Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455197 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
godG, sir

You've got mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

People are going to make getting student visa for those English countries hard at the embassy. Do you think embassies won't have been notified by ets?
it is already a done deal, I won't be surprised if schools in the States begin looking seriously into Nigerians (and other africans, no doubt) in their application pool each year.

Come what may though, GOD dey. Genuine students will continue to make their way
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
Graviton: it is already a done deal, I won't be surprised if schools in the States begin looking seriously into Nigerians (and other africans, no doubt) in their application pool each year.

Come what may though, GOD dey. Genuine students will continue to make their way

Sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by chikenjoku1yah: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ricky do I need to pay sevix fee before I book an emagency appointment? I no they need I20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
chikenjoku1@yah:
Ricky do I need to pay sevix fee before I book an emagency appointment? I no they need I20

Nope, nope
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
WHIZBRO: Well I took some of my people for TOEFL @ ESCAE University, don't be fooled by the name it is not as big as the division of student affairs office of the University I graduated from (Great Ife!!!!).
We got to the gate of the centre around 9, The guys passport was requested, we provided it, with the gate still locked they took the passport to their 'passport' expert to verify the 'originality'. We were allowed in and given a form to fill and suddenly this girl came out and said we can't allow you to test, there was a reason all the centres in Nigeria were shut, 'you people' should not come and shut this place o.
Na so I vex, told her if she was not proud of her African blood she can drain it and have caucasian blood transfused into her, used some expletives, but my hand come fall as upto 7 nigerians were not allowed to test because they came with obviously fake passports or have tested somewhere else in Benin R with another passport under another name.
On the overall, My guys tested but I can tell you upto 3 Nigerians mercenary out of 7 test takers, (some I know from earlier times) wrote with names other than their Birth names that I know. Whether they did change of name I do not know?
But to save yourself a heartache, If you are going to test in Benin, Go with an alternate ID. From your skul, work, church or Ogboni.
I do not need to tell you Naija's reputation is in tatters, sadly it is not due to 'external' forces but our doing.

Food for thought; A guy I knew to be Ayo wrote for Iloka yesterday.... Water don pass Garri

I hope you apologized to that girl.But it's British Council too good for their IELTS? Folks may invade there too! WAEC & NECO are all gone!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
chikenjoku1@yah:

Nope..... But make sure u pay your sevis before you appear at the embassy for your visa interview...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
chikenjoku1@yah:

No bro. You can book your appointment before you pay your sevis fee.

NB: You will need to pay your sevis fee before you go for your visa interview. You can pay your sevis fee atleast 2 weeks before the date of your interview in other to allow enough time for the processing of your sevis fee receipt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
chikenjoku1@yah:
Attention
You guys are getting his question wrongly, not appointment but emergency appointment. You need to pay your sevis fee first bro, what if embassy gives u next week date what will you do without your sevis fee confirmation with you. Pls pay your sevis fee before booking emergency, delay is dangerous

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
Hello,
I've got a Kaplan TOEFL prep book for sale grin

News just reaching me, it appears a certain somebody got info that VOs actually visit our thread as guests. True?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Graviton: Hello,

News just reaching me, it appears a certain somebody got info that VOs actually visit our thread as guests. True?

Does it matter if they do? We are genuine students/applicants.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2013

They are welcome. That shouldn't surprise you. Internet is a proof that the earth is small and spherical. kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
hello wonderful people! Pls i need help on a particular page 'summary of educational experience' of applytexas application form. The instruction is as follows:

Column one represents your years in school: begin with the first year. There is one line for
each year.

In column two and three fill in the calendar years you attended each school.

In column four write your age. Perhaps you were five years old when you entered your first year
of school, so type 5 in the appropriate column;
continue by putting your correct age for each of
the subsequent levels attended.

In column five type in the name of the level or class of each year. Use the terminology of the country where the school was located. Do not
try to translate into American terminology. In

column six type in the kind of school you attended, using the terminology of the country
where the school was located. Do not try to translate into American terminology. In column seven type in the name of any examinations you passed or certificates you
earned at the end of the school year. For
example, if you completed secondary school at
the end of your twelfth school year, type the
name of the final document you received. Do not try to express the name of any document in the american equivalent.

Pls guys, I need help concerning column 5. What are d various levels in Nigeria?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2013

This thread does not support fraud, justwise is doing a great job by making sure discipline is maintained here. So there is nothing to worry about the VOs visiting this our thread.

Pls where is TNT office in Owerri, I may need them to pickup my I-20 within the week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
Graviton: godG, sir

You've got mail

The word in bold, why? smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by deoladtop: 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
Good day house.kindly enlighten me.my husband is on an f1 visa.i plan to visit him later in the year.what are the chances of getting my f2 visa approved since I don't have any intention to stay back with him.am currently working just going for some few weeks with the kids.i was told applying for b2 will be easier.pls advise f2 or visiting visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
mandybaby2007:

Lisadem you r a guy?? Didn't know o, lisa is feminine na!! I meant school doesn't resume till jan so am going 2minnesota 2chill til jan wil go 2illinois in jan.
Yep. That's what i thought about your tour too. Am afraid you might probably get chilled to the bone in Minnesota while trying to *chill out* smiley Relish the chilly weather anyways...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 1:07am On Nov 11, 2013
winbyforce:

Never said it did...just relaying information, that's all cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 1:13am On Nov 11, 2013
godG:

The word in bold, why? smiley
accord respect to whom respect is due, wasn't it what the bard said?

You'll forgive me but I think "sir" is permanently stuck to your name as far as I'm concerned cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 1:14am On Nov 11, 2013
Tochium:

This thread does not support fraud, justwise is doing a great job by making sure discipline is maintained here. So there is nothing to worry about the VOs visiting this our thread.

Pls where is TNT office in Owerri, I may need them to pickup my I-20 within the week.
Justwise is indeed doing a great job, God bless that guy.

Are you in Owerri?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 1:33am On Nov 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

They are welcome. That shouldn't surprise you. Internet is a proof that the earth is small and spherical. kiss
I couldn't believe it when he told me, Walahii!

It really got me thinking for a whilecheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 2:28am On Nov 11, 2013
winbyforce:

Graviton: Never said it did...just relaying information, that's all cheesy
The question was meant to be rhetorical;perhaps I didn't state it well enough smiley . The VOs are welcome to our E-family smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 4:41am On Nov 11, 2013
Graviton: Justwise is indeed doing a great job, God bless that guy.

Are you in Owerri?

Yes bro I reside in Owerri tho I travel alot. I knew u r an O-towner.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 9:10am On Nov 11, 2013
@ferdimako
I apologised, she did too when my guys passport passed muster, she is a very beautiful girl, I can't categorically tell you that I have her no or not.
BTW are you guys learners, runs is flowing like water for IELTS, the only thing is people do not take it much and the price is prohibitive (400k) . No be Nigerians dey work for British Council office, don't get it twisted o.

@Adroitzbaba
I did not get your PM

The best test of English for now is PTE Academic conducted by Pearsons ( Owners of GMAT) . They take palm vein / fingerprint of testers. Consider it, most schools accept it. Less stressful than TOEFL and way more secure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by femmoy(m): 9:40am On Nov 11, 2013
but why do Nigerians tarnish our image almost everywhere in the world? some embassies would deny someone of visa and people would say its because he's with a virgin passport. the question is if every embassies deny people based on dis,den which one would eventually dis-virgin the passport?

i pray may things not go well with those people reducing the chance and opportunity of the genuine/innocent Nigerian citizens and i also pray that may the genuine innocent ones always have their wat thru angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:24am On Nov 11, 2013
Tochium:

Yes bro I reside in Owerri tho I travel alot. I knew u r an O-towner.
I wasn't really born there though but Owerri tends to grow on one.

Maybe someday we will meet up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2013
WHIZBRO: @ferdimako
I apologised, she did too when my guys passport passed muster, she is a very beautiful girl, I can't categorically tell you that I have her no or not.
BTW are you guys learners, runs is flowing like water for IELTS, the only thing is people do not take it much and the price is prohibitive (400k) . No be Nigerians dey work for British Council office, don't get it twisted o.
hold up a sec, Sir

400K for what?shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:31am On Nov 11, 2013
femmoy: but why do Nigerians tarnish our image almost everywhere in the world? some embassies would deny someone of visa and people would say its because he's with a virgin passport. the question is if every embassies deny people based on dis,den which one would eventually dis-virgin the passport?

i pray may things not go well with those people reducing the chance and opportunity of the genuine/innocent Nigerian citizens and i also pray that may the genuine innocent ones always have their wat thru angry
I concurangry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:56am On Nov 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

People are going to make getting student visa for those English countries hard at the embassy. Do you think embassies won't have been notified by ets? Some years ago, US embassy asked one academic question but they stop it around last year. I guess the one they will come up with soon will be like passing paper continuing one verbal and one quantitative question to Grad F1 applicants.

Then you go come see sweat under AC grin
Nigeria is indeed on a long thing. God help us

Can I pay my admission fees with GTB mastercard?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gr8ever(m): 11:08am On Nov 11, 2013
WHIZBRO: @ferdimako

@Adroitzbaba
I did not get your PM

The best test of English for now is PTE Academic conducted by Pearsons ( Owners of GMAT) . They take palm vein / fingerprint of testers. Consider it, most schools accept it. Less stressful than TOEFL and way more secure.

Is there anything they can't runz in this country? International exams we thought it'll be different is not left out. sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 11:19am On Nov 11, 2013
gr8ever:

Is there anything they can't runz in this country? International exams we thought it'll be different is not left out. sad
Na that 400k still dey startle me,[s]imagine me wey never get 2pennies to rub against each other[/s]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 11:33am On Nov 11, 2013
A time will come in this country when we'll start runzing heaven, no exam wey dey no dey runs for 9ja but the big 3 are TOEFL, GRE, SAT and/or ACT. The GMAT can be runzed too, a Madueke paid 750k for it @ First Logic, He's looking for 600 and above for MBA @ Cranfield. Wetin I neva see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.