid or invalid, your religion is true just like any other. Do not think because you were raised and indoctrinated to reason and accept a particular religion then it becomes truth over others. Your religion is as true as every other religion. Happy new year to you too.
You seem to be struggling with some issues, just the other day you opened a thread on how to know the true religion. Thats hypocritically contradictry to your "validity and invalidity" claims.
Where exactly did you get your facts from, what did you read, who did you ask questions, who taught you? As appealing as the answers you got from these sources might sound, they sure will have a significant effect in your life.
Being raised in a poor family and being raised into a religious family is the best analogy that depicts your claim.
How is your family?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi And Nike Adeyemi Celebrate 26th Wedding Anniversary / Falling Under Anointing - Hoax, Real Or Hypnosis? / Did Abraham & Ismeal Actually Build The Kaaba As Claimed In The Qur'an?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.