Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,752 members, 7,851,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456266 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
JFK12: @house,I heard one can go for an interview without sevis receipt and still get his/her visa approved,that he/she will just have to provide d receipt before picking up d visa.pls house how true is dz statement ?

If d statement is false,if sevis receipt is not up online until interview day,what shd d applicant do ?

Heard same before. But it's better to go with it

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pabloexcobar: 1:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
JFK12: @house,I heard one can go for an interview without sevis receipt and still get his/her visa approved,that he/she will just have to provide d receipt before picking up d visa.pls house how true is dz statement ?

If d statement is false,if sevis receipt is not up online until interview day,what shd d applicant do ?

D SEVIS receipt does not stop u 4rm getting ur Visa, but if u can get it b4 d interview better. At times d reciept do reflect in d consulars data base B4 u see urs. If u paid d fee 3-5 days B4 ur interview den it must ve reflected and u may probably get ur receipt.
Gud luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by yomifowe(m): 2:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hello everyone. I have a question to ask. I am going for a Masters' degree in a school in Texas. Can I use am1 outside the country (UK, US) as my sponsor.

Pls enlighten me on this and my chance of getting a visa with that.

Thanks guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
jaskinbo: Hello my people......pls can emergency date be granted for someone that recently got denied like myself?

I got my visa through an emergency date after my first denial. Yes, you can and do as jcaribie suggested.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
yomifowe: Hello everyone. I have a question to ask. I am going for a Masters' degree in a school in Texas. Can I use am1 outside the country (UK, US) as my sponsor.

Pls enlighten me on this and my chance of getting a visa with that.

Thanks guys.

That's not good. It shows no tie to Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by virgindesy(m): 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2013
my ogas, please oooo..i still need your help seriously. I cant seems find any school that offer master for HND holders. Please can anyone please recommend any good school for mi..i will really really appreciate alot. Thanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
asemota osazuwa: am a man.my uncle is d one doing the addminsion .for me,but its a different school.that i will be studying that course.

A man chose to go for a fashion studies not even after first denial with a CC admission..... That sends a clear message to even the dumbest VO at the embassy.

Tell your uncle to forget about those cheap admissions..... They will get you no visa.

He should help you with big fishes, it takes him the same effort (help).

Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 3:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
@amefrica nd excoba pablo,re u trying to say witout being able to print d sevis receipt shdnt stop one from going for the interview ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
Amefrica:

Welcome back bro!
Thanks. How's the thread going?

@all who have gotten their visas and entered the US or those who are familiar with how the SEVIS payment is made, please enlighten those who need to make sevis payment on the process. I was contacted by someone who wants me to help him make a payment (which I've stop doing because some nairalanders like to prove smart) but wants to get the receipt first before he credits or send me the money. How many of you (those who got their visas and made successful SEVIS payment) were offered such deal?
I just wanna know perhaps things might have changed after our set. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2013

Are you now convinced or still in doubt?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
imperiouxx:

That's one of the oldies. Nice to have you around.
Oga where you dey? It's been a long time. I see you're at the helm of affairs here now. Nice one. How yankee dey treat you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
virgindesy: my ogas, please oooo..i still need your help seriously. I cant seems find any school that offer master for HND holders. Please can anyone please recommend any good school for mi..i will really really appreciate alot. Thanx
Let me tell you how to go about it without experiencing a round-robin situation. First find schools that offer your course(s). Send the international student advisor an email regarding your interest in the school and tell him/her what your credentials are. For ND/HND/BSc, you might be required to evaluate your transcript to US standard through either WES.org or AACRAO or EEC or any credential evaluation agency under NACES (http://www.naces.org/). It is until then that your admission can be determined (at least this is what I've experienced with the ones i've handled in 2012 ands 2013). The most difficult aspect is the evaluation because most evaluation agencies will require the school(9ja institution) to send your transcripts directly; that is the process that takes time considering the nature and attitude of academic staffs in 9ja varsities/polytechnics.
My advice will be to first start evaluation process then we can pick it up from there. Hope this helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
JFK12: @amefrica nd excoba pablo,re u trying to say witout being able to print d sevis receipt shdnt stop one from going for the interview ?
@JFK12. It won't stop you. But of course, you won't be allowed to enter yankee without that receipt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pabloexcobar: 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
JFK12: @amefrica nd excoba pablo,re u trying to say witout being able to print d sevis receipt shdnt stop one from going for the interview ?

Bros its a big YES it doesn't stop u. But it wud be beta if u tell us ur predicament, if u have paid or not and wen u will be going 4 ur interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by virgindesy(m): 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
@nethacker thankx alot. I really appreciate. I will go to my school next week to make request of my transcrpt. I guess i will have to request for the ond as well.tnx alot. I appreciate u alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
This question goes to [b]Amefrica, imperiouxx, bigfrancis21, justwise & the rest guru's in the house. I applied for a study Visa March this year at the Abuja U.S Embassy but was denied, i re-scheduled another interview for May this time at Lagos Embassy but similar thing occurred again based on a baseless reasons though, i've never been reading through these threads before the two sad incidence. So, my question is, does age really matters for someone applying for an undergraduate programme, is previous travel experience a plus also?? Kindly help me out here....thank you ALL![/b]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
aekmanweb: This question goes to [b]Amefrica, imperiouxx, bigfrancis21, justwise & the rest guru's in the house. I applied for a study Visa March this year at the Abuja U.S Embassy but was denied, i re-scheduled another interview for May this time at Lagos Embassy but similar thing occurred again based on a baseless reasons though, i've never been reading through these threads before the two sad incidence. So, my question is, does age really matters for someone applying for an undergraduate programme, is previous travel experience a plus also?? Kindly help me out here....thank you ALL![/b]

@aekmanweb, let me start by saying that i'm sorry for the incident.So back to your question, YES age matters; No travel experience doesn't matter. If you're 28 and you claim you want to attend a college in US for a bachelors degree without post secondary education in 9ja (ND/HND/NCE et al), the probability of being denied is high. But if you have post secondary education credentials and want to apply or attend college, you can give a cogent excuse that your credentials were evaluated and it's not equivalent to US Bachelors which is why you want to obtain your bachelors. If you're above 30 and going for masters, they expect you to have work experience of at least 2 years (I never knew this before until I dated a lady here who was a VO). Some people get lucky and the VO just overlook the experience part. With that said though, please keep in mind that there are other factors too, which others like imperiouxx, OjaP et al have addressed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
nethacker:
Oga where you dey? It's been a long time. I see you're at the helm of affairs here now. Nice one. How yankee dey treat you?

You're my boss. Also Mr. Ojap.

Respect to whom respect is due. I'll always respect those respectful guys.

New Mexico is treating me fine. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
aekmanweb: This question goes to [b]Amefrica, imperiouxx, bigfrancis21, justwise & the rest guru's in the house. I applied for a study Visa March this year at the Abuja U.S Embassy but was denied, i re-scheduled another interview for May this time at Lagos Embassy but similar thing occurred again based on a baseless reasons though, i've never been reading through these threads before the two sad incidence. So, my question is, does age really matters for someone applying for an undergraduate programme, is previous travel experience a plus also?? Kindly help me out here....thank you ALL![/b]

Bro, lemme be straight with you. Age really doesn't matter when it comes to studying in US but it does if you haven't been doing any meaningful thing with ur life since you graduated high school.. When I say 'meaningful' I'm talking about attending any post secondary institution (let's say A'Level, OND).. And/Or been working etc etc
If you can show all these to the VO ur age will not count..

Travelling experience is/will never be a criteria to get VISA. It only adds to ur chances. Remember VISAs(F1) are issued on 3 reasons being fulfilled.. Which are:

Genuine student: This contains by writing standardised test(s), know abt ur school, course etc

Financially capable: you must show you have readily available funds to sponsor you in the university level. Bank statements, land docs/ proof of ownership of cars, buildings, these are optional tho. Bank statement would do

Return after studies: you must prove to the VO that you intend to come back after ur studies even if you won't. By this, you let them know ur what u intend to do after graduation and where you wish to work etc..

Hope my long epistle helps.. Goodluck in ur next interview..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
I paid somewhere RICKY introduce to me last week wednesday and up till now my receipt is not up.My interview is on monday

pablo excobar:

Bros its a big YES it doesn't stop u. But it wud be beta if u tell us ur predicament, if u have paid or not and wen u will be going 4 ur interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by adim02: 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2013
House please can any one recommend any school in US that waived tolfe or sat examination for international student.I will be grateful for quick respond
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
JFK12: I paid somewhere RICKY introduce to me last week wednesday and up till now my receipt is not up.My interview is on monday

Call them, or go to their office, I got mine the evening of the 3rd day.. I know where you talking about..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
adim02: House please can any one recommend any school in US that waived tolfe or sat examination for international student.I will be grateful for quick respond

I'd recommend you write SAT. Just 15K sir! It's gonna boost ur chances @ the embassy..

My $1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
nethacker:
Thanks. How's the thread going?

Respect to you sir.. One of this thread's great grandfather.. While I was reading the earlier parts I got to read ur posts.. I will say RESPECT! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
adim02: House please can any one recommend any school in US that waived tolfe or sat examination for international student.I will be grateful for quick respond

Even if the school waves it, be prepared to defend the reason why you didn't take it in front of the VO. Standardized tests are one part of the visa eligibility consideration. I'll advise you to do it even if you don't score high marks.

imperiouxx:

You're my boss. Also Mr. Ojap.

Respect to whom respect is due. I'll always respect those respectful guys.

New Mexico is treating me fine. Thanks
Inbox me your digits make we yarn offline about second level
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
Av called dem bro no concrete information but d guy said he will call me back

Amefrica:

Call them, or go to their office, I got mine the evening of the 3rd day.. I know where you talking about..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
JFK12: Av called dem bro no concrete information but d guy said he will call me back

Maybe they've got many payments to make.. When is ur interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
Amefrica:

Bro, lemme be straight with you. Age really doesn't matter when it comes to studying in US but it does if you haven't been doing any meaningful thing with ur life since you graduated high school.. When I say 'meaningful' I'm talking about attending any post secondary institution (let's say A'Level, OND).. And/Or been working etc etc
If you can show all these to the VO ur age will not count..

Travelling experience is/will never be a criteria to get VISA. It only adds to ur chances. Remember VISAs(F1) are issued on 3 reasons being fulfilled.. Which are:

Genuine student: This contains by writing standardised test(s), know abt ur school, course etc

Financially capable: you must show you have readily available funds to sponsor you in the university level. Bank statements, land docs/ proof of ownership of cars, buildings, these are optional tho. Bank statement would do

Return after studies: you must prove to the VO that you intend to come back after ur studies even if you won't. By this, you let them know ur what u intend to do after graduation and where you wish to work etc..

Hope my long epistle helps.. Goodluck in ur next interview..
Thanks alot, @Amefrica, @nethacker and the rest, yes i have OND...am just considering, the interval in between my academics. Let me start here, finished O'Levels '97, result incompleted at 1-seat (combined result with '99 Waec) though am thinking of using G.C.E of 2011 that i just made at a seat. Finished Diploma in Comp.Sci in 2006, and been working since then till date. What do you guys think about filling-in the academic gaps, please i need your candid advice some more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
Monday
Amefrica:

Maybe they've got many payments to make.. When is ur interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oyetpel(m): 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
hi gurus, can i fill a ds-160 form on saturday nd book appointment on a saturday?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 8:08pm On Dec 13, 2013
aekmanweb: Thanks alot, @Amefrica, @nethacker and the rest, yes i have OND...am just considering, the interval in between my academics. Let me start here, finished O'Levels '97, result incompleted at 1-seat (combined result with '99 Waec) though am thinking of using G.C.E of 2011 that i just made at a seat. Finished Diploma in Comp.Sci in 2006, and been working since then till date. What do you guys think about filling-in the academic gaps, please i need your candid advice some more.

They understand what goes on in 9ja when it comes to our education system. they know it's hard to gain admission too. I had similar situation and I told the VO then that I was teaching on a part time basis just to solidify my knowledge of a particular subject. That's me; which may totally not work for you but I'll expect you to tell them something that will make them see you as being responsible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.