Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Recipes For The Fruitful Home - Food (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipes For The Fruitful Home (48096 Views)

Best Method For Preparing Noodles.lets Exchange Recipes With(out) Pictures / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups / I Need Recipes For Stew, Spaghetti, Beans, Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by lizzyslaw(f): 10:52am On Dec 21, 2013
@All, Good day,

Ȋ̝̊̅ feel that Ȋ̝̊̅ just have to report this and give kudos where it is due. Ȋ̝̊̅ never cook for large crowds. Ȋ̝̊̅ can assist but don't and hv never done it alone. Anytime Ȋ̝̊̅ hv to host DH's friends Ȋ̝̊̅ call this caterer friend of mine over. Some weeks back, Ȋ̝̊̅ attended a 3 days convention and decided to cook throughout. Ȋ̝̊̅ also decided to cook for many and Ȋ̝̊̅ did it alone!

For 3 straight days, my food was absolutely divine. Ȋ̝̊̅ didn't feel stressed out at all. It all seemed so easy. Ȋ̝̊̅ had no fear of oversalting which Ȋ̝̊̅ used to do b4 even with small meals. My co-ordination was sometin else. Ȋ̝̊̅ seemed to have attained a level of wifeness Ȋ̝̊̅ never had b4.

Thanks Deema!

2 Likes

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
Liz, lol @ level of wifeness. grin
Coco, I love your list, especially the colcannon. Na real 'do the needful'. Lol
Uteh, try it, it helps o.

New recipe up.
http://thefruitfulkitchen./2013/12/21/broccoli-beef/

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by chiclasweet: 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
@ deams,pls is this brocolo tasty,i eye it anytime i see,it,thanks
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by chiclasweet: 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
broccoli
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
Chicla, it's as tasty as the recipe you use it in. It really soaks up sauces and spices. Otherwise, it's as tasteless as cauliflower and cabbage.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:40am On Dec 23, 2013

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by oluite(f): 12:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hello All,Compliments of the season
@Dreamsinbc
Please i wanted to try out your potatoe and beef stir fry recipe for christmas so i got all the ingredients you listed except hoisin sauce.
I searched and even triple search but couldn't find it.Please what can i use as a substitute ?
Please can anyone suggest where i can get hoisin sauce in Lagos.I got all the other spices in Shoprite Surulere. Please help a sister,i wanted to do something different for the holidays.Thanks.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hi Oluite. Do you have oyster sauce? If you don't, use the same amount of soy sauce+1 teaspoon of honey.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by oluite(f): 2:51pm On Dec 23, 2013
Thanks,i saw oyster sauce and soy sauce.I will go and get either.Thank you so very much Dreamsinbc.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by favoredgal: 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
@ dreams...kai i be bush girl o! been looking for that sesame oil in the oil section, you know where they have olive oil, veg oil, etc. iv even given up only to find it beside the oyster sauce when i went for that today cuz i want to make the brocolli beef tomorrow.

p.s i hate honey....can i skip it
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2013
Compliment of d season you all.

Iv started my xmas since 21st, was confused on wat to cook for xmas, so iv been trying almost all d. Recipees

To make coconut oil

I go for a dozen coconut, d big strong ones, remove d shell, dice, blend and filtered.

I put in a large bowl with wider top than bottom and leave for 24 hrs. By d 24th hr, the cream wld be at d top and water at d bottom. Gently scrape d cream at d top, and put in anor bowl, pour away d water of course.

U wil notice d oil settling on d cream, leave fo another 12 - 24 hours, and star separating the oil from d cream. Remove some oil, leave wen it starts packing cream, it wil settle more, go back after a few hours and remove more oil til there is non left!

Sorry it's comming late, but iv been so busy trying to give my guest (kids) treats, it's better now, cos I av some younger cousin around and wt I more kid. Dont envy me o, satisfying and settling fight between 9 kids no be joke.

Once more, merry xmas
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas my lovies!!!

thefruitfulkitchen./2013/12/24/beef-and-vegetable-fried-rice/

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by favoredgal: 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
merry Christmas to our able chef and all my sisters
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by smiler(f): 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
Merry Christmas Y'all!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by skimpychick(f): 10:14am On Dec 25, 2013
Merry xmas my wonderful sisters. @deema I don carry eye chop all d food wey dey here. I've been practicing silently .
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
Merry xmas to you all! Av a pleasant and delicious xmas
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by MyDesire01: 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
Compliments of the season everyone, been learning somuch from here, ure blessed @Dreams.

Godbless!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Pokemon43(f): 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by HawtMummie(f): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
Yipeeeeeee! We on frontpage!
Merry Xmas to y'all.
2014's gonna be loaded with exquisite dishes...kudos 2 my very own Chef. Chef dreams!
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by claremont(m): 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
Loosing weight is easy, you simply reduce your calorie intake whilst increase your level of physical activity i.e. exercise. It's not diet alone, diet wouldn't work for people who can't be bothered to go for a run or go to the gym. It's like fighting a loosing battle.

Nice food photos BTW.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by docconceptscom: 10:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
let see if anyone can do this 4 a month

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 7:50am On Dec 27, 2013
@docconcepts, if you read through, you'll find that some of us have completed the challenge. Some of us are currently doing it. The beauty of it is that it's very doable. And you can overlook the challenge, and just make the healthy recipes here.

Hawtmummie, yay for the front page. Thanks Mods!

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 10:45am On Dec 27, 2013
@Dreamsinbc,
Congrats, you hit front page! cheesy
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by chamboy(m): 10:50am On Dec 27, 2013
[size=18pt]Check @dosefruiti ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER [/size]
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by ipio(f): 10:52am On Dec 27, 2013
Merry Christmas everyone, yipeeeeee we are on front page. @Dreams, how now?
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 5:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
DRY Guys
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Alwaystrue(f): 9:35am On Jan 02, 2014
Happy New year @Dreams and all the Yummy Mummy Chefs on this thread. May this year be one where we will learn more and better ways to give our growing families healthier meals in more attractive ways.
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2014
Happy new year to you all! May God grant us all our hearth desire.

@ Deema, tanks so much, God used you to make dis festive season a delicious one in d kitchen department, it was bam, I showed skil en, and my dh was busy boasting about my kitchen skill, I do really feel like a gee! Tanks so much
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by Dreamsinbc(f): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
Happy New Year, everyone!!! Hope you had fun, and added 100kg each? LOL!

Twinnie, I know the feeling. Thank God jare!
AlwaysT, Amen!!!

New recipe up:
http://thefruitfulkitchen./2014/01/05/corn-pancakes-and-raspberry-syrup/
Re: Recipes For The Fruitful Home by twingirls: 12:00am On Jan 07, 2014
How has it been wt u all?

As for me, weightless mode activated! Deema, any tips? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

See The Huge Monitor Lizard My Friends Trap Caught At Their Backyard.� / Freemason Symbol On Dangote Spaghetti Wrapper? / Liberian Chef, Wonyean Gaye Set To Break Hilda Baci’s Cooking Marathon Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.