Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,386 members, 7,861,060 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456625 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 31, 2014
MsNas: Stevecrun

Congratulations. You really did well and you sure deserved it. Wish you all the best charting the new course. smiley

PS: You should have gone to UCA. Great school and Conway is a great city to live in..... Kidding smiley Congrats again!

Hey you girl! cheesy Are you still gon' host me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 31, 2014
MsNas:
You're welcome. And we were always friends smiley

UCA are notorious for doing that to applicants. Lol. Probably because they offer a generous scholarship, they will nitpick everything on your application. You got your visa now, so screw them. Enjoy your moment of exhilaration, my brother.
thanks sis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 31, 2014
gr8ever:

The journey of a thousand mile begins with a step.

I'm really happy for you brother. Our efforts finally paid off....Thank God we made.

My greetings to your cousin. smiley
abi my nwanne

I will extend your greetings to him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by richard4ssky: 11:58am On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: i ommited all those bro..i showed my mom's statement which was a long roll,my ielts result
He did not ask for my waec ,i finished waec 2006 and my NCE certificate..he did not ask to see these two and i was astonished..na God joor
thanks for the info am happy for you well please do your school accept transcript online when apply for admission and what is the tuition fees for the university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tommgirl(f): 11:59am On Jul 31, 2014
Congrat Stevecrun,enjoy Obamaland... Take this kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Stewee:

NO OFFENCE ZEE, I SWEAR I LOVE YOU cool
angrylemme first report you to seun angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
domex007:

I no argue for that one ooo.. But since you wan show yourself:
Pay half of my tuition abeg,
Its just 1.5m only..
send me your account number grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
richard4ssky: thanks for the info am happy for you well please do your school accept transcript online when apply for admission and what is the tuition fees for the university
yes they do..all school transcript are notarised and sent as scan online..find out more on smsu.edu
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
I really love this thread. I'm glad I found it !

Guys pls I need ur advise. My visa interview is on the 20th but the resumption date on my I-20 is 11th august. What do u think I should do. Has anyone been in this situation and had gotten the Visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
tommgirl: Congrat Stevecrun,enjoy Obamaland... Take this kiss
thanks..we are waiting for your transcript too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idazbawz: send me your account number grin

Ha! The boss..
I will give you my school's account details..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
ase65: I really love this thread. I'm glad I found it !

Guys pls I need ur advise. My visa interview is on the 20th but the resumption date on my I-20 is 11th august. What do u think I should do. Has anyone been in this situation and had gotten the Visa

First, I think you should mail your school and ask for extension letter before going to the embassy.
Goodluck bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idazbawz: angrylemme first report you to seun angry

grin

Lool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ngofancy: 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: I left ikeja with my cousin and his wife at about 5.30am to victoria island
We arrived at about 6.20am at the embassy and checked in for my appointment which was slated for 6.30am.I joined the short queue.After all the normal ritual done before the applicant sees the VO,here is my transcript.

Note-i was tensed i nearly had an heartattack,its my first time at the usa embassy. I was praying to be interviewed by the white lady or the young white guy.I finally got the young guy,my number was A046.

VO-How did you know about this school?
Me-I made my research on the internet using Usnews.com,wikipedia,collegeboard.org and the school's website.

VO-Did you not apply to other schools?
Me-I applied to University of Central Arkansas and Texas Southern University

VO-What does SMSU have that these other two do not have?
Me-both TSU and UCA do not offer out of state tuition scholarship but SMSU does cos international students are allowed to pay same fee with those born in Minnesota(he nods)

VO-Why criminal justice and safety studies?
Me-With a bachelor degree in criminal justice and safety studies,i will be able to ascertain the psychology behind crime,and measures that can be taken to limit the rate of crime in our society thereby rehabilitating offenders.
Sir,i believe our present methods in dealing with criminals in Nigeria has not made our society safe rather it has made our problems worse,so with this degree,i will be able to contribute to the security of lives and properties here in Nigeria.(All this while he was looking at me and i maintained eye contact)

VO-Your sponsor?
Me-My mother
VO-What does she do?
She's owns a cement distributing company,which distributes majorly for Elephant cement co.

VO-How many workers work with her?
Me-Sir,she has two branches one in Asaba and warri and has alot of workers

VO-What's your other qualification?
Me-I have an NCE qualification and i did that from 2009-2012 including the compulsory Teaching practice

VO-Why is your mom sponsoring only you to the usa,don't you have other siblings?
Me-Am the first son and i have 3other siblings
My younger sister is in a law school,the third girl is a medical student in one of the Nigerian unis and the last(he cut me off here)
VO-what do you stand to gain?
Am the first and i will be the heir to her business empire including my dad's houses.

VO(nods and says i will have to issue your visa now,you choose isolo,so pick up your visa there,after 3 working days,we contact you through an sms or email.
Hands me my white pickup slip after circling.
I gave him a thumb up and he smiled.

The journey has not been easy only those that know me will attest.
I thank God for his mercies and unending favour.
Walspring,is a good friend and brother,God will make u smile
Gre8ever,your calls and words of encouragement
Graviton
Bimbola,thanks for correcting my mistakes before i headed to the consulate
Slimmy,God will make you smile soon
Teddyrain,not forgetting u bro...your prayer lines helped too.
If ive not mentioned you no vex,my brain full now.

And my mother,without her i won't be here..I love you mom..she's the happiest mom now in the world..

All those who are headed there soon,be steadfast and commit your needs to God.
I cut off with my girlfriend cos of american visa,am sorry babe,cut off sex,cut off drinking.I was closer to God..
More testimonies sha abound here.

Its being a long journey..THANK GOD WE MADE IT TO AMERICA
Wow....Really very happy for you. Welcome to the Club

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: i ommited all those bro..i showed my mom's statement which was a long roll,my ielts result
He did not ask for my waec ,i finished waec 2006 and my NCE certificate..he did not ask to see these two and i was astonished..na God joor
congrats bro, hoping to share from dis ur grace

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by richard4ssky: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: yes they do..all school transcript are notarised and sent as scan online..find out more on smsu.edu
thanks and how do you notarised your transcript or like notarised at the high court.... And please was the tuition fees let me c if I can afford it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ase65(f): 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
domex007:

First, I think you should mail your school and ask for extension letter before going to the embassy.
Goodluck bro.

cool Thanks I already mailed the school waiting for their response tho. So u mean once I get an extension letter, I'm good to go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rastaforce: 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
dimmy08:

Rastaforce, am heading to TAMUC resuming 21st flying with Etihad....heard kingsville is 2hrs drive to commerce..when r u flying

Yeah Nice one. I'm resuming 18th buh yet to book sha. Will def book this week. We'll def hook up in Texas.
Nice one bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rastaforce: 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
zeezahbee: welcome to TX

Still in Nigeria oo.
Should be in Texas by 17th.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: I left ikeja with my cousin and his wife at about 5.30am to victoria island
We arrived at about 6.20am at the embassy and checked in for my appointment which was slated for 6.30am.I joined the short queue.After all the normal ritual done before the applicant sees the VO,here is my transcript.

Note-i was tensed i nearly had an heartattack,its my first time at the usa embassy. I was praying to be interviewed by the white lady or the young white guy.I finally got the young guy,my number was A046.

Me-I made my research on the internet using Usnews.com,wikipedia,collegeboard.org and the school's website.

Me-both TSU and UCA do not offer out of state tuition scholarship but SMSU does cos international students are allowed to pay same fee with those born in Minnesota(he nods)

Me-With a bachelor degree in criminal justice and safety studies,i will be able to ascertain the psychology behind crime,and measures that can be taken to limit the rate of crime in our society thereby rehabilitating offenders.
Sir,i believe our present methods in dealing with criminals in Nigeria has not made our society safe rather it has made our problems worse,so with this degree,i will be able to contribute to the security of lives and properties here in Nigeria.(All this while he was looking at me and i maintained eye contact)

VO-Your sponsor?
Me-My mother
VO-What does she do?
She's owns a cement distributing company,which distributes majorly for Elephant cement co.

Me-I have an NCE qualification and i did that from 2009-2012 including the compulsory Teaching practice

VO-Why is your mom sponsoring only you to the usa,don't you have other siblings?
My younger sister is in a law school,the third girl is a medical student in one of the Nigerian unis and the last(he cut me off here)
Am the first and i will be the heir to her business empire including my dad's houses.

VO(nods and says i will have to issue your visa now,you choose isolo,so pick up your visa there,after 3 working days,we contact you through an sms or email.

Graviton

And my mother,without her i won't be here..I love you mom..she's the happiest mom now in the world..

I cut off with my girlfriend cos of american visa,am sorry babe,cut off sex,cut off drinking.I was closer to God..

Awesome! Great interview!! You were so prepared. And you're a good boy. You did very well for cutting off the whole thing because those things can bring bad luck. When i was in the university, once it's two weeks to exams, I cut off things and it paid off. Wishing you a lovely day! Take care!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: Yeah, congrats. But expect change of policy soon for future students. This is how it started in UK. When i say something here, I know what I am talking about. Congrats once again and always stay out of trouble cheesy. May God bless you!

"Change of policy" isn't effected because of an isolated incident — that is why I find what you are saying extremely funny and laughable. All the same, thank you and God bless you too, Joebelly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
ase65:

cool Thanks I already mailed the school waiting for their response tho. So u mean once I get an extension letter, I'm good to go.

Yeah, get a letter stating that you resume @ most 1st week of september, if the school can't issue the letter before your interview date the you may have to defer your admission..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
Congratulations, Stevecrun. Have a great time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2014

Stay and make me hate mysef.... Quit running around.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rastaforce: 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2014

VO-Your sponsor?
Me-My mother
VO-What does she do?

Graviton

Congrats bro.
A046 is da lucky number.
That was my number when I got my visa approved on Monday 21st July .

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
MsNas:
You're welcome. And we were always friends smiley

UCA are notorious for doing that to applicants. Lol. Probably because they offer a generous scholarship, they will nitpick everything on your application. You got your visa now, so screw them. Enjoy your moment of exhilaration, my brother.

Are they really that critical? I want to apply.

Has anyone taken the ACT test before on here? I would like to ask some questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
Mjseun: Goldenchic, Amerinancy..... did you get any email as regards visa collection? I just did. Though was sent yesterday afternoon but didn't Hv access to Internet until now so I just it. Will get to dhl office to grab my copy now... thank you Master Jesus the son of The living God
just got my Visa now. All glory to God of Bishop David Oyedepo.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Congratulations, Mjseun and Goldenchic. I know the feeling, when I picked up mine I was having trouble believing it was actually mine till I saw my photo on it — the struggle begins. grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
richard4ssky: thanks and how do you notarised your transcript or like notarised at the high court.... And please was the tuition fees let me c if I can afford it
go to lagos high court if uar in lagos the security men will take you to Ikeja police headquarters some lawyers notarize there..becareful and bargain over price..Don't notarize original copies..

Tuition is 8k a year..total 18,280usd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2: Congratulations, Stevecrun. Have a great time.
thanks bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by khattab008: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Anyone interested in an undergraduate scholarship should check out the Mastercard foundation scholars program at ASU
https://international.asu.edu/MCFScholarsProgram
Peace

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: Awesome! Great interview!! You were so prepared. And you're a good boy. You did very well for cutting off the whole thing because those things can bring bad luck. When i was in the university, once it's two weeks to exams, I cut off things and it paid off. Wishing you a lovely day! Take care!!
Thanks big Joe..its not easy stepping into that room and facing those VOs..
Thanks bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.