Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,460 members, 7,861,329 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456640 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by TLeo001: 10:44am On Nov 22, 2013
@imperiouxx: pls check your inbox
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 10:49am On Nov 22, 2013
kessyur:
To you all I say thanks. I will go for the interview on the 26th Nov. The school resumes in Jan, so a cancelation may not work. Let me work with faith n confidence.
Pally pls try and reschedule your visa interview becos personal fund is far different from family fund, why don't you contact your school to give you another I-20 and book emergency appointment around middle of December. It is always good to get your visa at first attempt.
Let do it this way, contact your school for another I-20, cancelled your date with embassy n choose another date around january, when you receive the corrected I-20 look for emergency date with the embassy am sure you will get one around december, go for your interview n get your visa approve. I hope this help. Ricky, amefrica, baba imperiouxx n co you guys is the best. Na preparation no make me come NL most time now but promise to improve. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gracious17: 11:25am On Nov 22, 2013
Gurus; do I need to be contacting the school while preparing for the visa interview. The school sent me an email telling me about the registration of courses. Your advice will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 11:35am On Nov 22, 2013
femmoy:

Nice one Rozay,keep the good work up and God will favour u wherever u go,i pray u shall reign and be celebrated in Minnesota,just keep the good works up.
I also pray 4 boss Imperioux,may God renew his strength and take His time to favour him on all sides as he has taken out of no time to come here and feed the prospective students.
God bless Justwise for creating this thread as well because i've gained alot and by the special grace of God i will come here to share my success story pretty soon. wink

May the Good lord shower his blessings upon you too. You shall come here with your success story soon.

Thanks bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 11:45am On Nov 22, 2013
gracious17: Gurus; do I need to be contacting the school while preparing for the visa interview. The school sent me an email telling me about the registration of courses. Your advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

There is NO harming in contacting your school while preparing for your Visa interview.

You will even use that as a medium to take advantage and get to know more about your school, the professors that will be taking you in some courses in your first year, and the kind of courses you will be taking, just incase the VO might decide to dig deep to ask you certain questions in those areas.

Regarding the Registration, I don't think that is the main registration, because schools can't start registering students for courses when they don't know whether they have gotten their visa or NOT.

The MAIN registration should be in January, during Orientation, that is if you going for the spring semester!

But some schools do start doing online registration to students just to ease the process, prior to the large volume of student registration that will be done in January during Orientation.

By the way, Pls DON'T let that bother you, Focus more on getting your Visa, that is the MAIN issue @ hand now. Then after you get your Visa, you can worry about registration issues..

Success bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gracious17: 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
@Ricky; thank you very much for your detailed explanation. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
Oya you guys should come and drop your happy birthday wishes for my popsy here https://www.nairaland.com/1527308/today-daddys-birthday-yipeeeeeeeee

What are friends for wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
Abeg, if anybody should see any december date in Abuja should let me know. A friend needs it. Dankies smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 1:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
Amefrica: Abeg, if anybody should see any december date in Abuja should let me know. A friend needs it. Dankies smiley

A friend Or You gringrin

Don't worry, will let you know when I see any available date in abuja for december. smiley

#TeamNeverGiveUp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
Amefrica: Abeg, if anybody should see any december date in Abuja should let me know. A friend needs it. Dankies smiley

Bro, no date for December. Earliest date is 26jan. Why not apply for an ED.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sevule(m): 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2013

If it is that urgent your friend could choose Lagos. The earliest appointment date is December 6
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

A friend Or You gringrin

Don't worry, will let you know when I see any available date in abuja for december. smiley

#TeamNeverGiveUp

grin dynamite dey ur head. grin Which one be ur own? lol, it's a friend. smiley thanks tho'

jcaribie:

Bro, no date for December. Earliest date is 26jan. Why not apply for an ED.

Well, I'm not the person that needs it. I'll let him know. Thanks

sevule:

If it is that urgent your friend could choose Lagos. The earliest appointment date is December 6

Nah, he stays in Abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hello House,

Dates are Available in Lagos for 6th, 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th of December.

Those looking for dates should hurry up nowwwwwwwwww and go book a date.

Success!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
Amefrica:

grin dynamite dey ur head. grin Which one be ur own? lol, it's a friend. smiley thanks tho'

grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
This message is mainly for those 2 guys that have errors/mistakes on their I-20.

Ask your school if the admission is not closed yet and if your school say YES, i will advise you to reschedule your interview till mid december and ask your school to re issue another I-20 for you so that the DSO will come over to sign it and you can use any courier service such as fedex,dhl,TNT, ems, USPS to pick it up that will deliver it to Nigeria with 3-5 working days.

By applying this means it will be better rather than taking risk but if your school say admission is closed and they cant issue another I-20, maybe u take that risk and pray for God unmerited favour.

Lastly, RR will explain this better in his own post cos i already told him how DSO works in issuing I-20 according to what my own school DSO told me some weeks ago cos if admission is closed they cant issue and sign I-20 again

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
@ikaboy & keyysur, I just posted available dates @ the Lagos embassy. Isn't it better for you guyz to CANCEL your appointment and book any of the dates I listed above.

If you ask me, I will say 17th Or 18th december will be the best date for the both of you, as it will allow enough time for you guys to arrange yourself and contact your school to get the ERROR on your i-20 corrected and Issue you another NEW and UPDATED i-20 and will allow you enough time also for the i-20 to be processed and be RECEIVED to you here before the date you booked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
nomso27:
grin

You are advertising on behalf of close up. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
@Obajamie you'v got a mail bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
Abeg, make una nor forget oo. This guy needs Abuja date (december) seriously. He should have booked Lagos but he stays in Abuja, he doesn't wanna risk coming down to Lag. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
Amefrica: Abeg, make una nor forget oo. This guy needs Abuja date (december) seriously. He should have booked Lagos but he stays in Abuja, he doesn't wanna risk coming down to Lag. Thanks!

*clears throat* okay. . . cheesy

it's Dabur herbal nt close. . . . tongue

RR posted abt available Dec dates na, u no see am ? :/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
nomso27:

*clears throat* okay. . . cheesy

it's Dabur herbal nt close. . . . tongue

RR posted abt available Dec dates na, u no see am ? :/

Those dates are for Lag.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sevule(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
Amefrica:

Those dates are for Lag.

Amefrica if your friend is serious, he would book a date in Lagos and travel down. People travel from Abj to Lag just to attend weddings and ur friend who is looking for a visa is acting as if he has numerous options waiting for him. If he doesn't want to come down to Lag for his interview please let him know that the only alternative is doing the interview next year.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
sevule:

Amefrica if your friend is serious, he would book a date in Lagos and travel down. People travel from Abj to Lag just to attend weddings and ur friend who is looking for a visa is acting as if he has numerous options waiting for him. If he doesn't want to come down to Lag for his interview please let him know that the only alternative is doing the interview next year.

I like this.

People travel to Ghana to write GRE.

People travel to Coutonu to pay SEVIS.

People travel to London and Canada to attend weddings.

Sevule: You've said it all.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
@Ojap,

I need an information from you. PM me your number pls. I'll call you after class. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
imperiouxx: @Ojap,

I need an information from you. PM me your number pls. I'll call you after class. Thanks

Check your whatsapp.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
OjaP:

Check your whatsapp.

yea, great. I don't use that app very much so I forget about it totally.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by TLeo001: 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
@OJAP AND IMPERIOUXX... ABEG MAKE UNA CHECK YOUR INBOX.

THANKS BIG TIME.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by blackbee: 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
Let me add something here.. I think the I-20 is a vital Document is right. If you call the school and ask them to change it on the SEVIS platform, the VO wont be able to see it. I think its an online thing and they might not even look at what is on your hard copy 1-20. My admission officer made an error on mine, he said if he corrected it on SEVIS platform that it would be visible to the VO, I still insisted that he sends the corrected copy. Once they're facing their computer, they won't see what's on the paper. And when the spot it, then you have a little explanation to make. You will be safer that way, tell them you couldn't get the corrected copy because the delivery wasn't going to be possible before your interview.. My advise, get your admissions officer on the phone and push for the correction that way, you stand a better chance. Gaskiya.
Ricky Rozay:

What are your plans regarding the correction of the Error on your i-20?

NO, If the VO spots the error on your i-20, a mail from the school won't be enough to showcase to him. The VO will still need to see the corrected changes which should reflect on your i-20 and NOT a letter from the school.

I-20 is a VITAL document and all necessary errors corrected or changes made, needs to be reflected on it.

It is NOT difficult to get the error corrected, depending on how fast your school responds to emails. You can send em an email first thing in the morning and inform em there is an Error on your i-20 and you need to get it corrected for the sake of consistency @ the US Embassy, as you intend going to the embassy soon.

Most schools DON'T take errors on i-20 lightly, most especially when it has been spotted, all they will do is to get it Corrected and send you another NEW and UPDATED i-20 which you would take to the embassy.

But I think the school might likely pay for the courier service to ship it down to you since the mistake came from their part OR the otherwise.

Regarding the Resumption date on your i-20, after you get a GREEN LIGHT from your school that the error will be corrected and a new one will be sent to you, You can start contacting the US Embassy to seek emergency appointment, you might be lucky to get a date for mid-december.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hello Room, I will be attending visa interview in Dec 2013 @ lagos consulate for undergraduate, computer science, got admitted to UCO, wrote TOEFL scored 66, the company where I work presently agreed to sponsor me, I have an uncle in the US, finished secondary school in 2010, I filled in ♍Ɣ‎ ds-160 that I have an uncle in the US, please I need all the assisitance I can get. I A̶̲̥̅̊♍ confident I will get the visa but I jjust need assistance to prepare ♍Ɣ‎ self ahead. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
domex007: Hello Room, I will be attending visa interview in Dec 2013 @ lagos consulate for undergraduate, computer science, got admitted to UCO, wrote TOEFL scored 66, the company where I work presently agreed to sponsor me, I have an uncle in the US, finished secondary school in 2010, I filled in ♍Ɣ‎ ds-160 that I have an uncle in the US, please I need all the assisitance I can get. I A̶̲̥̅̊♍ confident I will get the visa but I jjust need assistance to prepare ♍Ɣ‎ self ahead. Thanks!

Wishing u best and i agree with u in faith but i will advise u to read part 4 of this thread from page 1 to 400 and you will see alot of successful interview and delayed interview where you can learn alot from there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
domex007: Hello Room, I will be attending visa interview in Dec 2013 @ lagos consulate for undergraduate, computer science, got admitted to UCO, wrote TOEFL scored 66, the company where I work presently agreed to sponsor me, I have an uncle in the US, finished secondary school in 2010, I filled in ♍Ɣ‎ ds-160 that I have an uncle in the US, please I need all the assisitance I can get. I A̶̲̥̅̊♍ confident I will get the visa but I jjust need assistance to prepare ♍Ɣ‎ self ahead. Thanks!

Company sponsorship? You have to work hard enough in convincing the VO why this company you worked with would want to spend Millions on your education and what will they stand to gain in return.

And also, where is your school located? I hope it isn't that same state where your uncle is.

You need to be careful with the above questions? In other to avoid stories that touch.

The moment you ticked "YES" on the DS 160 form that you have relative in the US, the VO might want to dig deep into your profile to know if you are NOT a potential immigrant. So you will have to do a very hard job in convincing the VO that you will going to the US to study and will return to Nigeria after your studies and NOT running to the state where your uncle is located and settle as a permanent immigrant there.

So you need to work hard enough with your HOME TIES and always try to form the habit of attaching yourself to Nigeria in necessary questions being asked by the VO, where you have the chance to slot that in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
Thanks OjaP and Sevule. I will talk with him

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.