Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) (20644 Views)

Throw Back Picture Of Odimegwu Ojukwu And Wife Stella / Festus Odimegwu- Ex NPC Chairman Endorses General Buhari / Festus Odimegwu Suspended By The Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by 3ace(m): 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
This is outstanding and impressive. Nigerian public officers hardly resign from their offices. I think the last one I heard was one public servant under fashola's administration. He resigned on health grounds. This man must have resigned because of the criticism he got for telling the truth and probably he felt they might not allow him to work. He should have told the truth by making sure that these malos don't inflate the census result for their region. Not by exposing them with remarks that are condemnable. Anyway, I wish him the best in his future endeavours.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by Anniettieufia(m): 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
I hope this is front page O .
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by Sunny360: 8:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
So finally, GEJ has bowed 2d whims & caprices of d North,abi? 4d records,his replacement SHOULD still b a Southerner.!
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by gratiaeo(m): 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
Unfortunate Nigeria can not keep their best. GEJ, many reason even your brothers can not trust you.
I believe this is the same case with Nnaji

1 Like

Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by omon24(m): 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
Anniettie ufia: When was he appointed , and why did he had to wait till now before he resigned ?

They should quickly hand him over to EFCC .
That's all.
Hand him ova 2 EFCC because he dare state d obvious? I participatd fully in dat so calld 2006 census it was far frm perfection and this man dare say d truth u want him handed ova to EFCC? Ppl like u wil be d 1st to shout to high heavens dat our father's generation is bad.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by funnyx(m): 8:15pm On Oct 17, 2013
owolabifunke14: He should have stood his ground. I for once won't agree with the stats that says kano population is lager than lagos. In the other way round,he's a gentle man by resigning because nigerians I know don't ever resign

Gentleman undecided He was simply sacked by his oga at the top to pacify those that could hold him to ransom, the resignation story is just to save his face.

1 Like

Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by 3ace(m): 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
funnyx:

Gentleman undecided He was simply sacked by his oga at the top to pacify those that could hold him to ransom, the resignation story is just to save his face.
This is a sensible possibility.

2 Likes

Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by fkaz(m): 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
Fresh air tinz
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hmmmm. Sacrifice for 2015 cool
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by specco(m): 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2013
Garri the 1st: Good riddance to a loud-mouthed, chest-beating, smelly goat...

Any FOOL can say what you just said and even more. Born throw-away kid.

2 Likes

Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Onu mpama ka nwoke ha wu.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Onu mpama ka nwoke ha wu. He talks alot.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by DoffMan2: 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Until we in the south (SE and SS) learn to play the game the way these mofos have been playing it, we'll continue getting shafted by them!

The more reason why Nigeria should split so they can play the GAME to their hearts content. Imagine how smoothly thier country will run with agbadas swirling everywhere.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
3ace: This is outstanding and impressive. Nigerian public officers hardly resign from their offices. I think the last one I heard was one public servant under fashola's administration. He resigned on health grounds. This man must have resigned because of the criticism he got for telling the truth and probably he felt they might not allow him to work. He should have told the truth by making sure that these malos don't inflate the census result for their region. Not by exposing them with remarks that are condemnable. Anyway, I wish him the best in his future endeavours.
He didn't resign; he was asked to "resign" as a way of covering the shame of a sack.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by nicago: 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2013
homesteady:

Was I expecting something better from your garri infested brain undecided

Hehehehehe....just because Garri is expensive?...lol.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by danny301: 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
homesteady: Why did he resign?

He was busy running his mouth instead of planning how to conduct credible census for Nigeria and correct whatever anomaly he claimed he saw in previous exercise... People should learn to talk less and work more instead of running their mouths unnecessarily... If you don't say anything, nobody will misquote or misunderstand you.

2 Likes

Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by dayokanu(m): 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
Talking before thinking cost him his job
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by modestdude(m): 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
I have always known you Festus, you don't know when to draw the line and get into action. Reasons you fell out with Hope and Udenwa at different occasions. You are loud and blunt we know that, but atimes one needs to apply wisdom before opening his bucal cavity. I wonder how you made your first class in Chemistry. This is an opportunity for you to fix, correct and cleanse the rot in the system and write your name in gold, you just blew it off. People like me who know you knows that you didn't just resign, the cards were placed on the table for you to choose. *Smh*
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by 0monnakoda: 9:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
patriotic007: he resigned because he said the truth about the true distribution of nigerian population.How can we say that katstina is more populated than enugu or Anambra and kano is more populated than lagos?All over the world the further away from the coast the lesser the population except Nigeria for political reasons
I do not know whether Kano is more populated than Lagos but the flaw in Your logic is Apparent Most Nigerians and probably you will accept Kano is more populated that Akwa Ibom or Ondo or Bayelsa or even Rivers and probably every other COASTAL state in Nigeria. What des this do for your COASTAL theory. The fact of the matter is IT IS NOT TRUE and even if it were true there must me an EXPLANATION. Coasts are not made of HUMAN SPERMATOZOA. People do not eat sea sand.
Humn populations grow where there is economic activity an often this is by the Coast but NOT always. Rivers are important too and there are more River resources and better irrigation in Northern Nigeria than the South.
Finally what is the aaverage age of First pregnancy in Northern women compared to the south.Truth is there are so many variables

The major obstacle to the coastal theory is this in Nigeria the North is FOUR TIMES the size of the SOUTH and the population is roughly about 53/47 "officially" so the south is "more populated" it is just 1/4 the size. Nigeria is not a RECTANGLE like Togo or Benin
Finally about 80% of food production is in the North which is main determinant of population. NOT COASTS . People do not eat sea sand

4 Likes

Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by hardniola(m): 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
good one
ngozi
oduah
denzenie
to follow
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by kokoA(m): 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
That man is always intoxicated. No wonder he was MD Nig. Breweries.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by Obeyman: 9:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
Honest men never last. Is a piety for naija. I cry like a woman 4 my country. ;(
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
How do you explain the fact that Niger Republic, which is situated right above Nigeria with about 2x the landmass of Northern Nigeria, has only 18 million people?

Keep in mind that there are more incidences of drought in the North, just as we have more incidences of drought in Niger compared to Nigeria.

0monnakoda:
I do not know whether Kano is more populated than Lagos but the flaw in Your logic is Apparent Most Nigerians and probably you will accept Kano is more populated that Akwa Ibom or Ondo or Bayelsa or even Rivers and probably every other COASTAL state in Nigeria. What des this do for your COASTAL theory. The fact of the matter is IT IS NOT TRUE and even if it were true there must me an EXPLANATION. Coasts are not made of HUMAN SPERMATOZOA. People do not eat sea sand.
Humn populations grow where there is economic activity an often this is by the Coast but NOT always. Rivers are important too and there are more River resources and better irrigation in Northern Nigeria than the South.
Finally what is the aaverage age of First pregnancy in Northern women compared to the south.Truth is there are so many variables

The major obstacle to the coastal theory is this in Nigeria the North is FOUR TIMES the size of the SOUTH and the population is roughly about 53/47 "officially" so the south is "more populated" it is just 1/4 the size. Nigeria is not a RECTANGLE like Togo or Benin
Finally about 80% of food production is in the North which is main determinant of population. NOT COASTS . People do not eat sea sand
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by ACM10: 9:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
Garri the 1st: Good riddance to a loud-mouthed, chest-beating, smelly goat...
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by dayokanu(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
Cairo Mogadishu and Khartoum are in the desert and thickly populated

Phoenix is in a desert yet more populated than Any City in Florida in the rain forest
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by Obeyman: 9:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
Anniettie ufia: When was he appointed , and why did he had to wait till now before he resigned ?

They should quickly hand him over to EFCC .
That's all.
I think you are the one that deserved to be arrested by EFCC.
Re: Festus Odimegwu Resigns (Chairman Of National Population Commission) by Chartey(m): 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
No matter from which angle u look at it, the fact remains he was very unprofessional. He could have shut up and put mechanisms in place to conduct a credible 2016 census if he felt he was more competent than his predecessors.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Postponement Of Ministerial Screening Ploy To Delay Saraki’s Trial - Group / How Strange Gift Of N585m House Landed Jonathan’s Chief Of Staff In Trouble / Cash And Firearms Recovered From Justice Ademola Tendered In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.