Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,544 members, 7,865,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456745 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2013
I have been busy since monday sowi abt that you guyz and i miss u all.

I am saying this based on sevis fee.. If u dont pay sevis fee and u go to embassy its auto denial because before ur interview they will check if u paid or not. You can only do interview if ur payment had been received but not yet updated. I have a friend who was denied because he didnt pay sevis fee. Well i dont know if the rules don change oo but pay sevis fee before u go for interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:14pm On Dec 13, 2013
oyetpel: hi gurus, can i fill a ds-160 form on saturday nd book appointment on a saturday?

Yes u can fill ds160 on saturday and book appointment on saturday too only if dates are available for appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
@nethacker... Do u study computer science and are u a hacker cos of ur monikier?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
puppiluv: WANT TO SAY A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO Ricky,walspring and everybody that contributed to this Thread thanks so much i really appreciate your contributions
I THOUGHT I'LL BE COMING HERE TO WRITE OUT MY TESTIMONY BUT AGAINST ALL ODDS I'LL STILL HAVE THE COST TO WRITE MY VISA APPROVAL TESTIMONY.
here is how it goes:
ME: Good morning
VO: morning
VO: pass me your documents
ME; here is it
VO: WHY U GOING TO THE STATES
ME: TO STUDY MASTERS IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
VO: WHY THIS UNI
ME: UNIVERSITIES IN THE STATES ESPECIALLY UA(UNIVERSITY OF AKRON)OFFER SPECIALIZATION IN MY AREA OF INTEREST AND OFFERS MORE OF PRACTICAL WORKS WHICH DOES NOT OFFER IN NIGERIA( COULDN'T GO FURTHER HERE TOO COS I LOST CONTROL)
VO: HOW DID GET TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SCHOOL
ME: I DID AN INTENSIVE SEARCH ON THE INTERNET THROUGH USNEWS AND GRADSCHOOLS.COM AND I CAME UP WITH THIS SCH.
VO: WHEN DID U GRADUATE
ME: AUG 19 2013
VO: WHY DIDN'T YOU GO ON WITH THE BUSINESS ADMIN FOR YOUR MASTER INSTEAD OF PUBLIC ADMIN.
ME: (THIS IS WHERE I STARTED IT UP)DIDN'T EVEN REALLY REMEMBER WHAT I SAID HERE BUT I SAID SOMETHING.BUT AM SURE MY ANSWER HERE WASN'T DEEP ENOUGH.
VO: WHO IS SPONSORING YOU
ME: MY DAD
VO: SORRY BLA BLA BLA.....
ME: I MADE SURE I COLLECT MY PASSPORT SO I CAN COME WELL PREPARED.

MET ABOUT 3 OTHER F1 STUDENT TOO WHICH THEIR VISA WAS REFUSED TOO THOUGH.( no documents was asked from me or the other 3 F1 student i met there)one older man who was going for his PHD was granted visa he said something like one of his son will be getting married JAN 2nd maybe he was asked if he has any kids.

Congrat bro and lets give that thanks to God no matter the situation!!! Next year will be better than this on your behalf..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
Walspring: @nethacker... Do u study computer science and are u a hacker cos of ur monikier?
I studied computer networks and security here. i move and detect packets on the wire. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2013
nethacker:
I studied computer networks and security here. i move and detect packets on the wire. grin grin

wow nice course but i like database management. Do u study bsc and msc in obamaland?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
Walspring:

wow nice course but i like database management. Do u study bsc and msc in obamaland?

Both. But my specialty is Networks & Security (Cisco, Juniper, Aruba). DBM too is cool though. Are you here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
nethacker:
Inbox me your digits make we yarn offline about second level

Ok, thanks. PM sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:57pm On Dec 13, 2013
nethacker:

Both. But my specialty is Networks & Security (Cisco, Juniper, Aruba). DBM too is cool though. Are you here?

Thats good.. I will be there by 2014 by God's special grace to study CS and specialize in DBM. Which state is ur school located?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ProfEnny(f): 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hello house, I just got an MS admit with a fair enough tuition waiver from my dream school today after they took like forever to decide on admitting me. Meanwhile, I'd already scheduled a december appointment which sadly I missed and rescheduled a January appointment with the sevis from another school. Can it ever be possible for me to change my sevis information and school choice on my ds160? Paid my service in early November. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nethacker(m): 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
Walspring:

Thats good.. I will be there by 2014 by God's special grace to study CS and specialize in DBM. Which state is ur school located?
Maryland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
Prof Enny: Hello house, I just got an MS admit with a fair enough tuition waiver from my dream school today after they took like forever to decide on admitting me. Meanwhile, I'd already scheduled a december appointment which sadly I missed and rescheduled a January appointment with the sevis from another school. Can it ever be possible for me to change my sevis information and school choice on my ds160? Paid my service in early November. Thanks.

Bro fill new ds160 and update your profile from the appointment site with your new ds160 bar code. Also transfer your sevis fee from you old sevis number to new sevis number by sending email to ICE/DHS

EDITTED...

Put Fee Transfer in the subject line of your request. Give us your name, date of birth, the SEVIS ID number that you originally paid on and the SEVIS ID number you want to transfer the payment to, as well as a current valid address

Explain why the fee needs to be transferred. It will help speed your request if you include a copy of your receipt number. Include information on how to contact you if there are any questions.

SEVP will review your request and determine if the fee can be transferred. If your request is approved, you will receive an email or letter indicating that you can now print your updated I-901 payment confirmation at www.fmjfee.com reflecting the SEVIS ID from your new Form I-20

Also open the link below for more information;

http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/faq7.htm#_Toc81222150

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:21pm On Dec 13, 2013
nethacker:
Maryland.

Okay bro!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
FutureDon: @idalex

I have replied your email explicitly in case you haven't checked.

ok thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumuyiwaahmadu: 11:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
Amefrica:

Send empty mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com you will receive links to download materials.
I had sent d empty mail but yet to receive d link for d download. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 14, 2013
olumuyiwaahmadu:
I had sent d empty mail but yet to receive d link for d download. Thank you

Try it again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:31am On Dec 14, 2013
Prof Enny: Hello house, I just got an MS admit with a fair enough tuition waiver from my dream school today after they took like forever to decide on admitting me. Meanwhile, I'd already scheduled a december appointment which sadly I missed and rescheduled a January appointment with the sevis from another school. Can it ever be possible for me to change my sevis information and school choice on my ds160? Paid my service in early November. Thanks.

Prof Eni,

Yes changing sevis on DS160 is possible but transferring sevis payment to another is almost late now, except you like to go to the embassy with an unpaid sevis fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ProfEnny(f): 1:47am On Dec 14, 2013
Walspring:

Bro fill new ds160 and update your profile from the appointment site with your new ds160 bar code. Also transfer your sevis fee from you old sevis number to new sevis number by sending email to ICE/DHS

EDITTED...

Put Fee Transfer in the subject line of your request. Give us your name, date of birth, the SEVIS ID number that you originally paid on and the SEVIS ID number you want to transfer the payment to, as well as a current valid address

Explain why the fee needs to be transferred. It will help speed your request if you include a copy of your receipt number. Include information on how to contact you if there are any questions.

SEVP will review your request and determine if the fee can be transferred. If your request is approved, you will receive an email or letter indicating that you can now print your updated I-901 payment confirmation at www.fmjfee.com reflecting the SEVIS ID from your new Form I-20

Choi! Talk about long thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ProfEnny(f): 1:49am On Dec 14, 2013
Walspring:

EDITTED...

Choi! Talk about long thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ProfEnny(f): 2:10am On Dec 14, 2013
imperiouxx:

Prof Eni,

Yes changing sevis on DS160 is possible but transferring sevis payment to another is almost late now, except you like to go to the embassy with an unpaid sevis fee.

Dunno if doing mother christmas for DHS by making another payment and filling another ds160 can help my case. What do you think? My name popping up twice in their computer doesn't sound so cool to me especially when I'm still scolding myself for not showing up for my initial appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Snazzygirl: 5:13am On Dec 14, 2013
Hello Peeps, anybody in Nebraska?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by justwise(m): 7:29am On Dec 14, 2013
@virgindesy

Dropping your contact details here will do you no good, don't be selfish, ask your question here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ctemi(f): 7:33am On Dec 14, 2013
Justwise,pls I need process on hw to apply for skul in US,kindly send me website of skul in US and as an HND holder which program can I put in for

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 7:40am On Dec 14, 2013
Damn, I feel like a stranger here. kiss glad for the pace and success stories.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 7:47am On Dec 14, 2013
Ctemi: Justwise,pls I need process on hw to apply for skul in US,kindly send me website of skul in US and as an HND holder which program can I put in for

Glad you are here. Try and read through from page one of this thread. That should be enough for you to know the process.

On choice of school? No soul will do that for you. You know what you want. But I can help you. Visit this site: www.google.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by asemotaosazuwa(m): 7:58am On Dec 14, 2013
hi house.i paid for sevis when i booked for appointment in august this year.and i have booked again..am i going to pay another sevis fee?.or is there anyhow they can do it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2013
asemota osazuwa: hi house.i paid for sevis when i booked for appointment in august this year.and i have booked again..am i going to pay another sevis fee?.or is there anyhow they can do it?

SEVIS fee is valid for a year. If you go to the embassy 20 times(God forbid) within a year, you won't av to pay the fee. You only get to pay VISA fee.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 14, 2013
Walspring:

Okay bro!!

I know this may be totally off and everything, but I'm just curious. Why the double exclamation marks?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by asemotaosazuwa(m): 8:52am On Dec 14, 2013
..thanks alot.....pls were is the lagos state counsolar located.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 14, 2013
asemota osazuwa: ..thanks alot.....pls were is the lagos state counsolar located.

Victoria Island
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 14, 2013
dolapobello1:

I know this may be totally off and everything, but I'm just curious. Why the double exclamation marks?

Doesn't matter bro! This is a public forum, informal typing/writing is allowed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by asemotaosazuwa(m): 9:20am On Dec 14, 2013
that
means me staying in badagry.will have to book an hotel.close.to d
place.....am just feeling shy to meet all dis vo again....

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.