Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,813 members, 7,824,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455062 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Where is Zeezahbee and Juntod? I told you lot that the embassy won't say it was okay to proceed, they will insist on rectifying it.

Dahfweshdude, I'm glad you took the advice of contacting the embassy about the mistake instead of "carrying go". Just pray, fast and do as the embassy has instructed. You will be the first to have his visa granted twice on here. Cheers!

Were you expecting them to tell her to go ahead to a school which she wasn't interviewed for? Don't forget my first advice was that she contacts the consulate because I don't know if DS-160 is checked at POE. I insisted there was no harm in contacting the consulate. I further advised her to go ahead if she doesn't mind attending the school on her visa cos the visa maybe revoked and re issued for the new school with or without a new interview. If she didn't report herself, there would have been no problem as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
stevecrun: @Olumide098,those grades in numbers should be explained more better...
Which waec year was that?whats the guy's intended major?

thanks...the guy want to major in Finance, Accounting or Business Mgt...WAEC 2009.

Commerce-D7
Financial Accounting- C5
Econs-B3
Govt- C6
Lit in English- C6
English - C6
Maths- B3
Biology- B3

please want school that wont ask for TOEFL from him and also admission stress free
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dahfweshdude69: 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

Were you expecting them to tell her to go ahead to a school which she wasn't interviewed for? Don't forget my first advice was that she contacts the consulate because I don't know if DS-160 is checked at POE. I insisted there was no harm in contacting the consulate. I further advised her to go ahead if she doesn't mind attending the school on her visa cos the visa maybe revoked and re issued for the new school with or without a new interview. If she didn't report herself, there would have been no problem as well.
am a boy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
dahfweshdude69: am a boy

Ok boy you are lucky they took the blame. It could have been a lot worse. I am sure that VO has been probed for not noticing the discrepancy in the DS form information and sevis fee payment confirmation page. [s]Meanwhile, prepare yourself just in case they may want to schedule another brief interview.[/s] I don't wish you this my guy. Just advising.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
olumide098:

thanks...the guy want to major in Finance, Accounting or Business Mgt...WAEC 2009.

Commerce-D7
Financial Accounting- C5
Econs-B3
Govt- C6
Lit in English- C6
English - C6
Maths- B3
Biology- B3

please want school that wont ask for TOEFL from him and also admission stress free
the result is quite good.But English is poor.

My school Southwest Minnesota State University,will take him/her.
Because ,that English is poor..he would have to present his high school transcript to pack up the poor English.

He may/maynot be asked to write the toefl or ielts,it all depends on how good his high school transcript was..especially the English from SS1-SS3 second term.

Mind you this school,waives the SAT and really does not hold the SAT too important.Their admission process is swift and proceessed as soon as you satisfy all academic requirements.Guess,this person is heading for spring 2015.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idee91: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Pls guys.... graviton, juntod, olumide,... una no look my question o...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
idee91: Pls guys.... graviton, juntod, olumide,... una no look my question o...
what's your question Sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idee91: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
stevecrun: what's your question Sir?
Hello guys !!! My broda wants to apply for phd in construction/ civil engeneering management... what score is he expected to get, in toefl and gre , to get funding. He finished frm Abu building with a cgpa 3.88... and pls recommend some skulls too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
@juntod just got back from Nahco post office.
The place is quite rough. Too many agents hanging around the cargo area. I just locked up and walked straight to the post office.

The woman there said that if I came earlier my mail would have left Nigeria today. That post office is the last port of call. Really efficient. I paid 1300 for the mail to wes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
Topiipii:
So you're from OAU too, which dept? They even gave me two last year for 2500 naira.

EGL. You?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
dahfweshdude69: guys..please I just got an email from the embassy stating I should visit the consulate on either Monday or Wednesday by noon with northeastern i-20 and my passport with other documents... will they reschedule another interview or just issue another visa.. am scared
Don't be scared. The problem would be solved. The embassy should give you credit for notifying them on this particular mistake. It's obviously their fault. They'll certainly admit it and apologise to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Folarge06(m): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
bbdd: @juntod just got back from Nahco post office.
The place is quite rough. Too many agents hanging around the cargo area. I just locked up and walked straight to the post office.

The woman there said that if I came earlier my mail would have left Nigeria today. That post office i
s the last port of call. Really efficient. I paid 1300 for the mail to wes.

@bbdd au much is it to send a documents to USA through. the registered mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cashglue: 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
Thank God Nairaland is back. Unfortunately, some of the posts are missing including my success story. Just a quick question to those who are already in the USA(imperious, Graviton, etc)is there a problem with getting a one way ticket as a student entering the US? To the best of my knowledge, I have heard of ppl here on Nairaland who had no issues either boarding the plane here or getting thru the POE in the US. Kindly clarify. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
idee91: Hello guys !!! My broda wants to apply for phd in construction/ civil engeneering management... what score is he expected to get, in toefl and gre , to get funding. He finished frm Abu building with a cgpa 3.88... and pls recommend some skulls too
i can't comment on tbis sir! I've got no clue about this PHD stuff..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
juntod:

Just imagine...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
cashglue: Thank God Nairaland is back. Unfortunately, some of the posts are missing including my success story. Just a quick question to those who are already in the USA(imperious, Graviton, etc)is there a problem with getting a one way ticket as a student entering the US? To the best of my knowledge, I have heard of ppl here on Nairaland who had no issues either boarding the plane here or getting thru the POE in the US. Kindly clarify. Thank you.

I'm still in Nigeria...for now. A one-way ticket is the way to go.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
slimmy05: Now tell me what they type. Did you see what they are typing?
You talk, they type. Now tell me, what else do you think they type? Your Tshirt's logo/designer? grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
Joenice: The couple has to wait for so long. Maybe 5 years. A lot has to change in their profile, otherwise they'll receive another denial. Every case is different. And their case is quite hard to obtain visa soon.
Oga, 5 years bawo? Na wa for you oo grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
Amefrica: You talk, they type. Now tell me, what else do you think they type? Your Tshirt's logo/designer? grin
myopic. What made you feel when you're interviewed they document what you say by typing. They most times cross check and confirm the authenticity if what you filled in your ds160 and also your intentions to return if you actually show a good tie. A friend of mine went for interview and told the VO his dad is a banker, he went bank and told the VO the 2nd interview his dad works for an oil and gas firm, if his earlier speech was taken down. He should get a ban. If you don't document anything with the embassy, dude forget it, its just a hearsay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
Amefrica: Oga, 5 years bawo? Na wa for you oo grin
Well, only time will tell. Every case is different. You should understand what i mean. You may advice them to apply immediately. No problem cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cashglue: 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I'm still in Nigeria...for now. A one-way ticket is the way to go.

Graviton my Bo$$ I greet u. Thank u for the response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

You say wetin?

1. The VO will want to know what she has been doing during that hiatus.

2. Does she really have that time to spare. I know I don't.
You can area immigrant intent in their actions so why looking away.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
slimmy05: myopic. What made you feel when you're interviewed they document what you say by typing. They most times cross check and confirm the authenticity if what you filled in your ds160 and also your intentions to return if you actually show a good tie. A friend of mine went for interview and told the VO his dad is a banker, he went bank and told the VO the 2nd interview his dad works for an oil and gas firm, if his earlier speech was taken down. He should get a ban. If you don't document anything with the embassy, dude forget it, its just a hearsay.
Are you expecting them to document every speech? Boss mi, me no go argue further oo. All I know is they put down your speech not all!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
Folarge06: @bbdd au much is it to send a documents to USA through. the registered mail.

It ranges between 1100-1500 depending on the weight of the letter.
Just go with 1500. Try and go early so your mail can leave naija the same day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
bbdd: @juntod just got back from Nahco post office.

The woman there said that if I came earlier my mail would have left Nigeria today. That post office is the last port of call. Really efficient. I paid 1300 for the mail to wes.

Wow very cheap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
Joenice: Well, only time will tell. Every case is different. You should understand what i mean. You may advice them to apply immediately. No problem cheesy
LOL! Their case has to change before re-applying. But saying "5years" is just preposterous. How you doing anyways? smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
cashglue:

Graviton my Bo$$ I greet u. Thank u for the response.

Na your boy I be oh! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
idee91: Hello guys !!! My broda wants to apply for phd in construction/ civil engeneering management... what score is he expected to get, in toefl and gre , to get funding. He finished frm Abu building with a cgpa 3.88... and pls recommend some skulls too

Is that 3.88 on a 4.0 scale or 5.0? There is no particular score for funding. He should only put in all effort to perform excellently. Availability of funds will also play a great role. Has he done Msc or wants to apply for Phd directly from Bsc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DadaOluwabunmi: 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hello! Am also in serious need of Gre study materials. Pls, kindly forward any usefull material to bunmidada88@gmail.com
Udiboy: pls help a brother!Is any kind soul willing to sell his or Her GRE materials both soft copies n hard copies.I need them ASAP and will appreciate any help.I live in Enugu but can get it from you anywhere you are!pls email me on match_15@yahoo.com or add me on bb.my pin is 7b065a3a
Also,am looking for a serious study partner,pls contact me if you are interested for both GRE n Toefl.
A little info,Am a male and a graduate of petroleum Engineering from Uniben(2010).Looking forward to msc in Pet Engineering or any related course'!
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
slimmy05: You can area immigrant intent in their actions so why looking away.

You don't get my point, Slimmy.

You are saying a 3-10year hiatus won't affect her visa chances. What I want to know is How you arrived at such a conclusion? when it is common kniowledge that VOs usually refuse applicants visas if too much time is taken before application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ctemi(f): 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
@bbdd, did the 1300 include postage stamp?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
Amefrica: LOL! Their case has to change before re-applying. But saying "5years" is just preposterous. How you doing anyways? smiley
It's not provided that they take some time off to galvanize cheesy i'm just fine and you? Hope you're doing good. You seem to argue smartly and I like it cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.