Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means (2393 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Which Bornagain Christian Can Do This? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by highyo: 10:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
I know God will always stand by his words no matter. And he will judge every nature by his word

I do not want to be condem with just a little mistake. Please i need a true bornagain christain (not a benchwarmer o) true child of God that always live according to the bible not according to their pastor teaching. That will never twist the word of God no matter what, Infact I will even prefare deeper life member more to contribute

lev:19:19 do not wear a cloth made with different kind of materials

also lev19:27 do not trim the edge of your hair or your beard

Note
to avoid the anger of the lord, non beliver of Christ dont contribute
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Abiolachiefo(m): 11:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
I understand d angle u are comin from. This verse is among many. They are simply instructions that was needed to be obeyed at that time.
Its just like ur boss tellin u to wear a suit to work. It doesnt change u but it simply is an instruction 2 be obeyed. Dats all.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Oh ah see u re still ignorant of jesus did on d cross ah guess u still tink he dat to save u n dat's all ..we cant keep those laws d best of dem tired but couldn't n dat's y jesus came to free us 4rm d law so we re no longer bound by it read romans 5 n 8
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:21am On Oct 18, 2013
highyo:

Note

At last!
Please where is this famous anger of the foolish one? I am waiting.

To answer your question, those can only be the rantings of someone too mentally deranged for human association.

4 Likes

Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Alwaystrue(f): 9:22am On Oct 18, 2013
@highyo,
There is something called the law of commandment in ordinances seen in Ephesians 2:15.

Still there is something about the Spirit of God that will help you understand the OT using the Law of the Spirit - 2 Corinthians 3:14-18.

Please read the scriptures below if it will help:

Leviticus 19:9 - Deut 22: 11; Ez 44:17-18; Hebrews 12:1; II Cor. 6:4; Gal.5:9
Leviticus 19:27 - 2 Samuel 10:4-5; Jer. 10:2; Matthew 8:22; I Cor. 10:7,14: I Tim 4:12; I Cor. 15:33

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by bizmahn: 9:24am On Oct 18, 2013
highyo:

Note
Brother Highyo,
I've seen most of your posts in the past & Its clear to me that though you are zealous for sinless rightousness you are tilting to extremes that will make christianity appear to be a bondage.These extremes are usually due to honest but very wrong understanding of the scripture.Those scriptures you quoted in the topic are both parts of the laws that have been done away with in the new testament dispensation.I lack time else I will explain fully.In summary, large parts of the old testament laws & edicts have been done away with in the new testament but the moral laws that demand sinless purity are yet in full force.
Please endeavour to go see an experienced deeper life "pastor" or "group pastor" nearest to you.Note:- Not all are seasoned & experienced in the word of God even though they are honest.So see an experienced one.If the answer you got didn't satisfy you, meet another one in a different location till you get the answer.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by kingk(m): 12:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
I believe the New Testament LAWs supersedes the OT LAW.......... @op, life in christ JESUS...is by grace not Laws anymore.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by highyo: 3:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
bizmahn:
Brother Highyo,
I've seen most of your posts in the past & Its clear to me that though you are zealous for sinless rightousness you are tilting to extremes that will make christianity appear to be a bondage.These extremes are usually due to honest but very wrong understanding of the scripture.Those scriptures you quoted in the topic are both parts of the laws that have been done away with in the new testament dispensation.I lack time else I will explain fully.In summary, large parts of the old testament laws & edicts have been done away with in the new testament but the moral laws that demand sinless purity are yet in full force.
Please endeavour to go see an experienced deeper life "pastor" or "group pastor" nearest to you.Note:- Not all are seasoned & experienced in the word of God even though they are honest.So see an experienced one.If the answer you got didn't satisfy you, meet another one in a different location till you get the answer.

thank so much
but dont think i'm putting more yoke on my neck. One thing I belive is that the lord of old is still the lord of new testment
i always make the bible the final and the supreem

one thing i believe is that part of the law still remain constant, and part was eradicated starting from zachriah, isiah, mattew, act, letters of paul etc

one thing i learnt from the lord ever since i gave my life to him is that, his standard is very, very high.
Almost all that were written in lev19, exo20, etc still remain constant.
Whenever I'm doing something that i believe it doesnt matter, my mind will keep troubling me, and at the end, i will found out that my mind was right, may be pastor kumuyi or some other true anointed man of God may talk about it

or i may come across it in the bible

pls note, i'm not from deeper life family, infact i never like them b4
but i was 100% wrong about them
i love pastor Kumuyi
I wish he could be my Dad
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Joagbaje(m): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
highyo: I know God will always stand by his words no matter. And he will judge every nature by his word

I do not want to be condem with just a little mistake. Please i need a true bornagain christain (not a benchwarmer o) true child of God that always live according to the bible not according to their pastor teaching. That will never twist the word of God no matter what, Infact I will even prefare deeper life member more to contribute

Note

It's was for Jews while under the law. It symbolises "DONT MIX" it's an illustration of Isreal mixing with other nations. But it's abolished in christ .
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by okeyxyz(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
@OP,

Firstly, the whole law of Moses has been absolutely abolished. There's no remaining "still valid moral law" and an "abolished ceremonial law" as some people like to put it. All of it is done away with because the law was given without a true interpretation to go with it. So everything you see in this law is nothing but symbolism, not literal as people read them. This literalness is abolished. So I explain them to you by using principles:

Your doctrines must be pure. You must teach and practice doctrines as is fully validated by the spirit, don't not mix with other doctrines that do not agree or are not yours.

You must not subtract from these doctrines, teach and practice them to the full, not just ones that are in your comfort zones, or because you want to be "cool" with contrary beliefs.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by KiKatanga: 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
If one part of Leviticus is to be taken verbatim; the rest of it is.

Leviticus specifically and explicitly forbids Homosexuality, Tattoos, wearing clothes with mixed fibres, and trimming your forelocks or beard.

Either revere it all or revere none. It would be hypocritical to cherry pick only parts that you like.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by highyo: 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ki-Katanga:
If one part of Leviticus is to be taken verbatim; the rest of it is.

Leviticus specifically and explicitly forbids Homosexuality, Tattoos, wearing clothes with mixed fibres, and trimming your forelocks or beard.

Either revere it all or revere none. It would be hypocritical to cherry pick only parts that you like.

all other words are well explainatory
i know human who sleep with animals, people who speak or consult dead, people who draw tatoo, people who cheat etc are all children of their father satan
and all are in lev19

i purposley picked that out because its very confusing

hardly can u find a single cloth not made of two materials
thats why i asked the question
and i truely want to know the truth abt it so that i can be free
thanks
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by sammyzacks(m): 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
highyo:

these verses are shadows of things that were to come, and have come with the appearance of Jesus Christ.
God was trying to teach his people sanctification and purity without mingling with the world's system. He was saying: do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.Since the real purpose has been revealed, the shadow has to go. Jesus has fulfilled it.
dont go about leaving your beards untrimmed, and dont insist that your cloth be made from a single material. What you should do is to sanctify yourself to God, say no to sin and do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by bizmahn: 9:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
highyo:

i know human who sleep with animals, people who speak or consult dead, people who draw tatoo, people who cheat etc are all children of their father satan
and all are in lev19

thanks

Can you honestly categorize those two Scriptures you quoted as among the moral laws still in force today.Can putting on garment made of two materials defile your heart or offend your neighbour or be a moral stumbling block to people or make people to sin.Does it grieve God or the spirit?Does it cause Gods spirit to depart from you.Does it lower grace in your life or reduce your prayer life & spiritual stamina?Ask yourself such questions.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Ukutsgp(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2013
bizmahn:
Can you honestly categorize those two Scriptures you quoted as among the moral laws still in force today.Can putting on garment made of two materials defile your heart or offend your neighbour or be a moral stumbling block to people or make people to sin.Does it grieve God or the spirit?Does it cause Gods spirit to depart from you.Does it lower grace in your life or reduce your prayer life & spiritual stamina?Ask yourself such questions.
and also, hw can putting on trouser by a lady affect her spiritual life?
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by highyo: 11:29am On Oct 19, 2013
Ukuts gp: and also, hw can putting on trouser by a lady affect her spiritual life?

the answer to your question is in the book of zeph 1:8
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Image123(m): 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
Highyoooooo, my very good person. Always on the high side, God is your strength jare.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Goshen360(m): 4:11pm On Oct 19, 2013
highyo: I know God will always stand by his words no matter. And he will judge every nature by his word

Note

highyo:

and all are in lev19

thanks

Oh, I see you have come to the end of yourself and self efforts and self righteousness by obedience to the law. That's what the law does to a man trying to keep it. It brings you to the end of YOUR SELF EFFORTS TO PLEASE GOD OR BE MADE RIGHT WITH GOD.

Some will even say, you receive the Holy Spirit to HELP YOU KEEP THE LAWS OF MOSES....oh, don't you have the Holy Spirit to keep this very one? Why is this very one hard for you and confusing you?

Ah, let I forget, you want to know so you ask in order to be free? What!!! You can now see the same law you trying to keep puts you in bondage else you won't be seeking to be free. cheesy

God never intended the Israelites to live BY LAWS, it was the people of Israel that demanded for the law in their bid for SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS and so the law came (was given) to show them their transgression and BRING THEM TO THE END OF THEMSELVES AND SELF EFFORTS. Exactly SAME thing happening to you here with this verse in the law, you have come to the end of YOURSELF and now, you need a saviour.

Why wasn't it difficult for you to understand or apply women should not put on what is man's but this one is difficult for you? Remember, if you must keep the mosaic law, you must keep ALL. You break this verse up there, you guilty as breaking others even though you don't directly break them - the law is a wholesome and complete one unit package, you can't pick one and let go the rest, you can't do one and leave others undone and vice versa.

Let the Spirit of set you free from the bondage of the law keeper, the mosaic law weren't written to you but to the national Israel to BRING THEM TO THE END OF THEMSELVES AND SELF EFFORTS AND DRIVE THEM TO CHRIST, SO THEY CAN SEE A NEED FOR SAVIOUR. When you come to Christ, the law stops and the Spirit continues TO LEAD US instead of the law being a SCHOOLMASTER to you.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 19, 2013
Goshen360:

God never intended the Israelites to live BY LAWS, it was the people of Israel that demanded for the law in their bid for SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS and so the law came (was given) to show them their transgression and BRING THEM TO THE END OF THEMSELVES AND SELF EFFORTS. Exactly SAME thing happening to you here with this verse in the law, you have come to the end of YOURSELF and now, you need a saviour.
Erm! oga, when God issued an ordinance for the children of Israel to observe in Exodus 12:14-20. Did they DEMAND for it?
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Goshen360(m): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2013
Bidam: Erm! oga, when God issued an ordinance for the children of Israel to observe in Exodus 12:14-20. Did they DEMAND for it?

I did a teaching on this before, just of recent though. That's why I laughed at you when I asked you where laws was categorized as moral, ceremonial, sacrificial n all that. The scripture you gave was an intent that God never intended to give law to the but they should obey his VOICE.

However, they demanded the law through their arrogance and wanting to fulfill their self righteousness. That scripture you gave when I asked you question on the other thread was first spoken by God in exodus 19 and that showed God's original intent.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Image123(m): 7:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
Goshen360:

However, they demanded the law through their arrogance and wanting to fulfill their self righteousness. That scripture you gave when I asked you question on the other thread was first spoken by God in exodus 19 and that showed God's original intent.

Hmmm. The Gosh effect.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Goshen360(m): 7:15pm On Oct 19, 2013
Image123:

Hmmm. The Gosh effect.

... in 3D mood. cheesy
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
Goshen360:

The scripture you gave was an intent that God never intended to give law to the but they should obey his VOICE.

Never mind whether you laffed at me,You still have not answered my question with your wuruwuru answer.

What is law?

Exodus 12:14-21

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the Lord throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever. 15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: [size=16pt]for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.[/size]

My question to you is did they DEMAND THIS LAW/DECREE/ORDINANCE to start with? This is one among many others.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Goshen360(m): 7:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
@ Bidam and Image123,

Please read Galatians 3:19 in as many translations you can and pay attention to the answer to the question asked, then go read exodus 19 what transpired before the law was given in Exodus 20 and henceforth
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Goshen360(m): 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Bidam: Never mind whether you laffed at me,You still have not answered my question with your wuruwuru answer.

What is law?

Exodus 12:14-21

Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the Lord throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever. 15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: [size=16pt]for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.[/size]

My question to you is did they DEMAND THIS LAW/DECREE/ORDINANCE to start with? This is one among many others.

Relax big guy cheesy

I will tell you but I need you to "sow into the anointing" so you can enjoy this flow in the Spirit. grin
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by honeychild(f): 12:44am On Oct 20, 2013

Note

Though I am not a deeper life member, but here's a little explanation:

1. God entered a special covenant with the Israelites. They were to be his special people, the only ones with which he had a relationship at that time.

2. The purpose of the covenant was to keep a special people apart from the world, through whom Jesus would come. Remember that he had earlier promised Abraham their fore father that through his seed all nations would bless themselves. That seed was to be Jesus.

3. In order to keep them seperate and easily distinguished from the rest of the world, God gave the Israelites a very huge law code. It had rules on everything. ..from what to eat, to what to wear, how to build their houses etc. This law served two purposes:

A. It served as a fence, to keep them separate from the rest of the world.

B. Because no human could ever obey d entire law code, it served as a constant reminder to the Israelites that they were sinners in need of a saviour. This should have kept them eagerly awaiting the arrival of Jesus.

4. With the death of Christ, there is no longer any need for this law code. Christ death opened the way for everyone to have a relationship with God, so most of the laws given to keep the Israelites separate are no longer valid.

5. Some of the laws are still in operation, but these are the moral laws, and you will find that these are repeated in the New Testament.

So, in summary, those laws you quoted are part of the old law code that was done away with the death of Christ

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by honeychild(f): 12:55am On Oct 20, 2013
In case you need some scriptural backing:

Gal 3: 19
Why then the law? It was added to make transgression manifest. Until the seed should arrive, to whom the promise had been made.

Gal 3:23-25
However before the faith arrived, we were being guarded under Law, being handed over into custody, looking to the faith that was about to be received. So the law became our guardian leading to Christ, so that we might be declared righteous through faith. But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a guardian.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Kenchosen: 1:16am On Oct 20, 2013
4 own gud stay way frm d 613 laws.
U r saved by grace tru faith in christ Jesus.
Dont go n entangle urself wit d laws it wi only bring condendmation, guit n curses wen u fail 2kep it.
It is well.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Dewze(m): 1:28am On Oct 20, 2013
bizmahn:
Brother Highyo,

he is not looking for answers. He is looking for confirmation.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by bizmahn: 4:41am On Oct 20, 2013
honeychild:

5. Some of the laws are still in operation, but these are the moral laws, and you will find that these are repeated in the New Testament.

So, in summary, those laws you quoted are part of the old law code that was done away with the death of Christ
This post nicely buttresses my point.Highyo do not let anyone confuse you into believing that all the law contents have been abolished & as such new testament believers are relieved of all moral responsibilities once in christ.Ask yourself why didn't our dear Lord & his disciples engage in observing the animal sacrifices & and some of the elaborate odd requirements in the old testament? Its because they've been done away with but everyone knows the hallmark of what they lived & preached all through the new testament was sinless righteousness which is morality & is of the moral law.These moral laws requiring sinless righteousness was so important to Christ that in matt.5:21-48, our Lord showed clearly that they've not been abolished but rather He has even enhanced their intensity to the extent that anger is now as good as murder,lust is as good as adultery etc.So do not be decieved.Do not put on yourself what the Lord,His apostles & discibles did not put on themselves & do not yield to erronous counsels to forsake the whole laws altogether else we can also treat "do not kill" as abolished.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by bizmahn: 4:55am On Oct 20, 2013
Ukuts gp: and also, hw can putting on trouser by a lady affect her spiritual life?
I chose to ignore this post for obvious reasons but let me indulge you a little.Whatever outfit that gives any female a seductive appearance or makes her a bad example for others to follow is sinful & will affect the spiritual life whether it be a trouser,tight,short skirts or whatsoever.I intend to say no more on this matter.HE THAT HATH AN EAR TO HEAR...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Life Is Meaningless Without Christ / Annual God Of Breakthroughs Convention 2015. / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.