Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454717 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2014
decreamaster:
my own opinion

you can complete all ur app process over there during ur visit and am very sure there will be no restriction if you come back home to apply for a student visa IF you ave d required doc ;Ds.
looking for someone to marry is never a good option cry.
come to think of it,will u marry who u never love?
becoz u want to stay back in the us?
then it will happen that after getting married to the person and u've gotten all ur looking for,then you will divorce lipsrsealed.
pls look for a better a better option.
best of luck
grin cheesy
why would an undergraduate in a Nigerian university want to stay behind using a visiting visa,does he think its easy during the application(marrying a united states citizen)the procedure can take 6 - 12 months
from the time the petition is filed until he becomes a permanent resident of the united states..he might be unlucky he might be suspected of fixing a sham marriage,he might be convicted thrown into a jail and deported.

I'd suggest if he really wants to escape from Nigeria,he should come back home,apply to a good school as a transfer student,he stands a high%of having his visa granted.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sponge3(Spongebob)..Thank God for journey mercies to Texas the lone star state.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sponge3: Got to Texas yesterday....thank God for journey mercy

Nice one bro! Did you fly direct or go through the NY route? Can you post your POE experience?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
bidems222: @Joenice yes actually. and thanks @dcreamaster
Just thought the minimum is 6 months. it's ok anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
decreamaster: grin grin
am happy for you brotherly mi
how the nomenclature of that geographical area? grin grin
The USA is something else oo..like something out of a story book. How your side.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Feexo:

Nice one bro! Did you fly direct or go through the NY route? Can you post your POE experience?

I transited in Dubai.....the P.O.E is no biggie. They only asked for my form I-20, if I had my school fees with me to which I replied no because my sis lives here. Customs trash my beans, gala and Maggie.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sponge3:
The USA is something else oo..like something out of a story book. How your side.
me heading to NYC.parking my stuffs too but slowly coz sch resumes sept,soo na enjoyment i still dey o grin
how many chicks u don catch? cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
decreamaster:
me heading to NYC.parking my stuffs too but slowly coz sch resumes sept,soo na enjoyment i still dey o grin
how many chicks u don catch? cheesy cheesy grin grin
Oga decreamaster, I bet when u land obamaland, u go begin dey decree, dey cast n bind d chicks........lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sponge3:

I transited in Dubai.....the P.O.E is no biggie. They only asked for my form I-20, if I had my school fees with me to which I replied no because my sis lives here. Customs trash my beans, gala and Maggie.
A friend of mine tell me say texas POE no get problem compared to NY..

But i think the best would be carrying the schools fees in cash,if possible in 1000 dollar bills,is just that they are not common.Fold them inside the jean pockets and place them inside the box.Then when one arrives in the states,open an american bnk account and lodge em.

Sorry,for the customs tossing your foodstuffs into the trash,esp.the gala..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
aekmanweb: Oga decreamaster, I bet when u land obamaland, u go begin dey decree, dey cast n bind d chicks........lol
grin
am a pastor o cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
stevecrun: A friend of mine tell me say texas POE no get problem compared to NY..

But i think the best would be carrying the schools fees in cash,if possible in 1000 dollar bills,is just that they are not common.Fold them inside the jean pockets and place them inside the box.Then when one arrives in the states,open an american bnk account and lodge em.

Sorry,for the customs tossing your foodstuffs into the trash,esp.the gala..
tongue grin
proper black boi

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
wakanow jux issued me a flight ticket i did not pay for. LMAO. dis one na too much blessing o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2014
@sponge 3
Enjoy United states..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
streetMic: wakanow jux issued me a flight ticket i did not pay for. LMAO. dis one na too much blessing o.

Lol... They will still cancel it maybe that's an error... Abi you contact them before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
streetMic: wakanow jux issued me a flight ticket i did not pay for. LMAO. dis one na too much blessing o.

Are you serious?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
nooo. lol. even me taya. i de look d ticket like balu.
Walspring:

Lol... They will still cancel it maybe that's an error... Abi you contact them before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2014
yes na
domex007:

Are you serious?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
welcome to TX, its home away from home. where in TX are you ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2014
streetMic: nooo. lol. even me taya. i de look d ticket like balu.

well i guess someone purchased it for you...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
abi
Walspring:

well i guess someone purchased it for you...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2014

Glory be to God for the journey mercy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2014
streetMic: abi

Yea big boss... Just think of anyone you discussed about ticket with who is/are capabale to buy it for you,, maybe your family and so on..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
zeezahbee: welcome to TX, its home away from home. where in TX are you ?
where in houston are you zee?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2014
Rastaforce: Transcript for interview on 21st of July 2014

Vo; why is it that you Nigerians always have rich uncles.

The bolded got me laughing so hard..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy....The V.O's be like wtf with Nigerians and Uncles

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dandawi: 10:31pm On Jul 27, 2014
Good day to the good people of Nairaland.
Here's my question,
I have a valid visiting visa to the USA, I would like to know my chances of converting it to a student visa when I visit in August. Also, in the event that I'd have to come back to Nigeria to apply for my student visa, if the student visa is denied, would my visiting visa be cancelled?
Thanks to everyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 10:42pm On Jul 27, 2014
dandawi: Good day to the good people of Nairaland.
Here's my question,
I have a valid visiting visa to the USA, I would like to know my chances of converting it to a student visa when I visit in August. Also, in the event that I'd have to come back to Nigeria to apply for my student visa, if the student visa is denied, would my visiting visa be cancelled?
Thanks to everyone
you cant convert your visit visa to f1, if your student visa is denied, your visit visa is stull valid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
stevecrun: where in houston are you zee?
and who told you am in houston? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sponge3:

Which kind bad belly custom officer be dat na?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2014
DanjaNinja:

Which kind bad belly custom officer be dat na?
thats how it is. we have enough beans in america plus they dont accept all maggi and gala is no no
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kpolli(m): 10:58pm On Jul 27, 2014
Sponge3:

Trash your maggie ke?? Did u tell them it was chicken flavor??

Gala cry cry cry cry
Why did u declare ur gala?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
zeezahbee: thats how it is. we have enough beans in america plus they dont accept all maggi and gala is no no

Ok Boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by STENON(f): 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2014
To
those that gt their visas approved congrats n enjoy obamaland...

To those that were denied, God is willing to help you the more...Jst
trust in him for ur nxt appointmnt to be a successful one.....

To those that wil be going for their interview in this week.......I wish you a successful visa
transcripts....

welldone to you all for ur contributions on this Thread.....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.