Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454710 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 26, 2014
Joenice: yes but life is tough though.

Right!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 26, 2014
Joenice: @Amefricanada, which sch r u heading to? Do u need a friend? U want asa nwa? cheesy

Lol. Badt guys!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 26, 2014
Joenice: American wonder, you've got a pm @Amefrica

Replied, sir. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rastaforce: 10:11am On Jul 26, 2014
Please I need ur help gurus
Can I go ahead with the booking of reservation despite the fact that I am yet to collect my visa, although it has been approved.
And I will like to know how to get cheap flights from Lagos to Houston before 17th of august as school resumes 18th

Thanks in anticipation if your favorable response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2014
chi4b82:

Can one still apply now for Sep session or its late? If yes, which school

It's late ...winter '15 is a sure bet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 10:22am On Jul 26, 2014
go on and book. drop ur interview transcript

Rastaforce: Please I need ur help gurus
Can I go ahead with the booking of reservation despite the fact that I am yet to collect my visa, although it has been approved.
And I will like to know how to get cheap flights from Lagos to Houston before 17th of august as school resumes 18th

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 10:25am On Jul 26, 2014
am so Hating Qatar!!! Customer service line keep saying they open 9am to 1pm on satday yet it wont connect and will still say the office is close at the moment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 26, 2014
juntod:

I'm not bothered. I hate Egusi with passion.. Invite me for draw drool soup and poundy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 26, 2014
streetMic: am so Hating Qatar!!! Customer service line keep saying they open 9am to 1pm on satday yet it wont connect and will still say the office is close at the moment.

How much was it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rastaforce: 10:34am On Jul 26, 2014
streetMic: go on and book. drop ur interview transcript

I will definitely drop d transcript

Transcript loading .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rastaforce: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2014

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 10:47am On Jul 26, 2014

Amefrica:

How much was it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2014
streetMic: 207k

Good deal!

Just relax.. StreetMic, can you gimme the site?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rastaforce: 11:05am On Jul 26, 2014
Transcript for interview on 21st of July 2014

Vo: said something buh u couldn't hear buh I didn't wanna ask so I pretended as if I heard him
Me: I wrote gre and Ielts (I guessed he asked for my standardized tests)

Vo: no i mean why Did I choose tamuk

Me: I said ok. I chose tamuk majorly because of their highly rated faculty of engineering which is ranked 42nd in the while of US and 3rd in Texas. And that they also offer an option if fibre optics telecommunications in Thier electrical engineering department and this is an area u would really like to explore because of the fact that their is a while lot of fibre optics projects going in presently in Nigeria with paucity of professionals in the field and this is a guarantee that I will get a great job on returning to Nigeria

Vo: why are you switching from computer to electrical engineering.

Me: technically, the major diff btw elect and computer is that in elect , there are courses in power and electricity generation that is not present in computer and then in computer there gee courses on digital logic circuit and devices that are bit Present in elect curriculum,
But asides that computer and elect have majority of Their courses in common and telecommunications is one of those things they have in common. And I will be majoring I telecomms on getting to tamuk so I am still within the scope if computer engineering
( the guy nods head and said ok)

Vo: who's gonna sponsor me

Me: my uncle

Vo; why is it that you Nigerians always have rich uncles.

Me: fear catch me small buh I conpose
I said he is actually my uncle , the only brother my mum has and he has been my major sponsor throughout my undergraduates and he promised me if in able to graduate with a good result he will sponsor my masters degree in the us . And that this is a decision that has been made while I was still and undergraduate. So it's more like a conditional promise.

Vo: what does your father do?

Me: he's a poultry farmer

Vo: so u had a good undergraduate result?
May I see ur certufucate.

Me: I gave him

Vo; saw that u had a 2:1 buh he couldn't authenticate it because I laminated it.
(So please if you haven't already; don't laminate ur certificate oo)

Vo: may I see ur WAEC

Me: I search This WAEC I no see am and he dey there.

Vo: ok bring all your documents lemme see

Me : gave him everything even with envelope

Na that time hin come see my WAEC himself
He saw my three three statements of accounts, my gre and ielts result , and everything wen my DOB.

He now returned everything to me and started typing in the system

At this point I was scared and I dey wait for his final decison.

Vo: can u please help me check if I gave u your I:20 , I'm supposed to sign on it .

Me : searched through my docs and I gave him.

Vo: signed it returned it with a white paper and said the magic words

Pick ur your visa in three days time at that address.

Me : thanks you sir

God is wonderful ooo

Na my first time ooo

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 11:11am On Jul 26, 2014
Rastaforce: Transcript for interview on 21st of July 2014

God is wonderful ooo

Na my first time ooo

Congratulations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 11:11am On Jul 26, 2014
qatarairways.com. i am relaxed jux dah d mofos say if dey dont confirm my payment b4 d end of d hold period(2mao 12pm) dey will cancel d booking.

Amefrica:

Good deal!

Just relax.. StreetMic, can you gimme the site?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 11:14am On Jul 26, 2014
Anyone flying Emirates to JFK btw 5th and 8th of August should pm me please.

Let's see if we flying same time wink.

#TeamEmiratesAirline
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 11:19am On Jul 26, 2014
streetMic: qatarairways.com. i am relaxed jux dah d mofos say if dey dont confirm my payment b4 d end of d hold period(2mao 12pm) dey will cancel d booking.

That's why I love Gtb. I got my e-ticket in less than 5mins I made the payment.

Relax bro,I'm sure you will get it before evening.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2014

Vo: said something buh u couldn't hear buh I didn't wanna ask so I pretended as if I heard him

Me: I said ok. I chose tamuk majorly because of their highly rated faculty of engineering which is ranked 42nd in the while of US and 3rd in Texas. And that they also offer an option if fibre optics telecommunications in Thier electrical engineering department and this is an area u would really like to explore because of the fact that their is a while lot of fibre optics projects going in presently in Nigeria with paucity of professionals in the field and this is a guarantee that I will get a great job on returning to Nigeria

Me: technically, the major diff btw elect and computer is that in elect , there are courses in power and electricity generation that is not present in computer and then in computer there gee courses on digital logic circuit and devices that are bit Present in elect curriculum,
But asides that computer and elect have majority of Their courses in common and telecommunications is one of those things they have in common. And I will be majoring I telecomms on getting to tamuk so I am still within the scope if computer engineering

I said he is actually my uncle , the only brother my mum has and he has been my major sponsor throughout my undergraduates and he promised me if in able to graduate with a good result he will sponsor my masters degree in the us . And that this is a decision that has been made while I was still and undergraduate. So it's more like a conditional promise.

Vo; saw that u had a 2:1 buh he couldn't authenticate it because I laminated it.

He saw my three three statements of accounts, my gre and ielts result , and everything wen my DOB.

Vo: can u please help me check if I gave u your I:20 , I'm supposed to sign on it .

God is wonderful ooo

Na my first time ooo

Congrats once again.. Please house my i20 was not signed by my visa officer o.. Hope it's not a problem for me At POE ? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 11:27am On Jul 26, 2014
juntod:

Really? I haven't come across that. I used it and it was accepted.

Mind you, the acceptable account type varies with different schools. The consulate has no hand in it. Anything that proves your source of funding is what they accept. Some schools may have their restrictions. I asked my school first before sending it. They also accept fixed deposit certificates.

ohh... let's just say; not all schools accept it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 11:33am On Jul 26, 2014
honeyad:

Congrats once again.. Please house my i20 was not signed by my visa officer o.. Hope it's not a problem for me At POE ? undecided
mine wasn't signed too... I know a guy who got he's stamped
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 11:35am On Jul 26, 2014
Idazbawz: mine wasn't signed too... I know a guy who got he's stamped

Stamped by the VO?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 11:41am On Jul 26, 2014

Yea I think you can considering affordability; the earlier the best. Lol
Try check flights from Lagos to Texas and compare with flights from Lagos to JFK then to Texas. That will help you decide.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 11:44am On Jul 26, 2014

God is wonderful ooo

Na my first time ooo

Nice transcript........Have read about the situation where VO's collect all documents from applicants. Can be scary.
Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2014
yup...mine was signd n stamped
honeyad:

Stamped by the VO?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2014
Justwise & Olumide85, I would like you guys to put me through on modality for getting a UK visa for someone who already has a USA visiting visa. She has been to the USA once last month, and would like to get a UK transit visa to spend 1 or 2 weeks on her second visit soon.
You can direct me to the earlier page on this thread where Justwise explained it in details to Olumide or try and explain to me. Thanks!

Calmdown, shoot me an email if you are still going by Qatar on August 9th, so that we can roll together.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2014
What is this issue of stamping and signing I-20 all about? Is that a new policy? Dem nor sign and stamp my own ooooohhhhh.. Anyway, I fear no bagger.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
streetMic: yup...mine was signd n stamped

How far with your Qatar issue? Are you sure its not your bank? With GTB card, it is instantaneous.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by justwise(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
Feexo: Justwise & Olumide85, I would like you guys to put me through on modality for getting a UK visa for someone who already has a USA visiting visa. She has been to the USA once last month, and would like to get a UK transit visa to spend 1 or 2 weeks on her second visit soon.
You can direct me to the earlier page on this thread where Justwise explained it in details to Olumide or try and explain to me. Thanks!

Calmdown, shoot me an email if you are still going by Qatar on August 9th, so that we can roll together.

https://www.nairaland.com/olumide098/posts/1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
honeyad:

Stamped by the VO?
yea, by vo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 1:06pm On Jul 26, 2014
am officially tired jor. no message 4rm em. now monday n tuesday is pub hols
juntod:

How far with your Qatar issue? Are you sure its not your bank? With GTB card, it is instantaneous.

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.