Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Recipes For The Fruitful Home - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For The Fruitful Home (47999 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / I Need Recipes For Stew, Spaghetti, Beans, Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
@Twingirls, it was lumpy. I make wheat by stirring the flour into cold water, putting on heat, letting it thicken well, then pour in some boiling water and cover to cook. I didn't know I could make amala like that. I always thought it had to be poured into boiling water o. I will try it my way and let you know. Thank you.

Per the croaker, you can go ahead. I recommended the other 2 because of higher iron content, but reading deeper now, I see that they are higher by only 1%.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by onyinyechika: 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2013
Laffs in spanish, I dint see it ooo. I really need d pt cheesy
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
Was gonna laugh in pidgin english @Dreams and Amala and say "Ȋ̝̊̅ pass u there" in sing song but since onyinyechika has laughed in spanish Ȋ̝̊̅ reserve my local laugh.

Feeling so good dt Ȋ̝̊̅ pass u there Oº°˚˚°ºh!

Dreams there was wahala wt d apple oatmeal Oº°˚˚°ºh! Do u know dt Ȋ̝̊̅ hv never really looked at the package instructions for making d quaker oats? Whn Ȋ̝̊̅ got to dt part Ȋ̝̊̅ started to sweat. cry

No be small matter Oº°˚˚°ºh! Ȋ̝̊̅ usually just put d oats into briskly boiling water leave for a few mins and add sugar and milk b4 eating wt any other thing. Walahi! See confusion. Pls tell me u did not mean d package instruction on d regular quaker oats can.

By d way, at dt point DH laugh nearly die, thinking it means Ȋ̝̊̅ am giving up. SMH it was not funny at all!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
Lol@Lizzy. Na me u dey laugh abi? Ok o. Abeg, u pass me there, no contest.

Yes, it's the directions on the regular quaker oats o. You know what, make your apple mixture first. Make your oats the way you usually do, but don't add anything. When the oats are ready, add the milk and the apple mixture. Put it back on heat for like 1 minute or 2. Ur dh was laughing at you? I'm sure it was a laugh of relief. Reload and make it again for him. If I can, I will post a step by step tomorrow.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 4:31am On Oct 20, 2013
@Dreams, Thanks jor!

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:12am On Oct 20, 2013
Decided to address this here too, for those of us who might not know the benefit of eating this way

Ok, let me try. This diet is not low fat, but it is low in BAD cholesterol. Most people don't know that there are 2 types of cholesterol:the bad and the good, ie HDL and LDL. In fact, high cholesterol levels are one of the leading causes of unexplained infertility. Also, if you've TTC for 2 years (for example), and cause of infertility is unknown or unexplained, I think it's time to change your food intake. That may well be the stumbling block.

Intact, apart from the occasional high vitamin A levels in the diet, the parsley and pineapple, this meal plan is for everyone, and as the recipes come up, the reasoning behind their inclusion in the diet will be made clear. If you look at the lists of foods that are listed for women who have endo, fibroids or pcos, you will find that NOT every meal has its nutrition. Studies have shown that starches should be avoided by these 3 groups (now, when our Nigerian meals are chockful of starches at almost every table, isn't it time to make a change?)these meals take all those into consideration and more. I've put in the time to ensure that each ingredient, each meal helps our bodies in some way

It's simple really, if you like, don't call it a diet, but something has got to give. A lot of women have used food, alongside other things to heal themselves...I think it's time we did too.

I've also already said that this should be incorporated into our lifestyles, it just makes sense. Eat well, live well, be well.

I hope I've answered everyone's questions. Like I always say, if you are still in doubt, do some research on your own to find out if and how food contributes to fertility. Don't depend on what I say (I am the same way- I always try to get corroborating evidence). The Internet is at your fingertips. Look at studies from reputable institutions. Then do the research to see whether it's safe to eat all foods when TTC.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by kike100: 11:38am On Oct 20, 2013
@dreamsinbc, am in 4 d challenge too oo but I recently learnt how to take oats hence I take the flavored ones that they sell in goodies, hope it ok ooo?
Also can I supplement basmatic rice with brown rice?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
Kike, welcome. Read the package instructions. If it's sweetened with maple syrup, that's fine, but if it's with sugar, and some funny chemicals, pls buy quaker or good morning plain oats.

You can use any white rice instead of brown, but for the purposes if this challenge, use half the amount of white rice for the stated amount of brown rice, and eat an extra serving of greens or vegetables.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Beetle: 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
Yes to croaker! Not a fan of tilapia. Just found out amaranth is ego tete. I rem how my parents used to put that on my thumb cos I used to suck on it till ehm age 14. Big big baby I was. So diet starts on the 1st by the Grace of God. Thank God!!

I'm ready for it.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by LoreTemi1(f): 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2013
@Dreams,a nice work here.I'm so so in for this.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by maymay1(f): 5:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
@dreams thanks for this fruitful diets am so in for it too
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
MamaT, sorry o, would love to post, but don't know how, i use fone to browse, can't go tru d formality of a laptop wil see wat i can do sha

Dreams, you a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ Lizy shld not throway us o, wh one is apple mixture a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ oats? No cheat o, give us all d steps, evritin D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ inside fridge, i no wetin 2 do to dem, i D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ manage wait , my patience don almost expire sef!
Dh loves dat fufu (oats, plantain flour a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ wheat) we ate it ysterday a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ today, U̶̲̥̅̊ are a genius looks so fine a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ taste as much, God bless you.

How do i use my parsley? I'm on cd7 a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ aproaching my o

Cocodiva, tanks, i stopped it already, i purged to d level of my anus comming out, it has neva hapened to me b4, I'm praying it goes I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ completely on its own. I used shake off some months ago a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ it wasn't like this, I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ fact  finished a dose of 12 packets

All weldone o, it is well
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by VENUSS(f): 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
@ dreams , you mean we go drink the broth of bone?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Mowafruitful: 8:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
@dreams,great job here,as u are using ur bfp period to help people,may u never lack helpers whenever u need one,may u carry to term and deliver safely at the right time.am in for the challenge,but cant stock some of the items,PHCN dey show us for here,pls the brown rice,is it the one with scale? Many questions bt i cant rememeber now.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
@twingirls, no kill me with laugh oooo. I just sent it to Lizzy to try it out for her hubby. I made it today, will post the recipe with pictures tomorrow. Promise!

The parsley is meant to be used in vegetable juice/smoothie. However, you just finished detoxing, so please let your body rest a little. Juice one apple (juice, don't blend) then blend the apple juice with a handful of parsley. Drink it once a day for 2 days (only 2 days because you have done serious shaking off). I'm very happy to hear you like the fufu. We love it too. Hugs!

@Mowafruitful, Amen! I don't understand your question about the brown rice o. I get what you mean about the power supply. I will post the menu soon, so you can choose what to stock per week. Take your time, when you remember the questions, feel free to ask them

@Venuss, yes o. One cup of bone broth everyday. Lol@ the broth of bone. Buy biscuit bone or cow tail (something with juicy marrow)

@iyatt, pls email me- fruitfulkitchen@gmail.com
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by uteh: 8:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
@Dreams, thanks. Pls, this tiger nut milk, how often shld dh take it? I made d milk yesterday for d first time. I bought N500 worth of d nut, i guess it was too much, cos i produced two thick big eva water bottles full from it. The problem is my dh has bn drinking it at every opportunity since yesterday to d extent he now uses it to swallow his drugs!! and he is planning to take the second bottle to work tommorrow!!!! I told him its one glass per day, but he doesnt want to hear dat. Is d rate he is taking it too much.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
@Uteh, lol @taking the second bottle to work. Let him take it. When it finishes, don't make more for about a week. When you do make more, just blend enough to fill one glass. Leave the remaining nuts soaked till you want to blend again. Remember to change the soaking water 2ce a day.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 8:26am On Oct 21, 2013
Goodmrn ladies,
@Dreams, Ȋ̝̊̅ posted ds on d TTC site. It also explains d need for a fertility diet. Hope u dn't mind. http://natural-fertility-info.com/top-10-natural-fertility-boosters.html

Waiting for d picture recipes. grin

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 8:55am On Oct 21, 2013
Awww, Liz, u r a darling. Not at all, thank you for doing the research. I'm posting it now. Will put up the link when I'm done.

@all, have a very wonderful day.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 11:21am On Oct 21, 2013
I've posted the apple oatmeal recipe ooo

thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/21/apple-oatmeal/

thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/21/sesame-oil-chicken/
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 11:43am On Oct 21, 2013
‎∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇G∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇D∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙ ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊м̤̣̲̣̥̈̇ό̲̣̣̣̥я̲̣̣̥и̲̮̣̥̅̊ɪ̣̝̇и̲̮̣̥̅̊g̲̣̣̣̥✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌⌣ all

Dreams wen do we expect it o, I'm waiting ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ breakfast recipe o, save a stomach

ΩȊ̝̊̅ℓℓ do d parsely today, iv stoped shakeoff, i only used four, i can't continue
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 11:49am On Oct 21, 2013
Ahhh! Dreams, tanks so much, I'm off 2 d kitchen. God! how i love food a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ i mean ‎∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇G∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇D∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙ healthy food, dh wil take his 2morrow, he's gone to work already, can't help dat, can i ?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Flakeey(f): 12:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
hummmm hummmm
yummmm yummmm
*licking my five fingers*
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
Twingirls, no, you can't! Pls don't kill me with laughter pleaseeeeeee

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/21/vegetable-yam/
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2013
Deema, i can't get to open dat apple oatmeal, i ended up wt my normal oatmeal pancake as breakfast,  D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ vex o!

I'm yet to get bulgur frm d market, pls help .

I intend to do fertility smoothie now, but since U̶̲̥̅̊ are yet to post any can i experiment on dis?

Radish, cucumber, carrot, spinach, cauliflower, beets, parsely a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ apple? A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ wat time of d day shld we take smoothy?

I intend to make d yam recipe 2mao, stil waiting ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ pics of dried cod a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ ukpakpa. God beautify your life as U̶̲̥̅̊ beautify my kitchen.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
Dreams, don't bother, i sent someone to Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ d sliced beans oil, she Ĵüڪ† brought it, i now see i know it, we  it apara, we don't slice it though, God bless U̶̲̥̅̊ real good
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
Eiyaaa, I don't know why the link wasn't coming up. Ahhhh, you can't open the apple oatmeal? Y na? Apara? Thank you so much, will put it up now to help others.

From my experience, you can't find bulgur in the open market. Check in big shops.

Dried cod is just dried panla (at least I know the name of that one).

Please don't use more than 3 vegetables for your smoothie.
Juice the apple, use the juice as the base. Then you can combine any 3 as you like. You can take your smoothie at any time, but take it not later than 20 minutes after making.

I LOVE oatmeal pancakes. Yummmmmmmmm!!!!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:24pm On Oct 21, 2013
@twingirls, I wonder why you couldn't access it? Where you getting error messages? Click this and see

http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/10/21/apple-oatmeal/
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
Flakeey: hummmm hummmm
yummmm yummmm
*licking my five fingers*

Flakeey, e remain five o. Lolz
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Beetle: 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hi Ladies,

My suggestion is we keep this thread strictly to Dreamsinc's post, that way posts won't get lost. I'm having to scroll through to read so as not to miss anything. What do y'll think. If we have a link or message or anything to post in this thread then do so in a separate thread and dreams will repost here.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hi all, hmmmm... I cut for una oooo!!! Sent someone to Healthplus Ikeja and she said na only one ACV remain for the entire shop, choi!!! Naim I laff say I know the People wen finish am grin, Twale for una!!! cheesy @Beetle, don't worry wen 1st November comes we weee keep quiet and follow. But for now make we yarn small abeg. I know its quite difficult to filter d koko but pls bear wit us. @Dreams darling, U need to help Us ooo!!! Some of Us that are desperate are in a new cycle and we are trying to be ahead like Twingirls. Have been able to get almost everthing. Pls how is Parsley Used? Was able to get the measuring cups (N500) and scale for food measurement (N800), Tank U. Lets Go There!!!

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:13pm On Oct 21, 2013
Yes, please Beetle, what MamaT said. I'm loving the camaraderie. Pretty please with sugar on top?

MamaT, only one bottle of acv? Na wa o. Just blend the parsley in your smoothies. Remember to use only till O.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

11k Well Spent.. / Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? / Freemason Symbol On Dangote Spaghetti Wrapper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.