Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,019 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454800 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
Idazbawz: tnx blood... Ah appreciate!

My pleasure! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFdENIGMA: 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
Graviton v.2.0.:
want to hide something from a Nigerian? Put it in a big book grin even me self give up

Pardon my bad behavior broda...next time I go make am small..hmn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
JFdENIGMA:

Na d fastest way to read am b dat broda..lol

grin grin Maybe! grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFdENIGMA: 8:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
I like ur scanner oh...hapi nw yr broda
technolee:
Laffs. As for me, I read and read till I started scanning for d ones wey go sweet my belle!. Happy New Year in advance my e-family. @Ibadan boi, you are a hot cake now ooo. See as babes dey fight over you!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFdENIGMA: 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
I don read many ricky post b4. e like long thing, lol. na im we dey try b like. bt haba u 2hash 4ur guy oh
Ricky Rozay:

Why u go read am finish, when dem no dey talk about woman. Lol! If na woman the guy dey talk about in that long post, I sure say u go read am from beginning to the End without missing out a single line, even to the extent say u go dey wish the tin get Part 5 self. Looool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2013
JFdENIGMA: I don read many ricky post b4. e like long thing, lol. na im we dey try b like. bt haba u 2hash 4ur guy oh

Leave am nah, him balls dey my hand. If he talk again, i go use dem play tennis. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 8:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
foohard:

Very nice city.. Not in winter though cos its too cold and windy. Where are u presently?
Dallas but heading to Cali in a weeks time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
Amefrica:

Na everywhere you wan visit for US? Abeg, come visit Minnesota make cold knock ur teeth out.. grin
will surely come there bro to visit u n ricky, are you happy now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFdENIGMA: 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
O boy in less than ,2 publications and one more in the waiting as first author. I trust 9ja boys. Your profile done dey run like the chinko tuf guys own ooh.

For RR you go fear na im neva show e don register e name already na star US dey see so.

On the $$ ur digits many oh. I guess FBI gat dey monitor ur raid oooh. lol. The money go come we go figure that out well within the limit of the law.

Kudos on your exploits we gat kill goat for u oh!

Yeah, true that is the spirit. I believe giving the right system and with diligence on our part we can achieve a lot. That is why I am happy for all those that are there now or leaving for their MS. The sky is the limit as they hit the state silly.
imperiouxx:

This is a lovely write up to gear us up but it only addresses the minority. For someone to aspire going for a higher learning I believe such person knows and possesses what it takes. As an example, I spent all the days of my life in my graduate studies on my research. I embraced it with full love like I would do for my life. Well, it pays off, I've collaborated with some members and my professor to published two articles in American protein expression and purification journal.

My thesis was about a new method of evolving highly specificity proteins such as demanded in pharmaceutical and disease related research. When we were submitting the thesis to the graduate school, my supervisor asked that only the topic and the abstract should be published online in the name of the school but not the whole thesis. Why? Because he doesn't want to give out our ideas on what I've done to achieved the increase in binding specificity of the signaling protein (SH3 domain) we focused on. And guess what, he has a big paper coming out on that soon with my name as the main author then his....... his way of getting parts of his money spent on me back cheesy

These are parts of what it takes. Any school I get into later on will only use me to achieve success because when it comes to science and research...... I do it sedulously and wholeheartedly. Though they gonna pay for using my brain and energy. cheesy

Science is in the heart and never in the head.

My name or face may not be in the dailies like that of my brother RR but I'm sure I'm going places in my own kingdom with my well-horned skills in mutagenesis and characterization of protein, and I'm hoping to sharpen the skills more to a professional level someday.... So help me God!

The only thing I'm scared of now is the love of $$$$$$$$$$$ like a phone number cry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
kunlebal:
will surely come there bro to visit u n ricky, are you happy now

We gonna be glad to host you bro! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
JFdENIGMA: O boy in less than ,2 publications and one more in the waiting as first author. I trust 9ja boys. Your profile done dey run like the chinko tuf guys own ooh.

For RR you go fear na im neva show e don register e name already na star US dey see so.

On the $$ ur digits many oh. I guess FBI gat dey monitor ur raid oooh. lol. The money go come we go figure that out well within the limit of the law.

Kudos on your exploits we gat kill goat for u oh!

Yeah, true that is the spirit. I believe giving the right system and with diligence on our part we can achieve a lot. That is why I am happy for all those that are there now or leaving for their MS. The sky is the limit as they hit the state silly.

The power behind that was my supervisor. He's hardworking and always tasks us. He wrote everything, yours is to work including on weekend. The one I will author will be in 2015 when more data is collected, my MS thesis write up will be used in it. I started the work and have optimized all the methods for those coming next to play with.

My BS supervisor (in Nigeria) will to be sued one day. She lifted and submitted my project write up and that of 2 other colleagues as her research work. She got credits from it despite the fact that it was our money we used for the experiments. She put her and her hubby names (we paid him for the equipment used in the State Hospital in Ado-Ekiti) as the authors but only acknowledged my name and the other ladies' names as the contributors in the acknowledgement section.... only in Nigeria such is done angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by foohard: 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
JFdENIGMA: You are all aware that a person’s overall profile is what they reviewed as a total package when you do your application in. This is my little token contribution on research angle of admission to this wonderful thread. At first, I thought it will be going for just a few. I mean with bias for PhD prospective. But after second thought, I have found out that it will do almost everyone good as every faculty somehow have a serious thing for research- they think, say, breath and eat it! It is everything to almost every one of them. So, it is not difficult for you to see a measure of obsession with research in these Professors. Come to think of it, Universities cum Professors are awarded huge sum of money by Government, private bodies and individuals largely for this purpose. They push to make their system research driven as much as possible. I am aware that for undergraduates it is not so important in gaining admission. Well, in the long run it is good for all.

Thanks for the advise

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by foohard: 9:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
kunlebal:
Dallas but heading to Cali in a weeks time

Enjoy! I hope to move to cali after my program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
foohard:

Thanks for the advise

Brother, abeg edit that post. E too long

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by foohard: 10:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
Amefrica:

Brother, abeg edit that post. E too long

Thanks!

done sir...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 10:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
foohard:

Enjoy! I hope to move to cali after my program
That cool but i was told Cali is very expensive, my head still dey spin for now cos of it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
foohard:

done sir...

Yessir! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 11:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR MY PEOPLE, 2014 WILL BRING MORE SUCCESS STORIES IN THE MIGHTY OF JESUS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Babalola1990: 11:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
An urgent one please. How do I book an a flight reservation without paying? .. A guided illustration is need ASAP. Thanks brethren.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 01, 2014
Babalola1990: An urgent one please. How do I book an a flight reservation without paying? .. A guided illustration is need ASAP. Thanks brethren.

Try www.fly4emirates.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 01, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR BELOVEDS!! Nice seeing y'all in 2014..

Success stories flowing in from 2moro henceforth.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Babalola1990: 12:32am On Jan 01, 2014
Amefrica:

Try www.fly4emirates.com
Roger that Bro! I'll check it out ASAP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MrChris1(m): 1:01am On Jan 01, 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL. WISH YOU ALL THE BEST THIS 2014!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 2:27am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year Folks....This year ehn Visa for flow for ground like water for we all...cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by babysimzy(f): 3:35am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year...happy new month....happy new life ....congrats, we made it to 2014. As from this moment on, all our efforts will be crowned with success, we would all be celebrated throughout this year. Amen I welcome everyone to our year of unlimited Joy. Happy new year cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:52am On Jan 01, 2014
babysimzy: Happy new year...happy new month....happy new life ....congrats, we made it to 2014. As from this moment on, all our efforts will be crowned with success, we would all be celebrated throughout this year. Amen I welcome everyone to our year of unlimited Joy. Happy new year cool

Happy New Year to you dear!

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by foohard: 6:01am On Jan 01, 2014
kunlebal:
That cool but i was told Cali is very expensive, my head still dey spin for now cos of it

There are lot of IT jobs and the weather is fair as against chicago.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:01am On Jan 01, 2014
Hello members,

I humbly wish to inform my able members here that I arrived safely in the United states. I'm currently in Maryland.

My journey was fun. I flew from Lagos to Dubai, Dubai to JFK and from JFK to Baltimore, MD. Left Lagos by 3pm on sunday, Nigerian time and arrived Dubai at 1.10am(Dubai time) in the midnight. Boarded immediately for New york around 2.20am. The plane didn't leave until 4am due to some passengers who didn't show up for the flight at the last minute. Their bags had to be located and brought out. Arrived New york at 9.30am(US time or 3.30pm Nigerian time) on monday. My connecting flight to Maryland was until 7pm. That's close to 10 hours waiting time. Woosh! I passed through US immigrations and didn't spend up to 2 minutes at the entrance and exit counters. My aunts keep commenting on how easily I passed through there and how they didn't even search my 2 luggages as it always is with them. Its the power of Providence, I suppose.

I must really comment on the excellent and highly commendable flight services by Emirates. The courteousness of their staff, and their commendable in-flight services(food, drinks, comfort etc), together with their in-flight entertainment(tv screen, movie watching, game playing, in-plane calling emailing, and texting) are extremely laudable. There are even charging and USB ports in the airplane. I immediately brought out my laptop and charged it to a 100% battery full. cheesy I also charged my blackberry phone too, using the USB port. I definitely knew I was going to need the phone during my 10-hour wait to my Baltimore flight.

When I was at JFK, I had the chance of taking the elevator to the 4th floor where Emirates office is located in order to re-confirm my last flight to Baltimore and I passed through the 3rd floor where the train station is, which one of our members talked about few months ago in her experience at JFK. I remembered it and couldn't help laughing. The airport is warm and isn't much cold but I decided to step outside, and when I did, OMG. The first cold air that fell on me was daunting. Geez. Infact my eyes became wet immediately, with haze sort of. I couldn't see clearly again. I took a walk round the taxi parking terminal and went back inside the airport. I was actually looking for where to make a phone call to tell my peeps back home that I had arrived JFK. It was a nice lady at a store at the airport who I walked up to and explained my situation to that understood me and adviced me to buy a $10 calling card and use on a payphone to make calls. Yayy! I was so relieved. After walking close to 10 minutes inside and outside JFk looking for where to make a call. Pheeew!

I noticed that while throughout the time I was in the airplane, at Dubai, airplane again and at JFK I could still receive text messages, check airtime balance and make calls on my MTN line. I'm impressed. Even right now even as I write, I received many happy new year text messages on my mobile even though my network name is displaying 'AT&T'. It displayed 'du' while I was at Dubai. I even recharged some credit on my phone this morning and it went. I check my airtime balance and it replies me. Impressive. But I'll have to get an american line though because calling, texting and receiving calls on this line is very expensive. I sent a text to my brother this morning and N100 was zapped immediately from my phone. shocked A text costs N100 and you're also charged when you receive a call. My cousin called me from Nigeria this morning for only 6 seconds and N200 was also zapped again, just like that. shocked

The waiting time at JFK was one of the longest and uneventful times of my life. I was very relaxed anyway. I plugged in my earphones and listened to the Nigerian jams on my phone. I even brought out my laptop from my hand luggage and watched movies for 2 hours, after which I slept off for an hour. And then at around 6pm I was woken up suddenly like somebody touched me but when I looked around I didn't see anybody sitting close to me or around me. I immediately took that as a providential sign to get going(even though boarding was to start much later at 7.15pm as written on my boarding pass) to terminal 2, gate 18, where my last flight was boarding at. And on getting there I joined the queue. Barely 3 minutes later, they door to where we stood in the queue was closed. If I had delayed a little longer I would probably have missed my flight. That's when I confirmed again that God was really with me.

I finally arrived Maryland and I felt like I was home. My aunt who came to pick me up from the airport brought food, drinks and water with her for me. And I ate like a baby on our drive back home. cheesy The beauty and awe of America is much more than I can write about. For those yet to come, I'll only say wait till you get here and then see for yourself. This morning I was using the landline to make some calls and mistakingly dialled a contact which my aunt saved under 'A'. Lol. It was 911 she saved with A in case of emergency. I didn't even know sef. I saw the contact dialling and I cut it. Few seconds later they called back themselves saying I called and cut. cheesy I didn't even know it was them I dialled sef. I then explained it was a mistake. They still insisted they'd come and ensure I'm ok. In less than 5 minutes, a police officer(a chinese american) in his white beautiful car was already at my doorstep! cheesy. Wow. See efficiency and security alertness. I was so impressed. We talked for like 30 seconds and he zoomed off back to his office.

US is really an advanced country. Nigeria still has a lot to catch up with. cool

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:04am On Jan 01, 2014
I saw Bodeplot at the airport but that time I was so busy with checking-in and trying to work on my 47kg load of 1 bag. cheesy We didn't have much time to discuss.

I didn't have the chance of seeing babsharon who also left the same day too.

Hoping to have my brother from another mother, Oba Jamie, in no time soon, and another brother who's going to the same school with me and the same department and course over too. A first class material. A genius in the making. Chijioke you know yourself. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:09am On Jan 01, 2014
kunlebal: sup house, this is to inform you guys that i landed safely in Dallas yesterday evening, been busy settling in and i have not been able to buy a phone n sim but will do that later tomorrow. for francis n babsharon i wish you guys safe trip

Thanks man. And welcome to America!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:10am On Jan 01, 2014
kofsy: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Francis is on the move grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wishing you a safe trip bro wink

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:10am On Jan 01, 2014
bodeplot: @All..how is every one doing? Testing my wifi here ooo....Bigfrancis I see u,where u dey

I'm right here man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.