Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,816 members, 7,851,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456280 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 18, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

IF I miss my flight, I will sweet talk em thru it like the way you did, but if that method no work, then I will convert to madness. gringrin

*faints* grin I swear, you are crayyyyy. Convert am to madness? grin you nor go go get choice than to pay for anoda 1 nii.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 9:23am On Nov 18, 2013
Amefrica:

*faints* grin I swear, you are crayyyyy. Convert am to madness? grin you nor go go get choice than to pay for anoda 1 nii.

Me, Pay anoda fee ke. God forbid, that one no go happen, I don't mind paying anthr litlle extra money to re-schedule but NOT the whole amount again I paid innitially for the flight.

If they charge me 10 to 20% of the money I paid for the flight to re-schedule, then I'm ok with that. wink

BUT to think of paying that flight ticket fee 2wice again, is a NO NO. That one na daylight robbery na.

MS Nas really tried to pay that money twice, me wey get expenses to settle when I reach Minnesota, go con dey tink of payin anthr flight fee again, shey na Jazz dem wan use 4 me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 18, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Me, Pay anoda fee ke. God forbid, that one no go happen, I don't mind paying anthr litlle extra money to re-schedule but NOT the whole amount again I paid innitially for the flight.

If they charge me 10 to 20% of the money I paid for the flight to re-schedule, then I'm ok with that. wink

BUT to think of paying that flight ticket fee 2wice again, is a NO NO. That one na daylight robbery na.

MS Nas really tried to pay that money twice, me wey get expenses to settle when I reach Minnesota, go con dey tink of payin anthr flight fee again, shey I dey crase.

grin All iz well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

MS Nas really tried to pay that money twice, me wey get expenses to settle when I reach Minnesota, go con dey tink of payin anthr flight fee again, shey na Jazz dem wan use 4 me.

Just show them say u be area father if them no wan re-schedule for u and also make sure u halla for them like person wey don chop gala tired for naija...LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by suxes2005(m): 9:55am On Nov 18, 2013
Guys, I need y'all help please.

A friend is currently processing his USA student visa
but we are having problem with his SAT registration.

I have checked collegeboard and the thing is I can't register
from Nigeria through the phone for him.

My question is simple: How do we register the SAT from Nigeria
other than the money order thing been asked for?

Secondly, is it possible for him to write the SAT in south Africa?
He wants to go there for like 2-3 weeks in December ......

Please guys, come to my aid. He's more than a friend to me, just like
a brother and also a member of nairaland !

SHALOM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by pabloexcobar: 10:17am On Nov 18, 2013
Js it possible for the bank to write a sponsorship letter on behalf of ur Dad, especially if the bank statement is for current account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 10:24am On Nov 18, 2013
suxes2005: Guys, I need y'all help please.

A friend is currently processing his USA student visa
but we are having problem with his SAT registration.

I have checked collegeboard and the thing is I can't register
from Nigeria through the phone for him.

My question is simple: How do we register the SAT from Nigeria
other than the money order thing been asked for?

Secondly, is it possible for him to write the SAT in south Africa?
He wants to go there for like 2-3 weeks in December ......

Please guys, come to my aid. He's more than a friend to me, just like
a brother and also a member of nairaland !

SHALOM

It is good you have come here to seek advice.

There is One thing all SAT test takers from Nigeria need to know is that SAT is different from TOEFL or GRE & GMAT where you easily register online.

SAT CANNOT be Registered online for students testing from Nigeria or applying from Nigeria.

You can ONLY register for the SAT through their ONE & ONLY representative in Nigeria.

Go on Collegeboard website - www.collegeboard.org and Click on "SAT" at the left hand side of the page.

You will see the part that states "Register" Click on it, then you will see another part that states "International Representative" Click on that as well

Then you select your nationality - Nigeria. and get the location of their office where you will register in either in Lagos or their Abuja office. Simple!!!

You can as well send me a PM if you still don't get the whole directions, will let you know how to go about the process of the registration.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 10:58am On Nov 18, 2013
pablo excobar: Js it possible for the bank to write a sponsorship letter on behalf of ur Dad, especially if the bank statement is for current account
Bank cant write sponsorship letter for you oooooooooo, they can only give the owner of the account reference letter that is not liable to the bank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olaniyisal: 11:39am On Nov 18, 2013
House, I'm new here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olaniyisal: 11:42am On Nov 18, 2013
Thanks mehn

Amefrica: The main ones are:
1. 1-20 from school
2. Passport Photograph
3. Sevis fee Receipt
4. International Passport
5. DS 160 Confirmation page
6. Appointment confirmation Page
7. Visa Fee Receipt from GTBank

Supporting documents are:
8. Transcripts.
9) University certificate(if you are a graduate
already), WAEC certificate if UG.
10) Bank statement.
11) Letter of sponsorship.
12) GRE/GMAT/TOEFL score card.
13) Admission letters from other schools you got admitted into, if any.
Plus any other documents you feel will help support your case. Such as proof of ownership of landed property that indicates home ties.
Please note that this is very optional. You don't
have to go with this document.
14) Prayer
15) Confidence
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 11:44am On Nov 18, 2013
Walspring:

Just show them say u be area father if them no wan re-schedule for u and also make sure u halla for them like person wey don chop gala tired for naija...LOL

Hahahahahahaaha lol! cheesycheesycheesy funny u cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2013
olaniyisal: House, I'm new here
olaniyisal: Thanks mehn

Double welcome!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by maxmayer: 11:57am On Nov 18, 2013
Please how can I pay my SEVIS fee from lagos. I need help urgently on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olaniyisal: 12:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
My sevis confirmation receipt is showing U.S. address because someone help me to pay... but I filled the ds-160 form and I filled no relatives at U.S.

I need ur advice house and Amefrica

Amefrica:

Double welcome!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
regby: Please, do I need my sponsor's signature on the sponsor letter? Can anyone help me with a sample sponsor letter so I can compare with the one I have. Thanks

Send me a Pm, so I can forward the format for the sponsorship letter to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by regby: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Send me a Pm, so I can forward the format for the sponsorship letter to you.

I've sent you a Pm. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
regby:

I've sent you a Pm. Thanks

Ok. Will send it to you asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

If you intend making changes to the 4 schools on your list, you can easily do that on your collegeboard account.

But if you intend adding additional schools to your list, you need to contact the office where you registered, they will be able to get it Done for you.

Collegeboard, DON'T accept credit card payments from applicants from Nigeria even when one wants to register for the SAT test, one has to go to the ONLY GENUINE representative of SAT in Nigeria, which you just made mention of and register in their office..

okay, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
olaniyisal: My sevis confirmation receipt is showing U.S. address because someone help me to pay... but I filled the ds-160 form and I filled no relatives at U.S.

I need ur advice house and Amefrica

It doesn't matter bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
Where's gr8ever?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xandy84: 1:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
@ Whizbro..

How far bro? I called U n ur number is nt going.. I nid to register GRE bro.. Pls help a broda from another mother.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Wow!!! This is cool. Which means US Airways and United are good then!

And I wanted to actually use US Airways, but they didn't have the perfect timing for me and they were also having lots of stopovers and will end up gettin to my destination - Minnesota very late @ night which I don't want, because I don't know anyone there.

So I settled for Sun country airlines. Got a Non stop flight with No stopovers and will get to Minnesota from JFK NewYork in just 2 hours.

I just pray those ones will reschedule me for free just incase I miss my flight like they did to your friend. I no fit let my $189 waste oooo.

IF I miss my flight, I will sweet talk em thru it like the way you did, wink but if that method no work, then I will convert to madness. gringrin
You can try and sweet talk them but it depends on how lenient the person at the counter is.

Btw, rescheduling is $200. So it makes sense to just buy a new ticket instead if rescheduling. That was why I bought a new ticket.

If you show craze for them, they'll call airport security. Lol. This isn't Naija
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ms Nas:
You can try and sweet talk them but it depends on how lenient the person at the counter is.

Btw, rescheduling is $200. So it makes sense to just buy a new ticket instead if rescheduling. That was why I bought a new ticket.

If you show craze for them, they'll call airport security. Lol. This isn't Naija

*dies twice* grin grin grin Nigerians nor dey carry last.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
mikemillz:

I just did, probably do you have a private email address, mine is xxxxxx@xx.com, i would really love an urgent response from you..

I got it and i've replied u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ms Nas:

OMG!!!! $200, this airport officials are criminals ooooo. See daylight robbery.

Anyways, I will do as you have said, will sweet talk em thru it in anyway possible. Me wey no dey carry last for sweet mouth. I fit even sweet mouth em, wey dem go just use vex re-schedule me go First-class for FREE. grin

Thnx dear!

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.