Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,518 members, 7,854,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456346 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 8:18am On Jun 30, 2014
olumide098: My appointment was exactly 6.30 am, Believe me that i was unable to sleep all through the night because i still believe that am not fully prepare especially when NL was completely down for 3 days to my interview date. Just arranging my files and documents. I took a taxi from Lekki down to Water Carrington, but unfortunately the Cab took me down to the venue and along the line he was arrested which i felt so bad. i waited and i gave him small amount of money so that the man wont curse me. exactly 7 am. they started arranging us. i quickly join the queue and i chose number 5. they now arrange the number in series..meaning you will definitely know where your digit gonna fall. i knew that counter 1 will definitely get to my turn coz it started from 001 to 005, She refused 001-003 and approve 004 which happened to be a guy from Nairaland......here it goes...I quickly sat at the back to ease tension coz facing the VO directly atimes can bring pressure...

Me: Good morning Madam
Vo: Good morning, put your finger on the machine which i did. the first question she asked.....
Vo: Why the school? Apart from the unique tradition excellence of the school since 1898....Vo cut in and said am saying nonsense that she couldn't comprehend what am trying to tell her ooo...she reframe the question again

Thanks to Almighty God for the success story, I will always be grateful to Anthony mighty, Amefrica, i-pledge, slimmy,c-temi, Joseph adeyeye for the wonderful prayer, bimbola098, Walspring, Rasheed,streetmic etc for their support in actualizin my Dream...May Almighty God bless all of you for me.

@ first bolded still making me laugh since when you told me on fone till now. cheesy

@Second, you are still saying nonsense. grin

Welcome on board aburo tongue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 8:21am On Jun 30, 2014
bimbola85:

@ first bolded still making me laugh since when you told me on fone till now. cheesy

@Second, you are still saying nonsense. grin

Welcome on board aburo tongue.

You are not serious ooo....error of the hands..na bimbola85....when are u travelling? looking for travelling mate abeg...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 8:55am On Jun 30, 2014
olumide098: My appointment was exactly 6.30 am, Believe me that i was unable to sleep all through the night because i still believe that am not fully prepare especially when NL was completely down for 3 days to my interview date. Just arranging my files and documents. I took a taxi from Lekki down to Water Carrington, but unfortunately the Cab took me down to the venue and along the line he was arrested which i felt so bad. i waited and i gave him small amount of money so that the man wont curse me. exactly 7 am. they started arranging us. i quickly join the queue and i chose number 5. they now arrange the number in series..meaning you will definitely know where your digit gonna fall. i knew that counter 1 will definitely get to my turn coz it started from 001 to 005, She refused 001-003 and approve 004 which happened to be a guy from Nairaland......here it goes...I quickly sat at the back to ease tension coz facing the VO directly atimes can bring pressure...

Vo: Good morning, put your finger on the machine which i did. the first question she asked.....
Vo: Why the school? Apart from the unique tradition excellence of the school since 1898....Vo cut in and said am saying nonsense that she couldn't comprehend what am trying to tell her ooo...she reframe the question again
Vo-Why did you choose this school? what inspire you? Me-I told her sharply that, the school was highly ranked by Usnews and world report to be among the 49 best national universities, The faculty ratio is 13:1 which will facilitate easy access to lecturer to discuss and brainstorm on some difficult courses, Also have spoken with Professor Joseph Griffin which have read his journal publication title" Managing life cycle of a project" which encompasses cost of execution of projects, method of reporting and metrics adopted to excel in project managing. ( she gave me quality time to express my points)
Vo-why this course project management? Me-When i come back to Nigeria, it has been detailed in my study leave letter that after the completion of my program that i will be implementation manager overseeing Airtel Account, Mtn Account, Globalcom Account.....Vo cut in? Please what did you study in your undergraduate? I quickly said Bsc in Accounting? why project management ? Ma, having elementary background from Accounting perspective, in the area of finances, Project Mgt will assist me to be proactive in the area of monitoring projects end to end, calculating risk involves on embarking on such projects and finally it will assist me to adopt metrics in the execution of projects. (Note always make reference to your course contents, it will assist you to talk more.......
Vo- When did you finished your Degree? 2009, Vo-which school? University of ilorin, Vo- what have you been doing since 2009? i can see her face on her computer looking at my ds160...Me- i served at PH as an Account officer in bursary dept, 2010-2011 i worked with mbhs and also worked with Aklab international services....vo asked which year? i said Jan-May 2012. Vo-when did you joined your present company. Me- I joined my company June 6 2012 as a commercial manager, 2 years ma. Vo- what are your duties? Me- i detailed out the whole 5 i filled on my ds160
Vo- Are you sponsoring yourself? Me- No my dad
Vo- what does he do? He retired from NNPC as a senior manager and now owns oil and gas company
Vo- who are his client? Oando, Zenon, Majok etc
Vo- How do you intend paying for your school tuition fee because this school is highly expensive? yes i know, but the quality of education there too is on the high side that will boost my career in life, meanwhile am working as well and i earned lucrative salary to support my dad
Vo- how many are you in your family? just three Ma, what is your position? last born. what about the remaining two of your brothers? one worked with NNPC as a field Engineer while the other one worked with Airtel Nigeria.
Vo- Is this the only school you apply to? No Madam, I applied to 4 schools, Vo-name them...Me...Troy University, Saint Joseph and MSU.
she brought out a white paper and circle it that go to this address and pick up your Visa.

Note: Secret about my success story today....do not be in haste in filling your ds160, choose course you can defend and talk more about it. always be at alert in answering VO and applying brian in every question atleast to show VO that you have nothing to do in USA than to school and come back home to Nigeria. Put God first, fast and always observe who you discuss your awaiting success with.
During your discussion with VO, if there is a need to express what can boost your chances pls make it know to them, do not present documents unnecessary, they believe in eyes contact and boldness. go to the embassy with indifference mind and ease your mind. Be bold, be confident in yourself and be vigilant. Only documents i presented to her was just my GRE..she didnt asked for it but i just feel like showing her coz i was like why this woman didnt demand for any documents, meanwhile she requested from those 3 ladies.
Thanks to Almighty God for the success story, I will always be grateful to Anthony mighty, Amefrica, i-pledge, slimmy,c-temi, Joseph adeyeye for the wonderful prayer, bimbola098, Walspring, Rasheed,streetmic etc for their support in actualizin my Dream...May Almighty God bless all of you for me.

Congratulations Bro!!! More Success Stories GOD's Grace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 9:22am On Jun 30, 2014
Oga Olu congrat, if u bin no get d visa approval I for just rest for d Yankee matter...nice answers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:27am On Jun 30, 2014
Congrats bro.. Enjoy Obamaland..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by coobboy(m): 9:34am On Jun 30, 2014
Congrats olumide098...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 9:35am On Jun 30, 2014
olumide098:

You are not serious ooo....error of the hands..na bimbola85....when are u travelling? looking for travelling mate abeg...

Bobo,me never know ooooo. smiley

We go chat on bbm bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:27am On Jun 30, 2014
juntod:

I know that one too. The one I am explaining here takes small of your Mb only for US and maybe Canada as well. So, its the same thing. You only have to pay few cents when calling Naija.

There are a lot of brands on that site, it is a bit confusing. I want to download the app on my Dad's phone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:29am On Jun 30, 2014
exxy:

Guys, there is another app called MAGIC JACK to make calls to the US and Canada only and it's with your MB, it takes only small amount of your Mb when u call. download then register it with ur email and enjoy !!! That's all u need to do ...

Give me an estimate of the data used for a 30minute call. I use Skype from time to time, I use about 19mb for a 16minute video call.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:30am On Jun 30, 2014
Congratulations, Olumide. Praise God! Welcome to the league!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaadx(m): 10:52am On Jun 30, 2014
thanks man, @ juntod but i only apply to a school and i was admitted if i say two hope they can't confirm it ?
Xron i wanna go for undergradute program for summer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2014
jaadx: thanks man, @ juntod but i only apply to a school and i was admitted if i say two hope they can't confirm it ?
Xron i wanna go for undergradute program for summer
Whats the name of the school you applied to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Give me an estimate of the data used for a 30minute call. I use Skype from time to time, I use about 19mb for a 16minute video call.
I usually subscribe for 10G data for my phone and I skype alot. How do you calculate MB per min?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:38am On Jun 30, 2014
slimmy05: I usually subscribe for 10G data for my phone and I skype alot. How do you calculate MB per min?

Use my data manager app for android. It keeps track of how much data you use in a given time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 11:43am On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:
Congratulations, Olumide. Praise God! Welcome to the league!

thanks so much broda..how far have you booked flight now..looking for someone going around August 19-August 30 whether we fit travel together...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:49am On Jun 30, 2014
olumide098:

thanks so much broda..how far have you booked flight now..looking for someone going around August 19-August 30 whether we fit travel together...

I wanted to book for July 22nd due to my school's orientation exercise, but I've changed my mind. I'm also looking at August now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaadx(m): 11:49am On Jun 30, 2014
slimmy05: Whats the name of the school you applied to?

i applied to West virginia uni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 11:51am On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I wanted to book for July 22nd due to my school's orientation exercise, but I've changed my mind. I'm also looking at August now.

like what time that will be for August..towards ending or what.....if yes then let fly together to new york city nah..send out ur bb pin or wats app pin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 11:57am On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I make calls for 2 hours for just 30mb. google the app and download it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 11:59am On Jun 30, 2014
olumide098: My appointment was exactly 6.30 am, Believe me that i was unable to sleep all through the night because i still believe that am not fully prepare (everyman feels that dose of fear in the face of challenge, even the most prepared) especially when NL was completely down for 3 days to my interview date.
Vo-Why did you choose this school? what inspire you? Me-I told her sharply that, the school was highly ranked by Usnews and world report to be among the 49 best national universities, The faculty ratio is 13:1 which will facilitate easy access to lecturer to discuss and brainstorm on some difficult courses, Also have spoken with Professor Joseph Griffin which have read his journal publication title" Managing life cycle of a project" which encompasses cost of execution of projects, method of reporting and metrics adopted to excel in project managing. ( she gave me quality time to express my points)

Bro you jes killed it!, congrats, best of success in US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
@ olumide congratulations bro, welcome on board. call me make we yan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2014
I am so glad I have finally took the bold step to join this family. One love.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
phemix:

Bro you jes killed it!, congrats, best of success in US

Thanks so much broda..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
I applied to only two schools in Texas and I was denied about a month ago. Just asking if that was the main reason for my denial. Will appreciate any advice .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by calmdown: 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
Praise God. My VISA was approved this morning at the US Consulate in Lagos after a minute interview. I will post my very short transcript later. I also thank everyone who has been contributing to this thread. Once more, I thank God...

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
Sponge3: I applied to only two schools in Texas and I was denied about a month ago. Just asking if that was the main reason for my denial. Will appreciate any advice .

post your transcript and let people see the two and advice. do not worry..you will get your visa soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
calmdown: Praise God. My VISA was approved this morning at the US Consulate in Lagos after a minute interview. I will post my very short transcript later. I also thank everyone who has been contributing to this thread. Once more, I thank God...

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
@calmdown congratulations, welcome on board!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 30, 2014
jaadx:

i applied to West virginia uni
Good, which programme?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
olumide098:

like what time that will be for August..towards ending or what.....if yes then let fly together to new york city nah..send out ur bb pin or wats app pin

Probably the 16th-20th, around that range.

I'm not on any of those IM-ing networks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
olumide098:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by UNIXLover(m): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hello guys,
Whats the process of sending trancripts to WES?
Do i need to ask for a particular address from WES and give that address to my School?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.