Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456264 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by conyema12(m): 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
kunlebal:
You need to wait for your I-20 because of your Sevis fee number and your school code, and for somebody helping you to pay. You need to fill I-901 form and scan to him/her and Tell the person to help u to buy money order and send to DHS office with the scan copy of your I-901 form

Thanks kunlebal
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
Tochium:

Thanks bro...... u get mouth!

My pleasure!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
conyema12: Happy sunday guys...
Pls i have someone in the US that can pay for my SEVIS, how will he go about this? And will i have to wait for my I-20 to arrive before making this payment?

Go ahead! Only if you have the scanned copy..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojking273: 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2013
Amefrica:

Go ahead! Only if you have the scanned copy..
hello peeps, just wanted to ask if the SEVIS fees cant be paid via VISA card by someone in the USA if he/she has all the details to fill the I-901 Form? cos i saw that option available on the site, would wanna know if it could be done. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2013
ojking273:
hello peeps, just wanted to ask if the SEVIS fees cant be paid via VISA card by someone in the USA if he/she has all the details to fill the I-901 Form? cos i saw that option available on the site, would wanna know if it could be done. thanks

Let him/her go to a WU(quickpay) outlet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojking273: 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2013
Amefrica:

Let him/her go to a WU(quickpay) outlet.
Aight, thanks bro.....but please how is confirmation received after payment is made either via money order or using a WU (quick pay) ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2013
idalex: Good evening house.

@walspring, u've got mail.

Yes i got it and i've replied u back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
ojking273:
Aight, thanks bro.....but please how is confirmation received after payment is made either via money order or using a WU (quick pay) ?

After the payment is made, check this site out after 3-5days www.fmjfee.com and put your SEVIS info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2013
ojking273:

You will confirm it by going to sevis website and check your status for the payment there and payment made via WU take between 1-3 days to reflect on the website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojking273: 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2013
Walspring:

You will confirm it by going to sevis website and check your status for the payment there and payment made via WU take between 1-3 days to reflect on the website
Amefrica:

After the payment is made, check this site out after 3-5days fmjfee.com and put your SEVIS info.

thanks a bunch.....walspring & amefrica.
Appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
sevule: Thank you Kunlebal, Tochium and Walspring for your responses. I really appreciate itt and if i have any other questions I would holler @ this forum

Bro lets give that thanks to big GOD and always feel free to come and ask ur questions. Stay bless!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
ojking273:

Appreciated.

You welcome bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2013
ojking273:

Appreciated.

Our pleasure! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:24pm On Nov 17, 2013
mikemillz: Hello House,
Please dont be angry as i ask this question for this is the first time i am doing this. I just got an admission into a college in Tulsa Okla, US and my visa appointment is scheduled for Jan 2 2014. My questions are....

* What are the vital documents i need to go with, is it photocopies or original copies
* What kind of questions will they ask me and how many mins or hrs does the interview last

I know my reasons of asking this questions cox i need to make amendments to some valid documents of mine if they need the original copies.

Kindly please go with original documents cos photocopy or scanned documents are not good enough.

The following below are the lists of documents you will take along to embassy on the day of your interview;

2or 4 passport photograph
MRV payment receipt from GTbank
International passport valid for the next 6month as of the date of interview
sevis receipt
DS160 confirmation page
Appointment confirmation page
I-20 and admission letter
O'level/Bsc transcript
waec/ssce results
company registration certificate
sponspor statement of account
sponsorship letter
study leave letter on company letter heading
toefl/sat/gre/gmat result

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bodeplot: 11:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
I hail the house...good work from every man...many more good news coming...

@ojking...use Money order,I don't think WU will work self,but incase it didn't work, try Money Order.

God bless us all!!!!!!

One family,one love keep us together
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
bodeplot: I hail the house...good work from every man...many more good news coming...

@ojking...use Money order,I don't think WU will work self,but incase it didn't work, try Money Order.

God bless us all!!!!!!

One family,one love keep us together

One Love!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mandybaby2007: 12:11am On Nov 18, 2013
Please, please and please. Push your flight till 10pm. 2hrs 30mins is not enough for you. I'm assuming your going to have a stopover at Istanbul. That stopover could delay you. I was supposed to have a 6 hours layover at Amsterdam, I ended up staying there for 10hours. I missed my flight, and trust me....i wouldn't want to relive that experience. Me, fresh of the boat, with three heavy bags and disoriented. cry
American Airlines didn't even refund my $180. I ended up paying another $140

I think Chicago O'Hare airport is one of the busiest POE, so prepare for a long wait. I passed through Washington Dulles, and despite the fact that it wasn't busy, I spent almost an hour and a half before it got to my turn[/quote]
dolapobello1:

I have a question. Instead of booking in advance and pushing the flight time backwards, is it not possible to pay for a connecting flight immediately you arrive at the POE (airport)? Or is that more expensive?

Even if it's more expensive, it can't be up to the $320 MsNas paid (in total).

It appears to me that this way, you're sure you won't miss your flight due to unforeseen contigencies in transit, and you won't be subjected to an unending wait at the Port of Entry either.

@MsNas Thank you for sharing ur experience, 10hrs instead of 6 Dats realy scary! Think i wil go for d 9:07pm flight cos my host said if i arrive too late e go sleep 4get me for airport, 10:45pm landing 11:30pm is almost 12midnight, Dolapobello1 booking wen u arive is risky cos flight may b fully booked(rmba its festive period)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pabloexcobar: 1:59am On Nov 18, 2013
House pls I need assistance, I heve already scheduled an appointment for dis month and I observed dat I made a mistake on d DS 160 I used to book d appointment. I was told to retrieve d DS 160 and correct d error. But d issue is dat if I correct d error I will be giving a new confirmation page and BAR CODE which is different from d one on my Visa appointment letter. I want to know if it will have a NegatiVe impact. And I want to knw wat d DS 160 is used for and wen it is used wen u go 4 interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 6:10am On Nov 18, 2013
pablo excobar: House pls I need assistance, I heve already scheduled an appointment for dis month and I observed dat I made a mistake on d DS 160 I used to book d appointment. I was told to retrieve d DS 160 and correct d error. But d issue is dat if I correct d error I will be giving a new confirmation page and BAR CODE which is different from d one on my Visa appointment letter. I want to know if it will have a NegatiVe impact. And I want to knw wat d DS 160 is used for and wen it is used wen u go 4 interview
Fill another DS 160 and go to appointment section and update it with your new DS 160 reference number. When you get to appointment section click update and insert your new reference number to replace the old reference number.
I hope this help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 6:42am On Nov 18, 2013
dolapobello1:

I have a question. Instead of booking in advance and pushing the flight time backwards, is it not possible to pay for a connecting flight immediately you arrive at the POE (airport)? Or is that more expensive?

Even if it's more expensive, it can't be up to the $320 MsNas paid (in total).

It appears to me that this way, you're sure you won't miss your flight due to unforeseen contigencies in transit, and you won't be subjected to an unending wait at the Port of Entry either.
Yes you can get a flight at the airport. But that's subject to availability of seats on the flight.

Chances are, the route may be one with heavy traffic. That means fewer seats left to buy. Its a 50-50 chance.

My friend missed her flight to North Carolina and the girl stayed at the airport for almost 6hours. Cos there were no empty seats to put her in, on subsequent flights. On another side, I have deliberately missed my flight because the time it was scheduled for wasn't convenient for me and I know I'd always get a seat on subsequent ones. The human traffic on these routes determines if you'll get a seat or not.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 6:58am On Nov 18, 2013
Ms Nas:
Yes you can get a flight at the airport. But that's subject to availability of seats on the flight.

Chances are, the route may be one with heavy traffic. That means fewer seats left to buy. Its a 50-50 chance.

My friend missed her flight to North Carolina and the girl stayed at the airport for almost 6hours. Cos there were no empty seats to put her in, on subsequent flights. On another side, I have deliberately missed my flight because the time it was scheduled for wasn't convenient for me and I know I'd always get a seat on subsequent ones. The human traffic on these routes determines if you'll get a seat or not.

Your friend that missed her flight. Did she pay a little extra fee to re-schedule OR did they charged her the price of the FULL fight ticket when she re-scheduled again?

And also which airline did she use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 7:25am On Nov 18, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Your friend that missed her flight. Did she pay a little extra fee to re-schedule OR did they charged her the price of the FULL fight ticket when she re-scheduled again?

And also which airline did she use?
She actually missed her flight cos she didn't know the difference between American Airlines and US Airways. We were there trying to check her in on American Airlines (cos she told me that's the flight she was booked on) and I was looking at her flight leaving not knowing.
She was lucky, they didn't ask her to pay for missing the flight. But i paid when I missed my AA flight.

The other flight I didn't show up for was United and they didn't tell me to pay again. The lady just rescheduled me, after we sweet talked her. So, I guess it also depends on the carrier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mikemillz(m): 8:09am On Nov 18, 2013
@Mandybaby thanks for the update but i still need infos on documents i must go with to the embassy, the complete set of documents i need to go with.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mikemillz(m): 8:14am On Nov 18, 2013
Walspring:

Kindly please go with original documents cos photocopy or scanned documents are not good enough.

The following below are the lists of documents you will take along to embassy on the day of your interview;

sevis receipt
DS160 confirmation page
O'level/Bsc transcript
waec/ssce results
sponsorship letter

@Walspring Thanks very much for the update, is there any way i can contact you, there are somethings i need to share with you that i need serious help on, the appointment time is so close and i dont want to screw tinz up, plzzz i beg you...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:18am On Nov 18, 2013
mikemillz: @Mandybaby thanks for the update but i still need infos on documents i must go with to the embassy, the complete set of documents i need to go with.

sevis receipt
DS160 confirmation page
O'level/Bsc transcript
waec/ssce results
sponsorship letter
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:21am On Nov 18, 2013
mikemillz:

@Walspring Thanks very much for the update, is there any way i can contact you, there are somethings i need to share with you that i need serious help on, the appointment time is so close and i dont want to screw tinz up, plzzz i beg you...

Lets thank God.. You can send me message by clicking on my username and you will see my profile and clieck send message.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 18, 2013
The main ones are:
1. 1-20 from school
2. Passport Photograph
3. Sevis fee Receipt
4. International Passport
5. DS 160 Confirmation page
6. Appointment confirmation Page
7. Visa Fee Receipt from GTBank

Supporting documents are:
8. Transcripts.
9) University certificate(if you are a graduate
already), WAEC certificate if UG.
10) Bank statement.
11) Letter of sponsorship.
12) GRE/GMAT/TOEFL score card.
13) Admission letters from other schools you got admitted into, if any.
Plus any other documents you feel will help support your case. Such as proof of ownership of landed property that indicates home ties.
Please note that this is very optional. You don't
have to go with this document.
14) Prayer
15) Confidence

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by regby: 8:44am On Nov 18, 2013
Please, do I need my sponsor's signature on the sponsor letter? Can anyone help me with a sample sponsor letter so I can compare with the one I have. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 18, 2013
regby: Please, do I need my sponsor's signature on the sponsor letter? Can anyone help me with a sample sponsor letter so I can compare with the one I have. Thanks

Yea, (s)he MUST sign. I don't have a sample
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by regby: 8:55am On Nov 18, 2013
Amefrica:

Yea, (s)he MUST sign. I don't have a sample

Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 18, 2013
regby:

Thanks!

My pleasure! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 9:07am On Nov 18, 2013
Ms Nas:
She actually missed her flight cos she didn't know the difference between American Airlines and US Airways. We were there trying to check her in on American Airlines (cos she told me that's the flight she was booked on) and I was looking at her flight leaving not knowing.
She was lucky, they didn't ask her to pay for missing the flight. But i paid when I missed my AA flight.

The other flight I didn't show up for was United and they didn't tell me to pay again. The lady just rescheduled me, after we sweet talked her. So, I guess it also depends on the carrier.

Wow!!! This is cool. Which means US Airways and United are good then!

And I wanted to actually use US Airways, but they didn't have the perfect timing for me and they were also having lots of stopovers and will end up gettin to my destination - Minnesota very late @ night which I don't want, because I don't know anyone there.

So I settled for Sun country airlines. Got a Non stop flight with No stopovers and will get to Minnesota from JFK NewYork in just 2 hours.

I just pray those ones will reschedule me for free just incase I miss my flight like they did to your friend. I no fit let my $189 waste oooo.

IF I miss my flight, I will sweet talk em thru it like the way you did, wink but if that method no work, then I will convert to madness. gringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.