Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455563 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
@ opechy, congratulations !!, welcome on board !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by spyment: 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sponge3: I am new on this thread but I have been an ardent follower. I have ga post and a tuition waiver but got accepted into only one state university. I have been denied before. What are my chances? Have u gotten your visa?

My gre is poor 310/340.

Nb:I have posted my experience before.

gre score of 310/340 is not poor. It was enough to get you admitted. I myself didn't score that high and I showed my score at the embassy.
Previous denial usually will not affect your odds in subsequent interview, unless you were flagged or barred for a fraudulent application in the past. Many applicants do not get approved the first time, myself included. In many cases your next interview the VO will not even act like you were denied just recently. You'll get a fair chance at convincing him or her why you want to school in the US.
You should apply again as soon a possible. Make an emergency request for appointment if you have to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
domex007: Hello house,
Please help me out with this issue,
I am yet to receive my i-20 from my sch (UCO).
The i-20 is ready and I have sent my credit card authorisation countless times, but they keep replying that the card keeps declining their request,
Its the same card I used in paying for my first i-20 , I really don't know why its declining, I have also informed my bank about the transfer..
Please, I need advice and assistance as time is really running out. School resumes on 19th august.

Which bank ? maybe your bank does not authorize payment from your school POS anymore
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Topiipii(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
godG:

EGL. You?
Elect/Elect
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chidexhenry: 10:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
@McKinzie, U 3 much!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
Topiipii:
Elect/Elect

Wow. I'm most likely gonna know you. Sure u have been fine. Do you know if I can get my transcripts during this closure?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
opechy: I made God my lifeline and he didn't disappoint. My Visa was granted in an interview not up to two minutes this morning at Abuja. No document was requested. It went down thus;

Me: Good morning ma
VO: Good morning and how are you today?
Me: Fine

VO: What do you want to study
Me: Masters in Applied anthropology

VO: Why did u choose d course?
Me: The course 'll give me the golden opportunity of becoming the first lecturer of applied
anthropology in my undergraduate school where I read sociology. Also, it won't only make me an astute teacher who can teach her students how to read and write but also inculcate in them the application of anthropological methods and theories to human practical problems.

VO: smiles...how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 4

VO: Can you name them?
Me: Montclair State University, New Jersey; University of Texas, San Antonio; University of Ibadan and San Jose State University

VO: How many gave u admission?
Me:3

VO: Who's sponsoring you?
Me: My aunt

VO: Pick up your visa on tuesday and she handed me the pickup slip

I really appreciate the likes of Kunlebal(nicest dude so far), Idazbawz(official dude), Olumide( d dude wiv d cudgel...lolz) and mandybaby(words can't describe her kindness). I also appreciate d gurus who had at a point contributed directly/indirectly to my admission process/interview. God bless you all as my joy knows no bound today.
congrats ma'am

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Topiipii(m): 11:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
godG:

Wow. I'm most likely gonna know you. Sure u have been fine. Do you know if I can get my transcripts during this closure?
You're not likely to know me, I graduated in 2010. I think you should be able to get your transcript; the PG students are still in school, the school is closed only to undergrads.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
The i-20 is ready and I have sent my credit card authorisation countless times, but they keep replying that the card keeps declining their request,
Its the same card I used in paying for my first i-20 , I really don't know why its declining, I have also informed my bank about the transfer..
Please, I need advice and assistance as time is really running out. School resumes on 19th august.
i don't know the bank you operate an account with.
But i think you should trying using another persons card probably a friend or family.

You have no time again bro..make hay while the sun shines..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
Topiipii:
You're not likely to know me, I graduated in 2010. I think you should be able to get your transcript; the PG students are still in school, the school is closed only to undergrads.

LOL..No be Shakur and Carvin set b dt?

Oh, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zynnnie: 11:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
My friend wrote gre last week friday and his result is not ready online yet. He has interview on monday.
Should he cancel or go without without result.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Topiipii(m): 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
godG:

LOL..No be Shakur and Carvin set b dt?

Oh, thanks.
Shakur was in 200L when I was in 5, I met him on a thread on NL recently uses shakur_oau or thereabout.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
Congrats @Opechy.
Safe flight miss!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 11:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
Topiipii:
Shakur was in 200L when I was in 5, I met him on a thread on NL recently uses shakur_oau or thereabout.

Interesting! cheesy #SeniorTopiipii
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sponge3:

Chief, I have been trying to get in contact with u. I am new on this thread but I have been an ardent follower. I have ga post and a tuition waiver but got accepted into only one state university. I have been denied before. What are my chances? Have u gotten your visa?

My gre is poor 310/340
You have a strong and wowing case now. Don't worry, you'll get it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 12:00am On Jul 04, 2014
thks @electronic
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kpolli(m): 12:02am On Jul 04, 2014
Sponge3: I am new on this thread but I have been an ardent follower. I have ga post and a tuition waiver but got accepted into only one state university. I have been denied before. What are my chances? Have u gotten your visa?

My gre is poor 310/340.

Nb:I have posted my experience before.

You had this credentials and you were denied?
310/340 gave you a GA post and you call it poor??
Shouldn't be hard for you to get a Visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 12:03am On Jul 04, 2014
opechy:
I really appreciate the likes of Kunlebal(nicest dude so far), Idazbawz(official dude), Olumide( d dude wiv d cudgel...lolz) and mandybaby(words can't describe her kindness). I also appreciate d gurus who had at a point contributed directly/indirectly to my admission process/interview. God bless you all as my joy knows no bound today.
welcome onboard official babe wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 2:08am On Jul 04, 2014
Topiipii & godG, I finished from OAU too... 2007/2008 Political Science. You guys should know Saburi now... He is helping me collect my transcript tomorrow, so those people must be there...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 4:10am On Jul 04, 2014

I had this same problem with one of the universities i applied to.
I later realized my conversion was wrong. Most cards are always declined cuz of insufficient funds.
Are you sure you have a sufficient fund in the account?.. if you're not sure, use =N=175 as $1 and inform UCO to try charge the card again. Once the card is charged, you may withdraw what you have left in the account.. The 175 conversion is just to be on a safe side.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by temi4fash(m): 4:12am On Jul 04, 2014
juntod:

Control and instrumentation is under electrical and electronics engineering (electrical and computer engr in most usa schools). There are many schools offering it in USA. Visit usnews.com for a comprehensive list.
thanks and God bless...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 4:41am On Jul 04, 2014
Walspring:

Not too far bro and its in God's hand and he will surely give it to me...

Amen

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 5:54am On Jul 04, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:
I'd like to know:

if one's school is resuming on the 21st of August and the student arrives the US on the 22nd, will the student face any problems at the POE?

Note: the date on his I-20 reads 21st August, 2014

If you wish to arrive US on any date later than the date stated on your I-20, you have to inform your school about it and request them to send you a letter (via email which you will print out) granting you permission to that effect. Note that you will need to show this letter at the POE otherwise you will be denied entry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 6:29am On Jul 04, 2014
This might interest you to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-2-Z4LBoZw
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 7:21am On Jul 04, 2014
Happy Fourth of July to everyone on this thread. wink

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 9:58am On Jul 04, 2014
Guyz.....Please i need proper understanding on this data below..pls inteprete it for me...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by henry4fun: 10:20am On Jul 04, 2014
Hello gurus,
Kindly tell me the steps to re apply for the delayed visa. You guys have adviced I reapply and fire back. What are the procedures involved in going back for the interview. How do I make an emmergency request? Tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 04, 2014
olumide098: Guyz.....Please i need proper understanding on this data below..pls inteprete it for me...
which airline? Qatar or emirates. Its quite cheap bro. That's the stop over listed.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 10:32am On Jul 04, 2014
olumide098: Guyz.....Please i need proper understanding on this data below..pls inteprete it for me...

Here is the breakdown bro.

Your First Flight is from Lagos, Nigeria (LOS) at 14:10 (2:10 PM Naija Time)
to
Doha, Qatar (DOH) - You arrive Doha at 23:45 (11:45 PM Quatar Time)

Transit Time (The Time you'll be spending at Doha before your next flight) is 02 hrs 05 mins *** Don't wait for 2 Hours 05 Mins before your next flight oo.. When It's almost 30 mins to your next flight, go and check in.

Your Second Flight is from Doha, Quatar, (DOH) at 01:50 (01:50 PM Qatar Time)
to
Rome, Italy (FCO) - You arrive Rome at 06:50 (06:50 PM Italian Time)

Transit Time (The time you'll be spending at Rome before your next flight) is 02 hrs 55 mins ***Same applicable, Check in when it's almost 30 mins to your next flight make you no go miss the flight***

Your Third and Final Flight is from Rome, Italy (FCO) at 09:45 (09:45 AM Italian Time)
to
New York, USA (JFK) - You arrive New York at 13:40 (01:40 PM New York Time)

Your Total Trip time is 28 Hours 30 Mins (From Naija to New York)

***Not familiar with Qatar Airlines though but I'm almost sure the three prices are Ecomony, Business and First Class respectively. Choose the one you prefer.

Same method is applicable to the second itinerary too.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2014
[quote author=McKinzie]

Thanks so much Bro! I really appreciate it. have PM you..pls let us have a chat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2014
slimmy05: which airline? Qatar or emirates. Its quite cheap bro. That's the stop over listed.

Qatar...they just reduced the prices oooo....but stop over tin na big issue here ooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 10:54am On Jul 04, 2014
Olumide & Slimmy, I can't see the prices you guys are talking about for the Qatar ticket. Can you please send it to me on here ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.