Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,793 members, 7,831,570 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455315 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
dahfweshdude69: I have i-20 4 both schools with me

dont complicate issues for urself ja re..use the i20 on your passport to enter yankee nah and throw away the remaining useless three so that it wont bring confusion for you nah...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
dahfweshdude69: I have i-20 4 both schools with me

Do you still like the Cameron school? If yes, check the annotation on your visa. If its the same as the sevis number given by Cameron, you are good to enter usa with I-20 from Cameron.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
olumide098:

dont complicate issues for urself ja re..use the i20 on your passport to enter yankee nah and throw away the remaining useless three so that it wont bring confusion for you nah...
OK sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
dahfweshdude69: guys pls I just received my passport 2day but the name of the school on my visa is Dat of the previous school I went with during my first 2 denials... both schools are in Oklahoma.. I went with Cameron university during my first 2 denials and northeastern state university during my approval.. please I hope it ain't bad?

You will face a lot of interrogation at the POE. You might even be denied entry.

My advice: File a complaint to the US consulate you had interview. Do it now so it can be rectified in no time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
juntod:

Do you still like the Cameron school? If yes, check the annotation on your visa. If its the same as the sevis number given by Cameron, you are good to enter usa with I-20 from Cameron.
Yeah...same annotation no n sevis no
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

You will face a lot of interrogation at the POE. You might even be denied entry.

My advice: File a complaint to the US consulate you had interview. Do it now so it can be rectified in no time.

damn..I will contact my sister and tell her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
dahfweshdude69: damn..I will contact my sister and tell her

I don't understand. What has your sister got to do with it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
doctormalik: Thanks Walspring, did they deliver it to your house or you picked it in your post office mail box. My school is saying something like it will be delivered to my doorstep.

I picked it up at the nearest post office in my area but they sometimes they can deliver to your house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I don't understand. What has your sister got to do with it?
she did the sevis payment and other stuffs...I only filled the ds-160 myself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
dahfweshdude69: Yeah...same annotation no n sevis no

Then I guess you can enter the US with Cameron I-20. I really don't know if they check DS-160 details at Port of Entry (POE). It will definitely state that your last choice was not Cameron. As advised earlier, contact the consulate. They are in the best position to address this issue. You don't wanna face issues at POE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
@Olumide098 and @calmdown

Congrats and wishing you a nice stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
juntod:

Then I guess you can enter the US with Cameron I-20. I really don't know if they check DS-160 details at Port of Entry (POE). It will definitely state that your last choice was not Cameron. As advised earlier, contact the consulate. They are in the best position to address this issue. You don't wanna face issues at POE.
sure...I will contact them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by drzik: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
Got My visa approved few minutes ago. Going to University of Minnesota for MS

Transcript shortly

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
dahfweshdude69: she did the sevis payment and other stuffs...I only filled the ds-160 myself

I'm talking about filing a complaint with the US Consulate...here in Nigeria. It has nothing to do with your SEVIS fee at this time, except your sister listed Cameron University as your school when she paid your SEVIS fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
drzik: Got My visa approved few minutes ago. Going to University of Minnesota for MS

Transcript shortly

Congrats...!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I'm talking about filing a complaint with the US Consulate...here in Nigeria. It has nothing to do with your SEVIS fee at this time, except your sister listed Cameron University as your school when she paid your SEVIS fee.
Yeah... d sevis no I used when I applied for d first time is d same thing I used throughout during my interviews... and my sister just called and told me Cameron university notified her about my visa approval... but I will still contact d consulate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
drzik: Got My visa approved few minutes ago. Going to University of Minnesota for MS

Transcript shortly

Ehen! The tally keeps increasing. Very good.

Congratulations, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe Drzik.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by calmdown: 5:11pm On Jun 30, 2014

Transcript shortly

Congrats Boss! Where was your interview? Mine was in Lagos this morning...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
dahfweshdude69: Yeah... d sevis no I used when I applied for d first time is d same thing I used throughout during my interviews... and my sister just called and told me Cameron university notified her about my visa approval... but I will still contact d consulate

Your case is pretty complicated, in that, Cameron university thinks you applied for your F1 visa using their I-20...and you have been using the same SEVIS number for all your visa applications.

The SEVIS number on the I-20 given to you by Cameron is the same with that on the I-20 from North eastern university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
dahfweshdude69: Yeah... d sevis no I used when I applied for d first time is d same thing I used throughout during my interviews... and my sister just called and told me Cameron university notified her about my visa approval... but I will still contact d consulate

In that case, no need to contact the consulate. You were processed for Cameron. Go to Cameron. As far as Cameron has been alerted, you have no issues. Present their I-20 at the POE and you will be allowed entry without issues. The only problem now is that your DS-160 bears another school which is actually not a problem cos people transfer from schools without having to edit DS form. The mix up was actually from you cos you never bothered changing Sevis number. Or did Northern give you d same sevis no as Cameron?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2014
dahfweshdude69: [b]Yeah... d sevis no I used when I applied for d first time is d same thing I used throughout during my interviews...[/b]and my sister just called and told me Cameron university notified her about my visa approval... but I will still contact d consulate

Oga it was you that made the mistake and not the embassy because they followed the sevis number you used... According to the post above you didnt update the sevis number to the new school you went with during your 3rd interview because it was the same sevis you used throughout right from the 2 denials and the last one that was approved

That shows that the person work in hand with the sevis number you filled which was for your former school that you were denied with before.. So no need to contact the consulate because the error is from you according to what you posted here.

Therefore enter obamaland with the school on your visa and then transfer back to the school you want.. No need for alarm or contacting embassy again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
Walspring: goal naija

False alarm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
juntod:

In that case, no need to contact the consulate. You were processed for Cameron. Go to Cameron. As far as Cameron has been alerted, you have no issues. Present their I-20 at the POE and you will be allowed entry without issues.

You should consider that a lot of factors are in play here.

1. He has been using the SEVIS payment for Cameron university for all his applications

2. In the DS-160 he used for his most recent visa application, he filled a different school.

Personally, I think he should contact the US consulate...to avoid stories that touch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

You should consider that a lot of factors are in play here.

1. He has been using the SEVIS payment for Cameron university for all his applications

2. In the DS-160 he used for his most recent visa application, he filled a different school.

Personally, I think he should contact the US consulate...to avoid stories that touch.

Exactly. He has been using Cameron sevis number. The only issue is the DS form. Anyway, there is no harm in contacting the consulate. My only fear is that the visa might be cancelled.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
juntod:

So many people got it at the first try. So, you need not fret. Just read previous transcripts here. A few main areas you should focus on.

1. How many schools did you apply to? Never say one. Be ready to list about two or more.
2. Why your particular school? Do not answer like a robot. Talk about Ranking, Student/Faculty ratio, A particular research, Excellent student reviews, etc. Never mention location as a reason for selection.
3. Why your Major? For undergrad, talk about passion since secondary school. For post grad, talk about how it relates to your undergrad or your present job
4. What will you do after your degree? Hammer on areas that require your services here in Nigeria (This covers home ties) or returning home to your previous job (Show proof that you will be re employed once you return)
5. Take standardised tests, explain your source of funding, be confident, Do a little research on the location of your school (bordering states and climate).
6. The rest are random basic questions you should know.
in addition, know your required courses.... the question is trending at embassy now..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
juntod:

Exactly. He has been using Cameron sevis number. The only issue is the DS form. Anyway, there is no harm in contacting the consulate. My only fear is that the visa might be cancelled.

I just hope he did not present the Cameron university I-20 at the embassy instead of the one he filled at the embassy, since he said he had all of them with him.

I wonder how the fault came about. I think it was a mistake on the part of the embassy, so he should contact them to get it rectified and seen to. It would not serve well if he went ahead with the visa, his records conflict (His DS-160 reads North eastern universty and He is going to Cameron university) even if he passes the POE, the record might come back to haunt him when he wants to renew his visa: plus the US database has no record of him transferring.

I doubt his visa will be revoked, except he is found to have consciously with-held the truth. If he presents his case convincingly then his issue should be rectified within scheme and he will proceed with his travel plans.

After this has been rectified, I would advise he paid another SEVIS fee, this time with the name of his present school to avoid wahala at the POE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 5:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I just hope he did not present the Cameron university I-20 at the embassy, since he said he had all of them.

I wonder how the fault came about.

I doubt his visa will be revoked, except he is found to have consciously with-held the truth. If he presents his case convincingly then his issue should be rectified within scheme and he will proceed with his travel plans.

After this has been rectified, I would advise he paid another SEVIS fee, this time with the name of his present school to avoid wahala at the POE.
my first 2 interviews I presented that of Cameron and later used that of northeastern state for my 3rd interview.. I contacted Cameron and d consulate... Cameron said I should travel with the visa and present it @ d Poe and if I don't like dere university, i can transfer away... consulate yet to reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
dahfweshdude69: my first 2 interviews I presented that of Cameron and later used that of northeastern state for my 3rd interview.. I contacted Cameron and d consulate... Cameron said I should travel with the visa and present it @ d Poe and if I don't like dere university, i can transfer away... consulate yet to reply

Exactly. I don't think you have any problem. You can enter with that visa. You were processed for Cameron. You can transfer to Northern once you get there. No need paying another sevis fee. Cameron will have to transfer your sevis info to Northern. Its that simple once you are there already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
dahfweshdude69: my first 2 interviews I presented that of Cameron and later used that of northeastern state for my 3rd interview.. I contacted Cameron and d consulate... Cameron said I should travel with the visa and present it @ d Poe and if I don't like dere university, i can transfer away... consulate yet to reply

Okay. That is an expected response from the school.

Check my post, I have added more information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 6:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
Olumide, congrats n welcome on board...

Which sch are u heading to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by doctore89: 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hello house, please can i take both printout of my toefl and gre to the embassy, and also i dont have my school certificate only a " to whom it may concern" which i have been using since graduation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
Idazbawz: Olumide, congrats n welcome on board...

Which sch are u heading to?

thanks so much....Northeastern

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.