Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454745 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
honeyad:

Selected isolo dhl office.. The guy circled VI
Both addresses are Lagos, so no problems smiley Smile cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
Joenice: He used the word " be given" so i got confused. cheesy

Okay. I get his question now.

Honeyad, it is possible but the chances are minimal for you to be given a pickup location other than the one you picked when booking your appointment.

Why don't you just change the pickup location to the one preferred?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
Joenice: Both addresses are Lagos, so no problems smiley Smile cheesy

cheesy sure but one is much more closer than the other wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

Okay. I get his question now.

Honeyad, it is possible but the chances are minimal for you to be given a pickup location other than the one you picked when booking your appointment.

Why don't you just change the pickup location to the one preferred?
cheesy Would be right back. Let me take a shower. Nairaland is fun smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
honeyad:

How can I do that ?

Here:
Graviton2:

Yes, you can change the pickup location since you had your interview in Lagos. Go to the site given to you for tracking your international passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaadx(m): 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
Joenice: Brother, print out is also acceptable if the result is real. Explain to the VO, he or she would understand. In other words, he may want to check and verify your result online and that clears everything wink You can also request for expedited appointment if you haven't been denied lately. Good luck dude!
thanks. This my first interview and i dont wanna give room for denial dat y i want everythin intact
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ashigolo: documents (e.g transcipts) that are more than a page should be stampled except your I-20 coz that'll be done for you at the embassy.

Okay friend thank you. But I need to state at this point that my i20 came from my school stapled. Should I remove the pin or just go with it like that? Why I'm asking all these questions is that I saw in the instruction after booking my appointment that one should not come into the interview premises with any sharp metallic stuffs.

Thanks for your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jaadx(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
domex007:

Lag Embassy or Abuja?
Lag bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Mjseun:

Okay friend thank you. But I need to state at this point that my i20 came from my school stapled. Should I remove the pin or just go with it like that? Why I'm asking all these questions is that I saw in the instruction after booking my appointment that one should not come into the interview premises with any sharp metallic stuffs.

Go with it like that bro.. If its necessary for them to remove the pin.. They have pin remover that would do just that.. Go get your visa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
Stewee:

Thanks Graviton2!!!!
God Bless You and the good work you do here.

....im still tryna piece my transcript together. my head is still in #RejoiceMode. My interview was short and seamless.
which soap u take bath go embassy? Congratulations my broda. I tap into your short interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 7:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
slimmy05: you can staple your transcript. But don't staple other documents. They will assist you with the first required documents by the vo. Other supporting documents would be asked if the VO is interested in seeing them.

Thanks. But the i20 came stapled, should I remove the pin or just go with it like that. Note: my i20 is a 3 paged document.

Thanks for your response Slimmy05
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
honeyad:

Go with it like that bro.. If its necessary for them to remove the pin.. They have pin remover that would do just that.. Go get your visa

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
House pls I am looking for streetmic oooo. Where are you bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton, the date of flight is August 9th.

Please somebody tell me where they are currently writing Toefl in Lagos.

Honeyad, I choose Isolo on my online form, but the VO did not circle anything on my paper, and I got an email not long ago asking me to come pick my passport at Isolo. Generally, the place you fill determines where you pick your passport unless you wanna change the location. Why not follow Graviton's advise?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Fadekemi001(f): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hello house

Am new here but have always been online going through everyone's Chat and contribution and I saw that it has been so helpful to many me inclusive. I need your help house my visa interview is this week thursday and am confused about two issue and one is: I am an undergraduate here in nigeria in my 2nd year but first semester as a chemistry student and I only have my first semester 100 level result with me and that was what I used to apply for admission to the international school and thank God I was admitted with 1/3 scholarship award of the full fees for my staying. The issue with me now is am thinking of a question like why don't you go on with Your studies here in nigeria? From the VO. And my second issue is I don't want the vo to be aware of the level I am now in my present university and I wrote waec 2010 but am just 19 years old (I.e dec 2014)and I gain admission into a uni here in nija 2012. House seriously am so confused and inexperienced, please help me out with your advise and suggestions, that will be highly appreciated by me thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
Feexo: Graviton, the date of flight is August 9th.

Honeyad, I choose Isolo on my online form, but the VO did not circle anything on my paper, and I got an email not long ago asking me to come pick my passport at Isolo. Generally, the place you fill determines where you pick your passport unless you wanna change the location. Why not follow Graviton's advise?

French connection, LandMark building, Ikota, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos. Another one at Ilupeju, don't know the exact address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Mjseun:

Thanks. But the i20 came stapled, should I remove the pin or just go with it like that. Note: my i20 is a 3 paged document.

Thanks for your response Slimmy05
mine as well came stapled. Am not removing the pin. You dont need to remove the pin, go with it like that.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2014

When is your school resuming?

There are a lot of TOEFL centres in Lagos and other environs. Difficult to say how many exactly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by calmdown: 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2014

Hey Feexo, guess What... I just find my flight mate... I am traveling August 9th 2.10pm on Qatar airways through doha, Manchester to New York. Guess that is your flight.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
Fadekemi001: Hello house

Am new here but have always been online going through everyone's Chat and contribution and I saw that it has been so helpful to many me inclusive. I need your help house my visa interview is this week thursday and am confused about two issue and one is: I am an undergraduate here in nigeria in my 2nd year but first semester as a chemistry student and I only have my first semester 100 level result with me and that was what I used to apply for admission to the international school and thank God I was admitted with 1/3 scholarship award of the full fees for my staying. The issue with me now is am thinking of a question like why don't you go on with Your studies here in nigeria? From the VO. And my second issue is I don't want the vo to be aware of the level I am now in my present university and I wrote waec 2010 but am just 19 years old (I.e dec 2014)and I gain admission into a uni here in nija 2012. House seriously am so confused and inexperienced, please help me out with your advise and suggestions, that will be highly appreciated by me thanks.
Congratz on your admission and partial scholarship. Your age is ok for undergraduate. You have countless of reason not to continue your studies here in Nigeria. My other phone is down, typing with my Samsung. Not good with touchscreen cry. Will give you some valid points which includes curriculum, strike, environment, exposure, technological research etc. I am a bit tired now, when am relaxed will give you details. Dont fret, success is sure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
juntod:

French connection, LandMark building, Ikota, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos. Another one at Ilupeju, don't know the exact address

Jkk house.
Beside town planning bus stop ilupeju
That's where I wrote my Gre. And they took light for 2 hours. Mscheew.

But it's a very good center and they apologized.
I prefer it to that far lekki. Can't be doing Israelite journey before exam starts. Exhausting.!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
Mjseun, please, when you check-in the hotel for your interview, send me the address and name. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Fadekemi001: Hello house

In every aspect.. Education in the states cannot be compared to Nigeria, hammer on the quality of education that would liberate you from shallow mindness, education they give on this part of world doesn't give room to be much of an entrepreneur compared to the states, apart from that tell them the problem of strikes, no standard lab nd co... You'll get it bro.. Just believe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

God will satisfy your desire, my brother. God bless you.

Amen... Amen... Amen...!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
goldenchic: House pls I am looking for streetmic oooo. Where are you bro?

try holla his number or send him ping or whatsapp. I guess he is busy at work or maybe battery low
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by fadinus(m): 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
Graviton2:

No, flight booking is the last thing on my plate. Na research, networking and shopping first for now.

I buzzed u on whatsapp, let's yarn.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Mjseun:

Bro,abeg no kill me. You mean the pin used to stapled your I-20 together is a sharp object? cheesy

Abeg dey go with your I-20 stapled together jare.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chidexhenry: 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Helo ous I nid to kn hw WES does their tins oo...evaluation of transcripts,their charges,and hw they will help me transfer my transcript to my sch. Also hw do I send to my transcript to them? do I apply first? pls ous help me throw light on dis. it's urgent! still want kn if MURRAY state uni.is a red flag.tanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
fadinus:

I buzzed u on whatsapp, let's yarn.

Bro, my whatsapp has lost functionality. I can't see messages.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
jaadx:
thanks bro, but a frend of mine use dat last year after he was questioned finally he was asked about the test he took, he said toefl and he render the result sent to his email but the VO asked of the orginal he try to convince him, but the VO insistd and said print out cn be easily be edit. So this what get me confusin

Okay but you should understand that VO thoughts varies from each other...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
chidexhenry: Helo ous I nid to kn hw WES does their tins oo...evaluation of transcripts,their charges,and hw they will help me transfer my transcript to my sch. Also hw do I send to my transcript to them? do I apply first? pls ous help me throw light on dis. it's urgent! still want kn if MURRAY state uni.is a red flag.tanks.

I'm currently on the WES process
I can't figure out what you wrote effectively.
Please retype with less abbreviations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
chidexhenry: Helo ous I nid to kn hw WES does their tins oo...evaluation of transcripts,their charges,and hw they will help me transfer my transcript to my sch. Also hw do I send to my transcript to them? do I apply first? pls ous help me throw light on dis. it's urgent! still want kn if MURRAY state uni.is a red flag.tanks.

I will be very blunt with you. If you like hate me. The fact that this forum is set out to help doesn't mean you come here and ask questions without doing your own research. Your concern borders on virtually every process of WES which clearly indicates that you have not even bothered to do any research on your own. You even went as far as asking about their charges? Go and visit www.wes.org you will find everything you need there. If you find any confusing area, feel free to come back and ask. So many people won't survive foreign education system if we continue to spoon feed here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.