Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,077 members, 7,835,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455437 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mckenziii(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2014
Abuja consulate#Got denied @ lagos consulate 3times but I gv glory to God almighty,prayed n fasted severak times,avoid so many things n I was focused.My app was 4 10:15,slept @ my coz place @ sun city est,culd not sleep just medidating n stuffs like dat.woke up aroung 4:16 I didn't use a shower I took a bucket n a bowl n I carried my bible I read almost all d book of psalm on it n prayed n I I had my bath.my coz dat was goin to drop mi @ d emb was stil fast asleep.after d bath I annointed myself n I prophesied.Around 8:30 we moved I got dere around 9:04.first time in abj.we were chked in n I was stil singing.d interview proper. Vo-hello
Me_Good Morning Ma
Vo-pls can u go to window 1 4 some verification
Me-i said no problem.later went to window 1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ceenote: 10:22am On Aug 16, 2014
ceenote: Hi,
Someone should please enlighten me more on the process of switching to a community college. I have someone who wants to do that. Already, he has arrived the US and has an admission(with I-20) from a community college. He has completed the placement tests at the CC, but is yet to report to the first school that he used to get into the US.
Kindly elucidate the matter. Thanks

I eventually found a solution online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mckenziii(m): 10:22am On Aug 16, 2014
I got to window one n a young 9ja lady took my mrv receipt n passport n verifying but note when I got denied d third time @ lagos around july immediately I bought anoda visa fee so she was trying to verify d payments so after she got d info she wrote paid on my appointment confirmation n a code n gave mi back everytin n directed mi to window 5 again,4my mind I dey fear but stil kiping d faith alive.den I got to window 5.I saw d young gurl her nose was pierced wit a gold ring I greeted er n she said hope am good to day n I replied er sure she told mi to put my right 4 fingers on d machine likewise d second. Den my thunbs. N so on after all dat she told mi I can hv my interview now dat I shld join d cue.D devil is a bastard#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:35am On Aug 16, 2014
godG,

There is an urgent email requesting your assistance, Sir.
cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by thighwoh: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2014
I was granted my visa today.. So happy. Transcript coming soon...

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by wiseman2392(m): 10:42am On Aug 16, 2014
@ Rijo02,
Thank you very much for †ђε reply. My field of study is pure and applied Chemistry. I shall be expecting your reply very soon. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olusola009: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2014
thighwoh: I was granted my visa today.. So happy. Transcript coming soon...

Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by launrey(m): 10:57am On Aug 16, 2014
olusola009:

I want you to know that GPA alone doesn't give one admission, everythin works all together(GPA, STATEMENT OF PURPOSE,RECOMMENDATION LETTER, GRE) just as you have said low GPA, low GPA must be accompanied with good ST, RL and very good GRE score. Again you have to work on school search, there are some schools that accept 2.7/4.0 some school that request GPA of 3.0/4.0 might even accept you conditionally. So don't be discourage apply to schools.

Regards
Thank you Olusola. Say I have a good ST, RL. What will a good GRE score be?. And please do you know any schools with good acceptance rates. Maybe I could start from there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mckenziii(m): 11:03am On Aug 16, 2014
Not dat july I was tlking about was last year 2013.so I went to d cue d line was fast approaching n it got to my turn d white woman dat directed me to window 1 innitially was d one dat interviewed mi.
Me-am back ma
Vo-u welcome how r u
Me-fine
Vo-ur document pls
Me-passed it
Vo-chking my passport again 4 like 3mins,just looking @er
Vo-what course
Me-international economics
Vo-wot skl
Me-valparaiso uni
Vo-why valpo
Mevalpo has a detailed study plan they offer xcellent research opportunities,an outstanding faculty N according to usnews valpo r recognised as one of d best regional uni in d midwest since 1990
Vo-ok good
Vo-who is ur sonsor
Me-my dad
Vo-wot does he do
Me-he is a rtd major in d NA and now d ceo of bla bla comp an oil servicing firm
Vo-can I see ur statement
Me-sure I passed it
Vo-checked n said I shld hold on,she went inside n verify
Me den I was d only one inside d embassy I was pleading d blood of jesus propheseing
Vo-came out n sat down looking @ d screen now asked mi wots ur discipline@ ur first degree
Me-bus admin
Vo-u work
Me-i said I work as a financial officer @ bleep
Vo-just smiled dat I will hv to approve ur visa now.she gave mi d pickup leta
Me-immediately I pick race
Vo-cald mi back dat I forgot my i20
Me-i said oh sorri,she gave mi n I thanked er.God is wonderful.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by wiseman2392(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2014
good day in the house, pls can people here enlight on this: i am graduate of pure and applied Chemistry witht a GPA 4.15. please i really want to know much about what score do i need to get in GRE and TOEFL to place me on a good chance to qualify me for admission and scholarship. thanks shall be waiting for reply soonest
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by launrey(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2014
wiseman2392: good day in the house, pls can people here enlight on this: i am graduate of pure and applied Chemistry witht a GPA 4.15. please i really want to know much about what score do i need to get in GRE and TOEFL to place me on a good chance to qualify me for admission and scholarship. thanks shall be waiting for reply soonest
Bro. It depends on the school and the intending program requirement. But with that GP I think you are on a good standing to get admitted say you have a >310 GRE and a IELTS of 6.0 and above in addition to good recommendation and strong statement of purpose(letter of intent). Believe!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mustghan(m): 11:55am On Aug 16, 2014
Good day house, I have a Masters degree in chemistry but not that good. I want go for PhD in pharmaceutical chemistry , currently working BT wanna study in Either Canada, US, or South Africa. I need help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by teemodel: 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
teddyrain: bros make we yan in naija default because of some VO here .You mean say if I bounce straight to CC my skul 4 Illinois no go transfer my sevis banana to me? Because their first semester money even pass my cc tuition per year by almost half. Bros decorate me this yanz well a so I go know which level ekelebe dey.
Correct man[] cheesy

Bros please help me tell ur sweet girl to reply my pm abeg....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
thighwoh: I was granted my visa today.. So happy. Transcript coming soon...

in JAY Z's voice: You ARE WELCOME!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by wiseman2392(m): 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
i found this site very interesting and educative. i love the response of the house, pls can people kindly help me get the links be it for soft or hard copies of materials for GRE and TOEFL. I will really appreciate that. Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by wiseman2392(m): 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
@launrey
Thank you very much for the reply. I am very grateful, also i dont mnd if u can help me with materials on GRE and TOEFL. i will appreciate that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
wiseman2392: i found this site very interesting and educative. i love the response of the house, pls can people kindly help me get the links be it for soft or hard copies of materials for GRE and TOEFL. I will really appreciate that. Thanks a lot
Send a blank mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mckenziii: Not dat july I was tlking about was last year 2013.so I went to d cue d line was fast approaching n it got to my turn d white woman dat directed me to window 1 innitially was d one dat interviewed mi.
Me-am back ma
Vo-u welcome how r u
Me-fine
Vo-ur document pls
Me-passed it
Vo-chking my passport again 4 like 3mins,just looking @er
Vo-what course
Me-international economics
Vo-wot skl
Me-valparaiso uni
Vo-why valpo
Mevalpo has a detailed study plan they offer xcellent research opportunities,an outstanding faculty N according to usnews valpo r recognised as one of d best regional uni in d midwest since 1990
Vo-ok good
Vo-who is ur sonsor
Me-my dad
Vo-wot does he do
Me-he is a rtd major in d NA and now d ceo of bla bla comp an oil servicing firm
Vo-can I see ur statement
Me-sure I passed it
Vo-checked n said I shld hold on,she went inside n verify
Me den I was d only one inside d embassy I was pleading d blood of jesus propheseing
Vo-came out n sat down looking @ d screen now asked mi wots ur discipline@ ur first degree
Me-bus admin
Vo-u work
Me-i said I work as a financial officer @ bleep
Vo-just smiled dat I will hv to approve ur visa now.she gave mi d pickup leta
Me-immediately I pick race
Vo-cald mi back dat I forgot my i20
Me-i said oh sorri,she gave mi n I thanked er.God is wonderful.
Congrats. Valpo is nice and friendly. It's pretty close to Chicago. 2 hours drive. Take a shuttle bus when you get to Chicago. We'll hang out later in Chicago by God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
wiseman2392: @ Rijo02,
Thank you very much for †ђε reply. My field of study is pure and applied Chemistry. I shall be expecting your reply very soon. Thanks

Great! Chemistry is awesome and can easily help you diversify in various fields; academic or industry. Well you can get assistantship if you commence communication with a prof(with ongoing research) in any above average schools chemistry department. I said that because cost is part of consideration and thats many of my classmates (Americans) made me understand.
MSc has fewer assistantship opportunity especially if your letter of recommendation is not trusted unlike Phd which is 98% guaranteed. So you might choose the Phd option (4yrs if your fast) or even try the MSc.
All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
CodeineJunkiee:
sad
It not, infact it's a very good school too. I applied into IFOD for same flight dispatcher course tho I'm not thru with my visa arrangements (i-20 form and SEVIS payments). I think IFOD is quite the cheapest around with a good track record. Someone in the aviation industry referred me to the school, also heard their pass rate is high.

One doesn't want to spend so much only for one to flunk the course. Was just trying to see if you can change your mind and come to IFOD grin Best of luck tho

IFOD seems to be a good school. I know 3 people who went there for dispatch courses. But i'm of the opinion that they ain't so good in Pilot training.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by launrey(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
wiseman2392: @launrey
Thank you very much for the reply. I am very grateful, also i dont mnd if u can help me with materials on GRE and TOEFL. i will appreciate that
Erm.
For GRE
Manhattan GRE
Barron
Gruber's
Magoosh (so I hear)
For TOEFL/IELTS
I hear online materials help
But I think British Council sells some materials for practise if u registering with them (not sure though. Please confirm).
Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by GIANTSTRIDE(m): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Visa approved in Lagos Embassy;Transcript shortly....To Him be all the Glory

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ocmorale: 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
For those who need GRE & TOEFL materials, I have the e-copies of kaplan, barons, manhattan, cracking the Gre 2013, grubber 2013, gre math bible(nova), ETS official guide for both gre & TOEFl. I am very ready to copy them out to anyone who needs it for free. Preferably for those in Abuja cos I can't upload them. They are heavy files. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by launrey(m): 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
ocmorale: For those who need GRE & TOEFL materials, I have the e-copies of kaplan, barons, manhattan, cracking the Gre 2013, grubber 2013, gre math bible(nova), ETS official guide for both gre & TOEFl. I am very ready to copy them out to anyone who needs it for free. Preferably for those in Abuja cos I can't upload them. They are heavy files. Thanks.
Abuja alone?. Haba. Share the love to Lagos too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2014
Congratulations to everyone who had their F1 visas approved.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mustghan: Good day house, I have a Masters degree in chemistry but not that good. I want go for PhD in pharmaceutical chemistry , currently working BT wanna study in Either Canada, US, or South Africa. I need help

Either
That word doesn't show clarity of purpose
All these countries have different requirements for graduate studies

I suggest you do more research and know what line you want to follow.
Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mustghan: Good day house, I have a Masters degree in chemistry but not that good. I want go for PhD in pharmaceutical chemistry , currently working BT wanna study in Either Canada, US, or South Africa. I need help
I know two people who are doing PhD in Chemistry (it think one is Organic and the other Pharmaceutical) at the University of Kansas, Lawrence. You might wanna check the school out. The give generous funding and stipend. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey also offers something like that. Go online and mail a few professors.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
launrey: Hello house. Please I have a GP of 3.04/5.0 (I think that's a 2.4/4.0 on the American scale). I know that this is quite low. But I hear it's not impossible to get a graduate school in the US. My lecturers have promised to help write good recommendations, and I will be taking the GRE soon hoping to get good scores and the IELTS too. Please I have looked into the admission requirements of most grad schools in different states at the US and generally a 3.0/4.0 is advisable. I need nairalanders to help me identify schools that it's probable to get admitted. A MSC degree in Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering are my interests.(i had my undergraduate in Chemical Engineering)
Thanks.
Nope. Your GPA shouldn't be 2.4/4.0. If I can take a wild guess, it should be around 2.9-3.0/4.0. I will advise you to try WES out. The give the best evaluations. For schools that offer your course, check out schools in Southern America. Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee and so on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2014
Graviton2: godG,

There is an urgent email requesting your assistance, Sir.
cheesy

Okay boss.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by launrey(m): 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
MsNas:
Nope. Your GPA shouldn't be 2.4/4.0. If I can take a wild guess, it should be around 2.9-3.0/4.0. I will advise you to try WES out. The give the best evaluations. For schools that offer your course, check out schools in Southern America. Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee and so on.
MsNas,
Please I want to know how the WES thing works. What is it and how do I get it? (PS please don't get my hopes up o. My emotions already over the roof).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
launrey:
MsNas,
Please I want to know how the WES thing works. What is it and how do I get it? (PS please don't get my hopes up o. My emotions already over the roof).
Go to www.wes.org and see for yourself. I'm not trying to get your hopes up, take me words with a pinch of salt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by DanjaNinja(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
launrey:
Abuja alone?. Haba. Share the love to Lagos too.

For Nova, Mahanttan and Grubber 2015 edition, Send a blank mail to selfstudy.version2@gmail.com. You can get the remainder by sending a blank mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.