Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,362 members, 7,836,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455481 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 05, 2013
shlloymore: @ Ricky Rozay, Kunlebal and oda guru's in the house. Please which oda skools accepts low GPA as low as 2.29 of 5.0 for masters program.
Please don't refer me to google cus hv bin searching without gud result Cus d only one I got is Calum dat accept 2.0 of 4.0 but the only problem is dat dey dnt offer my course for masters.

Thanks as I await ur response.

Evaluate first!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 05, 2013
bodeplot: Thank God for his mercy endurest for ever.more visa testimonies this month...this WAEC ish for MS stdt na new development,plz carry your waec/neco along. Fellow NL..More success stories grin

Always remember me in your prayer(s).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 05, 2013
This post has been eaten
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 11:52am On Dec 05, 2013
shlloymore: @ Ricky Rozay, Kunlebal and oda guru's in the house. Please which oda skools accepts low GPA as low as 2.29 of 5.0 for masters program.
Please don't refer me to google cus hv bin searching without gud result Cus d only one I got is Calum dat accept 2.0 of 4.0 but the only problem is dat dey dnt offer my course for masters.

If you have a copy of your transcripts and want to translate and have an idea of your result on the 4-point scale, use the steps I've outlined below:

Our A is their A = 4 points on their scale
Our B is their B+ = 3.5 on their scale
C = B = 3.0
D = C+ = 2.5
E = C = 2.0
F = F = 0.

Now, tear out a sheet of paper, and change all the grade points on your transcripts from our 5-point scale to their 4-point scale, multiply each course's grade unit by the new grade point and keep. Where
you had an A in a 3 unit course, instead of multiplying by 5 as usual, you multiply by 4. Where
you made a B, instead of multiplying by 4 formerly you multiply by 3.5 now. Do this for each course.
Your courses credit units still remain the same. Only the grade points will change here. Then sum all total grade points and divide by the total credit units of all courses from first year to final year. The answer will be your gpa on the 4-point scale.

What I just outlined for you is exactly how WES and most US schools convert our transcript to their 4-point equivalent. Below is the conversion scale for Nigeria as obtained from WES's website

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2013

what course are you going for
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by smoothkool(m): 12:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello Ms Nas, how are you, i changed my profile name here because i forgot the password to the former email, I am Tayo,your mutual friend with fidelia you met at the embassy july 15th, dunno if you have a pin or means to chat with you, if yes pls inbox me. Take care of yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Just4mide: 1:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello gurus,pls abt d mode of sponsorship letter I wud take to the embassy,my dad is a current local government chairman can I use d official letterhead paper of his office or the letterhead paper of his personal company pls which one is more preferable for d sponsorship letter pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
Just4mide: Hello gurus,pls abt d mode of sponsorship letter I wud take to the embassy,my dad is a current local government chairman can I use d official letterhead paper of his office or the letterhead paper of his personal company pls which one is more preferable for d sponsorship letter pls?

Either of the 2 or take both.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shlloymore: 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
kunlebal:
what course are you going for

Thank you for d explanation, am doing dat now. course of study microbiology or chemistry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Just4mide: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
Amefrica:

Either of the 2 or take both.
ok bro thanks is ur bb now good if we can connect better or on FB
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
Just4mide: ok bro thanks is ur bb now good if we can connect better or on FB

Yea, now good. Send me a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Just4mide: 2:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
Amefrica:

Yea, now good. Send me a PM
I jst sent a PM nw bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2013
Just4mide: I jst sent a PM nw bro

I jst replied ur PM now bro cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 2:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
smoothkool: Hello Ms Nas, how are you, i changed my profile name here because i forgot the password to the former email, I am Tayo,your mutual friend with fidelia you met at the embassy july 15th, dunno if you have a pin or means to chat with you, if yes pls inbox me. Take care of yourself
I've sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by blackbee: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
Visa Granted... Miraculous... More to Follow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 05, 2013
blackbee: Visa Granted... Miraculous... More to Follow

Congrats bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:43pm On Dec 05, 2013
ayobrain1:
Yes....Confidence is key....But God's favour is the Ultimate.

Brain,

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2013

Bee,

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2013

Wow!!! Wonders shall Never seize to end @ the US Embassy. You are a 29 yr old, going for undergrad studies and still got your US student Visa APPROVED, @ first trial for that matter!!! I give u hand bro!!! This is really miraculous.. God is working magic here!! This thread Is such a blessing. Your coming here to seek guidiance was never in vain.

Congrats bro, I like your drive, you worked hard for this visa and all your efforts paid off. Welcome on board, Enjoy your stay in the United States!

Pop pop pop pop, Pooooppp Champagne!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2013
Welcome to obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 5:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
blackbee,

congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sevule(m): 5:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hi Guys
I know that mobile phones are not allowed in the embassy, but does the embassy provide lockers for safekeeping of mobile phones? If not, where do people that do not come with their own cars keep their mobile phones?

Thanks for answering my rather silly question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
sevule: Hi Guys
I know that mobile phones are not allowed in the embassy, but does the embassy provide lockers for safekeeping of mobile phones? If not, where do people that do not come with their own cars keep their mobile phones?

Thanks for answering my rather silly question

Give the security man with some palm oil.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Fin1: 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2013
Please somebody help me out!
My mum got her immigration visa with 2 of my siblings this week and am going for my student visa interview next week,What document should I present to convience them that am returning back after my studies since she's the 1 sponsoring me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
Fin1: Please somebody help me out!
My mum got her immigration visa with 2 of my siblings this week and am going for my student visa interview next week,What document should I present to convience them that am returning back after my studies since she's the 1 sponsoring me.

Ghen ghen! You have more home ties in US than 9ja now. Why not get another sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
simplejayy: plz house...is the sevis fee meant for one app or can it b use 4 anoda I 20. Thx

Its for only one applicant and it can be use on a single I-20 at a time but you need contact ICE/DHS to transfter it and its only valid for a year..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by simplejayy(m): 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
Walspring:

Its for only one applicant and it can be use on a single I-20 at a time but you need contact ICE/DHS to transfter it and its only valid for a year..
thx bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
simplejayy: thx bro

Lets give thanks to God!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by femmoy(m): 1:21am On Dec 06, 2013

Congrats bro,pls post ur transcript so we can learn from it asap. Thanks and was it lagos embassy or abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:29am On Dec 06, 2013
To me,

I passed my thesis defense some hours ago! kiss

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olarwarlay(m): 1:58am On Dec 06, 2013
imperiouxx: To me,

Congratulations to you Big Brother... You deserve it!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 2:17am On Dec 06, 2013
imperiouxx: To me,

permission to use your shayo simley Oya Take 5 grin

congrats man!!! God is good all the time. You came, you saw and conquered plus that white chick as take home to mama grin grin grin will call you over the weekend. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.