Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,469 members, 7,843,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455731 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
@WHIZBRO I've sent d PM again.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 11:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Just checked my ETS account just now

I'm still on for tomorrow, GOD will see me through!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 11:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Checked my ETS account just now

@Sam, when exactly did you register?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
Walecrsyler: honourable house. pls i need everyone's opinion on this.
I made my sevis fee payment thru xxxx on monday 4th of nov. I was told i would be able to print out my receipt from fmjfee.com in 3 working days. I have trying to print out my receipt but it keeps telling me Record not found. I called Geiva's office today and they said the payment has been made n i wld be able to print before the end of today bt i just checked it still says the same thing - Record not found. Im confused n bothered as my interview comes up early nxt week. Pls wat do u guys advise i do. Will i be allowed into the embassy without the receipt? Can the vo verify online if i have truely paid? Can the interview be conducted without the receipt,i still have the receipt i used in paying thru Geiva. Pls let me knw what you people think. Thanks

Hey bro, dont worry about that if they truly make the payment for you it will reflect real soon cos it usually take 7-10 at Bleep u paid through just have patience till Tuesday/wednesday cos Monday is holiday in USA.

Also VO can verify/check if you pay but is not advisable for you to go there without your printed copy of the payment who knows if the person that will verify/check it for u will be in good mood or not?

Anyway when is your interview next week? US embassy wont open on Monday since its Veteran's day and it can reflect before tuesday morning for you to print it out before ur interview day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 11:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
ikaboy:

Yes, she is my blood sister. she is married and a citizen. My just competed ds160 is indicating that i dont have a sibling in the US. and if the vo ask. i intend telling him that i used to have but she has since returned to Nigeria.

Guys please advise. Gurus the boss, are u there?

Don't what you just said oo, it makes it more complicated as there's no proof for them to know she's back her.

I'll advice you to stick with what you filled in your ds160, if you have submitted it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
ikaboy:

Yes, she is my blood sister. she is married and a citizen. My just competed ds160 is indicating that i dont have a sibling in the US. and if the vo ask. i intend telling him that i used to have but she has since returned to Nigeria.

Guys please advise. Gurus the boss, are u there?

If am not wrong, I think the first time u filled ur DS160 u claimed that u have a sister in USA and u were denied... Right?

Now u filled another DS160 and cliamed that u dont have a sister in USA.... Right?

Is that's what u have done? Well my brother am sorry to say u are heading to another denial because the first DS160 record was there on their record/system..

So i will advise u to stick back to what u filled in the first DS160 and then explain to the VO if he/she ask if u have sister in USA cos who knows if your sister already file ur name before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 1:38am On Nov 09, 2013
WHIZBRO: @Samnoah, sorry o, no be me cause am o, suppose say I dey do runs na Range Rover Sport I for dey use like Mack IV. Anyway reschedule it to Benin or Ghana (if u have GRE). You can ride with me on any weekend. 2mao na Cotonou I dey go. Fix and holla me

Where is godG? U get that package with me.

Lol @ exam coordinator for Africa.... Got more miles than a 1972 SEAT... That is what I drive

Whew! Lately, I have been busy. Sent u a PM already, bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 1:39am On Nov 09, 2013
Graviton: Just checked my ETS account just now

Amen! Go defy it! God's best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nov2(m): 2:15am On Nov 09, 2013
Pls house kindly advise, I jt check my toefl result now and find out that my result has being concealed embarassed, pls what can I do as my interview comes up next month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:17am On Nov 09, 2013
Nov2: Pls house kindly advise, I jt check my toefl result now and find out that my result has being concealed embarassed, pls what can I do as my interview comes up next month

Sorry about that. I don't think those results will be released anytime soon. You can retake another one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 3:34am On Nov 09, 2013
nomso27:

cheesy thanks sis cheesy cheesy cheesy I no fit laugh abeg. Well my handle sounds feminine like my name is Lisabeth. Lisadem is actually coined from my names. Peeps that i talk to off NL know them wink ... Address me as bro next time sis sorry! Bro Nomso grin.

which state are you ? Texas

Do u get to see african dishes ? Yeah! Only ate junks for few days when i came but now i don't play with my African dishes.I cook most time during weekends and that sustains me throughout the week.

Have a pleasant stay in Pennsylvania
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ikaboy: 5:44am On Nov 09, 2013
Walspring:

If am not wrong, I think the first time u filled ur DS160 u claimed that u have a sister in USA and u were denied... Right?

Now u filled another DS160 and cliamed that u dont have a sister in USA.... Right?

Is that's what u have done? Well my brother am sorry to say u are heading to another denial because the first DS160 record was there on their record/system..

So i will advise u to stick back to what u filled in the first DS160 and then explain to the VO if he/she ask if u have sister in USA cos who knows if your sister already file ur name before?

yes you are right. My new DS160 is indicating that she has left the States. Base on your advice i will reverse that. Thanks guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by harkynon(m): 5:57am On Nov 09, 2013
FutureDon:

ETS examination coordinator for Africa grin

Hi house, kindly assist. I got a mail from ets last week that I have been rescheduled for jan 10 in ibadan. I wrote them a mail of my disatisfaction and that they should look for a way around it to reschedule me for a neighbouring country so that I can write the exam before december. On checking my profile again, I realised the jan 10 has been cancelled. Now I have sent them series of mail to reschedule me but no replies from them. I tried making another order but its bringing me a 175usd option and not 25usd for reschedule. Can anyone tell me how to go about making a reschedule?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 7:09am On Nov 09, 2013
godG:

Amen! Go defy it! God's best.
Thanks, bro

I'm ready and all set to go. I'll be updating the house on any developments *keeping fingers crossed*

#TeamGODdey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 7:13am On Nov 09, 2013
Nov2: Pls house kindly advise, I jt check my toefl result now and find out that my result has being concealed embarassed, pls what can I do as my interview comes up next month
shocked Haba! ETS e no good o!

I'm really sorry to hear that, it is well

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 7:41am On Nov 09, 2013
lisadem:

Have a pleasant stay in Pennsylvania

grin chei! I wan fall ma hand o! Sorry bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 7:43am On Nov 09, 2013
ikaboy:

yes you are right. My new DS160 is indicating that she has left the States. Base on your advice i will reverse that. Thanks guys

reverse ? Have u submitted ur ds-160 yet ? If u've nt then u still hv d chance to make changes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by samnoah(m): 9:50am On Nov 09, 2013
WHIZBRO: @Samnoah, sorry o, no be me cause am o, suppose say I dey do runs na Range Rover Sport I for dey use like Mack IV. Anyway reschedule it to Benin or Ghana (if u have GRE). You can ride with me on any weekend. 2mao na Cotonou I dey go. Fix and holla me

Where is godG? U get that package with me.

Lol @ exam coordinator for Africa.... Got more miles than a 1972 SEAT... That is what I drive

Sorry bro. Thanks for the offer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:05am On Nov 09, 2013
i am at the testing centre right now, it seems there won't be any exams.

i'll keep hoping and praying.
ETS, you have jeopardized the lives of countless nigerian students, e be like say na IETLS sure pass
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:23am On Nov 09, 2013
nomso27:

reverse ? Have u submitted ur ds-160 yet ? If u've nt then u still hv d chance to make changes.

Even though he have submitted the ds160, he can still fill another ds160 again. All he need is for him to go to booking appointment website and insert the new ds160 code there and update his profile over there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:26am On Nov 09, 2013
Graviton: i am at the testing centre right now, it seems there won't be any exams.

i'll keep hoping and praying.
ETS, you have jeopardized the lives of countless nigerian students, e be like say na IETLS sure pass

Bro... Do u see any sign that exam will hold at your centre?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 11:15am On Nov 09, 2013
Walspring:

Bro... Do u see any sign that exan will hold at your centre?
mehn..i've been here for close to 3 hours now...still no show
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Adroitbabz: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
Graviton: mehn..i've been here for close to 3 hours now...still no show

Bro itz soo annoyin man. Infact i jst got mail frm ETS on d cancellation of centers with statements that all payment has been refunded.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nov2(m): 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pls is there anybody that sat for toefl around September? Have u checked of recent, if yes, do u still have ur result or what. Cuz when I checked my profile on toefl websites all my details where still available jt dat d only thing was display was Result NOT AVAILABLE. And I called the agent that helped me what he said was it only those that have not written d test that are affected with dis EST stuff. So pls I want to know ao true it is, so I can know what to do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sholay2011(m): 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nov2: Pls is there anybody that sat for toefl around September? Have u checked of recent, if yes, do u still have ur result or what. Cuz when I checked my profile on toefl websites all my details where still available jt dat d only thing was display was Result NOT AVAILABLE. And I called the agent that helped me what he said was it only those that have not written d test that are affected with dis EST stuff. So pls I want to know ao true it is, so I can know what to do.
I wrote my TOEFL October 11 and the last tym I checked d result, it was still there oh.

But lemme quickly recheck sha sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2013
Graviton: mehn..i've been here for close to 3 hours now...still no show

U still dey wait? It's IELTS now or Ghana-Benin way!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nov2(m): 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
@ sholay2011 have u check it? What do u have?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by samnoah(m): 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
Graviton: Checked my ETS account just now

@Sam, when exactly did you register?

Registered on the 25th of September against November 22. How was your exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mandybaby2007: 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hello house, sorry i went AWOL after posting my visa interview experience, had some issues with my phone didnt want to buy anoda one cos my next fone na yankee i wan buy am grin, CONGRATULABIA TO BABSHARON!! Babsharon u were of great help to me i thot u were already in Obamaland sef! Congrats to Nomso and other sucessfull spring term VISA collectors the thread long i no remember names. Amefrica am sorry to read about your delay but fighters never give up learn from Lisadem she was delayed twice but wasnt deterred she was granted the third attempt now she dey obamaland, there are other pple too that didnt get thier visa at first attempt but they are in Obamaland now, so dont be discouraged just be focused and determined. I learnt a lot from this forum and am back to give back to the forum.
Its sad to read of our delisting from ETS GOD HELP NAIJA! Anyborry going my way in December? I dey go minnesota via chicago. My school dey illinois but i wan go minnesota to gallivant before resumption

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nov2: Pls is there anybody that sat for toefl around September? Have u checked of recent, if yes, do u still have ur result or what. Cuz when I checked my profile on toefl websites all my details where still available jt dat d only thing was display was Result NOT AVAILABLE. And I called the agent that helped me what he said was it only those that have not written d test that are affected with dis EST stuff. So pls I want to know ao true it is, so I can know what to do.

Bro, am sorry to ask you this questions below;

1, do you runs your toefl?
2, what do u score in your toefl?
3, where do u write your toefl exam?
4, do u write it via first logic?

The questions above will determine why your result was removed because this toefl of a thing is getting too much and what i can say is that those that registered through place/agents and ETS noticed that those place/agents are linked with exam fraud/malpractise maybe that was the reasons why they removed their results and leave the rest of the people results which they feel that they dont have traces to exam fraud/malpractices through those place/agents where they were registered

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
Adroitbabz:

Bro itz soo annoyin man. Infact i jst got mail frm ETS on d cancellation of centers with statements that all payment has been refunded.
Just got mine, The children of the Most High must survive. ETS, It's unfair what you've done;(
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sholay2011(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
Nov2: @ sholay2011 have u check it? What do u have?
I just checked. ...my result still dey dia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.