Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Recipes For The Fruitful Home - Food (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For The Fruitful Home (48086 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / I Need Recipes For Stew, Spaghetti, Beans, Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
AlwaysTrue, welcome to the world of sesame oil. I have a small confession to make :if I'm going to a party and I know I'll eat rice, I carry a tiny container of sesame oil with me. It's pure joy over jollof or fried rice. Or yam porridge...I also make a pepper garlic sauce with it, pour it over boiled chicken or beef-yummmmmmmmmm!!!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:40am On Dec 12, 2013

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by kike100: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
this is a must try ooo, i will send my own foto soonest!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by favoredgal: 6:35pm On Dec 12, 2013
You will need
Curry powder (not ordinary curry)
Vegetable oil
Goat meat
Coconut milk
Black pepper
Onions
Ginger
Garlic
Onions
Pepper
Potatoes

Heat the vegetable oil in medium heat, add 3 table spoons of curry powder into it and fry the washed goat meat (this should be done in batches so the pot is not overcrowded) till browned then remove
Add the chopped onions and pepper into the curried pot and fry till onions is brown
Add the salt, ginger, garlic and sauté for an extra min
Put the goat meat back into the pot and add the coconut milk
Add 3 more table spoons of curry powder
Add water and cook till the goat meat is soft
Add potatoes when the meat is almost cooked and cook till the potato and the meat is cooked
Skim the layer of fat off the top of the curry

and serve with your dish of choice, mine is RICE…

*image not mine, just to give an idea of what it looks like without the water melon of course

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
@Iyabetajos LWKMD @ polishing ur engrish! As u polish am reach Ȋ̝̊̅ gats to hold dictionary to gbadun am. Bawo "grits ati acha?"

@safe, tolotolo and mosquito indeed!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
Favoured gal, thank you for the recipe. It looks really yummy. I'm officially confused as to what to make ooo
New recipe up

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/12/13/honey-balsamic-vinegar/

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Iyabetajos(f): 12:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
@LIZZYSLAW,LMAO. alafiya ma.

@Favoredgal,wow awesome.since i took in,i neva chop meat bt i mus chop today
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by okirewaju(f): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
@Dreams, am a fan of your blog and ve bookmarked almost all ur recipes and looking forward to trying them one after the other.Pls can u help me with the process of how to prepare coconut milk and coconut oil?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by favoredgal: 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Iyabetajos: @LIZZYSLAW,LMAO. alafiya ma.

@Favoredgal,wow awesome.since i took in,i neva chop meat bt i mus chop today

Ah...so im not the only one with meat aversions! Iv not eaten meat in at least 4 months
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Iyabetajos(f): 6:55am On Dec 14, 2013
favored gal:

Ah...so im not the only one with meat aversions! Iv not eaten meat in at least 4 months

MY SISTER,NT A FUNNY EXPERIENCE N DH IS A DIE HARD MEAT FAN
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:41am On Dec 14, 2013
Okirewaju, thank you, dear. This is the way I make coconut milk:
http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/09/19/coconut-flour-the-easier-way/

Per the oil, I've only made it once, and because of the tiny quantity I got, I haven't made it again. The method is used is here:
http://therenegadekitchen.com/how-to-make-coconut-milk-and-oil/

I think you get more coconut oil by first roasting your coconut flakes, then using a very good juicer to remove the oil. I've never tried it this way, but I've come across the idea on some sites.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by VENUSS(f): 8:46am On Dec 14, 2013
Hmm! Talking abt coconut oil. Why does the store boughht oil don't have that sweet taste like the home made. I once made coconut oil I felt like drinking everything; the taste, the aroma, so yummy. And the paste after you get your oil is the sweetest part, use it on your salads, bread spread etc.

But I guess it has to do with gettingg a sweet coconuut.
Xmas prep in high gear. I can't wait to taste all this delicacy apart from the goat. If you wil be serving goat on xmas day pls don't invite me ooo. Lol. Have a lovely wknd.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 11:37am On Dec 14, 2013
Venuss, ah ah, wetin the poor goat do you na? Lol.

New recipe up, for extremely juicy christmas chicken

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/12/14/juicy-roast-chicken/

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by okirewaju(f): 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2013
Dreamsinbc: Okirewaju, thank you, dear. This is the way I make coconut milk:
http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/09/19/coconut-flour-the-easier-way/

Per the oil, I've only made it once, and because of the tiny quantity I got, I haven't made it again. The method is used is here:
http://therenegadekitchen.com/how-to-make-coconut-milk-and-oil/

I think you get more coconut oil by first roasting your coconut flakes, then using a very good juicer to remove the oil. I've never tried it this way, but I've come across the idea on some sites.
Thanks a lot;working on it immediately
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Gr8fulHeart(f): 6:39pm On Dec 15, 2013
hello dreams. nice work u doinghere. ur tread is truly educating.
pls abt dis tiger nut cn u snd me d link for preparing it plss.
wats more cn ihv ur email add? tnks
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hi Gr8fulhrt, do you mean tiger nut milk? You just soak the nuts, and blend with a little water, then sieve. If you don't have a strong blender, pound first, then blend.

My email address is fruitfulkitchen@gmail.com
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hello fruitful women in the kitchen. Compliments of d season all. In this season, may we all cook our way into our dh heart's afresh and bfp in Jesus name.

@Dreams, i know i always draw u back with my village questions. Abeg no vex, what is paprika?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by jessyz(f): 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
God bless u all for such a thread. @ Venuss, how do u do ur coconut oil at home? Please share with us.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 7:04am On Dec 18, 2013
shocked Choi! This Christmas celebration go helele o! Thanks @Dreamsinbc, how are LO and DH? I dey great o, plenty to learn here. That sesame oil i dey use am wella o.

@kikeladae, I see you handwork.

@Venus I tried the tigernut with coconut, ginger and garlic. BAM! Though I think I added too much garlic for the smell ehn! How do you do your coocnut oil. Because I do not want to heat it, I tried the fermenting process and it worked well, so no heat. On the idea of the coconut cream residue thank you for that but is it the cream left after frying the coconut milk to extract the oil? In fermenting process, the cream ferments and cannot be used.

@favouredgal, thanks for that recipe. E be like say coconut no go dey miss for me kitchen.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by smiler(f): 9:12am On Dec 18, 2013
Good morning all.

@Always, how many days do you ferment for, fear no dey let me ferment o. Kindly share the process here please. Thank you.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by smiler(f): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2013
'Deemahow are you doing? I sent you an email.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
Uteh, not at all. Paprika is a spice, you can get the ordinary and smoked varieties. It's pretty easy to find in shops.

Smiler, I got the mail. For sometime, I haven't been feeling too well. Will try it out, wish I could find an eggless version. Will make this one and let you know. Will post it 2mrw, by God's grace.

AlwaysT, I'm glad you like the sesame oil. Yummm
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by smiler(f): 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
'Deema dear you are healed by the stripes of Jesus Christ in Jesus name, amen.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
My pple, how na? Sorry iv been MIA, I'm in a world of my own here o! I av 8 kids in my house, d oldest is 5+ while d youngest is 12 months plus, unfortunately, I av only one househelp, my house na sweet and wonderful chaos, dh hurried out in d morning and come in quietly in d evening, lock himself up in d room and only come out for prayers.

Hmnnnn! I'm aving fun sha o, iv been comming around to spy recipes! I shall be back sha! E ku ise o, I love and miss u all

I wil come back soon wt my coconut oil recipe, iv never bought, a dozen coconut(large) give me almost 1 bear bottle and I don't heat it
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by smiler(f): 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
Twingirls you are in training. Have fun smiley.

Please when you can do come around to share your cold press coconut oil processing.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
@Smiler,
After blending the coconut to extract the milk, put in a transparent container or glass bowl and let it stand for about an hour, then scoop out the coconut cream (the white part that seperates from the water) into another transparent/glass bowl and leave slightly covered in a warm place for 48hrs or more till you see bubbles of oil in the cream. By the third/fourth day, the cream should be fermented and becomes a thin layer while the oil would be at the bottom. Scoop away the fermeted cream and strain the oil through a cheesecloth to remove any particles/residue. Alternatively do not scoop fermented cream layer but freeze then both the cream and oil will harden or solidify and it is easier to seperate.

@twinsgirls I will like to know your method o. Happy enjoyment, I had one over some time back and if not for time and work, I try to have children over my place often. It is good preparation for ours but 8! Na patience you need o grin
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by smiler(f): 6:42am On Dec 19, 2013
@Always thank you very much. I will try it.

Good morning all, do have a blessed day.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Cocodiva: 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hello mamas,

I'm happy to report I've been indulging in these recipes and they've been wow! Thank you @dreamsinbc

@dreamsinbc, Seems the morning sickness is gradually setting in. Get well soon dear.
@twingirls, enjoy the company . Its not easy,but it'l be fun
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2013
Coco, thank youuuuu. I'm glad you make some. Which ones have you made? I love blog comments ooo grin

New recipe up
http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/12/19/chicken-soup/

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:23am On Dec 20, 2013

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
@Alwaystrue, i love this your method for coconut oil, i will try it,

@Dreams, thanks on d paprika. Maybe i will try this chicken soup for this constant headache too.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Cocodiva: 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
@ dreamsinbc, I've made several . Though I have some favourites already. Like spanish omelette , colcannon , oatmeal pancake . I love the fact that the recipes incorporate veggies and nuts into meals. More like a fun way of taking your veggies. And also using healthy ingredients in meals. Thanks again. I shall do the needful at the blog

A regular portion of fruits with each meal, balances it all!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

See The Huge Monitor Lizard My Friends Trap Caught At Their Backyard.� / Freemason Symbol On Dangote Spaghetti Wrapper? / Liberian Chef, Wonyean Gaye Set To Break Hilda Baci’s Cooking Marathon Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.